PDA

View Full Version : Not getting signings this Window

down-the-slope
18-01-2014, 09:13 PM
:rolleyes: - this will test whether there is patience or not

Terrys quotes

"That was one of the most wretched 45 minutes I have seen from one of my teams," said Butcher.
"That was absolutely abysmal and there were a few choice words. It tells me the squad depth isn't there."
Butcher added: "We only had six subs because some were injured and I felt others didn't deserve to be on the bench.
"There's a few players in the first half whose performances said to me 'I'm not good enough gaffer, get someone else in'.
"I can't do that in January, but I'll do that in the summer. That was not acceptable. That was awful.
"They were going to have Monday off, but I've got them in now and I'm going to work them hard.
"It's baffling as to where that performance came from."

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 09:14 PM
:rolleyes: - this will test whether there is patience or not

Terrys quotes

"That was one of the most wretched 45 minutes I have seen from one of my teams," said Butcher.
"That was absolutely abysmal and there were a few choice words. It tells me the squad depth isn't there."
Butcher added: "We only had six subs because some were injured and I felt others didn't deserve to be on the bench.
"There's a few players in the first half whose performances said to me 'I'm not good enough gaffer, get someone else in'.
"I can't do that in January, but I'll do that in the summer. That was not acceptable. That was awful.
"They were going to have Monday off, but I've got them in now and I'm going to work them hard.
"It's baffling as to where that performance came from."

TBF I think he meant he wont be able to get them all in the January window as opposed to not getting any

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 09:19 PM
I've said it before, if Terry doesn't want to panic ***** money in January with a view to building a long term side with players scouted and signed in the summer he has my 100% backing.

I will take bottom six, if in the long term it benefits the club and with Terry Malpas and Marseilla (sp) I have 100% trust for the first time since McLeish in brining the right players to the club.

edwards
18-01-2014, 09:22 PM
TBF I think he meant he wont be able to get them all in the January window as opposed to not getting any

Yep totaly agree but after watching the first 25 minutes and being 3 down bet he wished the season could be over and get the players he needs.

Tinribs
18-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Just watched TB's post match on Hibs TV, he did say at the end that things were progressing and he hoped something may happen in the next week regarding getting someone in.

...WentToMowAnSPL
18-01-2014, 09:32 PM
I've said it before, if Terry doesn't want to panic ***** money in January with a view to building a long term side with players scouted and signed in the summer he has my 100% backing.

I will take bottom six, if in the long term it benefits the club and with Terry Malpas and Marseilla (sp) I have 100% trust for the first time since McLeish in brining the right players to the club.

This

Russ
18-01-2014, 09:34 PM

100% this, plus there would be another home derby :greengrin .

3pm
18-01-2014, 09:35 PM
I'd love to know who this applies to....."There's a few players in the first half whose performances said to me 'I'm not good enough gaffer, get someone else in'.

It could be anyone.

Famous Fiver
18-01-2014, 09:37 PM
I would have thought that with Marsella's connections, TB and MM in the know, we could have had at least one or two in. Saints had 2 Newcastle boys on loan (Boy, did they make a difference), Ross County have got some boy from Cardiff (Kiss?), who is scoring goals,Jags have got Lyle Taylor ( scoring goals).
Hopefully, after that lot today we will see some movement before 31st January. I do have some sympathy, Murphy scored again for Sheff U today. It's not easy but if our management team are all that, something has to happen, and quick.

PeterboroHibee
18-01-2014, 09:39 PM
I'd love to know who this applies to....."There's a few players in the first half whose performances said to me 'I'm not good enough gaffer, get someone else in'.

It could be anyone.

Tbh the fact he doesnt bring any specific names into it suggests it could just be a piece of good management to try and keep all 11/12 players from the first half on their toes and try and get them to up their games - how do any of them know they are the ones who arent 'good enough'?

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Subbing Cairney at HT definitely suggests he's one of the guys he's talking about?

gringojoe
18-01-2014, 09:42 PM

Actually bottom six is for the best as it means we get the poppy thieves at home when they are officially down.

...WentToMowAnSPL
18-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Actually bottom six is for the best as it means we get the poppy thieves at home when they are officially down.

Would that be at ER or Tescos ?

matty_f
18-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Subbing Cairney at HT definitely suggests he's one of the guys he's talking about?

Cairney was lucky to get to half time before he was subbed. If he's going to play one good game in three then he's not good enough.

Wotherspiniesta
18-01-2014, 09:45 PM

:agree:

And he's right. Cairney is crap.

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 09:45 PM

Cairney was lucky to get to half time before he was subbed. If he's going to play one good game in three then he's not good enough.

I'm told Cairney had flu and was a doubt. Might explain his poor showing although he's not played all that well of late anyway IMO

Hibercelona
18-01-2014, 09:46 PM

Thats the problem though. It gets said every season. We'll be saying the exact same thing yet again this time next year.

We're good enough for top six this season. We were far off key today. But we're capable of grinding out enough results to get into the top six. It's not as if the league is currently oozing with quality.

gringojoe
18-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Would that be at ER or Tescos ?

If you don't know where home is you can't make it to many matches.

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Thats the problem though. It gets said every season. We'll be saying the exact same thing yet again this time next year.

We're good enough for top six this season. We were far off key today. But we're capable of grinding out enough results to get into the top six. It's not as if the league is currently oozing with quality.

If it does mate it's not by me, it's usually an excuse for the managers short comings. This time I really mean it though. The top six have more settled sides and none of them have replaced the manager half way through except us choring Butcher. I would be delighted with top six if not it's not a disaster but there would be no excuse next year or hiding place if we where to get horsed off hearts this season.

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Possibly true, however someone on .net suggested Cairney was recovering from flu' in which case, he might be given some slack by TB.

Cairney has started ever game since Terry's been in charge and he's praised him in the press. No danger he's going to be punted any time soon.

lord bunberry
18-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Just watched TB's post match on Hibs TV, he did say at the end that things were progressing and he hoped something may happen in the next week regarding getting someone in.

I just watched that as well, he seemed quite confident that there would be players coming in this week.

scoopyboy
18-01-2014, 10:17 PM

I actually blame TB for that one, Cairney was off with the flu and shouldn't have started.

smurf
18-01-2014, 10:18 PM

He hasn't been well all week in fairness.

Hermit Crab
18-01-2014, 10:44 PM

Agree

matty_f
18-01-2014, 10:47 PM
I actually blame TB for that one, Cairney was off with the flu and shouldn't have started.

Yeah, if that's the case then I agree with you. We must be thin on the ground of we are having to start players that aren't well.

Brightside
18-01-2014, 10:50 PM

It could be anyone.

CMs both were brutal. Paul C too.

Juice-Terry
18-01-2014, 10:56 PM
CMs both were brutal. Paul C too.

PatHead
19-01-2014, 12:10 AM
Dare I say it for fear of upsetting some here. Thought LS was brutal at full back in the first half. He may well have been in the firing line at HT. Came on to a game in the second though.

davhibby
19-01-2014, 12:47 AM
Dare I say it for fear of upsetting some here. Thought LS was brutal at full back in the first half. He may well have been in the firing line at HT. Came on to a game in the second though.

Whole defence were brutal first half

joe breezy
19-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Does seem odd that Partick Thistle get a goal scorer in on loan but it's beyond the capabilities of Hibs to do likewise... I'm hoping Terry is just playing the scouting work down whilst behind the scenes even temporary replacements are sought

Steve20
19-01-2014, 08:49 AM
I'd hope we get players in. That team is poor and it's not totally out the question we could get dragged into the battle to avoid the playoff position, unless we start playing a lot better.

Wotherspiniesta
19-01-2014, 12:10 PM

True, he and Harris didn't know the time of day for the 2nd and 3rd goals. The guy they have on loan from Newcastle looks a good player though, very quick and direct.

mcfly
19-01-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm sorry I thoughtLiam Craig was awful again. Doesn't inspire me and so far a big disappointment.

Appreciate others may have different opinions but when we are behind he doesn't step up to the plate and drive the team on from where I sit in the east.

flash
19-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Adam Campbell looked good, Kiss at Ross County looks good, Lyle Taylor will score goals.

I hope we are waiting for some special signings or it could be a pretty disastrous window.

The_Horde
19-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Don't think LS done much wrong. Stood up a quick player and held him up. Not stevensons fault there was a player unmarked and in acres in the box.

semaj64
19-01-2014, 01:21 PM

I agree, I cannot understand why some people think bottom six is acceptable, Hibs should be top six every season.

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2014, 01:27 PM

Didn't realise - I was was just surmising based in TBs comments and actions.

Inch Hibs
19-01-2014, 01:31 PM
I'm sorry I thoughtLiam Craig was awful again. Doesn't inspire me and so far a big disappointment.

Appreciate others may have different opinions but when we are behind he doesn't step up to the plate and drive the team on from where I sit in the east.

He would havin been played out of position.

Ronniekirk
20-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Adam Campbell looked good, Kiss at Ross County looks good, Lyle Taylor will score goals.

I hope we are waiting for some special signings or it could be a pretty disastrous window.

Yes am disappointed we haven't made one bloody signing .but question is has he been told by Petrie not Mutch dealings till summer on basis we got briefly into top six and thought with a wee bit tinkering at the end do window we could stay there and that would be progress and then build on that with big clearance in summer .14 players out of contract..but if not in top 6 it hampers budget and we don't seem to realise the impact this Hanson us as club as attendances go down .less than 10,000 against Saint mirren shows we are long way from winning fans back Derby was a one off

Hibbyradge
20-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Yes am disappointed we haven't made one bloody signing .but question is has he been told by Petrie not Mutch dealings till summer on basis we got briefly into top six and thought with a wee bit tinkering at the end do window we could stay there and that would be progress and then build on that with big clearance in summer .14 players out of contract..but if not in top 6 it hampers budget and we don't seem to realise the impact this Hanson us as club as attendances go down .less than 10,000 against Saint mirren shows we are long way from winning fans back Derby was a one off

Why are you punctuating all your posts with loads of unnecessary full stops? :confused:

Mikeystewart
20-01-2014, 12:59 PM

:top marks

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-01-2014, 01:01 PM
I think we will see a signing this week.

NorthNorfolkHFC
20-01-2014, 01:06 PM
i think we will see two signings this week.

Ronniekirk
20-01-2014, 01:10 PM
i think we will see two signings this week.
Any advance on two ?

Ronniekirk
20-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Why are you punctuating all your posts with loads of unnecessary full stops? :confused:
Use one finger and batter out whole thing quickly ,was Nae good at school and grammar wasn't my strong point ...... :top marks No I got 1 out of ten for Grammer

Brooster
20-01-2014, 01:19 PM

Thats the least of his problems.

Ronniekirk
20-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Thats the least of his problems.

If you have something to say ,say it ,then I can decide whether to take it on board ,just like I have done with Hibby Radge s comment about random full stops , . which I have tried to eradicate since the post There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism as the net should be a place for diverse views and opinions to be shared .

greenpaper55
20-01-2014, 01:51 PM
The trouble is we have a scenario that repeats itself every season at ER, bad early season results leads to panic buys of mediocrity around this time , players get eighteen month contracts or longer so we cannot move them on easily. What we want to do is try to buy as little as possible at this point but get a few class players in during the summer which could have a huge impact next season.

jacomo
20-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Any advance on two ?

I'll go for five. Rudi, Aiguar, Goodwillie, etc...

Jonnyboy
21-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Use one finger and batter out whole thing quickly ,was Nae good at school and grammar wasn't my strong point ...... :top marks No I got 1 out of ten for Grammer

What mark did you get for spelling? :wink: :greengrin

RIP
21-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Anyone know how management go about signings? Does Terry and his team do the deals or do they merely identify the targets and leave the deals up to the board to secure?

silverhibee
22-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Anyone know how management go about signings? Does Terry and his team do the deals or do they merely identify the targets and leave the deals up to the board to secure?

Your really asking that question Gogs, thought it was pretty obvious how things were done when signing players for Hibs.

Onion
22-01-2014, 07:18 AM
The trouble is we have a scenario that repeats itself every season at ER, bad early season results leads to panic buys of mediocrity around this time , players get eighteen month contracts or longer so we cannot move them on easily. What we want to do is try to buy as little as possible at this point but get a few class players in during the summer which could have a huge impact next season.

Agreed. A direct result of our poor manager appointments, having to sack them in October each year. Of the more recent managers, I think Yogi, Calderdud and Fenlon have all been booted out in Oct/Nov leaving a mess.

Last Minute
22-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Adam Rooney will have a medical at Aberdeen today as the Dons see off competition from several Premiership rivals for the Oldham striker. (Sun)

bingo70
22-01-2014, 07:46 AM
Adam Rooney will have a medical at Aberdeen today as the Dons see off competition from several Premiership rivals for the Oldham striker. (Sun)

That'd be a big blow to miss out on him imo.

smurf
22-01-2014, 08:47 AM

My understanding is the latter. And every manager bemoans that we've missed out on first targets... And every season we miss out on top six and dispense of the manager....

Ronniekirk
22-01-2014, 08:55 AM

He had a viral complaint and really shouldn't of started game at all so doesn't say a lot about fit players that could even get place on the bench

Ronniekirk
22-01-2014, 08:59 AM
What mark did you get for spelling? :wink: :greengrin

We used ink in those days and kept blotting my copy:wink::wink::greengrin

CorrieHibs
22-01-2014, 09:03 AM

Seems we miss out on a lot of targets to Aberdeen. You think Aberdeen pay bigger wages? Or players see them as bigger club? I would of thought we had a better chance considering Rooney played under Butcher at ICT.

GordonHFC
22-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Seems we miss out on a lot of targets to Aberdeen. You think Aberdeen pay bigger wages? Or players see them as bigger club? I would of thought we had a better chance considering Rooney played under Butcher at ICT.

Which could also be the reason he may not want to sign for him again ?

Wilson
22-01-2014, 09:13 AM

Bigger club. Better players. Better wages. Doing better in the league. All of these make Aberdeen an attractive proposition.

Unless he specifically wanted to be in Edinburgh or link up with Butcher we are slightly outgunned.

Ronniekirk
22-01-2014, 09:14 AM
How would the sun know .? Been hacking phones again ! If he was a target of Terry's and if going to sheep instead then it's a blow. But they are in semi of one cup and chasing second in league under a good manager at a club who will invest when doing well as they know gates will increase by a few thousand They have stolen a march on us and we have to accept we will be left behind as our big rebuilding won't be till the summer.

Hopefully we get a few signings in and make top 6 or realistically 6th.as we need to see progress or our crowds will just stagnate and we really need to build momentum as brand new team in summer will take time to gel so we may be out with top six playing catch up at start of season so we need players with right attributes.Whether big tell can persuade his targets Hibs have ambition is maybe another issue as other teams have a track record now of top four and we haven't been able to do that.

Dobosz83
22-01-2014, 09:16 AM
I agree with the posters who are pointing out that if Terry wants to wait until the summer before bringing players in then I'm fine with that. I have to say that it is a little bit frustrating all the same. When you hear the rumors of Adam Rooney going to Aberdeen today, it doesn't help matters since he'd more than likely be an ideal fit for us.

Still, we need to trust Butcher/Malpas/Marcella. As painful as that first 45 minutes was on Saturday I can understand reasons as to why it happened. I don't believe the play off spot is something we'll be sucked into :greengrin

CorrieHibs
22-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Bigger club. Better players. Better wages. Doing better in the league. All of these make Aberdeen an attractive proposition.

Unless he specifically wanted to be in Edinburgh or link up with Butcher we are slightly outgunned.

It happens a lot though. We were in for wylde and he choose Aberdeen and we were both terrible last season! Tbh thankfully we didn't get wylde because it seems he has a bad attitude and didn't last long but I was just making a point!

Hibernia Na Eir
22-01-2014, 09:20 AM
early early days. Terry will step things up nicely come summer time. Don't fret!

PeterboroHibee
22-01-2014, 09:24 AM

They seem to be throwing a fair amount of money about, and have assembled a pretty good squad of solid SPL players. If the game we played against them was anything to go by though Id be slightly disappointed if I was an Aberdeen fan that that team arent able to produce a better standard of football, they were poor against us and needed a long range strike to win the game.

Ronniekirk
22-01-2014, 10:14 AM
They seem to be throwing a fair amount of money about, and have assembled a pretty good squad of solid SPL players. If the game we played against them was anything to go by though Id be slightly disappointed if I was an Aberdeen fan that that team arent able to produce a better standard of football, they were poor against us and needed a long range strike to win the game.

Dont disagree but let's see what business we both do in transfer window and how that impacts on both clubs

smurf
22-01-2014, 10:20 AM

Bigger club? There's nothing between them and us if all were being honest...

The Sea-gull
22-01-2014, 10:21 AM

If I was an Aberdeen fan I'd be far from disappointed right now.

The Sea-gull
22-01-2014, 10:25 AM
New manager but nothing seems to have changed when it comes to transfer windows. Still "working hard behind the scenes trying to get the right player" while others make signings.

Speedway
22-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Butcher reckons we'll have one new player in for the Celtic game. This is ALWAYS Hibs speak for 'we've done a deal but we're not announcing it yet'

Leithenhibby
22-01-2014, 10:34 AM

It could be anyone.

More likely directed to everyone! ;-)

hibsmad
22-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Not buying that Aberdeen are a bigger club than us.

If a player chooses them over us then it is down to one simple thing. They are offering more money. The only exception to this would be if, for whatever reason, he wanted to live in Aberdeen and freeze his baws off aw year.

Nothing to do with fan base, potential, history etc

PeterboroHibee
22-01-2014, 11:39 AM
If I was an Aberdeen fan I'd be far from disappointed right now.

Of course, they are getting results and doing well in the league so maybe disappointed wasnt the right word.

My point was however that if Hibs had spent as much and had that quality of player available throughout the squad Id be expecting a slightly better standard of football than they appear to have been delivering so far.

Eternal Hibbie
22-01-2014, 11:41 AM

When did Aberdeen become a bigger club than Hibs - really don't understand this logic.

Bad as we are or have been the past few years where have the Dons been to make them better.

If, and its a big if, they are paying bigger wages then then they are foolishly following the route of the the deluded over Gorgie way.

It's Hibs with everything in place who stand to prosper not the Aberdeens of this world with their ramshackle ground, no training facilities and at least double our debt to contend with before trying to rebuild their infrastructure.

Bigger club really !

Eternal Hibbie
22-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Posted twice.

Mikeystewart
22-01-2014, 11:48 AM
When did Aberdeen become a bigger club than Hibs - really don't understand this logic.

Bad as we are or have been the past few years where have the Dons been to make them better.

If, and its a big if, they are paying bigger wages then then they are foolishly following the route of the the deluded over Gorgie way.

It's Hibs with everything in place who stand to prosper not the Aberdeens of this world with their ramshackle ground, no training facilities and at least double our debt to contend with before trying to rebuild their infrastructure.

Bigger club really !

I would agree that Aberdeen are a bigger club, only by a little bit though. If by bigger you mean, more success, more funds available, bigger crowds, won more in Europe, then Aberdeen are a bigger club.

Maybe they can finance these bigger wages due to better crowds?

Milne is notoriously tight so i assume the wages are being determined under a tight wage structure.

Every club has the potential to be bigger, but we're talking about right now.

Eternal Hibbie
22-01-2014, 12:17 PM
I would agree that Aberdeen are a bigger club, only by a little bit though. If by bigger you mean, more success, more funds available, bigger crowds, won more in Europe, then Aberdeen are a bigger club.

Every club has the potential to be bigger, but we're talking about right now.

This board is all about opinions so I need to disagree again.

More success - maybe 40 years ago.

More funds - nah, no way for all the reasons I outlined in my previous post.

Bigger crowds - how often in the past five / ten years, you're maybe right but I'd like to see the figures to back this up.

Europe - see more success above.

These so-called bigger clubs (Aberdeen and Hearts) who have constantly lived outwith their means to make them "bigger" clubs just make me nauseous.

No comparison for me I'm afraid.

Gustavo Fring
22-01-2014, 12:29 PM
This board is all about opinions so I need to disagree again.

More success - maybe 40 years ago.

More funds - nah, no way for all the reasons I outlined in my previous post.

Bigger crowds - how often in the past five / ten years, you're maybe right but I'd like to see the figures to back this up.

Europe - see more success above.

These so-called bigger clubs (Aberdeen and Hearts) who have constantly lived outwith their means to make them "bigger" clubs just make me nauseous.

No comparison for me I'm afraid.

hibs , aberdeen and hearts have all had a wee period where they won a few titles . theres not alot between them all support wise . but aberdeens success was in my lifetime unlike hibs and farts and also beat real madrid in a european final - unfortunatly that trumps anything hibs or hearts have ever achieved

SouthamptonHibs
22-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Hibs need to sign 2/3 players ASAP or this season is a write off!

The current squad we have available won't get top 6 this season.
Another season (4th in a row) we will have finished in the bottom 6 = Absolute failure.

Worrying thing is we are only 7/8 points of second bottom.
With injuries to Hanlon and McGivern we are weak at the back and have a tough run of fixtures coming up.

Problems we have in the short team

1. No pace going forward. Harris is the only pacey player we have and he's a young lad who has been out all year injured
2. Stevenson is a terrible left or right back - but looks like our only cover depending on how injuries are with Hanlon, McGivern and McPake
3. Midfield - blows hot or cold, but generally we toil to keep a hold of the ball
4. Strikers - Cummings = doesn't offer much in first team, Collins = to slow but is starting to score from set plays, Heff is to slow, decent but not scoring from open play
5. Depth of squad is terrible - no idea why Thomson isn't on the bench = madness.

A big three weeks ahead to determine our season

1. Signings by 31st Jan
2. three league games
3. Cup game v Raith

- Another season in Bottom 6 is an absolute failure, the board need to take full blame allowing Fenlon the time and the money to assemble such a poor one paced squad!

In Butcher we trust but we need to get this right over next two windows! Preferrably this window

Hail Hail

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Aberdeen are doing the right thing(imo)...trying to consolidate that 2nd top spot, in recent years(barring one or two)we only usually try to strengthen when we are attempting to claw away from clubs nearer the bottom, i sometimes feel oor Rod thinks we are happy enough battling it out for a top six finish instead of cracking on

Andy74
22-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Aberdeen are doing the right thing(imo)...trying to consolidate that 2nd top spot, in recent years(barring one or two)we only usually try to strengthen when we are attempting to claw away from clubs nearer the bottom, i sometimes feel oor Rod thinks we are happy enough battling it out for a top six finish instead of cracking on

If Rod reads this Board he could be forgiven for thinking we aren't too fussed about the top six either just now.

Hibernia Na Eir
22-01-2014, 01:35 PM
According to TB on Radio Forth at 1pm today, we are looking to recruit 1 or 2 new bods this window. Not defenders, unless more injuries force his hand. Leigh G please ;-)

Ronniekirk
22-01-2014, 02:01 PM
According to TB on Radio Forth at 1pm today, we are looking to recruit 1 or 2 new bods this window. Not defenders, unless more injuries force his hand. Leigh G please ;-)
That confirms we have spent the budget bringing the management team in and that there is little sign of the players he wants out moving on as yet ,so it is going to be a close thing as window clock ticks down .Suspect he means he would like one or two deals done and dusted in next week and then see what movement there is and who might be available at that point. Hoping that ,as one or two given those he has said won't play does limit options with injuries and suspensions and the odd game where we revert to poor display . So 6 th would be difficult ,if it is only one or two

Gustavo Fring
22-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Leigh G please ;-)

griffiths is way out of our league now . its time to accept it and move on

SeanWilson
22-01-2014, 02:18 PM

silverhibee
22-01-2014, 02:24 PM
If Rod reads this Board he could be forgiven for thinking we aren't too fussed about the top six either just now.

Where is the over the top threads that we should have brought in five players by now, and still no mention of Deeks signing this window, :greengrin seems we are losing interest, a fourth season in a row in the bottom six is unthinkable, maybe TB has been told to just keep us away from that play-off spot rather than moving up to the top six. :greengrin

green glory
22-01-2014, 02:25 PM

150k?

Aldo
22-01-2014, 02:36 PM
:agree: Where is the over the top threads that we should have brought in five players by now, and still no mention of Deeks signing this window, :greengrin seems we are losing interest, a fourth season in a row in the bottom six is unthinkable, maybe TB has been told to just keep us away from that play-off spot rather than moving up to the top six. :greengrin

I still think top 6 is achievable and we should be aiming for as high as possible.

Folk saying they would be happy for bottom 6 is just baffling. I want minimum top 6 ever season with us aiming for winning everything we enter ( sounds daft but what's the point if that's not our aim)

I still believe we will finish top 6 and fully expect that this is TB's aim also.

I also believe we will sign 3 players in this window.

As for Deek. Always will be a legend in my eyes but think he's had his time at ER mate. (Shame really)

lord bunberry
22-01-2014, 02:48 PM

Never! He's coming back home, all we need to do is raise 150k

Wilson
22-01-2014, 04:03 PM

Bigger club really !

I was meaning historically but there is an argument to be had.

Obviously attendance is one indicator and that fluctuates with relative success. If we're on the up and they are in the doldrums then perhaps our attendances would give us the edge.

All things being equal though I think they would shade it - perhaps the difference being their lack of competition from a big rival in their city.

As others have said though - perhaps not too much in it. It is a moot point anyway as we are struggling for top 6 and they are grabbing the headlines. Even with the green tinted specs it is hard to blame a player for joining Aberdeen right now.

Eternal Hibbie
22-01-2014, 04:40 PM
I was meaning historically but there is an argument to be had.

Obviously attendance is one indicator and that fluctuates with relative success. If we're on the up and they are in the doldrums then perhaps our attendances would give us the edge.

All things being equal though I think they would shade it - perhaps the difference being their lack of competition from a big rival in their city.

As others have said though - perhaps not too much in it. It is a moot point anyway as we are struggling for top 6 and they are grabbing the headlines. Even with the green tinted specs it is hard to blame a player for joining Aberdeen right now.

Take your point buddy, you're right about them flying right now, well for the past two or three months anyway !!!

Historically though Dundee, Dunfermline and one or two others could be considered big clubs, they can't live off it forever though.

Anyway, I'm keeping the specs on. :)

Hope we pull a cracker out of the hat in the next few days - BIG club that we are. :)