PDA

View Full Version : The young ones

theonlywayisup
18-01-2014, 07:06 PM
I thought that for much of the game Harris was poor. Never got into the game, pulled out of challenges, poor passes etc. I began to wonder whether the praise we gave him last season was too much. Afterall, he was also poor in the Malmo game.

However, in second half, I thought he played much better. Got down the wing a few times and sent good crosses into the box. Also, a good corner for the first goal. Plus a good shot, well saved.

Give him a couple of more games and I think he will be a big player for us.

Also thought Stanton looked good when he came on. Again, good crosses, some good passes and a good shot.

With them and Forster doing well the future should be good. Also think that once Cummings gets one goal, I think he will get many.

dmc1875
18-01-2014, 07:08 PM
I thought that for much of the game Harris was poor. Never got into the game, pulled out of challenges, poor passes etc. I began to wonder whether the praise we gave him last season was too much. Afterall, he was also poor in the Malmo game.

However, in second half, I thought he played much better. Got down the wing a few times and sent good crosses into the box. Also, a good corner for the first goal. Plus a good shot, well saved.

Also thought Stanton looked good when he came on. Again, good crosses, some good passes and a good shot.

With them and Forster doing well the future should be good. Also think that once Cummings gets one goal, I think he will get many.

Think the only positives today really apart from Collins were the youngsters especially Stanton who looked good when he came on.

Harris took a bit of time to get going but second half was much better.

Forster to me looked dodgy at CB think he is best played at RB

snooky
18-01-2014, 07:18 PM

Agree 100%.

AH got rid of the ball as soon as he received it in the first half. TBH, I thought he looked scared.
After Shrek was subbed, I think Alex felt more at ease and played much better as a consequence knowing the big bad ogre had gone for good.

I also like the look of Cummings, Forster & Stanton.
I'd prefer to encourage the likes of them rather than waste time & money on below average, second-hand journeymen. (Take your pick from the like of many we've signed in the past).

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Was impressed with Stanton when he came on, hes a good player and lad. Was in my year at school.

thebakerboy
18-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Thought Fosters distribution was a bit dodgy today but otherwise was quite good, but at present time he seems best at RB. Harris did not look match fit and flitted in and out of the game , at present probably best from the bench. Stanton has grown quite a bit since he first appeared on the bench a year or so ago and needs to fill out but was quite impressive playing in the hole behind Collins. I think over the next few years these three with Cummings , Handling and Caldwell we may have an excellent attacking force and a good defender.

ManBearPig
18-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Agreed young guns looked firey and exciting if a bit impetuous but thats what we need at the moment!

Nakedmanoncrack
18-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Harris was poor, but clearly not fully fit and there was no intention to have him playing as long as he did. Give him a chance.

down-the-slope
18-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Harris was poor, but clearly not fully fit and there was no intention to have him playing as long as he did. Give him a chance.

Harsh - it was obvious and understandable first half that he pulled out of a few 50/50 tackles. This should not be a surprise when a broken leg resulted from a shockin tackle on him putting him out for so long..

His confidence will return if he is given time and slack by us fans as you point out yourself. His pace and crossing as seen in bits second half and will be like a new signing after 5/6 matches. also was looking to take and make passes all the time - something else we have missed

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Terry complimentary about the youngsters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTpsy-wRo4Y&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw&feature=c4-overview

Brightside
18-01-2014, 09:37 PM

Boozy just needs games now.. he played loads of balls into midfield expecting runners...but they were too static. he ran back really well in the 2nd half..but we need him doing it upfront...supporting the front two. Harris, Cummings, Stanton will all be great players for us...

Pretty Boy
18-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Think Stanton deserves a start pretty soon.

Maybe not ready to be a regular but thought he was decent today and has looked lively the last 2 or 3 times I've seen him.

VivaHiberņa
19-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Wasn't at the game but watching the highlights from not-so-sunny Aberdeen Stanton looked class. With Robertson suspended vs Celtc he's a shoe in for a well-deserved start.

Was impressed with Stanton when he came on, hes a good player and lad. Was in my year at school.

Do you mind if I ask who you are? I'm Duncan, the specky guy who was in the year above you :greengrin

Leishy1995
19-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Stanton will hopefully break out soon, Harris regains irn. Forster continues his form at right back.

Cummings, one goal he'll be good. You have to remember this time last year, unlike any of the players mentioned prior to his name, he was playing against me for hutchie Vale

erin go bragh
19-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Stanton will hopefully break out soon, Harris regains irn. Forster continues his form at right back.

Cummings, one goal he'll be good. You have to remember this time last year, unlike any of the players mentioned prior to his name, he was playing against me for hutchie Vale

Agree with Stanton and Harris but i think Cummings should be getting the last 20 mins , as he looks out of his depth when starting games .
Heffernan is a proven goal scorer and imo should have started the game on Saturday . Now before i get pelters , i like Cummings but just feel he is getting thrown in a the deep end .

Ggtth

number9dream
19-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Think Stanton deserves a start pretty soon.

Maybe not ready to be a regular but thought he was decent today and has looked lively the last 2 or 3 times I've seen him.

Think he's worth a start next weekend as a fifth midfielder at the expense of Cummings. Give him a free role getting close to Collins, although it will be tough going against Celtic.