PDA

View Full Version : Harris signs new deal at Hibs

matty_f
21-01-2014, 10:04 AM
According to een Twitter feed. Great news!

nribs
21-01-2014, 10:04 AM
According to een Twitter feed. Great news!until the summer of 2017

CallumLaidlaw
21-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Fantastic news!

hibee92
21-01-2014, 10:06 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1666253385/twitter-header_normal.gif (https://twitter.com/HibernianFCClub)

Hibernian FC ‏@HibernianFCClub (https://twitter.com/HibernianFCClub) 5m (https://twitter.com/HibernianFCClub/status/425583827352686593)
BREAKING NEWS: @AlexHarris_94 (https://twitter.com/AlexHarris_94) Agrees New Deal, Teenage Winger Signs Until Summer of 2017 http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140121/harris-agrees-new-contract_2262950_3630082 … (http://t.co/mSV1LP12cc) #Hibs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hibs&src=hash)

RSS Bot
21-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Winger signs deal with Hibernian until 2017

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140121/harris-agrees-new-contract_2262950_3630082)

B.H.F.C
21-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Good news. Hopefully that run out he got on Saturday will help get him back to full fitness that bit quicker

Gustavo Fring
21-01-2014, 10:27 AM
its on the EEN website too

Harris said: “I’m delighted to have agreed a new contract. Hibs is my home and I’m really pleased that the deal has been agreed.
“My long-term goals are to establish myself in the first team, build on my performances (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/alex-harris-signs-new-deal-with-hibs-1-3275947#) from last season and help push the team up the league.
“The new manager has already shown a lot of faith in me, which is really encouraging. I just want to kick on from here.”

Leithenhibby
21-01-2014, 10:28 AM
I'll enjoy watching this young talent flourish....... :aok:

jacomo
21-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Good news.

CyberSauzee
21-01-2014, 10:37 AM
its on the EEN website too

Harris said: “I’m delighted to have agreed a new contract. Hibs is my home and I’m really pleased that the deal has been agreed.
“My long-term goals are to establish myself in the first team, build on my performances (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/alex-harris-signs-new-deal-with-hibs-1-3275947#) from last season and help push the team up the league.
“The new manager has already shown a lot of faith in me, which is really encouraging. I just want to kick on from here.”

Link...

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/alex-harris-signs-new-deal-with-hibs-1-3275947

Very pleasing

Stevie Reid
21-01-2014, 10:37 AM
A great piece of business by the club. Very excited at where this lad can go.

zlatan
21-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Health & safety will take him off us after the first of those three years :(

Glesgahibby
21-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Fantastic news
have to admit I was getting a tad worried
:aok:

Ronniekirk
21-01-2014, 10:50 AM
A great piece of business by the club. Very excited at where this lad can go.
He is a Hibee , one of our own That's what makes it that bit special. But we need to be patient and not expect too soon .He needs to get match fit and find his touch and confidence again and not be our sole out ball as teams got wise to that and there was too Mutch pressure on him too soon.

Stevie Reid
21-01-2014, 10:55 AM
He is a Hibee , one of our own That's what makes it that bit special. But we need to be patient and not expect too soon .He needs to get match fit and find his touch and confidence again and not be our sole out ball as teams got wise to that and there was too Mutch pressure on him too soon.

Teams will always get wise to threatening players, and Alex will have to deal with that - that's not too much pressure, that's the reality of football (compared to the likes of Gauld, the fuss has been minimal with regards to Alex anyway). He will have to learn and adapt over time, and I am confident that he will, but of course there are no guarantees. His pace alone should ensure him a good SPL career at the very least, but he really has it all in front of him.

Apart from his very obvious talents, he has a very level head which can only be good for him. As you say, great to see one of our own coming through again too :aok:

Leishy1995
21-01-2014, 11:11 AM

He said in an interview at the end of last year he grew up a Celtic fan but when he signed for Hibs he supported no other team.

Bostonhibby
21-01-2014, 11:18 AM
This is a great piece of business, I like everything about the way he plays and conducts himself. Outstanding talent.

lyonhibs
21-01-2014, 11:25 AM
If that's all the business we do this January, then it'll have been a cracking transfer window in the circumstances.

A fit Alex Harris with a head clear of any contract shenanigans is a better new player to bring into the squad than we could hope to pick up on the open market, especially in January.

Weststandwanab
21-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Health & safety will take him off us after the first of those three years :(Summer of 2016 he will sign for Celtic will be my prediction.

Enjoy Alex whilst he is here.

Ronniekirk
21-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Summer of 2016 he will sign for Celtic will be my prediction.

No no need for that comment today we are well aware that Celtic find it hard to get there own players so regularly take ours ,we expect that now. so yes we will enjoy him , starting funny enough against Celtic. Alex s father was a comedian so maybe this time we will have the last laugh and he will show more ambition and look to move south .

Stax
21-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Well done fella, can't wait to see him fully fit again :aok:

hibby67
21-01-2014, 12:02 PM
great news and well deserved ......

Mikey09
21-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Over the moon the boy has signed!!! Ive seen a huge difference in Hanlon, Stevonson etc since our manager has come in. Fingers crossed he can work his magic on Alex Harris and have him flying at full backs getting the supporters off there feet. Well done all at Hibs and best of luck Alex............. :tbgwa:

Pretty Boy
21-01-2014, 12:23 PM
One of the most important signings we have made in recent seasons.

Great news.

TrinityHibs
21-01-2014, 12:43 PM
That signing on its own confirms I will have a ST next year. Looking forward to Alex developing as a player under a top manager

Inch Hibs
21-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Fantastico :)

The_Todd
21-01-2014, 12:51 PM
I for one think it's disgusting that we're forcing a young player to play professional football. What would the HSE say about this?

But seriously, excellent news.

Gustavo Fring
21-01-2014, 01:03 PM
of all the players out of contract in the summer he would have been the biggest loss if he's left , big relief that he's signed up

Vault Boy
21-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Great news, now we need to sign someone to give him competition. :aok:

London Hibs FC
21-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Great news, now crack on so we can one day look back at how grateful we were to have witnessed you grace the hallowed turf ...... hope you're remembered as captain of the Hibs team that retained the Scottish Cup :greengrin

jdships
21-01-2014, 01:57 PM

YAWN :faf:

I have known this lad for a while and can assure you when he leaves ER it will be through greater ambition than playing for the OF
He is an intteligent sensible young man and I personally believe " the world's his oyster " as far as football is concerned.
Glad he has TB looking after him and he is pleased that TB is here to further his career

jdships
21-01-2014, 02:02 PM
One of the most important signings we have made in recent seasons.

Great news.

:agree::thumbsup:

erin go bragh
21-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Brilliant news . Well done Hibs ,

Ggtth

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Great news, well done!

147lothian
21-01-2014, 04:40 PM
The best news I could have hoped for:not worth

worcesterhibby
21-01-2014, 04:50 PM

I fully expect your Mrs to go off with the milkman about the same time, you joy-killer. Enjoy her whilst you can.:na na:

SMAXXA
21-01-2014, 04:58 PM

Theres always one who can't just enjoy the good news without being pessimistic, cheer up man :agree:

scoopyboy
21-01-2014, 05:21 PM

The only way that will happen is if he is a roaring success, in which case I will worry about it in 2016.

RyeSloan
21-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Am I the only one that is yet to be convinced that Alex Harris is the new messiah?

Yeah I'm pleased we have retained him on a new contract but what has he actually done in a Hibs shirt to get everyone quite so excited?

Flanny boy
21-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Great news,well chuffed

Eyrie
21-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Delighted to hear that he's signed a new deal, and I look forward to seeing him develop into an even better player for us.

hibs0666
21-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Am I the only one that is yet to be convinced that Alex Harris is the new messiah?

Yeah I'm pleased we have retained him on a new contract but what has he actually done in a Hibs shirt to get everyone quite so excited?

Dragged Hibs back into Falkirk semi single handed.

SaulGoodman
21-01-2014, 10:27 PM

He's one of our most promising youngsters, who says he's the 'messiah'?

spike220
22-01-2014, 07:10 AM
He's one of our most promising youngsters, who says he's the 'messiah'?

Is that you Rowan?

SaulGoodman
22-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Is that you Rowan?

Eh?

Mark79
22-01-2014, 07:54 AM

I agree with you here. He is very direct and runs at full backs which is something we havent had for a while, however still a very raw talent. We appear to be making him out to be some superstar (I even heard butcher referring to him as hibs own walcott). Apart from a good second half against falkirk he has not really been outstanding as such.

We need to see him perform well in the big games. Im not slating him at all but he is far from being a main player for us maybe a couple of years away.

I await the abuse.

147lothian
22-01-2014, 12:05 PM
A silly post goes up and it gets silly responses, Harris was the brightest prospect when he first appeared as a raw 18 year old, at that time I was worrited about his contract, with his performances, he is now just back from injury, never played an under 20 game etc. We get him on a three year deal, that's great news for the club, OK we have lost our last two games but don't be so negative, accept it for what it is, good news and the club moving in the right direction long term

RyeSloan
22-01-2014, 12:14 PM
I agree with you here. He is very direct and runs at full backs which is something we havent had for a while, however still a very raw talent. We appear to be making him out to be some superstar (I even heard butcher referring to him as hibs own walcott). Apart from a good second half against falkirk he has not really been outstanding as such. We need to see him perform well in the big games. Im not slating him at all but he is far from being a main player for us maybe a couple of years away. I await the abuse.

Cool so I wasn't the only one then :-)

No doubting he has talent....maybe I've just seen too many players burst onto the scene, supporters get a bit carried away and the player ends up not being quite what was hoped for.

Kevin McCann is a perfect example

Weststandwanab
22-01-2014, 12:20 PM
YAWN :faf:

I have known this lad for a while and can assure you when he leaves ER it will be through greater ambition than playing for the OF
He is an intteligent sensible young man and I personally believe " the world's his oyster " as far as football is concerned.
Glad he has TB looking after him and he is pleased that TB is here to further his careerI will be delighted if that is the case. I named Celtic but if he goes to a higher level great I will still enjoy Alex playing for hibs whilst he is here until 2016.

I fully expect your Mrs to go off with the milkman about the same time, you joy-killer. Enjoy her whilst you can.:na na: I do daily and expect to do so the rest of my life - the milkman should be so lucky.

Theres always one who can't just enjoy the good news without being pessimistic, cheer up man :agree: I am not pessimistic I am optimistic Alex will be here longer than I enjoyed Griffiths being here.

The only way that will happen is if he is a roaring success, in which case I will worry about it in 2016. I agree and think he will be a great success.

Dragged Hibs back into Falkirk semi single handed.He sure id what a day and performance that was.