PDA

View Full Version : Robertson MOTM?

snooky
18-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Robertson? MOTM?
That was an odd call, and judging by the drone of the crowd after the announcement, I'm not alone in my opinion.
SR was well down my pecking list for that honour.
Although there were no obvious candidates, I would have chosen Collins for his effort and goals.
Should also add that I thought Stanton played well after he came on at HT.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Even he shook his head when it was announced!

dmc1875
18-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Williams
Maybury
Forster
Nelson
MgGivern
Cairney
Craig
Robertson
Stevenson
Collins
Cummings

Stanton
Zoubir
Harris

Not that it means much but the players in bold I would have given MOTM before him. Never MOTM one of his poorest games this season IMO. Collins was MOTM to me, even before his second goal.

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 07:13 PM
The only logic to it must be that the sponsors fancied meeting him

matty_f
18-01-2014, 07:18 PM
I thought Robertson was the pick of the midfield for most of the match. Contributed much more than the anonymous Cairney and was better than Craig as well.
I don't think any of the defenders had a shot for motm given that the three goals we conceded were so pathetic.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2014, 07:19 PM
I thought Robertson was the pick of the midfield for most of the match. Contributed much more than the anonymous Cairney and was better than Craig as well.
I don't think any of the defenders had a shot for motm given that the three goals we conceded were so pathetic.

Is it compulsory to pick a MOM? Just embarrassing when you're getting pumped.

hibee_girl
18-01-2014, 07:27 PM

I thought Robertson was the best of a bad bunch today too and I'm not usually a fan of his

Hibercelona
18-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Said it on another thread, but it's almost like we pick one out of a hat. It seems to be any random player, regardless of how they perform, or don't perform.

But regardless of who gets it, it's always embarassing on days like these. It's the last thing you would want.

Stax
18-01-2014, 07:33 PM
We were discussing who to pick when it was announced, and to a man everyone's reaction was wtf? I thought Stanton when he came on looked our most assured player, great feet and movement and hope he gets more game time. Don't think Harris would've been brought on until last 20 If circumstances were different but he grew into the game as it went on. Can't argue with Collins' 2 goals I suppose..

stoneyburn hibs
18-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Hard to pick a MOM on that performance today although Harris did look more of a threat as the game went on, got a wee bit of amusement from a guy behind me walking out as it was announced, he was doing his dinger at the annoucement of Robertson.

BVB Hibs
18-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Personally thought Stanton was the best man we had on the park today at any point. Always looked the most assured of all the hibs players right through the game. Despite Collins 2 goals and undoubted work rate, I thought he was quite poor today, though I'd obviously rather he scores goals and plays poorly than plays well and doesn't as he hasn't for a while now. Thought Robertson was the best of a bad bunch today really. Couldn't give it to a man who played 45 minutes, and while Harris and Zoubir deserve honourable mentions (thought from the point we had Harris and Zoubir on the wings, Harris improved massively), it's probably a fair call.

HibbySpurs
18-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Guess they had to pick someone.. Not an easy choice going by most of the performances out there today..

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

bigwheel
18-01-2014, 09:11 PM
I'd love someone involved in that to explain their MoM call. Robertson had a mare....Stanton was best of a poor performance. Personally , they should have manned up and gave it to Campbell from St Mirren ...

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Collins was our best player and the Stanton.

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 09:14 PM
I'd love someone involved in that to explain their MoM call. Robertson had a mare....Stanton was best of a poor performance. Personally , they should have manned up and gave it to Campbell from St Mirren ...

Like Johnny said it's all about who the sponsors wanted to meet.

I mind the running joke when we Russell was man of the match every week to the point where everyone was laughing before he was read out.

RIP Bestie
19-01-2014, 02:17 AM
Said it on another thread, but it's almost like we pick one out of a hat. It seems to be any random player, regardless of how they perform, or don't perform.

But regardless of who gets it, it's always embarassing on days like these. It's the last thing you would want.
Picked by the sponsors representatives who have sat getting merrily pi**ed since about midday and who mostly know naff all about football but are just there for the freebies

Twa Cairpets
19-01-2014, 07:07 AM
Picked by the sponsors representatives who have sat getting merrily pi**ed since about midday and who mostly know naff all about football but are just there for the freebies

Jealous much?
I've been a guest of sponsors maybe 4 or 5 times at games at ER and elsewhere. Guys there are, for the. Most part, fitba guys who've had the opportunity of a free meal and a few drinks. Your statement reek sof inverse snobbery. FWIW, Robbo tried hard all day in a game with no obvious candidates, so was as good a choice as any.

People booing the announcement of MOTM really need to have a perspective check. Sad.

Leith Green
19-01-2014, 07:16 AM
Jealous much?
I've been a guest of sponsors maybe 4 or 5 times at games at ER and elsewhere. Guys there are, for the. Most part, fitba guys who've had the opportunity of a free meal and a few drinks. Your statement reek sof inverse snobbery. FWIW, Robbo tried hard all day in a game with no obvious candidates, so was as good a choice as any.

People booing the announcement of MOTM really need to have a perspective check. Sad.

Robertson looked weak and was constantly bullied off the ball, this happened in the build up to at least one of the goals we conceded.. Robertson looks like he could be a player , but not as he is being used and definitley not with Craig beside him as a pairing..

Sorry but today was as bad as Robertson has played since last season

Brightside
19-01-2014, 08:04 AM

All 3 you mention were terrible.

Tyler Durden
19-01-2014, 08:09 AM
All 3 you mention were terrible.

Agreed, all abysmal. I don't think Butcher did Robertson any favours when he changed the tactics to 5 in midfield. Robertson is totally lost in that more advanced role.

Stevenson toiled at LB and Nelson seemed to struggle to adapt to being the left centre back too. Would like to see it again but they seemed equally culpable for the 2nd goal.

Only players deserving credit for me were Stanton and Forster. Also thought the tactical switch went against Cummings who hadn't started too badly.