PDA

View Full Version : Highlights

Gus Fring
19-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Here they are (http://uk.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=yx%2BhnYCyg4s24iThgBXg7eD%2BgixM %2BhdmOP7qE3TZgUPCh25aoJPqfgBKN%2BUVo8nh9hWYyKLxcl UGgbzGpfvbLB3QRkpwvFbC%2Bo0wHCuWifpgMwc%2FrOO4cgzH NCFVoIVSo9OKZhjkKsOH36VYl0s6PiGN%2BEdInlLoY1tyPbMw Gq9YWrrsk0DDp9b2ZvC%2Fr7Obn3g5%2B3pJ3Trx1o%2BvroI% 2FRg%3D%3D&bit=1) (Uses a proxy because they aren't available in Scotland yet)

The penalty claim is stonewall IMO. He blatantly knocks the ball forward with his hand.

lucky
19-01-2014, 03:54 PM
FFS the handball is so clear it's ridiculous that the ref never gave. He actually plays the ball twice with hand.

hibbytam
19-01-2014, 03:56 PM
As I already knew, stonewall penalty.

And some terrible defending.

grunt
19-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Clear penalty, actively used his hand to control the ball, Collum had a clear line of sight to the incident.

wookie70
19-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Stonewaller. Never realised how lucky they were for their first goal either. Lewis must take a good share of the blame for the second and third goals but the marking for the boy on the edge of the box was laughable as we had plenty men back and you can't let your man get across you for header once the winger hits the bye line. Highlights made us look better than we were.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2014, 04:11 PM
We must have some of the worst referees in the world.

That is as clear a handball as you're likely to see. Stonewaller.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Also I said on the match thread and I'll say it again, how lazy is the midfield play for their 2nd?

Harris and Robertson are strolling back whilst the number 7 for them bursts a gut to get there and lays it off to the eventual scorer.

SaulGoodman
19-01-2014, 04:22 PM
How many stonewall penalties have we been denied so far this season?

Hermit Crab
19-01-2014, 04:22 PM

One.

Gus Fring
19-01-2014, 04:24 PM

There's been a couple of ones that could have gone either way depending on interpretation but this is the first that's undeniable.

Hermit Crab
19-01-2014, 04:27 PM
There's been a couple of ones that could have gone either way depending on interpretation but this is the first that's undeniable.

Agree. St j at home wasn't a stonewaller and neither was Aberdeen away.

fat freddy
19-01-2014, 04:45 PM
i was in the FF upper so didn't have the best view of the handball incident...the term stonewaller doesn't even begin to cover it...baffling decision by the ref

Hibbyradge
19-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Nelson's handball against Aberdeen was a stonewaller too.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Agree. St j at home wasn't a stonewaller and neither was Aberdeen away.

Disagree about the St Johnstone one. Highlights on TV didn't do it justice, I was sitting right behind that and it was as clear a penalty as I've seen that hasn't been given. Linesman had a clear view and I'm still baffled as to how he didn't give it.

The_Horde
19-01-2014, 04:56 PM

I agree but at least that didn't change the outcome of the game.

The Harp Awakes
19-01-2014, 04:59 PM
We must have some of the worst referees in the world.

That is as clear a handball as you're likely to see. Stonewaller.

The refs got a clear view of the incident and he is at the edge of the box. The only assumption you can make is that he is cheating.

EskbankHibee
19-01-2014, 05:08 PM
The standard of refereeing in Scotland is appalling. Every week there is a major refereeing effort. These are the guys that then claim they are not paid enough and go on strike!

Referee had a clear view of handball yesterday but his incompetency has cost us a point.

It's not just hibs though. I see St Johnstone were awarded a penalty for a foul outside the box. Why can't referees spot this?

Bishop Hibee
19-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Stonewall penalty as others have said. Collum didn't want to know.

NAE NOOKIE
19-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Clear handball which took it away from the Hibs player's challenge ..... wonder what the ref thought it was?

Hibbyradge
19-01-2014, 05:39 PM
The refs got a clear view of the incident and he is at the edge of the box. The only assumption you can make is that he is cheating.

lol

ekhibee
19-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Disagree about the St Johnstone one. Highlights on TV didn't do it justice, I was sitting right behind that and it was as clear a penalty as I've seen that hasn't been given. Linesman had a clear view and I'm still baffled as to how he didn't give it.
Was that the one on Cairney? If it was I totally agree with you, absolute stonewaller.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Disgraceful decision not to give us a penalty, absolute stonewaller.

**** off Collum!

Callum_62
19-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Crazy that wasnt give....you wont see a clearer handball....just look at the way the ball moves, so blatent

Couldve snatched a point with that too

JimBHibees
19-01-2014, 07:11 PM

Agree and Collum had a problem with us v Killie also. Maybe been talking to his yam mate Thomson. Awful ref.

I could see from FF upper it was a blatant pen.

Jonnyboy
19-01-2014, 08:29 PM
I'm quite good at lip reading and am positive that when Harris etc claimed the pen, Collum said "I didn't see it"

Make of that what you will

Callum_62
19-01-2014, 08:41 PM
I'm quite good at lip reading and am positive that when Harris etc claimed the pen, Collum said "I didn't see it"

Make of that what you will

He did give an odd shurg of the shoulders too - so would tie in

ekhibee
19-01-2014, 08:47 PM
While we're on the subject of **** refs, who was the one that dissallowed Griffith's goal against the yams last season?

Gus Fring
19-01-2014, 08:51 PM
While we're on the subject of **** refs, who was the one that dissallowed Griffith's goal against the yams last season?

Euan Norris was the ref. The assistant was Raymond White (Stick)

Hermit Crab
19-01-2014, 08:52 PM

It wasn't disallowed by the ref. it wasn't given by the linesman.

ekhibee
19-01-2014, 08:58 PM
It wasn't disallowed by the ref. it wasn't given by the linesman.
In the commentary they said that the linesman AND the ref hadn't given it, that's why I was asking.

Gus Fring
19-01-2014, 09:03 PM
In the commentary they said that the linesman AND the ref hadn't given it, that's why I was asking.

As I mentioned in another thread, the referee is the only person who makes decisions. The assistants are only there to assist.

PISTOL1875
19-01-2014, 09:57 PM
As I mentioned in another thread, the referee is the only person who makes decisions. The assistants are only there to assist.

Beofre we all jump on the bandwagon and start slating the ref for the failure to give a penalty at the end we have to take stock and look at ourselves first. The goals we lost were sloppy .especially the second one.. Where was the marking when the ball was cut back from the bye line ???

Gus Fring
19-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Beofre we all jump on the bandwagon and start slating the ref for the failure to give a penalty at the end we have to take stock and look at ourselves first. The goals we lost were sloppy .especially the second one.. Where was the marking when the ball was cut back from the bye line ???

My comment was in reference to the Griffiths goal.

We were rubbish yesterday, yes, but as I've also said earlier in this thread, it's difficult to get back in to the game when the other team is cheating and getting away with it. The 2 things can both be true. Hibs were crap yesterday and so was the ref.

Tyler Durden
19-01-2014, 10:19 PM

Not sure if you're being sarcastic here? Obviously in the Griffiths example, it was the linesman's responsibility to make the decision to signal for a goal.

Re yesterday, Collum clearly motioned that he hadn't seen it. The usual media apologists like Kenny Clark would defend him by saying "the referee/linesman can't give it unless they are 100% sure" (as they said about the Griffiths incident). This does my head in personally as it's the ref's job to be in a position to see the play and any incident!

They are just incompetent though, not biased.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Anyone gonna watch Sportscene?

Gus Fring
19-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Not sure if you're being sarcastic here? Obviously in the Griffiths example, it was the linesman's responsibility to make the decision to signal for a goal.

Re yesterday, Collum clearly motioned that he hadn't seen it. The usual media apologists like Kenny Clark would defend him by saying "the referee/linesman can't give it unless they are 100% sure" (as they said about the Griffiths incident). This does my head in personally as it's the ref's job to be in a position to see the play and any incident!

They are just incompetent though, not biased.

I'm not being sarcastic. The linesman didn't flag for Griffiths goal but that doesn't mean the referee couldn't give the goal. The final decision is always with the ref. He can overrule any decision made by his assistants.

basehibby
19-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Absolute stone wall penalty and yet another utterly perplexing decision at Easter Road !

You really have to wonder how on earth Collum could have failed to notice that - was he walking about with his eyes shut?!?

Tyler Durden
19-01-2014, 10:33 PM
I'm not being sarcastic. The linesman didn't flag for Griffiths goal but that doesn't mean the referee couldn't give the goal. The final decision is always with the ref. He can overrule any decision made by his assistants.

Of course, I think everyone is well aware of that.

The problem IMO is that the linesman often decide not to assist. They don't take responsibility and fulfil their role. Particularly with goal line decisions and offsides, it would be very rare for a referee to overrule their assistant.

Not to dwell on the Griffiths incident but I don't think anyone believes the linesman thought it was not over. He was grossly incompetent (at best) and took the easy option to do nothing.

Gus Fring
19-01-2014, 10:37 PM

The problem IMO is that the linesman often decide not to assist. They don't take responsibility and fulfil their role. Particularly with goal line decisions and offsides, it would be very rare for a referee to overrule their assistant.

Not to dwell on the Griffiths incident but I don't think anyone believes the linesman thought it was not over. He was grossly incompetent (at best) and took the easy option to do nothing.

I think everyone in that half of the stadium could see it was over. It's just another concrete example of referees in Scotland being atrocious at their jobs.

Jonnyboy
19-01-2014, 10:40 PM

I know of at least one former Grade One ref who told his lino's just to flag for throw in's and offside's and nothing more!

Collum got Saturday's badly wrong but as you say, it's incompetence and not cheating

Tyler Durden
19-01-2014, 10:42 PM
I think everyone in that half of the stadium could see it was over. It's just another concrete example of referees in Scotland being atrocious at their jobs.

Agreed and just said the same on the Saints/Hearts thread. Really poor but perhaps it's not highlighted so much with the league a one horse race. Can only imagine the outcry if the OF teams had some of these decisions!

Geo_1875
19-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Just watched the "highlights" and can't believe they showed the goals, a couple of close things and the penalty that never was. None of the controversy that has been mentioned on various threads. They're just not interested unless the Glasgow teams are involved.

frazeHFC
19-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Wasn't sure what to make of the penalty shout when at the game, but having seen it on the highlights it's a stone waller!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Stonewall penalty.

Boyle89
20-01-2014, 12:16 AM
**** me. How do you miss a handball that clear?! He's what 10 yards away and has a clear view.

ahibby
20-01-2014, 09:52 AM
**** me. How do you miss a handball that clear?! He's what 10 yards away and has a clear view.

The referee had a clear view of it, no one was in his way and the lad played it twice with his arm so no split second occurrence. You can only conclude that the referee cheated Hibs at ER and not for the first time. Jeez even Alan Preston said it was a stonewall penalty. The SFA need to look in to this kind of thing and take action against referees when their excuses just don't add up because he had to see that, there was no one in his way.

matty_f
20-01-2014, 10:07 AM

An incident that happened after we should have had a penalty for Heffernan being brought down...

Ronniekirk
20-01-2014, 10:35 AM
I know of at least one former Grade One ref who told his lino's just to flag for throw in's and offside's and nothing more!

Collum got Saturday's badly wrong but as you say, it's incompetence and not cheating
On sports scene they froze the still at point player juggled ball . The ref was in line and looking directly at it from a reasonable distance . So there has to be grades of incompetence ( Maybe a wee book title for you 50 shades of incompetence ) this one surely has to be at top end unless he has a squint .which leaves daydreaming . When players claim and fans as loudly as they did how come they all saw it and we aren't paid to concentrate in fact there were several spells in the game when I was day dreaming as it was more entertaining .

Ronniekirk
20-01-2014, 10:44 AM
The referee had a clear view of it, no one was in his way and the lad played it twice with his arm so no split second occurrence. You can only conclude that the referee cheated Hibs at ER and not for the first time. Jeez even Alan Preston said it was a stonewall penalty. The SFA need to look in to this kind of thing and take action against referees when their excuses just don't add up because he had to see that, there was no one in his way.

Spot on except the ball wasn't put on the spot coz that clown was either daydreaming ,or so incompetent that something should be done .Who can we write to about this ?. Am fed up taking these decisions on the chin ,surely if players can get banned retrospectively on video evidence ,there should be some system for refs to get hauled up as well . Preston pro Hibs doesn't happen often.

Ronniekirk
20-01-2014, 10:51 AM
An incident that happened after we should have had a penalty for Heffernan being brought down...
You. Ant go down that route Heff s was a more difficult one to call . However the ref did see Nelson s arm hit the ball bit adjudged it wasn't deliberate and he was trying to get arm out the way . Tend to think he was wrong but if they were allowed to give explanations after game it clears it up partially as even if ref had come out after our game on Saturday saying I didn't see it the ref panel should then sit him down and watch the still where he was lookin right at it and ask the difficult question
How the f--- no.and take some acTION AS THEY ARE PAID TO PERFORM COMPETENTLY .

PISTOL1875
22-01-2014, 06:15 PM
My comment was in reference to the Griffiths goal.

We were rubbish yesterday, yes, but as I've also said earlier in this thread, it's difficult to get back in to the game when the other team is cheating and getting away with it. The 2 things can both be true. Hibs were crap yesterday and so was the ref.

Stop bleating about Griffith's disallowed goal, we should've got it but we didn't.. Bleating about it isn't going change anything so build a bridge and get over it. HIbs were crap as was the ref but once again , It wasn't the refs fault that we can't defend properly.. Stop burying in your head in the sand and look at the bigger picture..

Bad Habits
22-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Ridiculous decision by the ref for the penalty, has more than likely cost us a point

Gus Fring
22-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Stop bleating about Griffith's disallowed goal, we should've got it but we didn't.. Bleating about it isn't going change anything so build a bridge and get over it. HIbs were crap as was the ref but once again , It wasn't the refs fault that we can't defend properly.. Stop burying in your head in the sand and look at the bigger picture..

I think you might be overstating my position slightly. I was responding to an example given much earlier. Like I said further up the thread. Horrible defending and horrible refereeing are 2 different things, both can and should be discussed

marinello59
22-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Ridiculous decision by the ref for the penalty, has more than likely cost us a point

Nope. That was the ridiculous defending.

Callum_62
22-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Makes not a jot of difference if Hibs were the poorest they have been in there history

Stone wall penalty - probably would have stole us a draw after a decent fight back

We can be poor and not get the decisions we deserve

The guy juggled the ball twice on his arm - how that was missed is beyond me

Did we deserve a point on the balance of play - probably not.

Should we had the chance to steal a point with a last minute penalty - absolutely.