PDA

View Full Version : McGivern

hibee_girl
18-01-2014, 05:20 PM
What happened to him? Did it look a bad one?

I was still outside waiting to get in so missed it :grr:

tamig
18-01-2014, 05:22 PM
What happened to him? Did it look a bad one?

I was still outside waiting to get in so missed it :grr:

Looked like a hamstring. He was holding it for a few minutes before he had to go off.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Looked to be holding his hammy. He's not been great lately but him going off and us having to reshuffle cost us that game. The 2nd and 3rd goals were comical and both came down that side. We didn't have a clue what was going on. The defence has looked solid for weeks. Take out two of them and we end up all at sea

Pray4Marc
18-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Looked to be holding his hammy. He's not been great lately but him going off and us having to reshuffle cost us that game. The 2nd and 3rd goals were comical and both came down that side. We didn't have a clue what was going on. The defence has looked solid for weeks. Take out two of them and we end up all at sea

Harris not tracking back cost us the 2nd and 3rd goals.

Frank Moon
18-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Got to blame Lewis for both surely?

TheFamous1875
18-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Harris not tracking back cost us the 2nd and 3rd goals.

I think it's imperative that Harris builds up his confidence with the under 20s and sub appearances - he's treated as the Messiah, but he's really not ready to make that sort of impact YET.

He'll get there, but he's not there today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pray4Marc
18-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Got to blame Lewis for both surely?

Lewis was covering his man and they got an overlap, harris didn't track the runner.

truehibernian
18-01-2014, 06:07 PM
I'd have absolutely no hesitation in putting in both Ryan Baptie and Andy Black for the next few games - having Forster and Nelson as a central pairing.

Baptie is very very good and I've been impressed each time I've seen him for the younger sides. Black is someone who I've been championing for a wee while - just love his attitude and I think he is exactly the kind of player Terry Butcher likes in workrate and ability. Both love getting up the pitch. It would also mean Lewis can progress at left midfield where he was coming on to a game and oozing confidence.

oconnors_strip
18-01-2014, 06:58 PM
I think it's imperative that Harris builds up his confidence with the under 20s and sub appearances - he's treated as the Messiah, but he's really not ready to make that sort of impact YET.

He'll get there, but he's not there today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Harris will get game time with the under 20s once they start playing again. They have had a winter break then went to turkey for 2 weeks so there hasn't been any games for Alex to build his match fitness up

Bishop Hibee
18-01-2014, 07:41 PM
McGivern hasn't been great recently but he the best we have at LB. Harris' weakness is his defensive work but that will come with more games, hard work and experience. Stevenson struggled at LB and you can see why Butcher plays him at left mid. Nelson lost on the left side of the CH partnership.

Work cut out for Celtc game.

erin go bragh
18-01-2014, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=TheFamous1875;3874905]I think it's imperative that Harris builds up his confidence with the under 20s and sub appearances - he's treated as the Messiah, but he's really not ready to make that sort of impact YET.

He'll get there, but he's not there

Agree 100% . Thought Stanton would have been the better player to come on early as Harris looked no where near fit .

Ggtth

tamig
18-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Lewis was covering his man and they got an overlap, harris didn't track the runner.

Exactly. Same with Cairney not doing likewise with Maybury.