PDA

View Full Version : Goodwin when he was subbed

hibeesjoe
18-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Anybody see Goodwin having words with the hibs dugout when he was walking towards the tunnel. Not sure who it was aimed at. I could be totally making the incident up but it looked like something.

hibbymick
18-01-2014, 09:38 PM
I thought it was the 4rth official he had words with .

Nomeancity
18-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Anybody see Goodwin having words with the hibs dugout when he was walking towards the tunnel. Not sure who it was aimed at. I could be totally making the incident up but it looked like something.
Probably saying that's what you would get if you sign me. I would sign him in a minute - one of those totally underrated players.

The fact everyone hates him says it all - no opposition fans hate a sh@te player.

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Earlier, when Craig nailed him and he was getting ready to take the free kick he seemed to mouth off at the Hibs bench or maybe the Hibs fans behind the home dugout (M59 did you witness this?). A couple of minutes later the ball went out for a throw and Danny Lennon picked it up, clearly spoke to Goodwin and then threw him the ball.

Bottom line is that Goodwin is a gob5hite and a dirty gob5hite at that

Hibercelona
18-01-2014, 09:42 PM
I'm sure he really cares what we or anybody else thinks about him...

hibeesjoe
18-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Yeah it could well have been the 4th official.

He's definitely the type of player opponent fans hate. Not sure where he fit into the Hibs team though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3pm
18-01-2014, 09:43 PM
I'd have him in my team. :whistle:

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 09:44 PM
I'm sure he really cares what we or anybody else thinks about him...

You're right, he probably doesn't but that's no reason not to say how we feel about the thug

3pm
18-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Yeah it could well have been the 4th official.

He's definitely the type of player opponent fans hate. Not sure where he fit into the Hibs team though.

He'd play in the middle of midfield.

HibbySpurs
18-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Defo seen him mouth something at the bench before heading up the tunnel. Yes he also seemed to be tryin to taunt the home support whrn preparing to take the free kick.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

Nomeancity
18-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Sign him now. Controlled the game.

taken off before he was sent off. Danny Lennon knew that he was still going to give it everything - doesn't always work out (mcpake) but at least you know what you are going to get.

E10 Rifle
18-01-2014, 09:52 PM
He had a good game today, broke up several potential attacks and read play better than any of our midfielders. He can't help himself though - needless kick out after a tackle and yet another forearm into a players face being two bookable offences that he was involved in without any provocation. The fact they're having to sub him to stop him getting sent off says it all about the guy. I wouldn't want a plum like that anywhere near Hibs.

snooky
18-01-2014, 09:53 PM
He had a few cheery words with 4th official on his way off the park (from what I saw).

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 09:53 PM
He had a good game today, broke up several potential attacks and read play better than any of our midfielders. He can't help himself though - needless kick out after a tackle and yet another forearm into a players face being two bookable offences that he was involved in without any provocation. The fact they're having to sub him to stop him getting sent off says it all about the guy. I wouldn't want a plum like that anywhere near Hibs.

:agree:

Hibercelona
18-01-2014, 09:54 PM
You're right, he probably doesn't but that's no reason not to say how we feel about the thug

He may be a thug, but he's good at it.

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 09:54 PM
He may be a thug, but he's good at it.

No arguments there

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-01-2014, 09:56 PM
He's a massive prick

stoneyburn hibs
18-01-2014, 09:58 PM
The guy is a nugget, sadly for us Lennon knew that he had to sub him before he was sent off.
Expert at winding up opponents.

Tricla
18-01-2014, 10:02 PM
It was the Hibs bench he mouthed at. I was behind the home dugout.

Hibs Class
18-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Wouldn't want him anywhere near us, Lennon was right to sub him after his booking. Was a little surprised that Lennon brought on grainger though, don't think it was to break up play but instead was to allow him to goad the east at full time, given his red card last time out. Found it somewhere between amusing and pathetic, clearly the kid's hurting that his team is going down.

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 10:04 PM
To think, Fenlon wanted that prick captaining our club.

PatHead
18-01-2014, 10:05 PM
After Craig's tackle on Goodwin when Goodwin rolled about the ground a number of West stand fans threw away their prawn sandwiches and started to call Goodwin a cheat. Once Goodwin got back on his feet he made to laugh at the crowd and shouted something. A few fans removed their bonnets and roared back.

At the next throw in Lennon told him to calm down.

Whilst he ran the midfield, he is a liability due to his continual bookings and general thuggery. Wouldn't want him at Easter Road as he would be suspended too often and I would worry about finishing games with 10 men.

BTW thought it was Hibs bench he was shouting at on his way off.

QMU-1875
18-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Take him in a second, dirty player that always battles.

stoneyburn hibs
18-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Take him in a second, dirty player that always battles.

Naw Naw Naw Naw, dirty and battles, player he is not.

Tinribs
18-01-2014, 10:17 PM
After Craig's tackle on Goodwin when Goodwin rolled about the ground a number of West stand fans threw away their prawn sandwiches and started to call Goodwin a cheat. Once Goodwin got back on his feet he made to laugh at the crowd and shouted something. A few fans removed their bonnets and roared back.

At the next throw in Lennon told him to calm down.

Whilst he ran the midfield, he is a liability due to his continual bookings and general thuggery. Wouldn't want him at Easter Road as he would be suspended too often and I would worry about finishing games with 10 men.

BTW thought it was Hibs bench he was shouting at on his way off.

Prawn sandwiches? I really need to start going back to matches, just so that i could throw down a traditional pie in disgust :confused:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Sure he reacted to something said by fans in the FF, they were going nuts!

LaMotta
18-01-2014, 10:23 PM

:tee hee:

thebakerboy
18-01-2014, 10:33 PM
As I said on another thread he was limping after a tussle near the touchline in the corner between the FF and East when Maybury had a sly little stamp on his ankle , good on you @teddymaybs

Libby Hibby
18-01-2014, 10:36 PM

Me too, exactly the type of player we are missing

Spike Mandela
18-01-2014, 10:41 PM
He just plays the pantomime villain and we fall for it every time.

marinello59
18-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Earlier, when Craig nailed him and he was getting ready to take the free kick he seemed to mouth off at the Hibs bench or maybe the Hibs fans behind the home dugout (M59 did you witness this?). A couple of minutes later the ball went out for a throw and Danny Lennon picked it up, clearly spoke to Goodwin and then threw him the ball.

Bottom line is that Goodwin is a gob5hite and a dirty gob5hite at that

Aye. he was getting a load of abuse from the West, he smiled and then gave some back. Pantomime villainy at it's best to be honest, I found it quite funny.

leither17
19-01-2014, 12:30 AM
As I said on another thread he was limping after a tussle near the touchline in the corner between the FF and East when Maybury had a sly little stamp on his ankle , good on you @teddymaybs

That would have been retaliation for Goodwin following through with his other foot on Marbury early in the 1st half

davhibby
19-01-2014, 12:43 AM
You'd want him in your team, but not too sure about it as he'd never make it through a whole game and always be suspended

oconnors_strip
19-01-2014, 12:43 AM
Liked it when Maybury megged him in the first half near the corner flag of the east and ff

SteveHFC
19-01-2014, 12:44 AM
Me too, exactly the type of player we are missing

:agree:

Seveno
19-01-2014, 12:50 AM
The guy is a thug. He has no place in football never mind at our club.

judas
19-01-2014, 07:57 AM

So what of he did? It's football.

I'm_cabbaged
19-01-2014, 08:04 AM
The guy is a thug. He has no place in football never mind at our club.

Good job he knocked us back then, eh.

I don't get this notion of we're better than that, not Hibs class bull****, didnae hear anyone moan when Brown or Jack were noising up opponents and making wee niggly fouls all over the place.

hibeesjoe
19-01-2014, 08:58 AM
So what of he did? It's football.

Haha Calm down. No point in wasting your time replying if your just going to have a moan.

allezsauzee
19-01-2014, 09:11 AM
I don't think I've ever seen Goodwin play where he's not been the main man on the park. I find it bizarre that people moan about Hibs being soft but say they wouldn't want a 'thug' like Goodwin in the team.

Hibercelona
19-01-2014, 09:41 AM
I don't think I've ever seen Goodwin play where he's not been the main man on the park. I find it bizarre that people moan about Hibs being soft but say they wouldn't want a 'thug' like Goodwin in the team.

That's because they do want a player like Goodwin in the team, they'll just never admit to it.

For those saying that Goodwin is never a football player. He's in a football team, earning a decent footballers wage for himself.

If you met him off the park, you'd find him to be far from the thuggish person he portrays himself to be on the park. That's because it's nothing more than an act to wind up fans and players. It's what he does best, therefore you can't blame him for doing it. He makes a decent living out of doing what he's best at and thats the real reason people hate him.

PPZPOL
19-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Probably saying that's what you would get if you sign me. I would sign him in a minute - one of those totally underrated players.

The fact everyone hates him says it all - no opposition fans hate a sh@te player.

I hate Jamie Hamill and he's sh@te.

Judas Iscariot
19-01-2014, 09:57 AM
The team is still soft as ****...

The_Exile
19-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Goodwin is a poor man's Claros, you can be that type of player without being an absolute thug. We do need someone of that mould in the team, every good team has a player like that, but I wouldn't touch this guy with a barge pole.

Hibercelona
19-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Goodwin is a poor man's Claros, you can be that type of player without being an absolute thug. We do need someone of that mould in the team, every good team has a player like that, but I wouldn't touch this guy with a barge pole.

Being an absolute thug IS his type of player. He'd be completely ineffective if he wasn't such a thug on the park.

Take away his thuggery and he offers nothing to a team.

I have to hand it to the guy. He has taken something that he's good at and milked it for everything that he can. That deserves some credit. :cb

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-01-2014, 10:17 AM
I would take him in an instant and put him straight into the Matty Jack role....,

NAE NOOKIE
19-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Many teams lauded for their decent style of play had a Jim Goodwin type of player. You need a nasty gob***** to do the dirty stuff that lets the good players get on with it. Goodwin was one of the better players on the park yesterday until he was subbed.

If you could remove the dirty off the ball stuff from his game he would be worth having IMO.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2014, 12:29 PM
He just plays the pantomime villain and we fall for it every time.

:agree: And if he were our player we'd love him for it.

flash
19-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Last two visits to ER he has been sent off and subbed to prevent that which would suggest to me he isn't particularly good at what he does.

Amit
19-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Sign him now. Controlled the game.

taken off before he was sent off. Danny Lennon knew that he was still going to give it everything - doesn't always work out (mcpake) but at least you know what you are going to get.

Goodwin is a thug. Poor footballer.

The person who controlled the game was McGowan (No.10). I would rather sign him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cleanyman
19-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Lovely man off the park is JG.

Strolled the game yesterday, Hibs couldn't deal with him.

cleanyman
19-01-2014, 12:47 PM

The person who controlled the game was McGowan (No.10). I would rather sign him.

The irony.

flash
19-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Lovely man off the park is JG.

Strolled the game yesterday, Hibs couldn't deal with him.

Except he had to be subbed because of his behaviour which would have cost his team 2 points if Collum wasn't a cheat.

Big Ed
19-01-2014, 12:48 PM

Agree 100%.

If he was that good, you'd be hearing that other clubs were interested in him.

Amit
19-01-2014, 12:50 PM
The irony.

On the Park! ;-)

Off it, is obviously a different story!

cleanyman
19-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Except he had to be subbed because of his behaviour which would have cost his team 2 points if Collum wasn't a cheat.

Incompetent yes.

Cheat, no.

flash
19-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Incompetent yes.

Cheat, no.

He saw the handball alright.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2014, 01:15 PM

Said on the match thread that McGowan strolled it. Everything St Mirren did went through him for about 65 minutes.

The Gorf
19-01-2014, 01:26 PM

Maybe he could do his community work at ER? Do some work on the pitch for nowt.
good player though.

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Goodwin strolled it and ran the game? Can someone explain to me how they've come to this conclusion?

Bishop Hibee
19-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Goodwin strolled it and ran the game? Can someone explain to me how they've come to this conclusion?

Agree. Their best players were McGowan, Thomson and the wee forward from Newcastle. Goodwin is an average clogger and we must aim higher if we want to improve as a team.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-01-2014, 02:58 PM

Doesn't a three page thread say enough??

Seveno
19-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Being an absolute thug IS his type of player. He'd be completely ineffective if he wasn't such a thug on the park.

Take away his thuggery and he offers nothing to a team.

I have to hand it to the guy. He has taken something that he's good at and milked it for everything that he can. That deserves some credit. :cb

Credit for elbowing people in the face ?

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Doesn't a three page thread say enough??

Loads of comments about how he was lucky to stay on the park but not much evidence of him dictating the play?

Seveno
19-01-2014, 03:31 PM

No thanks. Convicted twice of assaulting a police officer - is that he type we want at ER?

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Goodwin took the piss again and we had noone who could handle him

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Pretty obvious really.

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2014, 06:39 AM
No it's not - some reasons how would be good...

FromTheCapital
20-01-2014, 03:38 PM
He's something we need. We're far too soft in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EskbankHibee
20-01-2014, 03:41 PM
He's something we need. We're far too soft in the middle.

We've got enough mediocre deadwood

FromTheCapital
20-01-2014, 03:42 PM
We've got enough mediocre deadwood

Would rather have him in there than Robertson...

EskbankHibee
20-01-2014, 03:47 PM

Nonsense. I don't think he's better than any of our midfielders including Taiwo, Thomson, OTJ

FromTheCapital
20-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Fair enough about OTJ and I would rather have Thomson/Taiwo in the middle but Butcher's made it clear that they're free to go.

flash
20-01-2014, 03:59 PM

Well if nothing else at least you're not picking the team.

FromTheCapital
20-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Well if nothing else at least you're not picking the team.

I honestly don't know what people see in Robertson? He's useless.

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Still no points on how he controlled the midfield and the game then? Just cos he's the one you see a lot making fouls and being spoken to by the ref doesn't mean he's dictating the game.

Seveno
20-01-2014, 06:27 PM
I fail to see why a player that goes around elbowing other players in the face would 'do a job for us'.

Earlier today, I saw news footage of Iain Duncan Smith being interviewed on the roof of a building. Now that is where Goodwin would do a job for us.

Stevie Reid
20-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Goodwin took the piss again and we had noone who could handle him

Struggling to see how you can back this up really. The guy is captain of a side that is playing very well and winning 3-0 away from home with half an hour to go, yet he ends up getting hooked before he is sent off, and his team come within a baw hair of going home with a draw.

Goodwin had the perfect platform to 'take the piss' on Saturday, yet despite loving to be the pantomime villain and having the bragging rights of a 3-0 lead, he was the one who chucked it - it was he who couldn't handle the home crowd, not the other way about.

Time and time again he goes toe to toe with referees, sometimes he gets away with it during the game, very often he doesn't - but if you have a guy who can't finish 90 minutes either through being sent off or taken off before that happens, what use is he as a player, never mind a captain?

The only thing that determines whether or not he stays on the field is whether referees have the guts to book him when they should do - many don't as they know it will lead to having to send him off, just like Collum bottled out of booking him just before HT at the weekend.

Don't get me wrong, he can be an effective player for them when he gets the balance right, but let's not talk him up to be anything more than he is - a limited footballer who can stop the opposition playing but loses the rag far too easily.

St. Mirren's best players on Saturday were quick and skilful, like Campbell, McGregor and McGowan (ironically a thug off the park) - Goodwin only managed to do his job for 2/3 of the game.

Rightly or wrongly, you can't play the game like he plays it any more, and he is on borrowed time in Scottish football IMO.

PatHead
20-01-2014, 10:22 PM
:top marks:top marks
Struggling to see how you can back this up really. The guy is captain of a side that is playing very well and winning 3-0 away from home with half an hour to go, yet he ends up getting hooked before he is sent off, and his team come within a baw hair of going home with a draw.

Goodwin had the perfect platform to 'take the piss' on Saturday, yet despite loving to be the pantomime villain and having the bragging rights of a 3-0 lead, he was the one who chucked it - it was he who couldn't handle the home crowd, not the other way about.

Time and time again he goes toe to toe with referees, sometimes he gets away with it during the game, very often he doesn't - but if you have a guy who can't finish 90 minutes either through being sent off or taken off before that happens, what use is he as a player, never mind a captain?

The only thing that determines whether or not he stays on the field is whether referees have the guts to book him when they should do - many don't as they know it will lead to having to send him off, just like Collum bottled out of booking him just before HT at the weekend.

Don't get me wrong, he can be an effective player for them when he gets the balance right, but let's not talk him up to be anything more than he is - a limited footballer who can stop the opposition playing but loses the rag far too easily.

St. Mirren's best players on Saturday were quick and skilful, like Campbell, McGregor and McGowan (ironically a thug off the park) - Goodwin only managed to do his job for 2/3 of the game.

Rightly or wrongly, you can't play the game like he plays it any more, and he is on borrowed time in Scottish football IMO.
:top marks

Scouse Hibee
21-01-2014, 08:39 AM

There you go, and he did enough said.

Stevie Reid
21-01-2014, 12:14 PM
There you go, and he did enough said.

But he also did the latter part of the sentence that you didn't highlight, and lost the rag too easily - and had to leave the park. I didn't deny that he was effective for a period, but his inability to keep the heid is costing him greatly, time and time again.