PDA

View Full Version : Rangers skint but use 5 star hotel

J-C
21-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Not seen this posted anywhere.

Heard this on Sportsound last night, Rangers who are apparently skint and asking their players to take pay cut used the 5 star Carnoustie hotel prior to their game last night. The punters on the show where ripping them to shreads saying they still think they are billy big baws and pampering their players like they were still millionares and acting like they were still in the premiership instead of a 3rd tier club with huge money problems, just hate them with fervour.

The Sea-gull
21-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Not seen this posted anywhere.

Heard this on Sportsound last night, Rangers who are apparently skint and asking their players to take pay cut used the 5 star Carnoustie hotel prior to their game last night. The punters on the show where ripping them to shreads saying they still think they are billy big baws and pampering their players like they were still millionares and acting like they were still in the premiership instead of a 3rd tier club with huge money problems, just hate them with fervour.

Heard this too. They don't do 4 star stays!

The way they seem to be running themselves has been crazy since they became a new club and entered div 3.

At the heart of it all is arrogance and a need to save face. They still have a big club mentality and don't want to be seen to be skimping on anything as that would be seen as embarrassing.

Wait till they are back in the SPL and qualifying for Europe again. They'll not be able to resist over spending and will be back in admin and maybe even bust again before you know it.

Billychaotic182
21-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Madness

Ronniekirk
21-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Madness
Bedlam

Sylar
21-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Yet everybody will be against them/out to get them when the **** hits the fan for the second time :rolleyes:

TheBruce
21-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Hilarious ! Is that administration knocking on McCoists 5 star hotel room door !!!!

Niffy
21-01-2014, 10:43 AM
I had the displeasure of seeing a few of my Hun pals Facebook chatting last night. They were genuinely boasting about how good a manager Sally is... just look at his record this season... remarkable etc.

How thick are these erseholes ?

Put Mike Tyson in against a 5 year old kid , see how he fairs... fannies.

Pretty Boy
21-01-2014, 10:47 AM
They have learned absolutely nothing.

**** them.

Leithenhibby
21-01-2014, 10:53 AM

**** them.

:agree: **** them.

If, they make it back to the SPFL I'd like to think they would struggle with the players they have.

It's not as though they have truck loads of cash to shore it up.....

Ronniekirk
21-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Heard this too. They don't do 4 star stays!

The way they seem to be running themselves has been crazy since they became a new club and entered div 3.

At the heart of it all is arrogance and a need to save face. They still have a big club mentality and don't want to be seen to be skimping on anything as that would be seen as embarrassing.

Wait till they are back in the SPL and qualifying for Europe again. They'll not be able to resist over spending and will be back in admin and maybe even bust again before you know it.

We all know this and they won't accept it. So for me the real question is what checks and balances were put in place by new governing body to deal with situations like this and the answer is very little. Sporting Integrity and Financial Prudence and clubs living within their means were fudged as they knew this scenario would arise ,and they didn't want to take it on as they want them back in top flight as soon as they can .St mirren objected that financial rules weren't strong enough as did others but at the end of the day the old firm Monopoly is what is seen as the Cash Cow and it must be reinstated at all costs. That's why if and when admin 2 becomes the Sequal , you can bet they rules will be fudged. McCoist is right to build up a big lead and knew that was needed in case they did enter admin again.They will take there points deduction ,still go up and into the mix with hearts in what strangely will be an interesting league next year. The new new old Sevco or whatever they are renamed won't blink an eyelid ,they will hike up season ticket prices ,get new investment ,as crooks fall over themselves for a piece of the action and to siphon off money for themselves in process.

They still have their honours all intact as integrity didn't stretch that far.

They will raise more Capital from further share issue and try and buy their way back to where they feel they have belonged all along.

Then restored and fully paid there limited penance ! The Blue Phenix will rise once more from the Ashes to put clubs like us back in there place for being one of the protagonists that led to their downfall.
At no point will there be any humility or remorse. The only possible stumbling block will be how there finances are when they return to Utopia ,and can they buy back second place in the first season . They will believe they can,as season tickets go up andSponsors increase.

However what should of been built in as an integral part of new set up ,a set of workable financial regulations to underpin Sporting Integrity isn't there .

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Almost as stupid as a brand new club wearing 5 stars on their strip.

jonty
21-01-2014, 11:24 AM
4 star. But hardly the point.

Keep spending, sally, keep spending. :bye:

jacomo
21-01-2014, 11:47 AM
I had the displeasure of seeing a few of my Hun pals Facebook chatting last night. They were genuinely boasting about how good a manager Sally is... just look at his record this season... remarkable etc.

How thick are these erseholes ?

Put Mike Tyson in against a 5 year old kid , see how he fairs... fannies.

Salary McCoist is mugging these punters every single week. Now he's only taking eight grand a week from the club, mind, instead of the £16k a week he was fleecing them for. In terms of lining his own pockets, he's played it very well indeed.

Oh, and of course you can rely on McCoist to publicly back whoever is in charge (i.e. paying his money) at any given time, and then slag them off once they're gone and he needs to ingratiate himself with the new regime.

Vini1875
21-01-2014, 12:13 PM
I hope they do keep spending and end up in another mess and have to go through another embarressing cycle of admin or liquidation. The only problem is that others will end up paying the price as they bump whoever they can until they can get some champions league money.

SeanWilson
21-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Almost as stupid as a brand new club wearing 5 stars on their strip.

or 1872 under the collar as i noticed last night.... how is this allowed? :confused:

leithsansiro
21-01-2014, 12:37 PM
As much as this pains me, I think that I may actually dislike them more than Hearts. That said, I could see Hearts getting into very similar situations with their Big Club mentality.

leithsansiro
21-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Salary McCoist is mugging these punters every single week. Now he's only taking eight grand a week from the club, mind, instead of the £16k a week he was fleecing them for. In terms of lining his own pockets, he's played it very well indeed.

Oh, and of course you can rely on McCoist to publicly back whoever is in charge (i.e. paying his money) at any given time, and then slag them off once they're gone and he needs to ingratiate himself with the new regime.

McCoist is a genius. It's actually quite genuinely impressive that he can "agree" to halve his salary down to a measly £8000 per week (which, equates to about £230,000 a year AFTER tax) and the supporters of his club still love him. This would be the club that are bleeding money and are playing against teams whose entire running costs are significantly less than his yearly salary. And yet, despite this, he's heralded as some great manager due to his "fantastic winning record" (to quote a Rangers supporting pal of mine).

Eh? Genuinely, I don't get it.

FitbaFolkKen
21-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Thing is their player wages are only around 35% of turnover, they'll have to make cuts elsewhere. It seems strange it was the players asked to take a cut when there is clearly so much overspend in other areas.

IWasThere2016
21-01-2014, 01:01 PM

**** them.

:agree: **** them.

If, they make it back to the SPFL I'd like to think they would struggle with the players they have.

It's not as though they have truck loads of cash to shore it up.....

4 star. But hardly the point.

Keep spending, sally, keep spending. :bye:

In buckets! :agree:

Onion
21-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Hilarious ! Is that administration knocking on McCoists 5 star hotel room door !!!!

:agree: Paid for by the tax man and other small creditors, no doubt.

VivaHiberña
21-01-2014, 01:30 PM
I hope they do keep spending and end up in another mess and have to go through another embarressing cycle of admin or liquidation. The only problem is that others will end up paying the price as they bump whoever they can until they can get some champions league money.

Don't you just love Financial Fair Play? :wink:

London Hibs FC
21-01-2014, 01:50 PM
As much as I detest them and am happy to see them blow what little finances they have left I'd doubt that they'd have paid much more than £50 per twin room at that hotel, good chance that The Rangers settled a percentage of any invoice on barter too. They generally travel with their own Chef so food costs would be kept to a minimum as well.

J-C
21-01-2014, 01:55 PM
As much as I detest them and am happy to see them blow what little finances they have left I'd doubt that they'd have paid much more than £50 per twin room at that hotel, good chance that The Rangers settled a percentage of any invoice on barter too. They generally travel with their own Chef so food costs would be kept to a minimum as well.

£50 for a 5 star hotel, nah I don't think so :confused:

London Hibs FC
21-01-2014, 02:01 PM

It's a 4 Star 'leisure' Hotel for a Tuesday night in the low season of January, have a wee look on their website Buddy and see what rate comes up for next week based on two people sharing and come back to me :aok:

TrinityHibs
21-01-2014, 02:06 PM

Carnoustie Golf Hotel is a 4 star and you can pick up a room for £54/night. Having been inside recently it is a very tired looking 4 star that's well past its best. A bit like The Rangers.

LioNeilMessi
21-01-2014, 02:08 PM

Forfar is only a two hour drive from Glasgow and they're going their to play a 7.45pm fixture for a league that is all but wrapped up. The Rangers' players could have a full day training at their ground and still make it to the match no bother. For a third-tier club cutting costs, a night stay in a hostel dorm is still pretty needless.

Sylar
21-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Rangers manager Ally McCoist has defended the club's decision to book his squad into a four-star hotel before their win at Forfar.
The players stayed at the Carnoustie Hotel before Monday's League One game at Station Park.
"I can understand people questioning it," said the Rangers boss, whose club reported losses of £14.4m for the 13 months to July.
"But it's my job to give our players the best opportunity to perform."
"It's my job as Rangers manager to give our players the best opportunity we can to perform."

Chief executive Graham Wallace is aiming to reduce costs at the cash-strapped club and last week proposed a 15% wage cut for the playing staff, which they rejected.
McCoist, who recently accepted a 50% cut to his £825,000 salary with the League One leaders, backed his players' decision to reject the wage cut.
And he said the decision to stay at the hotel was simply a question of "preparing professionally".
"We are still Rangers Football Club and have always attempted to be as professional as we can," he said.
"That will never change as long as I'm manager.
"To give the players the opportunity to play as well as they can you have to prepare as well as you can. We will continue to do that until I'm told otherwise."

Unbelievable - it's hardly as if they're traversing the bloody country or the KO was unfeasibly early.

Most of the bloody Forfar players arrived at the stadium after doing a hard day's graft and ran them bloody close last night.

Preparing professionally? A 2-hour bus ride is hardly going to seize them up to the point where they're unable to play, particularly given the quality of most team coaches these days.

Keep up the good work Ally - just remember sporting integrity when the bills come in and haul you to your knees again :aok:

London Hibs FC
21-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Carnoustie Golf Hotel is a 4 star and you can pick up a room for £54/night. Having been inside recently it is a very tired looking 4 star that's well past its best. A bit like The Rangers.

Absolutely! If I were GM of that hotel I'd bite a client's hand off for 20 rooms for one night in January and throw in any meeting rooms they need for free ...... as I say, there's a good chance that The Rangers bartered in a few Hospitality Spaces for the GM and Sales Director to entertain their clients too. I've struck a good few deals like that in the past.

J-C
21-01-2014, 02:17 PM
They said it wasn't a nights stay, it was lunch, spa and rooms for the players to have a mid afternoon nap if needed.

Ronniekirk
21-01-2014, 02:22 PM
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]

Unbelievable - it's hardly as if they're traversing the bloody country or the KO was unfeasibly early.

Most of the bloody Forfar players arrived at the stadium after doing a hard day's graft and ran them bloody close last night.

Preparing professionally? A 2-hour bus ride is hardly going to seize them up to the point where they're unable to play, particularly given the quality of most team coaches these days.

Keep up the good work Ally - just remember sporting integrity when the bills come in and haul you to your knees again :aok:

Pretentious nonsense but let them get on with it Another example of how they need to keep the persona up of we are the big club

The_Todd
21-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Let them spend it I say, they can't afford it. If it keeps us on track for Rangers III (Liquidation II) then I'm all for it.

London Hibs FC
21-01-2014, 02:41 PM
They said it wasn't a nights stay, it was lunch, spa and rooms for the players to have a mid afternoon nap if needed.

You'd be surprised at how little teams pay in hotels JC. They'd have been given early check in and late check out to give them the maximum amount of time on property. Use of the spa (Not talking about 'treatments' such a massages etc. which would be charged as 'extras'. Not that the players would needs additional treatments as teams normally block off a meeting room for the physio) and fitness is included in any rate anyway so there is no additional costs there. Teams generally travel with their own chefs, and more often than not their own produce, so food costs for the clubs are minimal too...... I have charged clubs for use of kitchen facilities in the past to compensate, many a time in fact but I doubt The Rangers would have been invoiced in this case.

London Hibs FC
21-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Let them spend it I say, they can't afford it. If it keeps us on track for Rangers III (Liquidation II) then I'm all for it.

This! Although this wee jaunt won't send them over the edge anything that takes them closer to administration is welcome in anybody here's book!

Diclonius
21-01-2014, 03:30 PM
****ing disgusted that they were in my town last night. Ew.

Scouse Hibee
21-01-2014, 04:28 PM
You'd be surprised at how little teams pay in hotels JC. They'd have been given early check in and late check out to give them the maximum amount of time on property. Use of the spa (Not talking about 'treatments' such a massages etc. which would be charged as 'extras'. Not that the players would needs additional treatments as teams normally block off a meeting room for the physio) and fitness is included in any rate anyway so there is no additional costs there. Teams generally travel with their own chefs, and more often than not their own produce, so food costs for the clubs are minimal too...... I have charged clubs for use of kitchen facilities in the past to compensate, many a time in fact but I doubt The Rangers would have been invoiced in this case.

Rangers don't bring their own chefs or food and have always eaten food supplied by the hotel after submitting a very specific list of their dietry requirements.

MoscowHibs
21-01-2014, 04:39 PM
****ing disgusted that they were in my town last night. Ew.

Even more disgusted having tae listen tae their sectarian pish getting sung here before and after the match, haein a slash in doorways etc etc. I take my hat off tae a Forfar resident who caught one of them relieving himself in his back garden, gave him a skelp and he landed in his own piss. Bravo. sadly things havnae changed much wi these filthy, dirty, soap dodgin tw@s.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Even more disgusted having tae listen tae their sectarian pish getting sung here before and after the match, haein a slash in doorways etc etc. I take my hat off tae a Forfar resident who caught one of them relieving himself in his back garden, gave him a skelp and he landed in his own piss. Bravo. sadly things havnae changed much wi these filthy, dirty, soap dodgin tw@s.

:agree: New club, same fans.

Keith_M
21-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Bunch of Hypocrites on here.

Didn't Hibs stop off recently at a luxurious eaterie on the way to Dingwall recently before our Cup win?

:wink:

Eyrie
21-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Bunch of Hypocrites on here.

Didn't Hibs stop off recently at a luxurious eaterie on the way to Dingwall recently before our Cup win?

:wink:

Yes, but we always pay our bills.

Black Kyle
21-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Chick thinks it's disgusting they stay at a McDonald Hotel on a Friday night before games at Greyskull. Have to agree.

stormchild
21-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Guy on the radio Clyde phone in was adamant that Barry ferguson was gonna be fat Sally's assistant at Blackpool. Wouldn't give his source but said he had a mole in ibrox. Said he would be there by the weekend and that Mcoist was sick of the goings on at ibrox and was looking older every day with the pressure. The guy was pretty much dismissed and they changed the subject after that call.

portycabbage
21-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Rangers don't bring their own chefs or food and have always eaten food supplied by the hotel after submitting a very specific list of their dietry requirements.

Deep fried mince pie
bottle ay ginger
Buckfast

Iggy Pope
21-01-2014, 09:58 PM
This! Although this wee jaunt won't send them over the edge anything that takes them closer to administration is welcome in anybody here's book!

Care to tell us what you think this wee two hour jaunt cost them all in?
Using your own experience of how it works mind, all that meeting room business and spa and suchlike. Players, back room staff etc, laundry bills. 25-30 heads?
Dying to know.

Cropley10
21-01-2014, 10:14 PM
McCoist has said it would be 'disrespectful' to the opposition if they DIDN'T stay the night, or in this case afternoon in a hotel. Pretentious nonsense, especially in a country the size of Scotland.

Iggy Pope
21-01-2014, 10:19 PM
McCoist has said it would be 'disrespectful' to the opposition if they DIDN'T stay the night, or in this case afternoon in a hotel. Pretentious nonsense, especially in a country the size of Scotland.

He could be right. Certain that far flung teams such as Annan and Peterhead have disrespected their league opponents in such fashion.

Fat Hun ****.

London Hibs FC
22-01-2014, 02:47 AM
Care to tell us what you think this wee two hour jaunt cost them all in?
Using your own experience of how it works mind, all that meeting room business and spa and suchlike. Players, back room staff etc, laundry bills. 25-30 heads?
Dying to know.

Here goes and cutting to the chase, I'd be surprised if that particular hotel would have invoiced more than 3.5k for the players, coaches, physios etc. Keep in mind the draw was made only a few weeks back and the hotel wouldn't have budgeted or forecasted such a nice wee piece of last minute business. The Hotel Sales Director would be all over that and the hotel would make an ok margin even at a low rate..... easily.
However, what any Senior Execs from the Club also staying at the hotel will put through their expense accounts (bar and fine dining restaurant spend, as well as golf and spa if the wife has joined) is often separate from the main invoice. Not that I'd accuse the current board of The Rangers in presenting over inflated expense claims :wink:

That's about it in a nutshell HH.

J-C
22-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Here goes and cutting to the chase, I'd be surprised if that particular hotel would have invoiced more than 3.5k for the players, coaches, physios etc. Keep in mind the draw was made only a few weeks back and the hotel wouldn't have budgeted or forecasted such a nice wee piece of last minute business. The Hotel Sales Director would be all over that and the hotel would make an ok margin even at a low rate..... easily.
However, what any Senior Execs from the Club also staying at the hotel will put through their expense accounts (bar and fine dining restaurant spend, as well as golf and spa if the wife has joined) is often separate from the main invoice. Not that I'd accuse the current board of The Rangers in presenting over inflated expense claims :wink:

That's about it in a nutshell HH.

So you think spending £3.5k on a 4 star hotel for a night time game which is 2 hrs drive away from Ibrox not too much to spend, considering they're asking for players to take cuts and are struggling money wise, this to me is still staggering and shows they have learnt nothing, hopefully they go down the pan again and disappear.

London Hibs FC
22-01-2014, 01:25 PM
So you think spending £3.5k on a 4 star hotel for a night time game which is 2 hrs drive away from Ibrox not too much to spend, considering they're asking for players to take cuts and are struggling money wise, this to me is still staggering and shows they have learnt nothing, hopefully they go down the pan again and disappear.

i never said that I think that it's not too much to spend jc1, you're putting words into my mouth. I merely indicated that the overall costs for that hotel wouldn't be as much as some would think and was happy to take the time to roughly calculate what the final invoice would be.
Listen, I dislike The Rangers as much as the next Hibs supporter and, as I have said, I'm delighted to, like yourself, see them do anything that will push them closer to the edge.

J-C
22-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Kk sorry if I misunderstood your post, thought you were saying it wasn't much to spend.

Hibernia Na Eir
23-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Let them fall and be buried this time.

Boyle89
23-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Let them fall and be buried this time.

How do you kill that which is already dead ;)

cocopops1875
23-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Yet everybody will be against them/out to get them when the **** hits the fan for the second time :rolleyes:

I'm sure you will be ok with it when you are taking hospitality at Ibrox with the outlaws though 😃

The Hibee Harp
23-01-2014, 10:42 AM
The problem is that Rangers are a massive club in European football - as are Celtic - however they dont have the finances to keep up with similar sized clubs in more affluent leagues. Instead of accepting these clubs are getting further and further ahead Rangers have continued to believe they are still on a level playing field and refused to cut costs accordingly. Anyone who has been inside any of the suites on match days at Ibrox or the press room will know just how over staffed these areas are. There are people litterally paid to open bottle lids and nothing else or to simply put programmes out on desks.

Rangers want to be seen as an elite club and this is the reason they threw money a SPL players for League 3, the reason they pamper their players with lavish hotel and spa visits. The people in power believe they cannot be seen to be less than successful. The problem is they don't have the money to sustain it anymore and are only headed in one direction.

Rangers are haemorrhaging money just now and whilst they are in the lower leagues Celtic are collecting all the Champions' League money. Given Rangers financial woes and the likely pressure to match Celtic in a couple of years from the support, there needs to be drastic cost cutting now and their pride will need to take a knock.