PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's Referee

Mikey
21-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Yep, you guessed it :greengrin

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPFL/28.%20SPFL%20Appointments%20Saturday%2025th%20-%20Wednesday%2029th%20January%202014.pdf

Sir David Gray
21-01-2014, 05:31 PM

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPFL/28.%20SPFL%20Appointments%20Saturday%2025th%20-%20Wednesday%2029th%20January%202014.pdf

This is ridiculous, we just had him a couple of weeks ago against Aberdeen. :bitchy:

SMAXXA
21-01-2014, 05:41 PM
This is ridiculous, we just had him a couple of weeks ago against Aberdeen. :bitchy:

You think that's bad, check the Lino William the Conqueror :wink:

Hibs Class
21-01-2014, 05:48 PM
I see Brian Colvin has the Celtc Killie match next Wednesday, suggests there's no concern with how he reffed last weekend's St J hearts game. Good.

Potty78
21-01-2014, 05:58 PM
I see Brian Colvin has the Celtc Killie match next Wednesday, suggests there's no concern with how he reffed last weekend's St J hearts game. Good.
He should be sent to the east of Scotland. Terrible decisions last sat. Fir both teams!

Jonnyboy
21-01-2014, 08:03 PM

That's bad but at least we didn't get assistant ref no. 1 from the Dumbarton match :wink:

DanHFC1875
22-01-2014, 12:43 PM
FFS!!
This guy isnae going away is he!?
Absolute Bell end.

Hopefully we have a new signing in before the game. Saturday was disapointing, should've had a pen and salvaged a draw.
Will take 3 points on Sunday ;) lol

mikethehibee69
22-01-2014, 12:49 PM
To be fair the last time CT was ref at ER, he was ok, although he has had dire games when we have been ref'd by him, Willie Collum, IMO is a blatant liability and the more I see this penalty claim, the more annoyed I get::rolleyes:

Hibercelona
22-01-2014, 02:30 PM
It's a good thing Celtic are now thier main rivals. I might even tip ourselves to win.

silverhibee
22-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Any one know how many players in the squad who are a yellow card away from suspensions, we do seem to pick up a fair share of yellow cards during games.

The Harp Awakes
22-01-2014, 03:18 PM
As if Craig Thomson isn't bad enough, I see Willie Conquer is running one of the lines. I used to play 5s with Willie and he's a jambo, or at least he was when I knew him.

PISTOL1875
22-01-2014, 06:10 PM
If HIbs players can do there jobs properly on the park then we won't have to worry about the officials.. It won't be the refs fault if we can't defend properly..

Big Frank
22-01-2014, 10:03 PM
If HIbs players can do there jobs properly on the park then we won't have to worry about the officials.. It won't be the refs fault if we can't defend properly..

Nope. Our players could still do their jobs properly and still get stiffed by that lanky streak of piss hertz cheating *******.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Any one know how many players in the squad who are a yellow card away from suspensions, we do seem to pick up a fair share of yellow cards during games.

No but Ive heard Thomson has a sixth sense for that... :(

SON OF PADDY
22-01-2014, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=Hibs Class;3878415]I see Brian Colvin has the Celtc Killie match next Wednesday, suggests there's no concern with how he reffed lat weekend's St J hearts game. Good.[/Q

Used to work with Brian Colvin years ago at LRT
He's a Celtic Man ! I'll say no more !!

Diclonius
22-01-2014, 10:55 PM
I wasn't expecting anything out of Sunday's game in the first place, it's a shame that's now guaranteed.

Craig_in_Prague
22-01-2014, 10:59 PM
I wasn't expecting anything out of Sunday's game in the first place, it's a shame that's now guaranteed.

I promised myself i'd avoid hibs games when he is ref. .. but from now on, I will be another sidney and craig will send letter after letter of complaint to the sfa/spl

silverhibee
22-01-2014, 11:33 PM
No Stokes for celtc this weekend. Yipee.

EskbankHibee
23-01-2014, 01:08 AM

I think we are well within our right to question CT's continual selection for Scotland's biggest matches. Some say he's bias, I just think he's completely incompetent. Only in Scotland can you make the glaring mistakes he has and get away with it.

Mind you it's not only in Scotland. Can anyone remember the European game he brought into disrepute with his utter inadequacy? Minds gone blank

delbert
23-01-2014, 01:27 AM
I think we are well within our right to question CT's continual selection for Scotland's biggest matches. Some say he's bias, I just think he's completely incompetent. Only in Scotland can you make the glaring mistakes he has and get away with it.

Mind you it's not only in Scotland. Can anyone remember the European game he brought into disrepute with his utter inadequacy? Minds gone blank

Even if he appears to untouchable in Scotland, the FIFA people know that he is a numpty, thats why he was never in the running to go to Brazil. he is a guy who has made so many high profile errors it simply beggars belief that he is rated our No 1 and in my opinion is by far the poorest 'top' referee Scotland have ever produced. Im sure the guys who run the line with FIFA badges are delighted that having this guy as our No 1, it means there is no chance their hard work will be rewarded with a trip to a World Cup Finals - although to be fair they probably still have more chance than any Scotland player in the next 10 years.

EskbankHibee
23-01-2014, 01:55 AM
Even if he appears to untouchable in Scotland, the FIFA people know that he is a numpty, thats why he was never in the running to go to Brazil. he is a guy who has made so many high profile errors it simply beggars belief that he is rated our No 1 and in my opinion is by far the poorest 'top' referee Scotland have ever produced. Im sure the guys who run the line with FIFA badges are delighted that having this guy as our No 1, it means there is no chance their hard work will be rewarded with a trip to a World Cup Finals - although to be fair they probably still have more chance than any Scotland player in the next 10 years.

Well unless CT has friends in high places, then I'm afraid we have no hope for Scottish referees if none of them can topple him for No 1 in Scotland. Embarrassing

staunchhibby
23-01-2014, 02:53 AM
Bring back the referee from Malta and let our refs. See how it should be done :aok:

Hedlund12
23-01-2014, 09:15 AM
I know that this is going to ruffle a few feathers but this is IMO.... there are a few scottish referees out there who are worse referees than CT. I've said it before and I'll put my neck on the line saying it again - I don't mind him.

I also met a fellow hubby in Malmo and again at S@inecast@e....we got chatting and he told me that Thomson was a friend of his wife's side of the family and the connections with He@rts are not true.... (Don't shoot the messenger).

Here's hoping I don't have to eat my words after Sunday and post that my opinion of him has changed!!:greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
23-01-2014, 09:58 AM
I know that this is going to ruffle a few feathers but this is IMO.... there are a few scottish referees out there who are worse referees than CT. I've said it before and I'll put my neck on the line saying it again - I don't mind him.

I also met a fellow hubby in Malmo and again at S@inecast@e....we got chatting and he told me that Thomson was a friend of his wife's side of the family and the connections with He@rts are not true.... (Don't shoot the messenger).

Here's hoping I don't have to eat my words after Sunday and post that my opinion of him has changed!!:greengrin

say no more.

marinello59
23-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Bring back the referee from Malta and let our refs. See how it should be done :aok:

If they were here for any length of time we would be giving them just as much abuse as our native Refs get. Our officials are, as a group, no worse than those in other countries.

EskbankHibee
23-01-2014, 11:36 AM
If they were here for any length of time we would be giving them just as much abuse as our native Refs get. Our officials are, as a group, no worse than those in other countries.

I take it you haven't been watching Hibs at all? The standard of refereeing in Scotland is far worse than any other. Here are a few examples of decisions that only Scotish referees would make. I have no idea how they managed to get these wrong

Griffiths goal that never was was such a bad decision it made the national news.

Dundee Utd's last minute penalty at Tannadice for a foul well outside the box.

Craig Thomson makes the same decision in the Cup Final.

Paul Hanlon's goal that never went anywhere near the line v Dunfemrline.

Wotherspoon wins a penalty at Fir Park for being fouled outside the box.

Not just games involving Hibs though. Hearts versus St Johnstone at the weekend topped the lot. Referee managed to get EVERY single decision wrong. And how can we forget the incident where Dougie Macdonald admits lying to Neil Lennon about a decision?

Bring back the Maltese refs please!!

Judas Iscariot
23-01-2014, 11:45 AM

say no more.

Anytime some Hertz **** or anyone else for that matter tries to make out CT is not a blatant cheat, that picture must be shown..

Disgraceful

bigwheel
23-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Well tin hat on....people who actually think CT cheats against Hibs are wrong. He is simply not a good referee. You actually think he chooses his decisions to give us a hard time? wake up guys - he has simply made a number of bad decisions.... How would you explain the decision against Aberdeen when he didn't give them a blatant penalty? more obvious a call than the foul on Heff . Did he decide to be nice to us on that one? There will be others - It paranoia - used to be commonly a Celtic thing - seems to be more prevalent amongst our fans these days..

And those showing the cup final penalty pic - so he got it wrong (or maybe his linesman did) let's remember though - it was still a foul, and Kujabi was still getting sent off for a second booking...

It's boring, they are human - get over it

Frankly , whilst hugely frustrating at times, debating referees decisions is just one of the reasons football is magic!

Judas Iscariot
23-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Well tin hat on....people who actually think CT cheats against Hibs are wrong. He is simply not a good referee. You actually think he chooses his decisions to give us a hard time? wake up guys - he has simply made a number of bad decisions.... How would you explain the decision against Aberdeen when he didn't give them a blatant penalty? more obvious a call than the foul on Heff . Did he decide to be nice to us on that one? There will be others - It paranoia - used to be commonly a Celtic thing - seems to be more prevalent amongst our fans these days..

And those showing the cup final penalty pic - so he got it wrong (or maybe his linesman did) let's remember though - it was still a foul, and Kujabi was still getting sent off for a second booking...

Frankly , whilst hugely frustrating at times, debating referees decisions is just one of the reasons football is magic!

He's a cheat

Plenty other instances of him cheating against us

bigwheel
23-01-2014, 12:14 PM
He's a cheat

Plenty other instances of him cheating against us

Nonsense and a whole number of games in last 12 months , where nothing untoward has happened - its a chip on the shoulder...a big one at that

green.oracle
23-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Nonsense and a whole number of games in last 12 months , where nothing untoward has happened - its a chip on the shoulder...a big one at that

You are having a laugh. He's an out and out cheat where Hibs are concerned.

A few of the big decisions that spring to mind over a number of years;

Not giving Dean Shiels a penalty for a blatant push in the back and then giving the pars a soft one at the other end - scottish cup semi replay 2007.

Sending Fletcher off in the 28th minute of scottish cup tie v them 2009.

Pawlett's diving penalty incident at pittodrie 2011 which won the game then he was retrospectively banned for two games for diving.

Nobody arguing kujabi fouled the spanish waiter but was outside the box. The penalty killed the game. If kujabi two fouls were bookings, how come that little turd black was not sent off in the first half for two blatant assaults on Sparky.

Sending Cairney off at Dingwall.

I could name several others but cant be bothered giving your post any more space. :rolleyes:

:tbgwa::thumbsup:

SaulGoodman
23-01-2014, 12:44 PM

say no more.

That picture makes me more annoyed at Kujabi than anything.

bigwheel
23-01-2014, 01:25 PM
You are having a laugh. He's an out and out cheat where Hibs are concerned.

A few of the big decisions that spring to mind over a number of years;

Not giving Dean Shiels a penalty for a blatant push in the back and then giving the pars a soft one at the other end - scottish cup semi replay 2007.

Sending Fletcher off in the 28th minute of scottish cup tie v them 2009.

Pawlett's diving penalty incident at pittodrie 2011 which won the game then he was retrospectively banned for two games for diving.

Nobody arguing kujabi fouled the spanish waiter but was outside the box. The penalty killed the game. If kujabi two fouls were bookings, how come that little turd black was not sent off in the first half for two blatant assaults on Sparky.

Sending Cairney off at Dingwall.

I could name several others but cant be bothered giving your post any more space. :rolleyes:

:tbgwa::thumbsup:

How come you never mentioned that he sent Pawlett off in that came for an incident he was later cleared off? It easy to list only the bad calls...

EskbankHibee
23-01-2014, 01:29 PM
How come you never mentioned that he sent Pawlett off in that came for an incident he was later cleared off? It easy to list only the bad calls...

Exactly. It's all too easy to list the bad calls, there is that many of them! I agree I don't think Thomson is biased. He just shouldn't be allowed to referee. He is completely incompetent

Scouse Hibee
23-01-2014, 01:53 PM

:agree: Hardly noticed him last time at ER, he has made some very poor decisions but so have other refs.

green.oracle
24-01-2014, 12:55 PM

Two wrongs never made a right. The sheep still won the game thanks to the penalty.

However, taking your point on board, list some of the dodgy decisions that muppet has given in our favour.

I dont expect a reply:rolleyes:

LaMotta
24-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Anyone Guess who the referee was the last time we beat Celtic at Easter Road?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20823155

Big Frank
24-01-2014, 01:56 PM

na bigwheel. Hes a cheat. Plain and simple. Nae chip on the shoulder from the Hibs... he was sticking it up us long, long before the CT cup final.

I went through his entire record last year doing a like for like for his games where the greenjerseys were involved and his games in charge of the merricks. Listed all cards for and against, sendings off, penalties total wins , losses etc. Posted it. The difference between the 2 clubs is staggering.
He's an anti - hibs prick :agree:. The fact that he is incompetent beyond the collum and just a **** referee is moot.

did I say he was a prick :confused:

Judas Iscariot
24-01-2014, 03:16 PM
na bigwheel. Hes a cheat. Plain and simple. Nae chip on the shoulder from the Hibs... he was sticking it up us long, long before the CT cup final.

I went through his entire record last year doing a like for like for his games where the greenjerseys were involved and his games in charge of the merricks. Listed all cards for and against, sendings off, penalties total wins , losses etc. Posted it. The difference between the 2 clubs is staggering.
He's an anti - hibs prick :agree:. The fact that he is incompetent beyond the collum and just a **** referee is moot.

did I say he was a prick :confused:

This :top marks

End thread

He is a cheating, anti hibs ****wit, hibs know it & the SFA know it

Complained & questioned about his appointment before the final and never ever did we receive a response from the fuds in charge of our game

Pathetic wee welt of a man that'll get his comeuppance one day

JimBHibees
24-01-2014, 03:43 PM
This :top marks

End thread

He is a cheating, anti hibs ****wit, hibs know it & the SFA know it

Complained & questioned about his appointment before the final and never ever did we receive a response from the fuds in charge of our game

Pathetic wee welt of a man that'll get his comeuppance one day

I agree, I honestly cannot remember a decision he has given for us which directly affected a game.

Judas Iscariot
26-01-2014, 04:55 PM

What dyou think today then?

Saorsa
26-01-2014, 09:08 PM
What dyou think today then?It was just mair incompetence really :agree: I think TB was just being a bit paranoid today as well just like the rest of us :agree:

snooky
26-01-2014, 09:44 PM
It was just mair incontinence really :agree: I think TB was just being a bit paranoid today as well just like the rest of us :agree:

(Actually, I don't like when people do this to folks posts but for a 'one of' ...)

There, I fixed that for you :wink: