PDA

View Full Version : In Summary

Chump
19-01-2014, 11:04 AM
It's a sad state when a professional footballer doesn't want the football.....recent performances (in patches) have highlighted to me that certain players are not good enough for Hibs and yesterdays performance reinforced my belief.

Full backs don't want the ball from Williams, the centre backs got rid straight away instead of applying a little bit of composure and the midfield were missed out all day long only because they didn't offer themselves for a simple 5 yard pass.

TB and MM must encourage a 5 yard pass and move culture at Easter Road and not this direct approach - think Brewster was the last man for Hibs to be able to do the role of holding the ball up front and bring the midfield into play. We however, lose the ball, then chase down and lose shape.....and fans lose patience which doesn't help!! I personally wouldn't have 2 up front and go for a 4-5-1 and try and dominate possession in the midfield. We've tried Heff, Cummings and Handling with Collins and it hasn't worked so far. Get Craig further forward where he has more of an impact on the game with two central midfielders (Stanton and Robertson) just behind to offer the link up play. This may allow a little bit more natural width and we can see what Collins can do with a bit of service.......

.....or maybe I should just stick to my day job :wink: