PDA

View Full Version : Yogi gets a sair yin!

Jonnyboy
12-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Ouch, those pesky dugouts :greengrin

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9113208/hughes-happy-with-a-point

iwasthere1972
12-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Said it wouldn't spoil his good looks.

Was there much damage done to the dug out?

silverhibee
12-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Payback

weonlywon6-2
12-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Said it wouldn't spoil his good looks.

Was there much damage done to the dug out?

It was an insurance write off

snooky
12-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Yogi = heidbanger :wink:

coco22
12-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Word of the day yogi?

'Expansive....and I will use it, even to contradict myself about my own team'. Tube

zlatan
12-01-2014, 10:15 PM
He must have a concussion as he was referring to his squad as his players as opposed to the boys.

Saorsa
12-01-2014, 10:22 PM
He must have a concussion as he was referring to his squad as his players as opposed to the boys.Think you need tae listen again.:wink:

"the boys were different class"

zlatan
12-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Think you need tae listen again.:wink:

"the boys were different class"

All these years later and he still has the power to make me immediately zone out :not worth

Inch Hibs
12-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Not sure what the yogi hate is about. Supported hibs all his life, captained and managed the cabbage. Nae need for the slagging.

EskbankHibee
12-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Not sure what the yogi hate is about. Supported hibs all his life, captained and managed the cabbage. Nae need for the slagging.

Agree with this entirely. Whether or not he was the right man for Hibs doesn't take away from that fact that he genuinely cared. Unlike his successor Calderclown.

chrisski33
12-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Spot on!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-01-2014, 11:13 PM

:agree: Embarrassing.

essexhibee
12-01-2014, 11:15 PM
And he gave us the highest league finish we've had in years.

Borderhibbie76
12-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Like yogi as a person and fellow hibee...but he is not a football manager...as displayed at nearly every club he has been at!! Now had a dreadful start at ict...1 win in 9(yams) for a team that was flying and 2nd top when he came in!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
13-01-2014, 12:00 AM

100 per cent

Sent from my iphone

Time For Heroes
13-01-2014, 12:08 AM

Correct.

jacomo
13-01-2014, 12:44 AM

Agree with this entirely. Whether or not he was the right man for Hibs doesn't take away from that fact that he genuinely cared. Unlike his successor Calderclown.

All true. And yet the Yogi-speak raises its head again in this interview... Both praising his team for being a bit expansive and saying he was happy they weren't so expansive. If his team talks are like this thet must be baffling.

HKhibby
13-01-2014, 07:34 AM
All true. And yet the Yogi-speak raises its head again in this interview... Both praising his team for being a bit expansive and saying he was happy they weren't so expansive. If his team talks are like this thet must be baffling.
I agree, totally baffling having watched clip, he did support hibs all his life and played for us too....quiet well actually! But doesnt take the fact away that they guy was out of his depth as hibs manager and still is where he is! Which is good for hibs when we play them, i think they probably finish mid table this season and next.....well they will probably have a new manager!

Keith_M
13-01-2014, 08:04 AM
I kinda agree with both points on here; Yogi deserves respect as a fellow Hibby and a good servant to the club, but as long as it doesn't become too personal or nasty, there's no harm in making a joke about something he said that might have sounded a bit, well, Yogi-esque.

I suppose it's all a matter of degree.

I bet JB wishes he hadn't put this thread up in the first place :greengrin

Jonnyboy
13-01-2014, 10:13 PM
I kinda agree with both points on here; Yogi deserves respect as a fellow Hibby and a good servant to the club, but as long as it doesn't become too personal or nasty, there's no harm in making a joke about something he said that might have sounded a bit, well, Yogi-esque.

I suppose it's all a matter of degree.

I bet JB wishes he hadn't put this thread up in the first place :greengrin

No regrets K. Yogi did get a sair yin after all. The thread just went the way of most and wandered off topic :greengrin

The_Sauz
13-01-2014, 10:53 PM
John Hughes was a Celtic supporter, and use to go the Celtic games with his father! Who btw use to run a Celtic supporters bus from Edinburgh! He did have a soft spot for Hibs as most of his school mates were Hibs fans! :agree:

jacomo
14-01-2014, 12:54 PM
I agree, totally baffling having watched clip, he did support hibs all his life and played for us too....quiet well actually! But doesnt take the fact away that they guy was out of his depth as hibs manager and still is where he is! Which is good for hibs when we play them, i think they probably finish mid table this season and next.....well they will probably have a new manager!

Just need them to find their best form for the semi final. Yogi's in with a chance of a cup this season.