PDA

View Full Version : It Really Doesn't Matter But...The Hibs Dugouts

Speedway
20-01-2014, 09:03 AM

Why oh why oh why does every club in the league have these nice branded comfy faux-leather dugout seats (even Partick have them) and we still have some plastic cast offs mounted onto balsa wood looking like they're waiting for the covers to arrive?

It's not a disgrace but in the interests of .net melodrama.....IT'S A DISGRACE!!!!! :grr::grr::grr::grr::brickwall:brickwall:brickwall :brickwall

Seriously, why plastic seats with no covers?

Viva_Palmeiras
20-01-2014, 09:07 AM
We wouldn't want folks getting too comfy now would we?

Edit: Partick probably have a bit of loose change courtesy of that Lotto winner (Going to yoof but will mean dosh can be redirected elsewhere)

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-01-2014, 09:11 AM
Potential to cause as much emotional upset as teams changing ends before kick off.

Speedway
20-01-2014, 09:14 AM
We wouldn't want folks getting too comfy now would we?

Edit: Partick probably have a bit of loose change courtesy of that Lotto winner (Going to yoof but will mean dosh can be redirected elsewhere)

The Buddies are at it too 11814

Viva_Palmeiras
20-01-2014, 09:18 AM
The Buddies are at it too 11814

Glasgow Airport missing some exec seats ;) ?

Got the makings of a full blown scandal though... the leather has been diverted elsewhere - did anyone know there's a cellar/dungeon under the East!? And punters thought they'd taken enough punishment every other Saturday...

hibs0666
20-01-2014, 09:38 AM

Why oh why oh why does every club in the league have these nice branded comfy faux-leather dugout seats (even Partick have them) and we still have some plastic cast offs mounted onto balsa wood looking like they're waiting for the covers to arrive?

It's not a disgrace but in the interests of .net melodrama.....IT'S A DISGRACE!!!!! :grr::grr::grr::grr::brickwall:brickwall:brickwall :brickwall

Faux leather seat covers need to be earned not just given out nilly nilly.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

G-Reg
20-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Lidl have some very reasonably priced seat covers in at the moment if someone wants to escalate it up to Rod

NAE NOOKIE
20-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Thanks for bringing this outrage to light Speedway.

Thats near enough the final straw for me. I can put up with sub standard players and tactics .... but sub standard seats in the dugout :fuming:
It looks like the Yams were right all along .... wee team ... wee seats.

I never thought I would be ashamed to be a Hibby ........... Thanks Petrie !!!! :grr:

Spike Mandela
20-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Crappy flat roofs on the dugouts as well All the rain just gathers in puddles. They look like a home made job, cheap recycled ****. petrie!!!!:grr::grr::grr:

AltheHibby
20-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Dont see the problem - the repair bills will be smaller when Terry loses it!

andy1875
20-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Crappy flat roofs on the dugouts as well All the rain just gathers in puddles. They look like a home made job, cheap recycled ****. petrie!!!!:grr::grr::grr:

I noticed this at a home game recently, think it was the St Johnstone game. A ball went flying towards the dugouts, smacked the roof and huge puddle which then soaked the folk behind it. Very immature but i was pissin myself :na na:

Tinribs
20-01-2014, 08:41 PM
As well as some Rhino hide leather reclining seats in the dugout, i feel we should have those exercise bikes that you see in Rugby, good enough for the egg chasers so why not Hibs? :greengrin

JohnStephens91
20-01-2014, 09:06 PM
I see the shan efforts from Dundee United weren't cited as being better. They are just a couple of strips of wood on wheels.

Andy74
20-01-2014, 09:10 PM

I thought we did ? Did we change to sub standard efforts? I can't see that far from my seat !

lord bunberry
20-01-2014, 09:30 PM
I thought we did ? Did we change to sub standard efforts? I can't see that far from my seat !

The plot thickens

Andy74
20-01-2014, 09:36 PM
The plot thickens

Seen a picture now. No padding or covers. Cheap option. Panic installation.

jacomo
20-01-2014, 10:13 PM
The full on sports seats for cars that are used throughout the EPL and increasingly elsewhere annoy me. Why have them? Why do you need bolstered seats to hold you in place? The dug out doesn't move.

Are they heated?

tamig
20-01-2014, 10:23 PM
The full on sports seats for cars that are used throughout the EPL and increasingly elsewhere annoy me. Why have them? Why do you need bolstered seats to hold you in place? The dug out doesn't move.

Are they heated?
I think ours are air conditioned actually as there appear to be rather tastefully shaped holes carved into the design.

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Bring back wooden benches I say. Too soft these days.

Maybe we only had 6 subs on Sat as nobody wants to sit on our cheap plastic seats?

Jonnyboy
20-01-2014, 10:37 PM
I heard they were brought in by Fenlon.

Well, he gets the blame for everything else :greengrin

Peevemor
20-01-2014, 10:48 PM
I think ours are air conditioned actually as there appear to be rather tastefully shaped holes carved into the design.

I'd suggest that a change of club barber is more urgent than worrying about the seats.

Northernhibee
20-01-2014, 10:58 PM

I think it's clear from TB's expression is that some members of the squad have been using those tastefully shaped holes to avoid the need to head to the toilet.

monktonharp
20-01-2014, 11:01 PM
I think the OP's gripe is correct. whether it's tongue in cheek, I don't care. the fact is, we as a club should be portraying a better image to all. half our games are on television, and the cameras always pan to the dugout area at least once in a full game. the current set up, is soooo championship division, and so last year. get with the programme Hibs, and get me a wee tubular electric heater under my seat while your at it. strip out the old dugouts, and gie them to nitten star or mussie athletic.

jacomo
20-01-2014, 11:09 PM

Ah. Good thinking given the hot and humid Scottish climate.

hibee_nation
21-01-2014, 12:50 AM
It is another daft requirement by uefa, we had to get them in for the malmo game. I agree with the OP though, if we have to have them get good ones for us and leave the cheapo ones for the away team.

VivaHiberņa
21-01-2014, 01:44 AM
I'd suggest that a change of club barber is more urgent than worrying about the seats.

:agree: I noticed this the other day. Forster and Cairney both sporting some pretty scruffy looking beards and Butcher could also do with a shave. If this isn't nipped in the bud the problem will continue to spread through the squad. I call it "the Vine effect" but who brought in Vine? Fenlon. And who brought in Fenlon? PETRIE!! :grr::grr:

Get it ****ing sorted!

DAVE1875
21-01-2014, 06:03 AM

Yes... every club...

http://dc626.4shared.com/img/LkaVydGl/s7/13af3ae4b68/Dugout_01.JPG

Not sure bout the little w*** shack behind the bench though

Greendreamer
21-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Yes... every club...

...get pulled off at half time ?.......

Speedway
22-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Yes... every club...

That because they're spending all their money on players.

CyberSauzee
22-01-2014, 03:52 PM
I think the OP's gripe is correct. whether it's tongue in cheek, I don't care. the fact is, we as a club should be portraying a better image to all. half our games are on television, and the cameras always pan to the dugout area at least once in a full game. the current set up, is soooo championship division, and so last year. get with the programme Hibs, and get me a wee tubular electric heater under my seat while your at it. strip out the old dugouts, and gie them to nitten star or mussie athletic.

Talking of heated seats, I remember on a tour of the Emirates 3-4 years I was told that the Arsenal 'bench' have heated seats, but Wenger doesn't like the players using them. They were broken anyway and there were no plans to fix them.

In Yamonomics that means that because they have no money to fix the seats they must be going into administration.

jacomo
22-01-2014, 04:00 PM
It is another daft requirement by uefa, we had to get them in for the malmo game. I agree with the OP though, if we have to have them get good ones for us and leave the cheapo ones for the away team.

Really? What nonsense.

Hibernia Na Eir
22-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Yes... every club...

often wondered what was going on in that cave behind the dug out! very sinister looking!