PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Vine is bitter about being bumped

Ken
21-01-2014, 10:54 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/22/esane3ur.jpg

Diclonius
21-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Surely just showing support for his former team mate?

Wotherspiniesta
21-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Don't really see the problem with his tweet?

Vine was a panic signing and is just a horrific footballer. Good riddance!

truehibernian
21-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Known for a beard, not football - says it all. He's also a twat.

edinburghhibee
21-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Maybe he's celebrating the fact that May scored a hat trick against the yams. Why is this a crap tweet?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-01-2014, 11:07 PM
He can tweet what he likes.

Gus Fring
21-01-2014, 11:10 PM
:singing: Rowan Vine. He tweets what he wants. HE TWEETS WHAT HE WANTS. Rowan Vine. He tweets what he wants

Billychaotic182
21-01-2014, 11:12 PM
I'm confused he played with May and no doubt will
Be good friends with him. How is him tweeting about Stevie May negative about Hibs? It's not like it was a goal against hibs. Some people will look at anything to have a moan! E tweets about big brother too. How dare he watch tv and to be training all day! Boy was pants move on. Surely there are better things for us to talk about on .net than this

Gordy M
Was chatting to a mate about this, is vine the most 'expensive' player hibs have signed going on previous transfer fees? He cost 3 million earlier in his career!!!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
Don't get this at all. The boys just supporting an ex team mate.

Vine is a bit of a knob, I'm sure he knows and accepts that, but that tweet is in no way anti Hibs.

NadeAteMyLunch!
Not much wrong with that.

He'll be wishing he had stayed put at Saints tbh

SaulGoodman
21-01-2014, 11:19 PM
I don't understand how Vine is a bit of a knob?

Sir David Gray
21-01-2014, 11:23 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/22/esane3ur.jpg

I don't get how you've made the connection between Vine tweeting his support for a former team-mate and him being bitter about being told by Butcher that he's free to find a new club. :confused:

Ken
21-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Just find it convenient that he's celebrating a goal for Hibs closest challengers for a top 6 place. I certainly wouldn't rule out it being because he is bitter

Jones28
21-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Just find it convenient that he's celebrating a goal for Hibs closest challengers for a top 6 place. I certainly wouldn't rule out it being because he is bitter

/his former team?

Tbh, if I had be signed, torn to shreds by fans and told 4 months later that I didn't have future here I'd be pissed off too. And I'd tweet whatever the hell I wanted, Hibs related or not.

The Green Goblin
21-01-2014, 11:40 PM

That`s quite a strange leap to make imo. Probably he`s a mate of May`s and anyway, how could a Hibs player ever cheering on a hat-trick against the yams be a bad thing?

sniff sniff :devil:

Saorsa
21-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Just find it convenient that he's celebrating a goal for Hibs closest challengers for a top 6 place. I certainly wouldn't rule out it being because he is bitterNah!

Ken
21-01-2014, 11:43 PM
That`s quite a strange leap to make imo. Probably he`s a mate of May`s and anyway, how could a Hibs player ever cheering on a hat-trick against the yams be a bad thing?

sniff sniff :devil:

It's nothing to do with his hatrick on Sat, it was celebrating his goal tonight

truehibernian
21-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Don't get this at all. The boys just supporting an ex team mate.

Vine is a bit of a knob, I'm sure he knows and accepts that, but that tweet is in no way anti Hibs.

Not overly bothered what he tweets, I am overly bothered that he clearly doesn't give a hoot about working hard and getting into the team.

A totally disinterested footballer - which he'll regret when his playing days are over. Can't wait until he, Clancy and a couple of others bolt !

SunshineOnLeith
22-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Man shows support for friend on social networking site.

In other news, bear defecates in woods.

The Green Goblin
22-01-2014, 02:15 AM
It's nothing to do with his hatrick on Sat, it was celebrating his goal tonight

I missed that, but come on. Really?

Iceman1875
22-01-2014, 06:37 AM
Might have something to do with the fact Stevie May said in the suns A to Z yesterday that vine was the best player he's ever played with.... Not sure how much RV paid him to say that or he's just supporting his fellow hairy pal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allezsauzee
22-01-2014, 06:42 AM
Slow news day then

Ken
22-01-2014, 07:29 AM
Might have something to do with the fact Stevie May said in the suns A to Z yesterday that vine was the best player he's ever played with.... Not sure how much RV paid him to say that or he's just supporting his fellow hairy pal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah that makes sense!

Tyler Durden
22-01-2014, 07:35 AM
I don't understand how Vine is a bit of a knob?

Read his Twitter feed for 5 minutes and you'll understand. Or how about the fact he's about a stone overweight and has shown no interest in getting fit since signing?

Or his day in court last year. Banned for driving after being pulled up for driving on his phone IIRC, only for judge to remind him he was already banned. He claimed not to be aware of this as he moves address so often. The guy is a fud.

Still, glad that Pat Fenlon did such an amazing job of ridding us of these types of characters and only signing committed professional types.....

Brightside
22-01-2014, 08:00 AM
You are aware that Jason Cummings sent a well done tweet to a hearts players last week?? STONE HIM! I reckon its some of the fans that should stay off twitter and not the players!

Gus
22-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Just wasted 30 seconds of my life reading this thread.

Vine has been tweeting about May all season. Think we have more pressing issues tbh this january

Jim44
22-01-2014, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=Gus;3878984]Just wasted 30 seconds of my life reading this thread.

Vine has been tweeting about May all season. Think we have more pressing issues tbh this january[/QUOTE

Maybe they're an item. :greengrin

johnbc70
22-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Was chatting to a mate about this, is vine the most 'expensive' player hibs have signed going on previous transfer fees? He cost 3 million earlier in his career!!!

Interesting point, could Vine be the most expensive player ever to have played for Hibs? (Going on previous transfer fees)

Jim44
22-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Interesting point, could Vine be the most expensive player ever to have played really poorly for Hibs? (Going on previous transfer fees)

Fixed that.

truehibernian
22-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Or Tom Taiwo - not a transfer fee as such but Leeds got over £5 million from Chelsea for TT and another lad back in the day.

Jones28
22-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Interesting point, could Vine be the most expensive player ever to have played for Hibs? (Going on previous transfer fees)

Taiwo?

Ronniekirk
22-01-2014, 09:33 AM

Can see the headline. Beware the Grapes of Wrath from the Vine . To be serious he will know he has had a wasted time here and if no interest in him he will be **** reed as he is on record saying he would rather go somewhere that he can play every week . Think a lot of people are pleased for Stevie May and he is a fan of the club and wants to stay till next summer which is bad news for our top six aspirations ,in fact if he does stay that will defo be us in bottom six unless we do some late window shopping but avoid the dummies . Am now resigned to what others are posting .Tell will get it right but we have been in a real mess and there is no quick fix,so incremental baby steps it is ,at least it's progress in the right direction

Andy74
22-01-2014, 09:41 AM
This thread is brutal.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Its certainly a bit odd to say the least.

Twitter/Facebook shouldnae be encouraged.

dangermouse
22-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Surely just showing support for his former team mate?

A pedant writes: Hearts are currently 21 points behind 11th place so to avoid immediate relegation they need at least 22 points. To avoid relegation completely they need to overhaul the team in 10th place who are 22 points ahead so they would need 23. This of course does not take into account that both 11th and 10th placed teams have a game in hand (as do 8th and 9th) so it may get even worse. :greengrin

PLEASING.

God Petrie
22-01-2014, 10:54 AM
I've met vine and he's a friendly guy. To be honest, I wouldn't blame him if he was bitter towards Hibs as the fans treated him abysmally. This tweet has nothing to do with us however.

Leithenhibby
22-01-2014, 11:02 AM

Utter pi&h GGTTH ;-)

TAHibby
22-01-2014, 12:19 PM
He'll have been given a fair chance by Butcher just like every other player.

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Read his Twitter feed for 5 minutes and you'll understand. Or how about the fact he's about a stone overweight and has shown no interest in getting fit since signing?

Or his day in court last year. Banned for driving after being pulled up for driving on his phone IIRC, only for judge to remind him he was already banned. He claimed not to be aware of this as he moves address so often. The guy is a fud.

Still, glad that Pat Fenlon did such an amazing job of ridding us of these types of characters and only signing committed professional types.....

that must have been pretty uncomfortable :(

jacomo
22-01-2014, 01:15 PM
He'll have been given a fair chance by Butcher just like every other player.

He's not had any playing time under Butcher though.

Fitness issues may well have played a part, but pure speculation on my part.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2014, 04:43 PM
You are aware that Jason Cummings sent a well done tweet to a hearts players last week?? STONE HIM! I reckon its some of the fans that should stay off twitter and not the players!

:shocked:

I think stoning him for that is a bit much to be honest.

I believe lethal injection is considered to be the most humane method of capital punishment these days so I'll go for that instead.

:wink:

johnbc70
22-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Taiwo?

Could be but think the whole £5M was based on many clauses and as stated by another poster it was a combined fee with another young guy. So Vine could well be the most expensive player, based on previous fees, to have played for the club.

VivaHiberña
22-01-2014, 05:02 PM
What about Sauzée? Surely he must have cost a fair bit moving between the French clubs he played for.

Brizo
22-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Don't see anything in his tweet to upset Hibs or Hibs fans. We should be more upset / concerned that he doesn't seem to have the motivation or desire to fight for a place in his new managers team. Maybe he's already tweeted a message to say he is fighting for his place altho as I don't twitter or do that that facebook thing:dunno:.

I see Vine about a lot in stockaree and the New Town , afaik the club has flats down there. I get the impression he loves the idea of being a professional fitba player but cannae be bothered with the effort and dedication side of things. He's another who got a big move too early and doesn't feel he needs to bother anymore. A result of the mental English transfer market producing million pound nobodies.

hibee316
22-01-2014, 05:39 PM

Kenny Miller's total is nearly £11m

;)

Inch Hibs
22-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Kenny Miller's total is nearly £11m

;)

Fletcher is more! The question is about a player coming to us after that amount of money being paid for them though!

I think the answer may be Jonathan Johanssen (sp)

hibee316
22-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Fletcher is more! The question is about a player coming to us after that amount of money being paid for them though!

Yea, I got that! Im just hoping he would be the answer by the end of January!

hibee316
22-01-2014, 06:13 PM
I think it might be O'connor when he returned.

Gordy M
22-01-2014, 06:19 PM

yeh it was mate, signing for hibs after a big transfer 'tag', totally forgot about johanssen!! Tried to find sauzees transfers but could see any details.

vine costing 3 mil was only one transfer, not combined.

Inch Hibs
22-01-2014, 07:45 PM
yeh it was mate, signing for hibs after a big transfer 'tag', totally forgot about johanssen!! Tried to find sauzees transfers but could see any details.

vine costing 3 mil was only one transfer, not combined.

Le God was back in the former transfer currency mode mate. JJ left rangers for £4m I think.

Inch Hibs
22-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Yea, I got that! Im just hoping he would be the answer by the end of January!

Valid call :)

Jonnyboy
22-01-2014, 07:54 PM
This thread is brutal.

Agreed. Sorry Ken but this takes paranoia to a new level :agree:

The Green Goblin
22-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Agreed. Sorry Ken but this takes paranoia to a new level :agree:

Yup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSjK2Oqrgic

weonlywon6-2
22-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Don't see anything in his tweet to upset Hibs or Hibs fans. We should be more upset / concerned that he doesn't seem to have the motivation or desire to fight for a place in his new managers team. Maybe he's already tweeted a message to say he is fighting for his place altho as I don't twitter or do that that facebook thing:dunno:.

I see Vine about a lot in stockaree and the New Town , afaik the club has flats down there. I get the impression he loves the idea of being a professional fitba player but cannae be bothered with the effort and dedication side of things. He's another who got a big move too early and doesn't feel he needs to bother anymore. A result of the mental English transfer market producing million pound nobodies.

Was it ever made official that vine,thomson and two others were being released or has it not happened?

Northernhibee
22-01-2014, 09:49 PM
This thread is brutal.

Yep, the way that Vine has been treated has been shameful.

Diclonius
22-01-2014, 09:52 PM
A pedant writes: Hearts are currently 21 points behind 11th place so to avoid immediate relegation they need at least 22 points. To avoid relegation completely they need to overhaul the team in 10th place who are 22 points ahead so they would need 23. This of course does not take into account that both 11th and 10th placed teams have a game in hand (as do 8th and 9th) so it may get even worse. :greengrin

PLEASING.

I'm assuming the best case scenario for them.. When they can't even achieve that it's party time. :wink:

patch1875
22-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Was it ever made official that vine,thomson and two others were being released or has it not happened?

They haven't been released but told they are no longer required and to find another club, spoke to one of them and Petrie doesn't want to pay the contracts off.