PDA

View Full Version : Terry not happy

Hedlund12
18-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Anyone hear Terry speak to Steve Cowan? Radio forth sports. ..just heard him reporting that Terry had used words "shambolic, terrible and worst performance he'd ever seen at any club he's been at." Also first half performance indicated to him that some players are not good enough to play for the club. Sounds like they are in for a hell of a training session on Monday!
Here's me thinking they redeemed themselves a wee bit in the second half!! Heard MM (rightly) going mental too....

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Great. Get them emptied Terry.

Nakedmanoncrack
Every reason to be upset, and worth thinking that enjoyable though it has been watching the teams below us hasten the inevitable for the doomed, maybe we need to have a look at our own position. Only 8 pts clear of the playoff place having played a game more than everyone else. As others strengthen & improve we get served up a truly woeful display today. With Celtic up next, we should be very concerned in my opinion.

zlatan
Cancelled Mondays day off for the players as well.

CallumLaidlaw
18-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Good to hear some honesty from a manager of ours for a change. The honeymoon will well and truly be over for the players in TB's eyes.

GlasgowHibee
18-01-2014, 05:51 PM

Heard quite a few players were extremely annoyed by that, not naming names. KT.

hibee_girl
18-01-2014, 05:52 PM

Quite right

PeterboroHibee
18-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Whilst Im annoyed with the display/result today, this is only Butchers 11th game in charge, and often these kind of performances are needed so he knows who he can rely on long term.

I had no doubt he would be furious after today (particularly first half), and hopefully that will result in us becoming slightly more active in the transfer window.

Andy74
18-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Anyone hear Terry speak to Steve Cowan? Radio forth sports. ..just heard him reporting that Terry had used word "shambolic, terrible and worst performance he'd ever seen at any club he's been at." Also first half performance indicated to him that some players are not good enough to play for the club. Sounds like they are in for a hell of a training session on Monday!
Here's me thinking they redeemed themselves a wee bit in the second half!! Heard MM (rightly) going mental too....

They are better than St Mirren's players though and have shown that in previous games.

It was a shambles but our central midfield doesn't work. Liam Craig is wasted playing so deep and sending balls up to the centre forward when he should be getting in the box.

The defence wasn't the first choice but hey, that's been the case for the last year at least.

We are obviously very decent at set pieces but from open play it's very poor just now.

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 05:54 PM
They are better than St Mirren's players though and have shown that in previous games.

It was a shambles but our central midfield doesn't work. Liam Craig is wasted playing so deep and sending balls up to the centre forward when he should be getting in the box.

The defence wasn't the first choice but hey, that's been the case for the last year at least.

We are obviously very decent at set pieces but from open play it's very poor just now.

What evidence is there we have better players than them?

Gettin' Auld
18-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Tough ****......

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Tough ****......

This.

Pretty Boy
18-01-2014, 05:56 PM

After a performance like that they should have no complaints.

I, and 9000 others, are extremely annoyed about having to watch the rubbish that lot served up today.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I keep telling you that Fenlon left us with a bunch of poor players, Butcher has managed to get a wee tune out them at times, just as Fenlon did. But until Butcher clears out quite a few of them, and gets MUCH better quality in certain positions, then we will keep having results like today.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-01-2014, 05:58 PM

That's fine though.The players will be in no doubt that the fans are behind Butcher.

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 05:58 PM
I keep telling you that Fenlon left us with a bunch of poor players, Butcher has managed to get a wee tune out them at times, just as Fenlon did. But until Butcher clears out quite a few of them, and gets MUCH better quality in certain positions, then we will keep having results like today.
Spot on.

offshorehibby
18-01-2014, 06:01 PM
He was saying they were going to be off on Monday but not now. Hanlon out for about 3 weeks and McGivern not looking good.

Emerald
18-01-2014, 06:03 PM

Agree 100%, there's only so much polishing a turd can take

inglisavhibs
18-01-2014, 06:18 PM
That's pretty much spot on. We missed Hanlon today with no left centre back and having to move Forster in to play beside Nelson. McGivern's injury left us with two fullbacks who unfortunately cost us all three goals. That's not the real problem though, our midfield is slow and ponderous and lack anY pace whatsoever. It was noticeable when Stanton and Harris started getting the ball around the box how much more dangerous we looked. Thats's the positive from today, we look like we have few younsters who can make the step up to first team football. Forster apart from trying to play a bit too much football at the end(understandable) was really good again and should be a big player for us in the coming years.

loanheadhibby
18-01-2014, 06:28 PM

note to terry and mo - get rid of most of the dross or you will end up like every other recent manager. Maybury, cairney, Stevenson, Robertson and Collins not good enough to wear that jersey.

Onion
18-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Anyone hear Terry speak to Steve Cowan? Radio forth sports. ..just heard him reporting that Terry had used word "shambolic, terrible and worst performance he'd ever seen at any club he's been at." Also first half performance indicated to him that some players are not good enough to play for the club. Sounds like they are in for a hell of a training session on Monday!

Wow, a Hibs manager who has standards that are higher than the crap we've all had to suffer for the last 7 seasons. Just got to hope that TB can walk the talk, and that RP backs his latest managerial pick.

Elephant Stone
18-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Why didn't he change the set up? Long balls to an isolated James Collins wasn't working in open play, there was no one to link up with in sight and he was getting battered by their center halves. He can be as angry as he wants with the team but the set up was failing blatantly and he never changed it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2014, 06:31 PM
note to terry and mo - get rid of most of the dross or you will end up like every other recent manager. Maybury, cairney, Stevenson, Robertson and Collins not good enough to wear that jersey.

Harsh on Robertson, he's been really good this season IMO.

FitbaFolkKen
18-01-2014, 06:31 PM
What evidence is there we have better players than them?

We were 8 points clear of them in the league prior to the game? We beat them 2-0 at home and drew 0-0 away.

SaulGoodman
18-01-2014, 06:32 PM

This is the Collins that scored two today? And the Stevenson who just recently was getting MOM every week?

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 06:32 PM
We were 8 points clear of them in the league prior to the game? We beat them 2-0 at home and drew 0-0 away.

They have vastly improved and I would bet on them finishing above us if we keep the same side.

FitbaFolkKen
18-01-2014, 06:33 PM

Disagree with Robertson and Collins

CallumLaidlaw

So Stevenson has probably been our best player since butcher came
In. But 1 bad game due to being forced into a position that's not his favoured one, and he's not good enough???? And I just wish the rest of our players put the effort in that Collins did.

SaulGoodman
Why didn't he change the set up? Long balls to an isolated James Collins wasn't working in open play, there was no one to link up with in sight and he was getting battered by their center halves. He can be as angry as he wants with the team but the set up was failing blatantly and he never changed it.

He did change it though, he made subs at HT, changed the style of play and we scored two, were denied a stonewall penalty too

tamig

Deary me...

hibbysam
18-01-2014, 06:34 PM

Maybury isn't there as first choice... But he does a job when relied upon... Robertson is one of our better players although he had an off day today which everyone is entitled to... And Collins scored 2 today and 3 in 4 games... Stevenson had been really good at left midfield but situations dictated he had to be moved back and had no help at all!

California-Hibs
18-01-2014, 06:35 PM
They have vastly improved and I would bet on them finishing above us if we keep the same side.

I bet you they wont.

Elephant Stone
18-01-2014, 06:35 PM
He did change it though, he made subs at HT, changed the style of play and we scored two, were denied a stonewall penalty too

It was still all long ball to Collins who had nobody in sight to knock it down to. Cummings and then Zoubir were always far too far away to help him out.

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 06:36 PM
I bet you they wont.

It won't happen anyway as we will bring in players. They where miles better than us today and in the away match.

Andy74
18-01-2014, 06:37 PM

You don't think much of Butcher as manager then?

He surely has some role to play? If he takes us from where we were to beneath St Mirren that's not ideal. :wink:

SaulGoodman
18-01-2014, 06:38 PM
It was still all long ball to Collins who had nobody in sight to knock it down to. Cummings and then Zoubir were always far too far away to help him out.

I felt we sat off them too much in the first half, the long ball tactic doesn't work when you give them time.

Second half we still played it to Collins, but kept the pressure on to win the second ball, which got its rewards.

LeithBoozy
18-01-2014, 06:45 PM
He was not happy with our display against the sheep molesters either, that did not help us much today. :confused:

Tom Hart RIP
18-01-2014, 06:50 PM
TB said we only had 6 subs as some players were injured and others didn't deserve a place on a Hibs bench.
Noticed KT in stand along with Paul Hanlon and Danny Handling who are both injured.
Didn't see tim Clancy, Tom Taiwo or Rowan Vine.

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 06:51 PM
You don't think much of Butcher as manager then?

He surely has some role to play? If he takes us from where we were to beneath St Mirren that's not ideal. :wink:

I have 100% faith in our manager and I believe he will bring in a couple of players to get rid of some of Paddys dross.

Who's to say we will be in a worse position anyway? Mirren could easily finish top of the bottom 6.

GreenArmyyy!
18-01-2014, 06:52 PM

Can't believe you included Collins in that. Wouldn't be getting rid of Stevenson or Robertson either.

Basildon Hibs
18-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Anyone hear Terry speak to Steve Cowan? Radio forth sports. ..just heard him reporting that Terry had used words "shambolic, terrible and worst performance he'd ever seen at any club he's been at." Also first half performance indicated to him that some players are not good enough to play for the club. Sounds like they are in for a hell of a training session on Monday!

Why wait until Monday? Get the useless *******s in tomorrow at 9AM, sharp !!:devil:

Steve-O
18-01-2014, 06:53 PM

The annoyed ones should take the day off, and not come back.

Hermit Crab
18-01-2014, 07:00 PM

Fenlon would never have had the minerals to do that. Good on him.

dmc1875
18-01-2014, 07:01 PM

Away! Amazing how people change. Stevensons been playing well, Collins has 3 goals in 4, Robertson has been best midfielder this season.

What are you smoking?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Wants to get 1 or 2 signings done this week he said.

loanheadhibby
18-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Can't believe you included Collins in that. Wouldn't be getting rid of Stevenson or Robertson either.

hibs fans accept mediocrity. It's always been like that. I just don't fancy Collins. Granted scored a couple recently but not convinced. He tries hard, that's a minimum I'd expect. Stevenson again tries hard and would never fault him for effort but he should not get a game for hibs cos he lacks ability. I've never seen Robertson have a good game. I think he has something but when does he show it? Maybury was found out today. Should not be anywhere near a 1st team jersey, says everything about the club that he is. Hibs is not a charity.

watch Cummings next week. He needs 4 touches to control the ball.

O'Rourke3
That's pretty much spot on. We missed Hanlon today with no left centre back and having to move Forster in to play beside Nelson. McGivern's injury left us with two fullbacks who unfortunately cost us all three goals. That's not the real problem though, our midfield is slow and ponderous and lack anY pace whatsoever. It was noticeable when Stanton and Harris started getting the ball around the box how much more dangerous we looked. Thats's the positive from today, we look like we have few younsters who can make the step up to first team football. Forster apart from trying to play a bit too much football at the end(understandable) was really good again and should be a big player for us in the coming years.

I'll give you the goals came down the flanks but Maybury had no cover for the runner and Campbell got a free one two because none of the midfield tracked back and the centres were slow to close. People with Campbell's speed are hard to defend against in the penalty box. Poor team performance not down to the usual suspects.

Hermit Crab

Utter Bollox have a word wi yerself

SaulGoodman
18-01-2014, 07:04 PM
hibs fans accept mediocrity. It's always been like that. I just don't fancy Collins. Granted scored a couple recently but not convinced. He tries hard, that's a minimum I'd expect. Stevenson again tries hard and would never fault him for effort but he should not get a game for hibs cos he lacks ability. I've never seen Robertson have a good game. I think he has something but when does he show it? Maybury was found out today. Should not be anywhere near a 1st team jersey, says everything about the club that he is. Hibs is not a charity.

Wow

lucky
18-01-2014, 07:07 PM

What a lot of *****. Collins scored 2 and ran his heart out. Stevenson again was arguably our best player. Robertson has a decent season. Marbury is squad player. FFS what an over the top reaction

weonlywon6-2
18-01-2014, 07:09 PM

Sums it up exactly

HibbyAndy
18-01-2014, 07:10 PM

Nonsense.

GreenArmyyy!
18-01-2014, 07:14 PM

I was willing to accept most of your post as a fair opinion but saying you have never seen Robertson have a good game is ludacris.

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2014, 07:15 PM

You won't find many people (apart from Andy74 !) disagreeing!

NorthNorfolkHFC
18-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Am I right in saying griffiths was in the tunnel today?

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

hibee_girl
18-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Am I right in saying griffiths was in the tunnel today?

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

Could see him standing in the tunnel at half time, thought they'd brought him out to do the happy hibee draw again but then he disappeared.

Andy74
18-01-2014, 07:19 PM
You won't find many people (apart from Andy74 !) disagreeing!

So we are back to the players being awful this week I see.

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 07:20 PM

Are they not like?

judas
18-01-2014, 07:21 PM
For me Collins was very decent today. 100% effort and deserved goals.

He takes some really ******* balls and manages to somehow control and distribute them.

I like the guy. Our best player today by far.

For me Harris and Cummings need to step up to the plate very fast. They looked poor and lacking interest today.

Hibercelona
18-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Could see him standing in the tunnel at half time, thought they'd brought him out to do the happy hibee draw again but then he disappeared.

To be fair to him, I don't think there were any happy hibees at half time, including himself.

SaulGoodman
18-01-2014, 07:22 PM

For once, I agree with what you mean in your post :greengrin

E10 Rifle
18-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Whilst Im annoyed with the display/result today, this is only Butchers 11th game in charge, and often these kind of performances are needed so he knows who he can rely on long term.

I had no doubt he would be furious after today (particularly first half), and hopefully that will result in us becoming slightly more active in the transfer window.

This.

Would rather have a performance like this during January when something can be done about it than after Feb 1st. We are a long way off and for me today made the decision to free KT even more baffling.:confused:

Hermit Crab
18-01-2014, 07:28 PM

Even though the wolves game was called off do you think he'd have time to get to ER today?? Not in the squad maybe?

sixtwo
18-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Terry should take a look in the mirror before slating some of the players. His tactics seem to be kick and rush. He may be regretting telling 4 players they are not in his plans before fully assessing what he has or what he can get.

i thought Cairney deserves to be singled out for his complete lack of desire. I also think Cummings has had sufficient opportunity to impress and has not taken his chance. A spell back at the u-20S or on loan is maybe in order for him.

I think we missed Hanlon today and I hope he and McGivern are back next week

carnoustiehibee
18-01-2014, 07:30 PM

He takes some really ******* balls and manages to somehow control and distribute them.

For me Harris and Cummings need to step up to the plate very fast. They looked poor and lacking interest today.

Don't let Collins 2 goal disguise the fact that his first touch is ****ing awful

Elephant Stone
18-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Terry should take a look in the mirror before slating some of the players. His tactics seem to be kick and rush. He may be regretting telling 4 players they are not in his plans before fully assessing what he has or what he can get.

i thought Cairney deserves to be singled out for his complete lack of desire. I also think Cummings has had sufficient opportunity to impress and has not taken his chance. A spell back at the u-20S or on loan is maybe in order for him.

Totally agree. The difference between him and Collins was incredible. Poor performances can be excused but lack of desire never can, he lacks desire far too often.

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2014, 07:34 PM

I wasn't at the game today so can't comment on today's performance.

However I have consistently said that FENLON'S players are average at best. Terry has at least managed to give us hope of a top 6 finish, but with the squad Fenlon left us with it is hard work.

I trust Butcher to clear them out over time.

Fenlon was a failure and you just can't seem to accept that.

Are you still saying that Edwin De Graaf is a great player?!?!

My_Wife_Camille
18-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Terry not happy for fans Heebs

Aldo
18-01-2014, 07:37 PM

Really!!!

GordonHFC
18-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Cairney is awful. Everytime they attacked he would trot back and mark empty space. No wonder he was hooked at half time.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-01-2014, 07:38 PM
This is the Collins that scored two today? And the Stevenson who just recently was getting MOM every week?

Give him a break he loaned the head off the wrong dude today ;)

edit: sorry it appears it may predate today...

Aldo
18-01-2014, 07:40 PM
hibs fans accept mediocrity. It's always been like that. I just don't fancy Collins. Granted scored a couple recently but not convinced. He tries hard, that's a minimum I'd expect. Stevenson again tries hard and would never fault him for effort but he should not get a game for hibs cos he lacks ability. I've never seen Robertson have a good game. I think he has something but when does he show it? Maybury was found out today. Should not be anywhere near a 1st team jersey, says everything about the club that he is. Hibs is not a charity. watch Cummings next week. He needs 4 touches to control the ball.

^^^^^^^^ This is just unbelievable. I really don't know what to say. Where have you been for the last few years. Really

Viva_Palmeiras
18-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Even though the wolves game was called off do you think he'd have time to get to ER today?? Not in the squad maybe?

Tweeted last night when some yam dunt tweeted he was in Wagamamas. He was up for the game according to himself.

Heisenberg
18-01-2014, 07:43 PM
The team Fenlon built and instructed was unbalanced and slow. Butcher isn't a miracle worker and can't change it all at once. We have a pretty average squad which shows in the league position. Couple of injuries to key players and we look very weak. If we add a couple of decent players in key areas we may push for a higher finish than 6th/7th. I'm happy he knows what isn't acceptable and I'm certain he'll sort it out.

judas
18-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Don't let Collins 2 goal disguise the fact that his first touch is ****ing awful

I don't think you read my post fully mate.

I think his touch is decent, he does well to deal with some of the dross he gets from midfield.

Seekyit
18-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Terry's not the only who's no happy then. We missed Hanlon for sure and McGivern going off didn't help. I thought Robertson and Craig were poor today - Craig seemed to launch it a lot.

Thought Harris looked good despite what someone said earlier. That's the best I've seen of Stanton.

hibees 7062
18-01-2014, 07:49 PM

Wow

sixtwo
18-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Terry's not the only who's no happy then. We missed Hanlon for sure and McGivern going off didn't help. I thought Robertson and Craig were poor today - Craig seemed to launch it a lot.

Thought Harris looked good despite what someone said earlier. That's the best I've seen of Stanton.

Stanton probably deserves a start after his performance. He was composed and made the right pass more often than not.

FitbaFolkKen
18-01-2014, 07:52 PM

Thats your opinion, you asked for evidence. To be honest I think you are wrong.

SaulGoodman
18-01-2014, 07:55 PM
"That was one of the most wretched 45 minutes I have seen from one of my teams," Butcher said.
"That was absolutely abysmal and there were a few choice words at half-time.
"It tells me the squad depth isn't there. We only had six subs because some were injured and I felt others didn't deserve to be on the bench.
"There's a few players in the first half whose performances said to me 'I'm not good enough gaffer, get someone else in'.
"I can't do that in January, but I'll bloody well do that in the summer. That was not acceptable. That was awful.
"They were going to have Monday off, but I've got them in now and I'm going to work them hard.
"It's baffling as to where that performance came from."
St Mirren manager Lennon, meanwhile, believes Jim Goodwin is being unfairly singled out by referees.
Lennon, who substituted his captain in the second half after he had picked up a booking, added: "I really fear for Jim in terms of his career. There is certainly a lot being put upon him at this moment in time. He's handled it the best way he can."
However, he added: "There is certainly differences happening there. He is no angel and no saint and he has brought a lot upon him himself."

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2014, 07:58 PM

Well said Terry!

tamig
18-01-2014, 08:00 PM

All I can say to that is you've not been to many games this season or you spend all your time shuttling between the bookie, the bog and the pie stall. Or maybe you're just not a football man?

dmc1875
18-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Cairney is awful. Everytime they attacked he would trot back and mark empty space. No wonder he was hooked at half time.

No desire today for some reason

dmc1875
18-01-2014, 08:04 PM

My word.

tamig
18-01-2014, 08:10 PM
I'll give you the goals came down the flanks but Maybury had no cover for the runner and Campbell got a free one two because none of the midfield tracked back and the centres were slow to close. People with Campbell's speed are hard to defend against in the penalty box. Poor team performance not down to the usual suspects.
This.
The wide midfielders need to work with the fullbacks to provide a bit of cover. When McGivern went off, Lewis was left defending that whole side on his own - absolutely no cover from midfield. The message obviously got through at half time but the damage was done by then.

HFC 0-7
18-01-2014, 08:11 PM

Collins work rate is fantastic but he is a bit slow, IMO, butcher needs to tell him to stop running about so much, he isn't a player that can take a ball 30 yards out skin a guy and shoot. Needs to be selfish and just try and be around the box.

Cummings will ill be good if he gets a decent experienced forward to play with, Harris IMO shouldn't be anywhere near the first team just now. Needs full games with reserves, or whatever it is now, and brought in slowly.

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 08:11 PM

Your first post I just accepted as the sort of arsey bollox you get on here from time to time.

Your second one is just total bollox

gringojoe
18-01-2014, 08:18 PM

I'd have them at East Mains at 9 tomorrow morning too.

NorthNorfolkHFC
18-01-2014, 08:28 PM

Signing then?

SaulGoodman
18-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Yous lot are as bad as me :greengrin

loanheadhibby
18-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Your first post I just accepted as the sort of arsey bollox you get on here from time to time.

Your second one is just total bollox

i note most responses as everyone entitled to their own opinion. If you were picking your best hibs team ever, would any of the players I mention be in it? Why do we accept mediocre players with open arms. When any of these players leave hibs, who will go on to play at a higher level?

for goodness sake, we are 7th in one of the worst leagues in Europe. With this group of players we will possibly get 6th at a push. I will never accept that.

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 08:35 PM
i note most responses as everyone entitled to their own opinion. If you were picking your best hibs team ever, would any of the players I mention be in it? Why do we accept mediocre players with open arms. When any of these players leave hibs, who will go on to play at a higher level?

for goodness sake, we are 7th in one of the worst leagues in Europe. With this group of players we will possibly get 6th at a push. I will never accept that.

I'm with you in the 'we want better' camp but we ain't gonna sign five or six better players anytime soon.

loanheadhibby
18-01-2014, 08:39 PM
All I can say to that is you've not been to many games this season or you spend all your time shuttling between the bookie, the bog and the pie stall. Or maybe you're just not a football man?

I was at the exact same games as terry butcher. "These guys said to me today, I'm not good enough, get someone else in".

Maybe be terry and I were watching game more closely than you?

tamig
18-01-2014, 08:44 PM
I was at the exact same games as terry butcher. "These guys said to me today, I'm not good enough, get someone else in".

Maybe be terry and I were watching game more closely than you?
Did Terry say that today??

You must have been missing in action then when Scott Robertson was playing consistently well for us earlier this season.

inglisavhibs
18-01-2014, 08:48 PM

Rubbish,for the second goal Stevenson was with Campbell in the corner when he plays it inside, and when the return comes Stevenson was behind him. Lewis's reaction told you he knew he was to blame. For the third goal he was one for one with Campbell and couldn't stop the cross., one of the important attributes of any defender. Maybury who again put in a good shift didn't have the legs to stop the cross for the first goal. Again it was a one on one. I do agree that Cairney just doesn't have the legs to play wide in a midfield and can't get up and down the park. He was rightly hooked at half time.

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Rubbish,for the second goal Stevenson was with Campbell in the corner when he plays it inside, and when the return comes Stevenson was behind him. Lewis's reaction told you he knew he was to blame. For the third goal he was one for one with Campbell and couldn't stop the cross., one of the important attributes of any defender. Maybury who again put in a good shift didn't have the legs to stop the cross for the first goal. Again it was a one on one. I do agree that Cairney just doesn't have the legs to play wide in a midfield and can't get up and down the park. He was rightly hooked at half time.

I'm a big fan of Lewis (shock horror :greengrin) and I often defend him when I feel he is being unfairly blamed for errors but I have to agree that for their second goal he was caught out and as you say, he knew it. I would add however that he got no support from the midfield who failed to track the run of the goal scorer

tamig
18-01-2014, 08:51 PM

And Harris was nowhere to be seen when Stevenson was trying to deal with Campbell.

loanheadhibby
18-01-2014, 08:52 PM

You must have been missing in action then when Scott Robertson was playing consistently well for us earlier this season.

thats exactly what terry said and I agree.

3 goals down to st mirren who had not won for 5 games. Robertson and Craig doing an invisible man act in middle of the park. Do you really see a player like Robertson turning us into a top 3 or 4 side? I'm to be convinced but time will tell.

Boyle89
18-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Terry not happy for fans Heebs

Haha cheered me up a bit :)

edwards
18-01-2014, 09:00 PM

Maybury at the end of his career but thought he was decent today
Cairney keeps losing control of the ball giving it to oposition could be for the off as well.
Stevenson poor when moved to left back Adam Campbell ripped him up for ass paper
Robertson was below par today and hope he gave his man of the match to Collins as he covered every blade of grass on the park and got a couple of goals.

Get over it just a ***** performance.

Expecting Rain
18-01-2014, 09:00 PM

Glad you and Andy74 are on this board to keep the rest of us right.:not worth

edwards
18-01-2014, 09:02 PM
And Harris was nowhere to be seen when Stevenson was trying to deal with Campbell.

It was his job to deal with campbell.:agree:

inglisavhibs
18-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Not arguing with that, but if Stevenson stays goal side there is no goal. I am not having a go at Lewis, just stating facts. I thought he did quite well in the second half but the horse had bolted.

edwards
18-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Lewis's reaction told you he knew he was to blame.

Spot on he knew he had been made a fool of.

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 09:07 PM
It was his job to deal with campbell.:agree:

To be fair, Adam Campbell was outstanding today and a real handful for whoever faced him up

edwards
18-01-2014, 09:15 PM
To be fair, Adam Campbell was outstanding today and a real handful for whoever faced him up

Agree very nippy wee player who has good feet and crosses a good ball. another one for the possible list Terry. :agree:

O'Rourke3
18-01-2014, 09:16 PM

Rubbish eh? I'll leave that to interpretation. Playing a pacey winger with no support of course he's disappointed to lose a goal. My interpretation is that the team lost the goal it wasn't down to an individual but it's easy to blame who was closest.

Sent from my brain via Tapatalk

Uphall Hibby
18-01-2014, 09:33 PM
To be fair TB probably is getting the best out of a bad bunch. That said its only him and Petrie that can improve the quality of the squad. He admits its not good enough but says hes never been one for spending money. Hes no longer at a two bob club attracting 4 or 5k fans. The potential is there to pull the fans back but the present squad has its limits. Its a big gamble waiting until the last day or 2 of the window. Chances are we get left with the dross that couldnt find a club. Absolutely anyone can try but you have to have talent to deliver quality football!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

AndyB_70
18-01-2014, 09:52 PM
I think he got the back 4 setup completely wrong today. McGivern should have been moved to centre half with Lewis dropping back.

Jonnyboy
18-01-2014, 10:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTpsy-wRo4Y&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw&feature=c4-overview

Brightside
18-01-2014, 10:26 PM

Agreed. But he had a shocker today. The MotM award was a total joke. They should have shown some balls and not awarded it.

Brightside
18-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Butcher is spot on again. Senior squad need to have long hard look tonight and they better work their ass off on monday. You can see he wants players i just don't think we'll get them till end of season. time to work hard and try for top 6. We will really struggle with Paul out for 3 weeks.

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 10:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTpsy-wRo4Y&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw&feature=c4-overview

I love that man. I wanted the interview to go on for ages too.

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Butcher is spot on again. Senior squad need to have long hard look tonight and they better work their ass off on monday. You can see he wants players i just don't think we'll get them till end of season. time to work hard and try for top 6. We will really struggle with Paul out for 3 weeks.

Hanlon is out for one league game it's all good.

SaulGoodman
18-01-2014, 10:56 PM

"He'll be stiff and sore this week, but so will a few others from the running we'll give them" :tee hee:

Edit: Looking forward to that FA Cup game TB was talking about

cleanyman
18-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Naming 6 subs

Smert.

SMAXXA
18-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Naming 6 subs

Smert.

Recon we should to Greetin to the SFA......*******S hate us

seanshow
18-01-2014, 11:29 PM

or the fact in the first half he was given a yard start by a rotund defender with a beard and lost the race over 10 yrds.

SaulGoodman
18-01-2014, 11:34 PM
or the fact in the first half he was given a yard start by a rotund defender with a beard and lost the race over 10 yrds.

And then scored two and almost got us a draw

JimBHibees
19-01-2014, 09:53 AM
What a lot of *****. Collins scored 2 and ran his heart out. Stevenson again was arguably our best player. Robertson has a decent season. Marbury is squad player. FFS what an over the top reaction

He was culpable massively for goals 2 and 3.

Judas Iscariot
19-01-2014, 09:55 AM
The fact we're still paying KT but refuse to put him on the bench is pathetic IMO

judas
19-01-2014, 09:57 AM
The fact we're still paying KT but refuse to put him on the bench is pathetic IMO

How do you know it's pathetic?

Do you work with him every day on the training pitch?

Hibercelona
19-01-2014, 09:58 AM
He was culpable massively for goals 2 and 3.

I bet he wasn't.

Hibercelona
19-01-2014, 10:00 AM

You should be manager. Butcher doesn't have a clue. It's not like he deals with players on a day to day basis like yourself. :wink:

sixtwo
19-01-2014, 10:01 AM
I am baffled by his comments re Jason Cummings!!!! He done well??? Did he hell! everything bounced off him. He never tracked back. His heading was terrible. He should not be near the first team right now. He was like a white Hurtado. Caldwell and Handling must be wondering what's going on. One of the is dropped and the other is sent out to Alloa. Both have contributed far more Han Cummings has. I know the boy has banged them in at U20 level, maybe he needs to go back there for a bit and gain more confidence

Judas Iscariot
How do you know it's pathetic?

Do you work with him every day on the training pitch?

Can't you read?

Heisenberg
I bet he wasn't.

He definitely had a major part to play in their second goal. Could've done with some help from Harris so cant give him all the blame.

judas
19-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Can't you read?

Can't you get your own screen name?

spike220
19-01-2014, 10:51 AM
I am baffled by his comments re Jason Cummings!!!! He done well??? Did he hell! everything bounced off him. He never tracked back. His heading was terrible. He should not be near the first team right now. He was like a white Hurtado. Caldwell and Handling must be wondering what's going on. One of the is dropped and the other is sent out to Alloa. Both have contributed far more Han Cummings has. I know the boy has banged them in at U20 level, maybe he needs to go back there for a bit and gain more confidence

As a youth team coach myself, I can fully understand why he said what he did. He knows he has a hell of a lot to learn but also needs to nurture his confidence, TB will give him some work-ons and manage his player as he sees fit, which may mean more U20 work but still keep on the fringes not to destroy his confidence.

AK86
19-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Can we finally now put to bed the myth that our previous joke of a manager left us with a decent squad?
Nelson for example is no better than a first division player. His distribution is embarrassing Honestly, there's guys in the pub could do what he does.

How can someone who was deemed not good enough for st Johnstone 2 years ago still get a game for Hibs?
what a mess

Jim44
19-01-2014, 10:59 AM

Whatever the reason, Butcher doesn't rate KT enough to play him. Are you suggesting that, for that reason he shouldn't receive his contracted salary? Pathetic it may seem to you but that's life.

NAE NOOKIE
19-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Let down by our defending today in every area of the pitch. But the players showed great attitude in the 2nd half to try and pull it back.

I thought Collins was excellent yesterday and tried his heart out, that and 2 goals made him MOM for me .. I dont know what else he could have given. Stanton looks a super wee player and cant be far off a starting place, especially if Cairney continues to play like he did yesterday.

There is little doubt we need some new blood in the team, but I would prefer not to see any panic transfers this window. If it wasnt for the Scottish cup I would be happy to see us wait until the summer.

Onwards and upwards.

Mikey09
19-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Can we finally now put to bed the myth that our previous joke of a manager left us with a decent squad?
Nelson for example is no better than a first division player. His distribution is embarrassing Honestly, there's guys in the pub could do what he does.

How can someone who was deemed not good enough for st Johnstone 2 years ago still get a game for Hibs?
what a mess

Who are these guys in the pub?? Whats there names?? E-mail Terry Butcher, Im sure he'll be interested....

greenpaper55
19-01-2014, 11:30 AM
I had a bad feeling about yesterdays game as thought the players had it won even before they went on the pitch, there was to much talk leading up to the game which sounded like all was well and sorted which it clearly isn't. On paper we had a good chance of a win but you could say the same for Dundee united and Aberdeen yesterday and look what happened ! There will be a few more knocks before the season is out but things will change for the better in the long run.

AK86
19-01-2014, 11:40 AM
S
Who are these guys in the pub?? Whats there names?? E-mail Terry Butcher, Im sure he'll be interested....
No, because it's better players we need. Not the same dross.
what do you think of Nelson?
he can attack a ball in the air. That's it, the guys murder.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Glad you and Andy74 are on this board to keep the rest of us right.:not worth

Ignore him, its me that's always right.

Mikey09
19-01-2014, 11:55 AM
S
No, because it's better players we need. Not the same dross.
what do you think of Nelson?
he can attack a ball in the air. That's it, the guys murder.

I think Terry said the defence was not a problem. Quite a few on hear have been singing big Nelson's praises since he came in. Think its been said also that Nelson, as well as the new manager, has been great for Paul Hanlon. To say he is "dross" and "murder" is total and utter nonsense. Our defence has been very good, in general, since Terry took over. One poor game and its finger pointing time?? Stevenson getting it in the neck, Robertson, Nelson and even Jason Cummings FFS!!! I think I will trust our Manager on these guys...... Your entitled to your opinion though... :agree:

Heisenberg
19-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Just seen the goals and Stevenson also gets very easily beaten for the third goal. Should be doing much better. Yesterday just shows how poor we become when a couple of regulars are out. New signings needed this week.

Judas Iscariot
19-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Can't you get your own screen name?

Ahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

edwards
19-01-2014, 12:07 PM

berdeen

Regret I don't think so I didn't want Thompson to sign the second time around slowed us up in midfield with his side way passin, If butcher hadn't changed the tactics in midfield yesterday at half time it might have been six as St Mirren were rippen us up for ass paper, we should have had a penalty which would have gave us a result so his overall tactics weren't that bad :wink:.
As a hibs fan said before in his thread we aren't going to win every game, Cairney had a disaster but he wasn't the only one, their first goal had a bit of luck about it, the second and third we were taken apart Campbell pullin Stevenson all over the park.
Kick and rush how can he do anything else when we lack decent wide players Cairney blows hot and cold and Harris has just returned thought he got better as the game wnet on and thought Stanton looked comfortable on the ball as well.
I wasn't up at the Aberdeen game but listened to it on the radio and Willie Millar done nothing but praise the hibs defence and couldn't see were Aberdeen could get a goal hold on 25 yards oot eh.
Jesus calm doon FFS

NAE NOOKIE
19-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Regret I don't think so I didn't want Thompson to sign the second time around slowed us up in midfield with his side way passin, If butcher hadn't changed the tactics in midfield yesterday at half time it might have been six as St Mirren were rippen us up for ass paper, we should have had a penalty which would have gave us a result so his overall tactics weren't that bad :wink:.
As a hibs fan said before in his thread we aren't going to win every game, Cairney had a disaster but he wasn't the only one, their first goal had a bit of luck about it, the second and third we were taken apart Campbell pullin Stevenson all over the park.
Kick and rush how can he do anything else when we lack decent wide players Cairney blows hot and cold and Harris has just returned thought he got better as the game wnet on and thought Stanton looked comfortable on the ball as well.
I wasn't up at the Aberdeen game but listened to it on the radio and Willie Millar done nothing but praise the hibs defence and couldn't see were Aberdeen could get a goal hold on 25 yards oot eh.
Jesus calm doon FFS

:top marks

edwards
19-01-2014, 12:14 PM
I think Terry said the defence was not a problem. Quite a few on hear have been singing big Nelson's praises since he came in. Think its been said also that Nelson, as well as the new manager, has been great for Paul Hanlon. To say he is "dross" and "murder" is total and utter nonsense. Our defence has been very good, in general, since Terry took over. One poor game and its finger pointing time?? Stevenson getting it in the neck, Robertson, Nelson and even Jason Cummings FFS!!! I think I will trust our Manager on these guys...... Your entitled to your opinion though... :agree:

Totaly agree now Harris is back we have one decent wide player liked the look of Campbell yesterday.

AlbertK86
19-01-2014, 12:34 PM

You need to get a grip ..... Once this boy gets a couple of goals he'll end up getting plenty over the next few seasons

Caldwell ... Yep scored against Hertz but not got right attitude

Handling had gone off the boil and Terry is doing the right thing. All youngsters need to be rested for periods ..... Very few perform week in week out

Cummings has been doing well ... Just needs the confidence of a goal under his belt

Smartie
19-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Totaly agree now Harris is back we have one decent wide player liked the look of Campbell yesterday.

I think sometimes you have to credit the opposition and Campbell (who I'd never heard of before) tore us to shreds, especially in the first half, but posed us a huge threat throughout.

Also, it's a team game and you have to have players who compliment each other - Campbell hitting the byline, Thompson as a target man and runners coming late from midfield gave us problems. LS and AH may well have done better but they were up against it and improved in the second half.

Hanlon and Nelson as CH's compliment each other well, as do McGivern and Stevenson down the LHS. Take these two players out and we're not just losing individuals but the sum of their parts.

I'm not convinced it's just a case of highlighting individuals who did not play well yesterday and I don't know who Butcher is referring to when he talks about the players not being good enough - Harris aside who has just come into the team, these are the players that have been doing well for him so far.

The Green Goblin
19-01-2014, 01:37 PM
In spite of the result, I was encouraged to hear a Hibs manager saying in no uncertain terms that it wasn't good enough and telling it like it is. He's clearly looking to instill much higher standards and sentiment or anything else won't stand in his way of getting them.

The Green Goblin
19-01-2014, 01:41 PM
I think sometimes you have to credit the opposition and Campbell (who I'd never heard of before) tore us to shreds, especially in the first half, but posed us a huge threat throughout.

Also, it's a team game and you have to have players who compliment each other - Campbell hitting the byline, Thompson as a target man and runners coming late from midfield gave us problems. LS and AH may well have done better but they were up against it and improved in the second half.

Hanlon and Nelson as CH's compliment each other well, as do McGivern and Stevenson down the LHS. Take these two players out and we're not just losing individuals but the sum of their parts.

I'm not convinced it's just a case of highlighting individuals who did not play well yesterday and I don't know who Butcher is referring to when he talks about the players not being good enough - Harris aside who has just come into the team, these are the players that have been doing well for him so far.

Good points. I think however, that TB is looking for the right standard with consistency...every game, not hot and cold. That's what I was really getting at.

Keith_M
19-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Terry not happy
Good, so at least he's on the same page as the rest of us.

I much prefer to hear this kind of talk than, "they're doing fantastic in training, we just need to transfer that to games" or, "it was a bad day at the office".

bingo70
19-01-2014, 02:23 PM
You need to get a grip ..... Once this boy gets a couple of goals he'll end up getting plenty over the next few seasons

Caldwell ... Yep scored against Hertz but not got right attitude

Handling had gone off the boil and Terry is doing the right thing. All youngsters need to be rested for periods ..... Very few perform week in week out

Cummings has been doing well ... Just needs the confidence of a goal under his belt

Handling was never on the boil to get off it. Cummings isn't ready yet but I don't think there's too many other options.

We definately need other options up front, preferably a good number 1/ that'll link the midfield to Collins better.

hibees 7062
19-01-2014, 02:34 PM

what a mess

Who ?

jane_says
19-01-2014, 02:44 PM

After the 2nd and 3rd goals Craig was going absolutely ballistic at Cairney. He just walked off ignoring him. Poor attitude imo, think we'll start to see Harris and Stevenson on the wings in the future

GlenrothesHibee
19-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Who ?

Maybury id imagine

tamig
19-01-2014, 03:10 PM
thats exactly what terry said and I agree.

3 goals down to st mirren who had not won for 5 games. Robertson and Craig doing an invisible man act in middle of the park. Do you really see a player like Robertson turning us into a top 3 or 4 side? I'm to be convinced but time will tell.

Interesting use of quotation marks by you and it wasn't quite what Terry said. What he actually said was "There's a few players in the first half whose performances said to me 'I'm not good enough gaffer, get someone else in.'" That's a bit different to what you implied.

AK86
19-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Who ?
Alan Maybury

truehibernian
19-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Tell you something, Alan Maybury is certainly not the problem at Hibs. Whenever he's been pitched in he has given everything, added to which he is coaching the youngsters, and he lives his life correctly off the pitch.

Jeez anyone criticising AM needs their head examined.

Hermit Crab
19-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Butcher is 100% right to work them hard in training after yesterday. Even the ones that played well. Fly with the crows get shot with the crows.

AK86
19-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Tell you something, Alan Maybury is certainly not the problem at Hibs. Whenever he's been pitched in he has given everything, added to which he is coaching the youngsters, and he lives his life correctly off the pitch.

Maybury is good pro, there's no denying that. He does ok when he plays.
but he is average at best. Hibs are where they are because we have filled the team with mediocre players for years now.
hibs shouldn't have to shop around for st johnstones cast offs for FFS.

EskbankHibee
19-01-2014, 04:27 PM
but he is average at best. Hibs are where they are because we have filled the team with mediocre players for years now.

He's fine as a back up and that's exactly what he is

Aldo
19-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Alan Maybury

Alan Maybury has done well when he has came into the team. Yes he's made mistakes but who hasn't.

He's fine as a back up and that's exactly what he is

Yeah he's back up but needed to play. He's done well when he's played and never let the team down.

truehibernian
19-01-2014, 04:38 PM

But at present it's what we've got at our disposal - I agree we need two new full backs as both cover and competition, but Alan rarely lets the side down and quite often makes crucial tackles when he plays.

There have been way way worse defenders over the years. I think he's been decent each time he's played.

B.H.F.C
19-01-2014, 04:53 PM

I agree with a lot of that. I just think that over his time at the club he's played more games than was probably intended. He played a lot last year including the cup final. Bottom line is that, for me, Alan Maybury isn't the type of player that'll allow us to progress as a team.

Will be interesting to see if Butcher wants to keep him on in the coaching capacity next season.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2014, 05:00 PM

Thats it in a nutshell. :agree:

DC_Hibs
19-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Hibs are where they are because we have filled the team with mediocre players for years now.

Indeed but why stop at Maybury because our team is full of them.

A few decent results around christmas and new year and people turn a blind eye to that.......until the results take a turn for the worse then its hysteria time again.

Hopefully Butcher is anticipating a serious clear out in the summer when most of the changes can take place and start off with some midfielders that can actually play football FFS Tel Boy.

See ya.

Eternal Hibbie
19-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Just how many Butcher signings do we need to finally get around this corner (without fail) that we have been turning for years now ?

Has to be the biggest corner ever in the history of the universe. :confused:

givescotlandfreedom
19-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Tough ****......

I took a holiday day to pay to watch that my heart bleeds for KT.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Just how many Butcher signings do we need to finally get around this corner (without fail) that we have been turning for years now ?

I'd say at least 6 to challenge for top 4.

JimBHibees
19-01-2014, 07:43 PM
I bet he wasn't.

You are joking. Sleeping for the second when Campbell played it inside him and scored totally unmarked from the return pass. Third beaten way too easily to let the guy get a cross in.

Ronniekirk
19-01-2014, 07:46 PM
I'd say at least 6 to challenge for top 4.
I still think we will be top 6 this season with only three signings.and squad that stays fit .(McGivern is already too injury prone for my liking ) Top 4 still seems a quantum leap .the bigger the rebuilding job in the summer the longer it may take,=

Ronniekirk
19-01-2014, 07:49 PM
You are joking. Sleeping for the second when Campbell played it inside him and scored totally unmarked from the return pass. Third beaten way too easily to let the guy get a cross in.
Agree felt embarrassed for him. You could see his frustration but players know how to skin him in that position and no longer think it's fair to play him there as undermines good work done recently with his confidence.when in midfield

Ronniekirk
19-01-2014, 07:53 PM

Unless big tell discovers the secret of Dark Matter ,think we should leave the universe out of the equation just now .basic defending is what we didn't do as a team

Steve20
20-01-2014, 08:37 AM
I still think we will be top 6 this season with only three signings.and squad that stays fit .(McGivern is already too injury prone for my liking ) Top 4 still seems a quantum leap .the bigger the rebuilding job in the summer the longer it may take,=

They'd have to be three real quality signings for us to finish in the top 6. Playing like we did on Saturday, we'll be sliding down the table rather than moving up.

Let's hope Saturday was just a blip and we can start winning games again soon.

down-the-slope
20-01-2014, 09:24 AM

Has to be the biggest corner ever in the history of the universe. :confused:its not a corner...its a roundabout

worcesterhibby
20-01-2014, 10:16 AM

Stevenson, Robertson and Collins are three of our best players.

the ones I would deffo keep are Williams, Forster, Hanlon, Collins, Stevenson, Robertson and Harris.

If TB wants to empty any of the rest I wouldn't moan.

EskbankHibee
20-01-2014, 10:24 AM

the ones I would deffo keep are Williams, Forster, Hanlon, Collins, Stevenson, Robertson and Harris.

Stevenson?

Hibs7
20-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Stevenson?

YES ... Played in his correct position he has been a revelation since TB came in !!

worcesterhibby
20-01-2014, 10:42 AM
YES ... Played in his correct position he has been a revelation since TB came in !!

This.

IWasThere2016
20-01-2014, 10:46 AM

I'd add Craig and a fit Heff to that list - and Nelson has done better than I expected tbh.

Stevie Reid
20-01-2014, 10:56 AM
I'd add Craig and a fit Heff to that list - and Nelson has done better than I expected tbh.

Nelson was poor playing on his wrong side on Saturday, but he has been a good signing, and the recent first choice back four of Forster-Nelson-Hanlon-McGivern has been fine. I have previously identified McGivern as a (IMO) weak link, and I do think that Campbell would have given RM just as hard a time as he did LS on Saturday, but a LB is not a priority at the moment. Going forward I would like another one in and McGivern used as LB, LCB cover. Lewis has done very well playing wide left recently, and in the few minutes he was there on Saturday, he beat his man well and set up Cummings with a great chance. He was uncharacteristically poor at LB for th rest of the game, but will continue to be a valuable squad member going forward.

Craig and Robertson were terrible on Saturday, but both are top 6 SPL standard IMO. Still think we can make a partnership from Collins and Heffernan if they get decent game time together, and though I don't think much has run for him so far, I like the look of Cummings too - that said, I'd still like to see another striker in as a priority. Harris coming onto a good game (and showing very good appetite for it towards the end) and Stanton's wee cameo shows that we have got creative options at the club, though we still need another pacey wide man in ASAP. Cairney has a place in the squad and can make things happen, but he just doesn't have enough pace to play wide. I like Maybury a lot, but a right side of him and PC is too slow for this league.

2-3 of the right signings this window will leave us in a good state with regards to pushing for a top 6 place IMO, with the major surgery to come in the summer. I'd take a striker, a quick wide man, and another defender - RB or CB.

The Sea-gull
20-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Think those criticising Maybury are being a bit harsh in my opinion. He was never signed to be first choice - just signed as squad cover and for me he has provided that well enough.

Last season, he was meant to be cover for Clancy but due to injury played a lot more than anyone expected him to. This season he wasn't even really meant to be part of the squad, only for emergencies, as we started the season with Clancy and Mullen as our RB options. Clancy has been injured again and Mullen just didn't work out hence the reason first Lewis and then Forster have been played there as a make-shift right backs.

If you want to blame anyone for the fact that Maybury has had to play then blame Fenlon - its not his fault Clancy was injured but he must take the blame for the ill judged move for Mullen.

Baldy Foghorn
20-01-2014, 11:15 AM

Only thing pathetic is the attitude of KT......Think's he is better than he is.....Wish he had never darkened our door again.....

EskbankHibee
20-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Stevenson was great versus Kilmarnock. Good versus Hearts. His other performances have been the same old again. You can't have a player that is mediocre bar two games a season. He's fine as a squad player but our best player? Na

Ronniekirk
20-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Think those criticising Maybury are being a bit harsh in my opinion. He was never signed to be first choice - just signed as squad cover and for me he has provided that well enough.

Last season, he was meant to be cover for Clancy but due to injury played a lot more than anyone expected him to. This season he wasn't even really meant to be part of the squad, only for emergencies, as we started the season with Clancy and Mullen as our RB options. Clancy has been injured again and Mullen just didn't work out hence the reason first Lewis and then Forster have been played there as a make-shift right backs.

If you want to blame anyone for the fact that Maybury has had to play then blame Fenlon - its not his fault Clancy was injured but he must take the blame for the ill judged move for Mullen.

Spot on some of our signings have been borne out of least costly option and poor judgement by those paid to make the call .dont think we will see too many duds brought in by butcher .given mayburys age and fact he is now a coach don't think you can expect a lot more of him

cabbageandribs1875
20-01-2014, 01:32 PM
i want RP, TB and MM to go on HibsTV and make an apology to the fans for saturdays performance, something like this will suffice, if they can do it in South Korea they can do it at ER

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/72389000/jpg/_72389643_020706876-1.jpg

SmashinGlass
20-01-2014, 01:35 PM
i want RP, TB and MM to go on HibsTV and make an apology to the fans for saturdays performance, something like this will suffice, if they can do it in South Korea they can do it at ER

If you watch Terry's after match interview on Hibs Tv on YouTube, he does apologise to us

cabbageandribs1875
20-01-2014, 01:40 PM
If you watch Terry's after match interview on Hibs Tv on YouTube, he does apologise to us

but i want to see them bowing :greengrin

Andy74
23-01-2014, 09:29 AM

He did say that if they couldn't compete then it was a fitness issue and they would be worked hard on their fitness on Monday.

Seems like he calmed down as they had tea and cakes and a chat instead. :greengrin

spike220
23-01-2014, 09:37 AM
He did say that if they couldn't compete then it was a fitness issue and they would be worked hard on their fitness on Monday.

Seems like he calmed down as they had tea and cakes and a chat instead. :greengrin Hmmm..

Hedlund12
23-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Seems like he calmed down as they had tea and cakes and a chat instead. :greengrin[/QUOTE]

Tea and cake on the back of a defeat!! I'd have given them water and a dry Ryvita!! :wink:

Ronniekirk
23-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Seems like he calmed down as they had tea and cakes and a chat instead. :greengrinTea and cake on the back of a defeat!! I'd have given them water and a dry Ryvita!! :wink:[/QUOTE]

Are you on a diet :greengrin

Ronniekirk
23-01-2014, 02:08 PM

Looks like they have all been hypnotised by Derren brown and he forgot to wake them up

--------
23-01-2014, 02:13 PM

Nah. The Japanese know how to apologise properly.

Make 'em draw straws. Loser apologises.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users12/bladebond84/default/seppuku--large-prf-1161298111.jpg

That way, we know they MEAN it. :devil: