PDA

View Full Version : Question What's Butcher/Marsella's transfer track record like?

TheFamous1875
20-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Thought that it'd be interesting to look at their past successes and failures, in order to gauge what we can maybe expect this month, and in the summer.

The immediate successes that spring to mind are McKay, Rooney, Hayes, Doran, the Shinnies, Foran.. There's more I'm sure, but it'd be interesting to look back on their transfer dealings, in and out, season by season to have an idea of what we should expect or not, and how they assembled squads over a duration of time.

Things to take into consideration for the future are Butcher's standing as an England icon with a successful track record as a manager, Marsella's reputation as a dedicated scout, the fact that Hibs is by far the biggest club they've managed, and the pull that will be in itself, the monetary advantage that they've never had at any other club they've managed that comes with being at Hibs, the fact that Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and the state of the art Stadium and training facilities that are rarely found at any level in the UK (sans EPL/Championship).

There are positives they had never had before, so judging by the success they've had so far, it could be taken to the next level for us.

hfc rd
20-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Thought that it'd be interesting to look at their past successes and failures, in order to gauge what we can maybe expect this month, and in the summer.

The immediate successes that spring to mind are McKay, Rooney, Hayes, Doran, the Shinnies, Foran.. There's more I'm sure, but it'd be interesting to look back on their transfer dealings, in and out, season by season to have an idea of what we should expect or not, and how they assembled squads over a duration of time.

Things to take into consideration for the future are Butcher's standing as an England icon with a successful track record as a manager, Marsella's reputation as a dedicated scout, the fact that Hibs is by far the biggest club they've managed, and the pull that will be in itself, the monetary advantage that they've never had at any other club they've managed that comes with being at Hibs, the fact that Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and the state of the art Stadium and training facilities that are rarely found at any level in the UK (sans EPL/Championship).

There are positives they had never had before, so judging by the success they've had so far, it could be taken to the next level for us.

Their transfer track record at ICT was brilliant! The guy Phillip Roberts they signed from Arsenal is the only player I can really think of which was a very poor signing that they made at ICT.

down-the-slope
20-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Take McKay.....not very great first year...

So yes they assembled really good teams and polished a few rough gems.....BUT will your average His fans have the patience for such 'polishing'

Track record from support is not good

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-01-2014, 01:34 PM

Roberts and Gnakpa are the only bad signings i can think of.

Andy74
20-01-2014, 01:35 PM

So yes they assembled really good teams and polished a few rough gems.....BUT will your average His fans have the patience for such 'polishing'

Yep it's a pretty different environment. They might also be feeling that they can look at players a level above in terms of salaries. That can bring a different range of issues to manage.

Good luck to them!

jacomo
20-01-2014, 02:47 PM

I've got high hopes that Collins 'does a McKay' himself and turns into 20 a season man.

heretoday
20-01-2014, 03:10 PM
I hope superscout Marsella can come up with a little something before the end of January.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Their track record at Hibs is they don't have one.
Just like shares past performance isn't always an indicator of future and things may go up or down...

No excuses tho'.

tamig
20-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Their transfer track record at ICT was brilliant! The guy Phillip Roberts they signed from Arsenal is the only player I can really think of which was a very poor signing that they made at ICT.

And I believe Roberts is now doing the business at Falkirk - even if he didn't really make it at ICT.

down-the-slope
20-01-2014, 04:50 PM
I've got high hopes that Collins 'does a McKay' himself and turns into 20 a season man.

:agree: likewise...if we can managed a bit of patience he will be a gem

Tinribs
20-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Also, as someone on another thread mentioned, they are now perceived to be 'cash rich' compared to how they were before.

So it may prove harder to get the sort of guys they got for beer and buttons before, when Chairmen see who they now represent.

KuqiKuqiCoo
20-01-2014, 07:46 PM
And I believe Roberts is now doing the business at Falkirk - even if he didn't really make it at ICT.

I'd like to know where you've got this info from?? Because from what I've heard is that he gets slated from pretty much every bairn..he swore to the fans at one point

tamig
20-01-2014, 09:57 PM
I'd like to know where you've got this info from?? Because from what I've heard is that he gets slated from pretty much every bairn..he swore to the fans at one point

Well hes scored a few for them and i read an article about him just before Christmas saying he'd been doing well there. Has he got pish since then maybe? The boy's still only 19.