PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Ross County signings

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2014, 11:14 PM
They seem to be making a lot of signings, a few decent ones at that but i do feel they are "signing players for the sake of it" but when you are in a scrap at the bottom like they are, i suppose you maybe have to?

Aldo
18-01-2014, 11:17 PM
They guy they signed from Cardiff think it's Kiss looks like a player. Think that's 3 goals in 2 games.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-01-2014, 11:18 PM
The lad Filip Kiss looks an inspired signing I must admit. Fair play to them

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-01-2014, 11:18 PM
4 goals in 2 games Aldo

dmc1875
18-01-2014, 11:21 PM
What they are doing reminds me of what we did back in Jan 2012...

Bishop Hibee
18-01-2014, 11:24 PM
And hopefully we will make a couple of signings to give us a boost. The young lad on loan from Newcastle was good for them today. I'd happily take decent loan signings til the summer when Butcher can hopefully bring in some quality.

Aldo
18-01-2014, 11:25 PM
4 goals in 2 games Aldo

I stand corrected Nade. 👍

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Just wish we could bring in a midfielder that would score 4 goals in his first two games. He looks a player

Golden Bear
18-01-2014, 11:34 PM
The financial consequences of a loss in the play offs is making a club like Ross County invest now in order to avoid the nightmare becoming a reality.

Shame aboot the hertz though. Heh heh.

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 11:44 PM
What they are doing reminds me of what we did back in Jan 2012...

What? Signed pish like Doherty and Kubjabi?

The Sea-gull
19-01-2014, 08:18 PM
It more reminds me of what they did in January 2013. Signed a few players came from behind us and pipped us for a place in top 6. Hope history is not about to repeat itself.

jdships
19-01-2014, 08:36 PM
These six (?) players won't have come cheap and haven't seen many going out the door !!
Interesting to see how they balance the books with an average gate of 2500/3000 :greengrin

Northernhibee
19-01-2014, 09:42 PM

Matt Doherty was a good player, just a shame he was also a total, total prick.

green.and.white
19-01-2014, 10:15 PM

Dont speak that way about the Gambian Roberto Carlos :greengrin

Ronniekirk
19-01-2014, 10:25 PM
4 goals in 2 games Aldo
Done his job already they can kiss the playoff s goodbye, so recouped money immediately . Can he keep it up ? Remember last season they did the same got into the top six and didn't look back .they aren't established club in top flight so if they pull that off again at our expense I won't be a happy chappy , as I knew what would happen with us , no signings ,very little rumours ,and more or less now being told it will need to be wholesale change this summer .where have we heard that before .

hfc rd
19-01-2014, 10:47 PM
They certainly seem to have made an impact.

Diclonius
20-01-2014, 12:26 AM
Matt Doherty was a good player, just a shame he was also a total, total prick.

This.

The one bad game I remember him having for us was the cup final. Sadly the fact that it was that game and his attitude/behaviour afterwards pretty much guarantees he'll be forever hated among the Hibs support. Entirely justified, I might add. :rolleyes:

Ronniekirk
20-01-2014, 12:22 PM
These six (?) players won't have come cheap and haven't seen many going out the door !!
Interesting to see how they balance the books with an average gate of 2500/3000 :greengrin
They were in top six so wouldn't of budgeted for that so they will be fine .if they don't get top six this year and need to do same again next year it might start impacting .but if they do reach top six again at our expense it shows there are players out there if you have connections and how can they do it and we can't is question that I always find myself asking

The Sea-gull
20-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Ross County are a well run club. They work out a transfer budget for the whole year based on how much they made the year before and spend some in the summer and keep (more than half of it apparently) for January only to be used if they need it. They then assess things mid season and decide how much, if any, they need to spend. Last season they spent in Jan as they were too close to relegation for comfort and this year they probably did not see the need to spend too much in the summer due to Hearts but obviously now feel they are a wee bit too close to the play off.

Dangerous game to play as if they don't spend big in the summer then they risk leaving themselves adrift in first half of season but they must be hoping that one year they will do well and not need to spend as much in January which would allow them to start to invest in making progress.

jdships
20-01-2014, 02:33 PM
They were in top six so wouldn't of budgeted for that so they will be fine .if they don't get top six this year and need to do same again next year it might start impacting .but if they do reach top six again at our expense it shows there are players out there if you have connections and how can they do it and we can't is question that I always find myself asking

Fair points !!
I would add I know a couple of the older/senior RC players ( my wife is from the area ) and they are on just a tadge over £1000/ week
Means their wage bill can't be that astronomical in comparison with other clubs we know :greengrin

Ronniekirk
20-01-2014, 09:15 PM
It more reminds me of what they did in January 2013. Signed a few players came from behind us and pipped us for a place in top 6. Hope history is not about to repeat itself.
We play them in a few weeks , so will be test for us,as by then any business we intend doing will be done and if they continue to win games and we don't then that game could see them catch us ,so should be a barometer for us as February develops