PDA

View Full Version : The Derby

spike220
15-01-2014, 02:03 AM
There is a very good chance that Hearts are not going to be in the SPFL next year (assuming they still exist). I was wondering if there was any thought been given by either club about organising two 'friendly' Derby matches. This would be be good for both clubs financially and I think also the fans too.

Thoughts....

GreenLake
15-01-2014, 03:04 AM
There is a very good chance that Hearts are not going to be in the SPFL next year (assuming they still exist). I was wondering if there was any thought been given by either club about organising two 'friendly' Derby matches. This would be be good for both clubs financially and I think also the fans too.

Thoughts....

A big team/wee team derby which might be interesting as the first one against the former Hearts.

lord bunberry
15-01-2014, 04:15 AM
I've got a feeling they won't be around next year to play anyone.

Tricla
15-01-2014, 05:21 AM
Sod that.

Why give them the privilege, or the dough.

Geo_1875
15-01-2014, 05:29 AM
Why risk injuries against that bunch of bitter fuds, whoever they may be at that time.

Chuck Rhoades
15-01-2014, 05:31 AM
Motherwell our new derby.

Baker9
15-01-2014, 05:51 AM
Motherwell our new derby.

That's not a local derby - more like an international. :greengrin

bigwheel
15-01-2014, 06:06 AM
Personally i wouldn't be interested. Friendly matches lack purpose. Let them earn the right to play us again

Brightside
15-01-2014, 06:41 AM

Thoughts....

Our only Derby moving forward should be against the 2nd best team in Edinburgh. Edinburgh City.

lucky
15-01-2014, 06:50 AM
I'll miss the derby but I'm sure I'll get over it. I doubt many will be interested in a meaningless friendly. If they survive then they will have to earn the right to play us by getting promoted. So its a big no from me.

The_Todd
15-01-2014, 07:17 AM
Why? I know the rivalry is important but I do wish people wouldn't define our club by our city rivalry alone. We'll have more important things to do next season than worry about that lot.

Saorsa
15-01-2014, 07:20 AM

Thoughts....Nah, yer awrite

scott7_0(Prague)
15-01-2014, 07:26 AM

Thoughts....

Nah, no thanks.

:giruy:

Onion
15-01-2014, 07:29 AM

Thoughts....

They need us more than we need them. I say **** 'em for a few years and let them miss us :wink:

Moon unit
15-01-2014, 07:59 AM

Thoughts....
East of Scotland shield can serve that purpose?...

NOLA
15-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Festival cup relaunched? ;)

SlickShoes
15-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Nope.

Saorsa
15-01-2014, 08:36 AM
They are nae longer our rivals :agree:

ronaldo7
15-01-2014, 08:46 AM
No Thanks,

They can go and have a wee yam lovin at Livingston with Lockies mentor Big John McGlynn.

Alternatively if Dunfermline get promoted it could be a threesome with Big Jim Knew.

Pretty Boy
15-01-2014, 08:49 AM
No from me.

The SPGHJKL will be desperate for an Edinburgh Derby or a game formerly known as an Old Firm match in the Cup next year so there's a pretty good chance we will play them that way.

SMAXXA
15-01-2014, 08:50 AM
Our only Derby moving forward should be against the 2nd best team in Edinburgh. Edinburgh City.

Correction, Edinburgh United Juniors are the top team in Edinburgh these days no City :wink:

WestEndHibee
15-01-2014, 10:00 AM
Looking at a map of all the spfl teams, we're looking pretty isolated on the East of the Central Belt next season. If we can start with a strong base playing attractive football next season then there could be potential for much higher average crowds against the smaller teams.

DanHFC1875
15-01-2014, 10:53 AM
No thanks,
Would rather we concentrated on our competitive matches. League, League Cup and Scottish Cup.
Case closed. :yw:

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Hearts will have quite a few derbies in the Lowland League to look forward to; City, Spartans, Whitehilll.

I'm jealous.

Northernhibee
15-01-2014, 11:16 AM
We might just smash the record for longest time period undefeated in the derby.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

mutley
15-01-2014, 11:26 AM
The way I see it, would they do it for us if the tables were turned? Na didn't think so, they can ram it. Someone already stated, they need us far more than we need them

JustSimplyHibs
15-01-2014, 11:33 AM

Thoughts....

I think they will no longer exist come the start of next season...

Would rather play them when it matters than some friendly where their caveman like behaviour on the field could injury half decent civil football players.

So its a, dont think they will be here and if they are NO thank you from me - earn yer right to play against Edinburgh's only Premier Team.

Gustavo Fring
15-01-2014, 11:51 AM
il miss the derbys but no thanks , they will have to earn the right to play the hibs again

Waxy
15-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Stuff the derby. A new Club will eventually take over( probably Spartans) who dont cheat.

Bobby's Cinema
15-01-2014, 02:31 PM
No chance

heretoday
15-01-2014, 02:46 PM
With Rangers going up and Hearts going down at season end, there might not be any derbies for a while.

The Championship will be very competitive next year and there are some stuffy teams down there.

My friends in the west tell me Dumbarton are looking forward to a crack at the Toxic Two.

Personally, I'll miss the derbies and that frisson of nerves before kick-off.

Hopefully, we'll meet them in the cups.

VivaHiberņa
15-01-2014, 03:30 PM
With Rangers going up and Hearts going down at season end, there might not be any derbies for a while.

The Championship will be very competitive next year and there are some stuffy teams down there.

My friends in the west tell me Dumbarton are looking forward to a crack at the Toxic Two.

Personally, I'll miss the derbies and that frisson of nerves before kick-off.

Hopefully, we'll meet them in the cups.

:agree: I'll miss playing them. It's not always fun (ie. when we lose) but it's something to look forward to.

A friendly would lack the same edge as a competitive game (esp in the cups) but would I reckon wouldn't feel or be played like a normal friendly, see England-Scotland at the start of the season.

Would be a fun way to start the season off I reckon.

Inch Hibs
15-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Festival Cup in a years time when they fail to get promoted would be no a bad idea. A year in a long time in football and if they aren't coming back for 2 or 3 then it would gain the imagination of the City.

Hope to **** we draw them in the cup though. :agree:

Keith_M
15-01-2014, 04:03 PM
I remember them during their Yo-Yo years coming to ER for a 'friendly' in the East of Scotland Shield. They attacked people in St James Centre before the match, beat up a couple of Polis during the game and smashed up shop and bus windows all the way to Princes St on their way home.

IMO, they're already getting close to that kind of 'supporting the team' when they visit ER as it is, they'll only be worse when they're down.

So, it's a No Thanks from me.

hfc rd
15-01-2014, 04:15 PM
A big NO from me as well. If the shoe was on the other foot, they wouldn't bother about this.

Deansy
15-01-2014, 04:31 PM
'The Derby-match - Level-playing-field' - (assuming they still exist ??) So jealous/glad for Hibees under 30-35, for them, future derby-matches are going to be heavenly !!.

offshorehibby
15-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Na, let them rot in their own bile.

eastterrace
15-01-2014, 05:58 PM
I remember them during their Yo-Yo years coming to ER for a 'friendly' in the East of Scotland Shield. They attacked people in St James Centre before the match, beat up a couple of Polis during the game and smashed up shop and bus windows all the way to Princes St on their way home.

IMO, they're already getting close to that kind of 'supporting the team' when they visit ER as it is, they'll only be worse when they're down.

So, it's a No Thanks from me.

yes i remember then as well,they were wild those hearts fans back then, use to give us a kicking most off the times, it wasnt till when the casual era started that the tables were turned.

semaj64
15-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Not for me

NAE NOOKIE
15-01-2014, 10:59 PM
No from me.

I will miss the derby matches ..... But they have to earn the right to play us again. Simple as that

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2014, 11:21 PM
They can ram it. Nae favours from us.

Jones28
16-01-2014, 12:14 AM
They can get tae

Dashing Bob S
16-01-2014, 01:10 AM
It's great to win a derby but the games are always poor. You go in hyped up and are usually bored after 10 minutes due to the eye bleeding football on offer.

If we were playing Hearts regularly we would be turning them over but they are going to be so weak they will be in lower divisions for years to come.

People who go in about missing the derby are missing the point. It's out of our hands and also that of Hearts. What I 'want' is for them not to have cheated in the first place. Everything that has followed is a consequence of that.

If they were not to be punished for gaining league placings, European slots and cups by fraudulent means, they would have destroyed the domestic game in this country. Their cheating has had a severe financial impact on other clubs and undermined the credibility of a domestic game which has precious little to squander.

Flanny boy
16-01-2014, 06:26 AM
Let the ****s suffer :LOL:

Sprouleflyer
16-01-2014, 06:48 AM
You never know, we might get them in the cups?

--------
17-01-2014, 03:46 PM
It's great to win a derby but the games are always poor. You go in hyped up and are usually bored after 10 minutes due to the eye bleeding football on offer.

If we were playing Hearts regularly we would be turning them over but they are going to be so weak they will be in lower divisions for years to come.

People who go in about missing the derby are missing the point. It's out of our hands and also that of Hearts. What I 'want' is for them not to have cheated in the first place. Everything that has followed is a consequence of that.

If they were not to be punished for gaining league placings, European slots and cups by fraudulent means, they would have destroyed the domestic game in this country. Their cheating has had a severe financial impact on other clubs and undermined the credibility of a domestic game which has precious little to squander.

:top marks

Scouse Hibee
17-01-2014, 10:20 PM

Thoughts....
Would rather watch paint dry.