PDA

View Full Version : Team for next game?

Amit
19-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Seeing as TB identified a few boys who are clearly not good enough. I think we could see a number of changes for the next game.

Personally, I would like to see the following although I realise suspensions, injuries and out of favour players will mean the line up below will definitely not feature vs Celtic.

4-4-1-1

GK Williams
RB Forster
CB Nelson
CB Hanlon
LB McGivern
RM Harris
CM Thomson
CM Robertson
LM Stevenson (or Stanton)
SS Craig
FW Collins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unseen work
19-01-2014, 12:54 PM
I think it will be

Williams
Maybury
Forster
Nelson
Stevenson

Stanton
Craig
Robertson
Harris

Cummings
Collins

Unless he can bring in one or two players I think this is the team we will see

Amit
19-01-2014, 12:56 PM
I think it will be

Williams
Maybury
Forster
Nelson
Stevenson

Stanton
Craig
Robertson
Harris

Cummings
Collins

Agreed. Most likely starting line up.

Heisenberg
19-01-2014, 12:56 PM
I hope we sign a couple of players because the defence that played yesterday will get torn apart by Celtc.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Cairney needs dropped out imo. Too inconsistent and appears uninterested at times.

Also wouldn't be against one of Robertson or Craig dropping out and bringing Tudor Jones in.

Amit
19-01-2014, 12:59 PM
I hope we sign a couple of players because the defence that played yesterday will get torn apart by Celtc.

Missed Hanlon big time and with Maybury at RB their full back and wide midfielder were not pushed back enough as maybs can't make those runs up and down the park constantly. No pressure on them whatsoever.

Unseen work
19-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Always found it funny how Tudor jones was such a big part of his caley team but has not featured a lot for us??

Think we might see him more as we get more offensive players on the field so he can sit and cover the back 4. Don't think he ever played a 442 at caley??

Wotherspiniesta
19-01-2014, 01:43 PM
..................Williams........................ ...

Maybury...Forster....Nelson......Stevenson

.................OTJ...Craig....................

Stanton..........Zoubir.....................Harris

....................Collins....................... .....

Leighonel
19-01-2014, 02:12 PM
From the players which are available for selection:

Williams
Maybury Forster Nelson Stevenson
OTJ Craig
Handling Stanton Harris
Collins

Might change my mind if signings are made or the Thomson situation changes.

NorthNorfolkHFC
19-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Unless signings are made.

Williams

Cairney Craig Stanton Harris

Cummings
Collins

PeterboroHibee
19-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Williams
Cairney Stanton OTJ Craig Harris
Collins

Hopefully we see a couple of signings in the next couple of days that can shake things up though.

yekimevol
19-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Terry talks about a lack of attacking options, then use the midfield. We have lots if midfielders so use them, stop playing 4-4-1-1 and switch to 4-2-3-1.

Collins
Harris Craig Cairney
Thomson Stanton
Stevenson Forster Nelson Donaldson
Williams.

With Craig, Harris and Cairney having less defensive responsibility due to the two holding midfielders maybe Collins can get some decent service.

truehibernian
19-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Cairney needs dropped out imo. Too inconsistent and appears uninterested at times.

Also wouldn't be against one of Robertson or Craig dropping out and bringing Tudor Jones in.

He's come in, had a wee run of games, and done nothing for me - I'm sorry but he is one I'd show the door to. Better wingers/creative players are out there - he may have had flu but even before that he has been as you say, very inconsistent. Always appears to want to come inside - when are we going to get wingers that have the pace and confidence to take on a man wide and get past them ?

LioNeilMessi
19-01-2014, 03:03 PM
The defence is the real concern for most I think, is OTJ capable of doing a job at CB? Could allow Forster to fill in for RB again :cb

Inch Hibs
19-01-2014, 03:07 PM
We really really need at least one new full back for next week.

Inch Hibs
19-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Is Clancy fit? Put him at centre half beside Nelson with Forster at right back as Stevenson at left.

J-C
19-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Is Cairney out of contract this summer, maybe this is his problem re motivation, maybe no new deal coming. His problem is consistency, PF dropped him due to this and his fitness, obviously an on going thing with him.

lord bunberry
19-01-2014, 03:27 PM
What's wrong with the heff, is he injured again?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Williams

Forster
Tudur-Jones
Nelson
Stevenson

Harris
Craig
Stanton
Cairney

Collins
Heffernan

erin go bragh
19-01-2014, 04:22 PM
--------------Williams ----------------

Forster Nelson Jones Mcgivern
------------Thomson-------------------
Harris Craig Stanton Stevenson
---------------Collins --------------------

Ggtth

Hermit Crab
19-01-2014, 04:25 PM
2 new guys in hopefully to replace Cairney and Stanton.

Leighonel
19-01-2014, 04:56 PM

Why would you want Stanton replaced?

patch1875
19-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Is Clancy fit? Put him at centre half beside Nelson with Forster at right back as Stevenson at left.

He is but not being considered. He will be gone shortly

McKenzie
19-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Williams
Forster otj Nelson
Cairney Craig Robertson Stanton Harris
Collins heff

TheFamous1875
19-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Williams
Forster otj Nelson
Cairney Craig Robertson Stanton Harris
Collins heff

Williams.

Forster. Nelson. OTJ.

Harris. Robertson. Craig. Stevenson. Stanton.

Heffernan. Collins.

Nelson in the middle of a defensive three, as he didn't seem worth a sook on the left-hand side.

Stevenson can drop back to LB if necessary, going to a 4-4-2. Put him in the middle to support Craig and Robertson - he can tackle and pass and has more tenacity on his pinky than those two, who are both much better suited going forward in attacks.

Stanton and Harris can provide width. The good thing about this midfield is that it's interchangeable. Almost everyone can go in the centre or on the flank, giving us lots of tactical options!

There's so many options here that could mess with Celtic - we may as well give it a go, as we're likely to lose without our main defender, who right now is without a doubt our star player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

inglisavhibs
19-01-2014, 06:05 PM

Williams
OTJ Craig
Handling Stanton Harris
Collins

If Hanlon is still out that will be the team, only Handling is a doubt. If he doesn't pay it may be Zoubir. We will need Tudor Jones for his height against the Celtic giants at set pieces!

Alfred E Newman
19-01-2014, 06:09 PM

Is this a joke?

Ronniekirk
19-01-2014, 08:04 PM
What's wrong with the heff, is he injured again?
He didn't have that good a game against Aberdeen and lack of pace doesn't fit in with style tb wants to play so despite his natural talent and ability to hold ball and. Control it he is maybe being challenged to up his fitness .?

Ronniekirk
19-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Seeing as TB identified a few boys who are clearly not good enough. I think we could see a number of changes for the next game.

Personally, I would like to see the following although I realise suspensions, injuries and out of favour players will mean the line up below will definitely not feature vs Celtic.

4-4-1-1

GK Williams
RB Forster
CB Nelson
CB Hanlon
LB McGivern
RM Harris
CM Thomson
CM Robertson
LM Stevenson (or Stanton)
SS Craig
FW Collins

Why don't we play Celtic at there own game and announce we are playing a glamour friendly with GalaFairy dean so the game has to be postponed they get it all there own way and are back refreshed.

Jonnyboy
19-01-2014, 09:11 PM

You jest

hibbydog
19-01-2014, 09:12 PM
I can see places in the squad for Craig Rocastle, Marc Libbra and someone in the Matty Jack role. It is the transfer window after all...

DownInAlbion
19-01-2014, 11:38 PM
------------Williams---------------
Maybury-Forster-Nelson-Stevenson
--------Tudor Jones-Craig---------
Harris-------Stanton---------Zoubir
-------------Collins---------------

Possible that Clancy may be called up out of desperation but I doubt it.

McKenzie
20-01-2014, 12:02 AM
Can't actually believe people want Zoubir in to start...wouldn't even have him on the bench. Would rather give younger lads a chance from the 20s. They have got to be better than him.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Can't actually believe people want Zoubir in to start...wouldn't even have him on the bench. Would rather give younger lads a chance from the 20s. They have got to be better than him.

I remeber when he came on against St Mirren earlier in the season, he did a few tricks and someone on here was raving about him and said "he is the best player to grace the green and white." :faf:

McKenzie
20-01-2014, 12:44 AM
I remeber when he came on against St Mirren earlier in the season, he did a few tricks and someone on here was raving about him and said "he is the best player to grace the green and white." :faf:

Really makes you wonder about some people, some of the comments at games are bordering embarassing.

Borderhibbie76
20-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Zoubir is murder...doesnt even resemble a football player and is certainly not up to physical demands of Scottish football...rip up his loan and send him packing for me...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brightside
20-01-2014, 10:30 AM
All about keeping it tight against Celtic and trying to scrape a 0-0. Assuming Robertson, Hanlon and McGivern are out.

Williams

Maybury - Forster - Nelson - Stevenson

OTJ Taiwo

Stanton Craig Harris

Collins

DownInAlbion
20-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Zoubir looked a lot fitter when he came on on Saturday and linked well with Stanton so unless we sign someone this week I don't see many other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keep the faith
20-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Was Booth not coming back in Jan or is it a full season loan to Raith?

Ronniekirk
20-01-2014, 11:02 AM
All about keeping it tight against Celtic and trying to scrape a 0-0. Assuming Robertson, Hanlon and McGivern are out.

Williams

OTJ Taiwo

Stanton Craig Harris

Collins
While in theory you may be right ,how can that back four keep it tight against commons et al .If 19 year olds can go down the flank and destroy us . More seasoned professionals will do the same .,your not being realistic .How we regroup after Celtic game is now the pivotal point of season ,and will define if there needs to be more pain before there is gain . Transfer window is also key ,but wonder if Terry boiling over in last week is frustration at how slowly transfers seem to take us. Are we really saying three weeks in there is no one he has identified that is better than what we have ? Given track record that seems unlikely.

He has frozen Tiawo out so he won't go back on that. Why OTj was a key player for him last season but hardly features is a strange one and won't be doing his confidence any good

truehibernian
20-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Zoubir is murder...doesnt even resemble a football player and is certainly not up to physical demands of Scottish football...rip up his loan and send him packing for me...

:agree: this :aok:

TheFamous1875
20-01-2014, 11:07 AM

Full season, which is a shame as we need the numbers! And the pace, and the overlapping attack.

McGivern's signed on until the end of next season, so it'll be interesting to see what approach Butcher takes to having his full backs. I remember reading an interview with Malpas, with him saying something along the lines of a defender being a defender, first and foremost.

Ronniekirk
20-01-2014, 11:09 AM

Think in effect he was discarded remember at one point after a few good games he was given a four year contract then quickly wasn't good enough . Butcher has said he has been to see him and still in his thoughts as he still has another year on contract left in summer.

jacomo
20-01-2014, 11:12 AM

Williams
OTJ Craig
Handling Stanton Harris
Collins

I think you are right but that defence will get a battering from Celtc unfortunately.

Seems strange that LS did ok at RB but can't cope at LB? It's pretty clear now that he is a midfielder, and unfortunate that both Hanlon and McGivern are out at the same time.

Ronniekirk

But he did show promise at start and then quickly went down hill .Where have we heard that before.

truehibernian
Zoubir looked a lot fitter when he came on on Saturday and linked well with Stanton so unless we sign someone this week I don't see many other options.

Really ? The actors on the slow mo credits in Chariots of Fire run faster than Zoubir. Didn't like him when I saw him and my attitude hasn't changed any since, albeit he has been given fleeting chances - not a good addition to the squad. Really don't know what Pat was thinking with that one, another 'panic' deal.

Paloschi
20-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Williams

Maybury
Forster
Nelson
Stevenson

Harris
Craig
Jones
Stanton

Collins
Heffernan

Subs: Murdoch, u20's cb, Cairney, Cummings, Zoubir, u20's Midfielder

Brightside
20-01-2014, 11:18 AM
While in theory you may be right ,how can that back four keep it tight against commons et al .If 19 year olds can go down the flank and destroy us . More seasoned professionals will do the same .,your not being realistic .How we regroup after Celtic game is now the pivotal point of season ,and will define if there needs to be more pain before there is gain . Transfer window is also key ,but wonder if Terry boiling over in last week is frustration at how slowly transfers seem to take us. Are we really saying three weeks in there is no one he has identified that is better than what we have ? Given track record that seems unlikely.

He has frozen Tiawo out so he won't go back on that. Why OTj was a key player for him last season but hardly features is a strange one and won't be doing his confidence any good

Its the only back 4 we have at the moment. He's certainly not going to pitch in some of the U20s into the defence. I'd expect the full backs to stay deep and with two "break up" players in the middle to support the CHs. We will be looking to score from a free kick or corner.

J-C
20-01-2014, 11:31 AM
What's happened to Horribine, I thought he'd be another youngster pushing for a place this season, is he on loan or just not being quoted??

LioNeilMessi
20-01-2014, 12:15 PM
What's happened to Horribine, I thought he'd be another youngster pushing for a place this season, is he on loan or just not being quoted??

Only seen him come on v Raith in a pre-season friendly but he looked dangerous, very quick and he created a few chances. Thought he would be one of the youngsters to make a breakthrough this season since he was involved at the end of last year.

B.H.F.C
20-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Only seen him come on v Raith in a pre-season friendly but he looked dangerous, very quick and he created a few chances. Thought he would be one of the youngsters to make a breakthrough this season since he was involved at the end of last year.

He's not even that young anymore and doesn't even qualify for the 20s. Given that he can't even get on the bench when we are only naming 6 subs I'd imagine he'll be away at the end of the season.

truehibernian
20-01-2014, 12:23 PM

Dean is still at the club until March/April I think - apparently a few of the youngsters are being released, he has not been told as yet. Good hard working player :aok:

Delighted to see the praise Sam Stanton is getting though - he will be a top player for Hibs.

Andy74
20-01-2014, 02:56 PM

That was obviously OTT, however, if you'd seen both the St Johnstone debut and the St Mirren game you'd have been forgiven for thinking we had something special on our hands.

We've managed to knock it out of him pretty quickly but it wasn't just a few tricks, it was going past people like they weren't there. Against St Johnstone he created four or five very good chances in a few minutes.

SaulGoodman
20-01-2014, 02:58 PM
That was obviously OTT, however, if you'd seen both the St Johnstone debut and the St Mirren game you'd have been forgiven for thinking we had something special on our hands.

We've managed to knock it out of him pretty quickly but it wasn't just a few tricks, it was going past people like they weren't there. Against St Johnstone he created four or five very good chances in a few minutes.

:agree:

No idea what happened to him

EskbankHibee
20-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Dean is still at the club until March/April I think - apparently a few of the youngsters are being released, he has not been told as yet. Good hard working player :aok:

Delighted to see the praise Sam Stanton is getting though - he will be a top player for Hibs.

Stanton, Harris and Forster are our best prospects for years. Really excited about them, hopefully we can tie them up on long term contracts because we will struggle to hold on to them IMO

Andy74
20-01-2014, 03:01 PM
:agree:

No idea what happened to him

Hibs :greengrin

truehibernian
20-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Stanton, Harris and Forster are our best prospects for years. Really excited about them, hopefully we can tie them up on long term contracts because we will struggle to hold on to them IMO

Dare I say it I was beginning to like seeing Jordon at right back - he was getting forward a lot and offered a fantastic outlet on that side. And he is as fit as a fiddle to get up and down. I don't think I have seen a Hibs defender attack the ball at set pieces as much since Rob Jones - and it appears to be rubbing off on others.

I watched Sam during a wee 'muck about' game 2 years ago - he's got lovely balance and composure but is very slight. He's worked on his physique but he will need protection in the middle in this league.

Alex - he's the diamond out the three you mention. Far far too much put on his shoulders, mainly due to the complete lack of creativity in the squad thanks to Pat's 'safe player' policy, and Leigh going. I just hope we are patient and we get another player on the other flank to compliment him.

Of other youth players, Andy Black would not be far away for me - especially now that we only have Maybury as a right back. Super quick wee player and can take the team forward on the right side - great engine on him. As I said couple of days ago, I'd put Baptie in too, seeing as Lewis was thriving on the left mid area and McGivern is out. Big call though to put three young defenders into a backline. Could put OTJ in to sit and protect and also offer some much needed height though (given Robbo is suspended IIRC).

Id also have Kevin Thomson in for the Celtic game - need his composure on the ball as we will be under the cosh.

JimBHibees
20-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Really ? The actors on the slow mo credits in Chariots of Fire run faster than Zoubir. Didn't like him when I saw him and my attitude hasn't changed any since, albeit he has been given fleeting chances - not a good addition to the squad. Really don't know what Pat was thinking with that one, another 'panic' deal.

Dont really see why he was brought on as contributed nothing. He should be punted pronto and bring someone wide, quick and direct that Motherwell seem to be able to get regularly.

silverhibee
20-01-2014, 03:26 PM
I think it will be

Williams
Maybury
Forster
Nelson
Stevenson

Stanton
Craig
Robertson
Harris

Cummings
Collins

Is Robertson not suspended for the celtc game. :dunno:

silverhibee
20-01-2014, 03:32 PM
He's come in, had a wee run of games, and done nothing for me - I'm sorry but he is one I'd show the door to. Better wingers/creative players are out there - he may have had flu but even before that he has been as you say, very inconsistent. Always appears to want to come inside - when are we going to get wingers that have the pace and confidence to take on a man wide and get past them ?

Got a feeling that Butcher likes Cairney, seems to have started most games under Butcher.

If he could lose that caravan he is towing :greengrin then he could be a decent player for us.

silverhibee
20-01-2014, 03:33 PM
We really really need at least one new full back for next week.

Garry Kenneth. :greengrin

FromTheCapital
20-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Williams
Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern
Harris
Robertson
Stevenson
Stanton
Craig
Collins

silverhibee
20-01-2014, 03:35 PM

:confused:

Thought he was very good when he came on at the weekend.

silverhibee
20-01-2014, 03:41 PM

Williams

OTJ Taiwo

Stanton Craig Harris

Collins

Take Taiwo out and put Craig in and that would be the team we may go with, Tel won't drop his captain even though he was woeful on Saturday.

:aok:

:sofa:

The Sea-gull
20-01-2014, 03:41 PM

It could be that he is just one of these players who can turn it on now and again but lack consistency. Not really what we need if this is the case.

Not sure if we will have knocked anything out of him, maybe he is just not good enough and of all the options we had for this type of player in the summer, we just have not chosen well and he has not really been well scouted. Or we got a bit desparate.

Maybe French Ligue 2 is not all that compared to the Scottish game. Doesn't surprise me that a young player from there has failed to settle into our football.

truehibernian
20-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Got a feeling that Butcher likes Cairney, seems to have started most games under Butcher.

If he could lose that caravan he is towing :greengrin then he could be a decent player for us.

...and if he stops running like Norman Wisdom a la Mr Grimsdale too SH :greengrin

Brightside
20-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Take Taiwo out and put Craig in and that would be the team we may go with, Tel won't drop his captain even though he was woeful on Saturday.

:aok:

:sofa:

Craig is there already.... Attacking CM. I dont want him wasted in a defensive role. So assuming he wont pick Taiwo who else is available for that role.

TheFamous1875
20-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Craig is there already.... Attacking CM. I dont want him wasted in a defensive role. So assuming he wont pick Taiwo who else is available for that role.

OTJ

Andy74
20-01-2014, 04:24 PM
With players we have available and it being Celtc:

Williams

Stevenson
Nelson
Forster
Maybury

Thomson
OTJ

Craig
Stanton
Harris

Collins

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Williams

Forster
OTJ
Nelson
Stevenson

Harris
Cairney
Thomson
Craig
Stanton

Collins

Scouse Hibee
20-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Butcher admits that Saturday has made him realise that some of them are simply not good enough, at least they've had the game time under Butcher to show how crap they are unlike Taiwo and Thompson! An incredible and wrong decision IMO to completely disregard them from the squad, neither good enough for the bench on Saturday....................utter bollox.

Andy74
20-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Butcher admits that Saturday has made him realise that some of them are simply not good enough, at least they've had the game time under Butcher to show how crap they are unlike Taiwo and Thompson! An incredible and wrong decision IMO to completely disregard them from the squad, neither good enough for the bench on Saturday....................utter bollox.

If the ones that played aren't good enough it's tough to the end of the season. The ones he really doesn't like are done already and no one else is worth a bench place. Hope we get a few in and no more injuries as we will be very thin on the ground.