PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray

EskbankHibee
21-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Could this be his year to finally win the Australian open? It won't be easy with Federer and Nadal hitting good form again but Djokovic has just been eliminated in 5 sets by Wawrinka..

Tricla
21-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Here's hoping.

Onceinawhile
21-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Rafa's to lose.

Think it's come just too soon for him unfortunately. Hope so though.

Ronniekirk
21-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Could this be his year to finally win the Australian open? It won't be easy with Federer and Nadal hitting good form again but Djokovic has just been eliminated in 5 sets by Wawrinka..
Federer possibly , but a fit Nadal when Andy just coming back from injury is a big ask

Sylar
21-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Feed rear possibly but a fit nasal when Andy just coming back from injury is a big ask

I do love autocorrect :greengrin

EskbankHibee
21-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Could be Wawrinkas year. He was awesome today

cleanyman
21-01-2014, 12:00 PM
No.

RF will take him to 5 sets tomorrow, 32 or not he plays very well at this tournament.

Stan The Man plays Berdych who of course has been to a Grand Slam Final before, that's tough to call.

As someone said above, Nadal is now heavy favourite.

SeanWilson
21-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Could be Wawrinkas year. He was awesome today

finds it hard to close out his service game though...

I have a funny feeling Andy will take a straight sets defeat from RF tomorrow but fingers are crossed.

Ronniekirk
21-01-2014, 12:08 PM
I do love autocorrect :greengrin

I hate it :confused:

Oscar T Grouch
21-01-2014, 12:32 PM
TBH once you get to the semi's it pretty hard to call, I hope he does it, but think its too soon after the back operation. If someone takes him to 5 sets then it will be a bigger ask. Personally its got Rafas name written all over it now.

On his day Murray, as we all know can beat anyone.

Mon the Murray :flag:

Sir David Gray
21-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Don't see Murray winning this tournament to be honest.

If he beats Federer tomorrow, he's then likely to play Nadal in the semis and I don't see him beating him.

Rafa will win the tournament.

Gustavo Fring
21-01-2014, 12:59 PM
the only guy that can stand up to nadals heavy game and beat him is djokovic and he's oot

wawrinka cant get a sniff against rafa

murray usually struggles , but theyve never played since lendl got involved so maybe

federers in his prime maybe but he's too old now

berdych no chance

Dashing Bob S
21-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Agree it's Rafa's to lose. Which you have to say about every single tournament he's in at the moment.

JimBHibees
21-01-2014, 01:24 PM
the only guy that can stand up to nadals heavy game and beat him is djokovic and he's oot

murray usually struggles , but theyve never played since lendl got involved so maybe

berdych no chance

Totally disagree Stan is more than capable of beating Rafa with his astonishing ground strokes whether he will is another thing however would give him a real game if they meet in the final.

Gustavo Fring
21-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Totally disagree Stan is more than capable of beating Rafa with his astonishing ground strokes whether he will is another thing however would give him a real game if they meet in the final.

have you ever seen him play nadal ? the couple of times i have nadal destroyed him , wawrinka was strugglin' strugglin' to even take a point from him

EskbankHibee
21-01-2014, 01:55 PM

berdych no chance

This is arguably Murray's favourite tournament, and he might be growing into it this year. He's been in three of the last four finals. Plenty value in his 6/1 odds anyway

jacomo
21-01-2014, 02:02 PM
This is arguably Murray's favourite tournament, and he might be growing into it this year. He's been in three of the last four finals. Plenty value in his 6/1 odds anyway

Seems a good punt to me.

Murray belongs at the top, he just looks like a champ these days.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2014, 02:18 PM

Wawrinka's never even won a set against Nadal in their 12 previous meetings.

JimBHibees
21-01-2014, 02:24 PM
have you ever seen him play nadal ? the couple of times i have nadal destroyed him , wawrinka was strugglin' strugglin' to even take a point from him

The last time they played in London at ATP Finals he lost in straight sets however both were tie breaks and he had actually won more points. His record v Nadal is poor whose isnt to be fair however to me Stan has improved massively and was brilliant against Djokovic at the last 2 Australian Opens and also at the US where he destroyed Murray.

On his day to me he can beat anyone his ground strokes are that good.

JimBHibees
21-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Wawrinka's never even won a set against Nadal in their 12 previous meetings.

His form in the Grand slams has been very impressive and no doubt he would give Nadal a tough game if they both meet in the final.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2014, 02:59 PM
His form in the Grand slams has been very impressive and no doubt he would give Nadal a tough game if they both meet in the final.

Don't get me wrong, he is a really good player and he's someone who deserves to have a bit of success after living in the massive shadow of Roger Federer for so many years.

However, the guy you quoted just said that he can't get a sniff against Nadal, which is technically true!

Nadal's form in the last 11 months, since returning from injury, has been largely incredible and now that Djokovic is out, I really can't see anyone stopping him.

JimBHibees
21-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Don't get me wrong, he is a really good player and he's someone who deserves to have a bit of success after living in the massive shadow of Roger Federer for so many years.

However, the guy you quoted just said that he can't get a sniff against Nadal, which is technically true!

Nadal's form in the last 11 months, since returning from injury, has been largely incredible and now that Djokovic is out, I really can't see anyone stopping him.

The last time they played Nadal won on two tie breaks with Stan having won more points hardly suggests a walkover.

heretoday
21-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Andy is going to win this tournament. I feel it in me watter!

Alex Trager
22-01-2014, 07:55 AM
Is the match on radio today?

EskbankHibee
22-01-2014, 10:30 AM
He's hanging in there. Federer looks strong this year though!