Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Why did we only name 6 subs?

Injuries and TB said some players didnt deserve a place on the bench

Onceinawhile
18-01-2014, 11:55 PM
Said it on the main match thread utterly ridiculous. Cutting your nose off to spite your face.

3pm
19-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Surely one of the young guys could have taken the final spot.

PatHead
19-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Said it on the main match thread utterly ridiculous. Cutting your nose off to spite your face.

He is obviously that desperate to encourage them to move on and is just making it clear certain players will get no game time unless it is for another club

B.H.F.C
19-01-2014, 12:05 AM
I don't really see the problem. Why put someone on the bench if you have absolutely no intention of using them?

He's maybe just trying to give the guys that have been told they can go some encouragement to agree a termination.

CB_NO3
19-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Feel shan on Taiwo. The boy looks to be a grafter. What he lacks in skill he defo makes up for it in effort. Not saying he is the answer but you would think he deserves a place on the bench.

bob12345
19-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Have to say, Terry got this one wrong. I've slaughtered Hearts for doing it recently, and Rangers a couple of seasons back, so I'll do the same for us. He could have made the exact same point to the dead wood players by giving an Under 20 lad who had be in excellent form (and hadn't had a sniff of the first team so far) the chance to be part of the matchday squad. Even though there would be no chance of them coming on, what a confidence boost that would be. Whilst there are youth players on the books, a professional club should never leave its bench short.

Slim Shady
19-01-2014, 01:08 AM
Feel shan on Taiwo. The boy looks to be a grafter. What he lacks in skill he defo makes up for it in effort. Not saying he is the answer but you would think he deserves a place on the bench.

You kidding on. I would give both my testicles to play for hibs but I don't have the skill. Does that mean I should be on the bench.

TB is right. we dont have the squad. Since Tony Mowbray days when he had the golden crop we have had to pish with cock we have. TB stood up and recognised that he needs to improve his squad. Shape up or Ship out.

Im not a ST holder these days as refused to pay for non tryers. I simply can't afford/justify the price for non-entertainment.

Rest assured TB will have a larger attendance when we are defeated as we will be giving it a go (not Yogi style)

GGTTH

SaulGoodman
19-01-2014, 02:03 AM
I'm hoping it's Tel trying to get a message across to Petrie.

monktonharp
19-01-2014, 02:11 AM
Feel shan on Taiwo. The boy looks to be a grafter. What he lacks in skill he defo makes up for it in effort. Not saying he is the answer but you would think he deserves a place on the bench. gonnae no say that, jist gonnae no? he's gettin' empted, for a particular reason.

Ozyhibby
19-01-2014, 02:32 AM

Health and Safety

neil7908
19-01-2014, 10:05 AM

I agree, Taiwo has always done OK when he's played for Hibs and I have never seen him give less than 100%. Unless there is something going on behind the scenes I think it's a shame that he can't even get a place on the bench in those circumstances.

jacomo
19-01-2014, 10:17 AM
I don't really see the problem. Why put someone on the bench if you have absolutely no intention of using them?

He's maybe just trying to give the guys that have been told they can go some encouragement to agree a termination.

How about injuries or sending offs? A manager can never know exactly how a match will pan out, should give themselves as many options as possible.

heidtheba
19-01-2014, 10:26 AM
Part of me thinks it was a dire idea - give it to a young player with potential and there is always a possibility that they might be needed.
However, chucking someone on a bench who you have no intention of using just means they are sitting on a bench. Would much prefer if everyone sitting there felt that they were there because
1/ they are genuinely there to do something (and therefore the players get a bit of a confidence boost) and
2/ they are there because they've earned it (again, gives a confidence boost)

If TB wants an 'esprit de corps' then I think leaving one wee place unused today was a good idea. For years many of us here have complained about 'making up the numbers' types...if TB wants to make it clear that he'd rather have no-one on the bench than someone 'making up the numbers', then fine by me.

There's a culture change going on down the road and I quite like it.

Hibbyradge
19-01-2014, 10:30 AM
We used to cope admirably when we were allowed 2 subs for 2 potential replacements.

Now we're allowed 7 for 3.

TB was being perfectly responsible only naming 6.

We need the "unwanted" like KT and TT to leave asap so we can spend elsewhere.

The message should be loud and clear now, even if they don't act on it.

Then they really would be wage thieves.

Cauld Bovril
19-01-2014, 11:11 AM

Exactly how i saw it, can't see Rod Falling for that though.

marinello59
19-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Part of me thinks it was a dire idea - give it to a young player with potential and there is always a possibility that they might be needed.
However, chucking someone on a bench who you have no intention of using just means they are sitting on a bench. Would much prefer if everyone sitting there felt that they were there because
1/ they are genuinely there to do something (and therefore the players get a bit of a confidence boost) and

If TB wants an 'esprit de corps' then I think leaving one wee place unused today was a good idea. For years many of us here have complained about 'making up the numbers' types...if TB wants to make it clear that he'd rather have no-one on the bench than someone 'making up the numbers', then fine by me.

Well said. :top marks

Caversham Green
19-01-2014, 11:20 AM
We used to cope admirably when we were allowed 2 subs for 2 potential replacements.

Now we're allowed 7 for 3.

TB was being perfectly responsible only naming 6.

We need the "unwanted" like KT and TT to leave asap so we can spend elsewhere.

The message should be loud and clear now, even if they don't act on it.

Then they really would be wage thieves.

:agree: Having seven subs is a daft idea IMO. I would think there's an 'appearance' fee for unused subs so there's always going to be at least four players being paid for doing nothing. If TB wants rid of dead wood, or wants players to earn their wages giving them a paid seat on the bench sends exactly the wrong message.

Unseen work
19-01-2014, 11:20 AM
I was under the impression handling was the 7th but pulled out late on cause the flu which left us with 6?

AlbertK86
19-01-2014, 11:27 AM

Spot on

jdships
19-01-2014, 11:34 AM
I was under the impression handling was the 7th but pulled out late on cause the flu which left us with 6?

Didn't know /or heard his name mentioned , but did hear this was the reason for six subs :agree:

judas
19-01-2014, 08:44 PM
You kidding on. I would give both my testicles to play for hibs but I don't have the skill. Does that mean I should be on the bench.

TB is right. we dont have the squad. Since Tony Mowbray days when he had the golden crop we have had to pish with cock we have. TB stood up and recognised that he needs to improve his squad. Shape up or Ship out.

Im not a ST holder these days as refused to pay for non tryers. I simply can't afford/justify the price for non-entertainment.

Rest assured TB will have a larger attendance when we are defeated as we will be giving it a go (not Yogi style)

GGTTH

Agree with that.

I find it refreshing that we have a manager who recognises how utterly gutted we have been as fans watching sub standard players.

I support our manager. Pity some are taking aim at the guy at a stage when he most needs our support.

judas
19-01-2014, 08:46 PM

Epic. Great post.:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
19-01-2014, 08:47 PM

Spot on :aok:

SMAXXA
19-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Aren't the under 20s in Turkey so we don't have any youngsters to bring in or are they back, could explain it.

SMAXXA
19-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Looking at the official sites -

Hearts have a first team squad of 25

Hibs have a first team squad of 30

Within that we have -

3 on loan Caldwell, booth and gold
1 player coach as back up maybury
3 young lads who haven't really played grant, horribine andDonaldson
4 out of the picture Taiwo, KT, Vine and Clancy
2 injured mcPake and handling

Takes us down to 17 I believe and that's with 3 goal keepers so let's be honest we certainly don't have masses of choice at the moment. Especially when you consider we already have young lads such as Stanton, Harris, Cummings and Forster also in that 17 mentioned above. Here in lies the problem given some don't even think the players that are playing are even good enough, alot to do to improve us for TB and MM IMO.

oconnors_strip
19-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Aren't the under 20s in Turkey so we don't have any youngsters to bring in or are they back, could explain it.

The 20s came back on Friday

weonlywon6-2
19-01-2014, 09:22 PM

Do we really need any more ???

SMAXXA
19-01-2014, 09:22 PM
The 20s came back on Friday

Ah ok, still they might have had jet lag :greengrin

Iggy Pope
19-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Looking at the official sites -

Hearts have a first team squad of 25

Hibs have a first team squad of 30

Within that we have -

3 on loan Caldwell, booth and gold
1 player coach as back up maybury
3 young lads who haven't really played grant, horribine andDonaldson
4 out of the picture Taiwo, KT, Vine and Clancy
2 injured mcPake and handling

Takes us down to 17 I believe and that's with 3 goal keepers so let's be honest we certainly don't have masses of choice at the moment. Especially when you consider we already have young lads such as Stanton, Harris, Cummings and Forster also in that 17 mentioned above. Here in lies the problem given some don't even think the players that are playing are even good enough, alot to do to improve us for TB and MM IMO.

If you add the injuries to Hanlon and McGivern to this as well as Robertson's suspension then surely a lot less than 6 subs next week unless something gives out of one or two of these categories.

SMAXXA
19-01-2014, 09:26 PM
If you add the injuries to Hanlon and McGivern to this as well as Robertson's suspension then surely a lot less than 6 subs next week unless something gives out of one or two of these categories.

yeah your right it is quite concerning and shows how much we need to bring in players during this window. The influx at Ross county doesn't sound like it would go a miss here at this present time

to be fair even when we bring the losnees back we still need a lot of strengthening.

Robinho08
19-01-2014, 09:29 PM
I like what Tel is doing, I have absolutely no problem with him only naming 6 subs. He was quite blunt in the interview about his reasons for it.

weonlywon6-2
19-01-2014, 10:15 PM

Do we really need any more ???

Centre Hawf
19-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Sorry, but I think Taiwo should still be in the squad. Would have been a decent option for Robertson or Craig as the two were poor yesterday and TT gives you a lot of running and i actually think he's got ability about him. More so than OTJ i'm afraid.

This is all my opinion though at the end of the day.

Jonnyboy
19-01-2014, 10:42 PM
It's ironic in a way because I'm sure Tel said, on taking the job, he couldn't believe what a big squad of players he had!

Borderhibbie76
19-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Also feel sorry for taiwo as was always a player I had time for!! But I trust Tel's judgement and it may be the case that the not so fab 4 need to leave before we can bring anyone in this window!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

greenpaper55
20-01-2014, 07:04 AM
This quote from TB in todays Hootsman spells it out why the bench was not full.

"If the Hibs manager was ever unsure of the scale of rebuilding required at his new club, he knows now. If he was undecided about the suitability of some players to fit into his plans, that indecision is gone.Butcher had made up his mind already about some, unspecified employees, having decided to name just six substitutes because, he said, none of the others who were fit and available deserved even to be on the bench. He now has compelling evidence about some of those with whom he has kept faith thus far."

Strong words indeed about the state of play.

Cameron1875
20-01-2014, 07:12 AM
If he'd rather name 6 subs than stick Vine, Taiwo or Thomson on the bench then it surely leaves those players in no doubt as to where their futures lie. I'm guessing that was his reasoning behind it?

Might also be a wee hint to Rod that he needs funds for a couple of players. :wink: