PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Waddell in Sunday Mail

Tom Hart RIP
12-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Asks where was sporting integrity at Hearts 18 months ago when a team they could not afford and players they weren't paying won them a cup.
Pleased it's not just us that think that way.

Saorsa
12-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Asks where was sporting integrity at Hearts 18 months ago when a team they could not afford and players they weren't paying won them a cup.
Pleased it's not just us that think that way.And the cup before that. Time somebody, in some rag said it though. Should have read where has it been for 30+ years, while they've been spending other peoples money and paying teams they couldnae afford.

Hibs7
12-01-2014, 04:07 PM
At last a journalist who says it like it is ... This should be broadcast does anyone have a link ?

Inch Hibs
12-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Well said Gordon. Like he said 18 months ago they where giving it the big one. It's called Karma. Greetin faced pricks.

Lendo
12-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Any link to the article?

eastterrace
12-01-2014, 04:29 PM
roger hannah says the same in the sunday sun so maybe now the media are getting peed of with them greetin all the time.

NAE NOOKIE
12-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Its aboot time !!!

The guy ootside the Wongadome with the "We told you so" banner :not worth should have been miles behind the press. Not showing them the bloody way.

Could it be after all this time that the press will finally bring it to the attention of the public that this fine institution called Heart of Midlothian won at least two cups, and especially the last one, using methods which were nothing short of cheating.

SurferRosa
12-01-2014, 04:41 PM
At last a journalist who says it like it is ... This should be broadcast does anyone have a link ?

Any link to the article?

There`s no link to that piece unfortunately. This is what he wrote however..

" Interesting debate this week about whether Hearts embargo should be lifted. But for those talking about sporting integrity, there wasn`t much of it on show 18 months ago when a team they could never afford and weren`t even paying won them a cup. They`ve done well to take their dumps with dignity so far. They shouldn`t spoil it now. "

I`d take issue with the second last sentence though. If this is them 'taking their dumps with dignity', i`d hate to hear them REALLY complain...

greenginger
12-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Could be that the press are beginning to turn on institution that is HOMFC.

Sunday Post has a front page spread about some family that has been threatened by sheriff Officers because the father/husband died and Hearts insist that the payments for his season ticket still have to be made.

Hardly the actions of the Heart and Soul of Edinburgh as they like to call themselves.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-01-2014, 04:46 PM
dare I say the epitome of of wage theft?

Ronniekirk
12-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Pleased it's not just us that think that way.
Probably because they are going back tomorrow to try yet again to cheat further by asking for embargo to be lifted when they have no real justification apart from they keep losing games .if be some miracle it was lifted I think you would see more publicity .But I suppose it's better than no one reporting on it at all It's almost like its a non event Am sure even Dunfermline got more publicity .

Tom Hart RIP
12-01-2014, 05:20 PM
No one seems to have mentioned that it would be unfair on ICT if they were able sign players then play them in the semi final.

Inch Hibs
12-01-2014, 05:26 PM
No one seems to have mentioned that it would be unfair on ICT if they were able sign players then play them in the semi final.

Or the fact that it's not only a transfer embargo (that they took the piss out of signing Wilson) for admin but a punishment right now for late payment of wages for around the 5th time until Feb. There's no danger a club in admin bumping 100s of companies should be allowed to register a player.

The club with no shame, opened the asses up and took the Romanov boaby, begged fans to save them, took money from other clubs, bumped charities, employed sex offenders and acted like complete welts when over spending. **** them.

weonlywon6-2
12-01-2014, 05:27 PM

Exactly,need them as weak as possible because ict will only have around 30 fans there

SonOfTortolano
12-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Went onto Waddells twitter page and some tube trying to say that all this talk of cheating undermines their achievements.....needless to say Waddell despatched him swiftly😂

SurferRosa
12-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Went onto Waddells twitter page and some tube trying to say that all this talk of cheating undermines their achievements.....needless to say Waddell despatched him swiftly

Ah, of course. That`ll be the achievements, two cups i`m guessing, that they achieved while cheating.

Pretty Boy
12-01-2014, 06:11 PM
In reality given the amount of cash they wasted 2 Scottish Cups and a few pumpings in Europe was a pretty lousy return. If you're going to cheat at least make it worthwhile.

We won one trophy and got a few pumpings in Europe in the same time period spending a fraction of what they did. We also successfully managed our debt and continue to do so and improved all our facilities beyond all recognition.

Even when/if the Foundation of Fuds take over they still have a fair few basic infastructure issues that are going to get increasingly troublesome. Oh and an absolutely honking team.

Scott Allan Key
12-01-2014, 06:42 PM
It's a long game. The truth will out. :agree:

Jonnyboy
12-01-2014, 07:28 PM
I may be wrong but I think GW is a Hibby

skipster7
12-01-2014, 07:33 PM

Falkirk fan I think. Had loads of digs at Petrie when his mate Yogi got bombed.

Beefster
12-01-2014, 07:34 PM

Falkirk fan, I think.

PatHead
12-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Also don't forget they cheated by playing Wilson in the semi v ICT last year whilst he was suspended.

Saorsa
12-01-2014, 07:36 PM
I may be wrong but I think GW is a HibbyEven if he was it shouldnae matter. Somebody needs tae say it how it is because none of the yam fantasists will.

Jonnyboy
12-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Falkirk fan I think. Had loads of digs at Petrie when his mate Yogi got bombed.

Falkirk fan, I think.

:aok:

Dashing Bob S
12-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Everything they do is based on lies, cheating and self delusion. If my wife ever kicks me into touch my next girlfriend will be a Jambo lass, she'll certainly be able to fake an orgasm.

SonOfTortolano
12-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Waddell is definitely a Falkirk fan....says it on his Twitter page..

renato
12-01-2014, 07:56 PM
DBS, she'll also always be "right", not accept reason even when it's staring her in the face, give you pelters for going to watch Hibs and spend all your money then expect sympathy and a bail out when the shat hits the fan.

Hang on...

brog
12-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Apologies for length of this but this is letter I sent to GW in September after he wrote an article praising the concept of F of H. Maybe, just maybe the penny is starting to drop!!

Dear Gordon, I was intrigued by your main article in today's Sunday Mail. I should declare an interest up front in that I'm a London based Hibs supporter who does not wish to see Hearts disappear but conversely I believe they have not as yet been punished sufficiently for their actions.
I have always enjoyed your perspective on Scottish football & appreciate the fact you're a genuine fan of a local club as opposed to other reporters who supposedly support Airdrie, St Mirren etc! I agree with much of what you say in the article but having seen 2 local clubs in which I took a keen interest, Ebbsfleet & Maidstone, embark on a similar path in England, I think you're underestimating the difficulties of fan ownership.
My main concern over the whole Hearts saga however is that the club & fans are being regarded as victims when they clearly are not. Go on any Hearts' fans website & there's a large concensus that 2 cups & a CL qualifier more than compensate for their current situation. The real victims, which include all of us as UK taxpayers, Hearts owe HMRC nearly £2m, seem to have been forgotten. You mention the Big Hearts Community Fund, you may not be aware that Hearts owe them over £34,000 & they will almost certainly receive nothing in the event of a CVA & F of H taking over at Hearts. There are also many local businesses & individuals who will lose thousands of ££ whatever the outcome. Many of these debts go back to last year, long before Administration. It's easy to blame it all on those pesky, egomaniacal foreigners but Hearts also owe, what is now effectively the Lithuanian Government, tens of millions of ££. Can you imagine the outcry in Scotland if the roles were reversed?
Again, though the main problems obviously stem from the Romanov dynasty, there are people at Tynecastle complicit in this whole affair. David Southern oversaw and promoted a share issue which raised £1million. No share certificates were ever issued & the money has disappeared. Similarly he promoted the early purchase of season tickets which raised £2.4million, again the money has gone. That £3.4million could have helped out a lot of small creditors. Most damning of all though David Southern repeatedly proclaimed Hearts as self-sufficient up until days before they went into Administration. He delayed that Administration decision until after the end of the season, thereby avoiding relegation. We will probably never know how much money went out of Tynecastle in the period before the Administrators were appointed but I'm sure any delay was beneficial for those wishing to remove funds. To my knowledge Southern has not been asked to account for his actions nor have I seen anything in the Scottish media investigating these issues.
I apologise for the length of the email. I have no problems with you & the rest of the media cheerleading for Hearts, I only hope someone will do the same for the real victims & that someone, somewhere will finally ask the difficult questions of David Southern re his & the club's activities in the last year or so.

Best wishes

Jonnyboy
12-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Apologies for length of this but this is letter I sent to GW in September after he wrote an article praising the concept of F of H. Maybe, just maybe the penny is starting to drop!!

Dear Gordon, I was intrigued by your main article in today's Sunday Mail. I should declare an interest up front in that I'm a London based Hibs supporter who does not wish to see Hearts disappear but conversely I believe they have not as yet been punished sufficiently for their actions.
I have always enjoyed your perspective on Scottish football & appreciate the fact you're a genuine fan of a local club as opposed to other reporters who supposedly support Airdrie, St Mirren etc! I agree with much of what you say in the article but having seen 2 local clubs in which I took a keen interest, Ebbsfleet & Maidstone, embark on a similar path in England, I think you're underestimating the difficulties of fan ownership.
My main concern over the whole Hearts saga however is that the club & fans are being regarded as victims when they clearly are not. Go on any Hearts' fans website & there's a large concensus that 2 cups & a CL qualifier more than compensate for their current situation. The real victims, which include all of us as UK taxpayers, Hearts owe HMRC nearly £2m, seem to have been forgotten. You mention the Big Hearts Community Fund, you may not be aware that Hearts owe them over £34,000 & they will almost certainly receive nothing in the event of a CVA & F of H taking over at Hearts. There are also many local businesses & individuals who will lose thousands of ££ whatever the outcome. Many of these debts go back to last year, long before Administration. It's easy to blame it all on those pesky, egomaniacal foreigners but Hearts also owe, what is now effectively the Lithuanian Government, tens of millions of ££. Can you imagine the outcry in Scotland if the roles were reversed?
Again, though the main problems obviously stem from the Romanov dynasty, there are people at Tynecastle complicit in this whole affair. David Southern oversaw and promoted a share issue which raised £1million. No share certificates were ever issued & the money has disappeared. Similarly he promoted the early purchase of season tickets which raised £2.4million, again the money has gone. That £3.4million could have helped out a lot of small creditors. Most damning of all though David Southern repeatedly proclaimed Hearts as self-sufficient up until days before they went into Administration. He delayed that Administration decision until after the end of the season, thereby avoiding relegation. We will probably never know how much money went out of Tynecastle in the period before the Administrators were appointed but I'm sure any delay was beneficial for those wishing to remove funds. To my knowledge Southern has not been asked to account for his actions nor have I seen anything in the Scottish media investigating these issues.
I apologise for the length of the email. I have no problems with you & the rest of the media cheerleading for Hearts, I only hope someone will do the same for the real victims & that someone, somewhere will finally ask the difficult questions of David Southern re his & the club's activities in the last year or so.

Best wishes

Top notch B :aok:

majorhibs
12-01-2014, 08:41 PM

Best wishes
Goddamit when I get lengthy I ramble, you just get mair on the case! Hope they start tae pick up on the likes o this. Before it was just us listening, but now the mainstreams tuning in make sure there's nothin left out fi before that's relevant, easy to blame shady Johnny foreigners but there's plenty back here needs lookin at.

Dashing Bob S
12-01-2014, 08:52 PM
DBS, she'll also always be "right", not accept reason even when it's staring her in the face, give you pelters for going to watch Hibs and spend all your money then expect sympathy and a bail out when the shat hits the fan.

Hang on...

10/10

truehibernian
12-01-2014, 08:58 PM

Hang on...

Bloody hell renato, you've nailed one of my exes to a tee and she was a jambo as well :faf: are you that Paul McKenna geezer :greengrin

Jonnyboy
12-01-2014, 09:00 PM
B - can you not send that email to all Scottish newspapers sports editors as well as TV and radio outlets? In the immortal words of Mrs Doyle 'Go on, go on, go on' :greengrin

renato
12-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Bloody hell renato, you've nailed one of my exes to a tee and she was a jambo as well :faf: are you that Paul McKenna geezer :greengrin

Alas no, sadly. On the ex front I'm guessing you're not alone however ;-)

I was also going to mention how her worst memory would be an absolute pumping in her own backyard (that she's never allowed to forget) but this is a family forum...

Jim44
12-01-2014, 09:08 PM

Best wishes

Good letter. Did you get a reply?

renato
12-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Back on topic, good email Brog and a shame the content / sentiment is not shared and articulated more (at all?) by the media up here.

greenginger
12-01-2014, 09:15 PM

Best wishes

May'be you want to re-send it Mr Waddell. He may of forgot or lost the original and might just fancy a bit of digging. :aok:

clerriehibs
12-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Everything they do is based on lies, cheating and self delusion. If my wife ever kicks me into touch my next girlfriend will be a Jambo lass, she'll certainly be able to fake an orgasm.

That would seem like YOU'RE selling your missus short ... does that make you a yam?

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-01-2014, 11:29 PM
I agree. Get that re-sent to everybody connected with the media. None of them have got the first clue what's going on. Or they do, and they are simply ignoring the facts

HKhibby
13-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Goddamit when I get lengthy I ramble, you just get mair on the case! Hope they start tae pick up on the likes o this. Before it was just us listening, but now the mainstreams tuning in make sure there's nothin left out fi before that's relevant, easy to blame shady Johnny foreigners but there's plenty back here needs lookin at.
Yes you are spot on with your remark about plenty to be looked at there! As you may guess i live overseas in Hong Kong, if this kind of thing went on with a business or the way a football club was being run with financial irregularities it would be investigated by our ICAC (independent commission against corruption), and indeed just last week there were 6 arrests from one football club over match fixing and bribes, so i would have thought the majority at hearts would have all been banged up by now if that kind of organisation existed back there!

The Green Goblin
13-01-2014, 08:57 AM
That's a brilliant letter, Brog. You should send it around, starting with BBC Scotland...

Craig_in_Prague
13-01-2014, 09:11 AM
That's a brilliant letter, Brog. You should send it around, starting with BBC Scotland...

and attach the list of creditors that have suffered and been bumped due to their cheating, which I am sure other than hibs.net - has never been looked at.

Keith_M
13-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Don't worry, normal service has been resumed in the press.

Keith 'wealth-off-the-radar' Jackson has trotted out the usual propaganda in today's Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keith-jackson-harsh-treatment-hearts-3015628). He's even managed to link Hearts 'punishment' to so-called 'anti-Rangers bloodlust'.

"Is the treatment of Hearts fair? Absolutely not.Must it continue unabated and without mercy? Sadly, there can be no other way.
What we are currently witnessing at Tynecastle is unedifying, bordering on inhumane.
Gary Locke has been forced into a position where he has no choice but to flog the life out of his youngsters who are now dropping to their knees in the utter exhaustion of fighting what has been, from the outset, an impossible task."

"Scottish football has done this to Hearts and now it must watch every last consequence of its actions, no matter how harrowing it may become."

"The new rules which were drawn up to deal with insolvency events were designed not just to punish offenders but to throttle them.
It had to be this way because of the appalling blood lust with which Rangers had been treated the previous year."

:rolleyes:

Saorsa
13-01-2014, 09:20 AM

Keith 'wealth-off-the-radar' Jackson has trotted out the usual propaganda in today's Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keith-jackson-harsh-treatment-hearts-3015628). He's even managed to link Hearts 'punishment' to so-called 'anti-Rangers bloodlust'.

"Is the treatment of Hearts fair? Absolutely not.Must it continue unabated and without mercy? Sadly, there can be no other way.
What we are currently witnessing at Tynecastle is unedifying, bordering on inhumane.
Gary Locke has been forced into a position where he has no choice but to flog the life out of his youngsters who are now dropping to their knees in the utter exhaustion of fighting what has been, from the outset, an impossible task."

"Scottish football has done this to Hearts and now it must watch every last consequence of its actions, no matter how harrowing it may become."

"The new rules which were drawn up to deal with insolvency events were designed not just to punish offenders but to throttle them.
It had to be this way because of the appalling blood lust with which Rangers had been treated the previous year."

:rolleyes:400,000 worldwide sale today then.

What a steamin' pile of horse manure

renato
13-01-2014, 09:22 AM

Where to even start with this. Plus the token reference back to sevco. Pile of *****!

renato
13-01-2014, 09:23 AM
"Scottish football has done this to Hearts..."

Eh, naw, Hearts did this to Hearts.

Craig_in_Prague
13-01-2014, 09:25 AM

that really makes me so angry. Could almost stick my fist through the PC.

Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

matty_f
13-01-2014, 09:28 AM

Unbelievable. Where do you start picking out what's wrong with that?

brog
13-01-2014, 10:39 AM
May'be you want to re-send it Mr Waddell. He may of forgot or lost the original and might just fancy a bit of digging. :aok:

Thanks all for the kind words. You'll be surprised to hear I didn't get the courtesy of a reply. I'll think about resending to GW, possibly Keith J & Ewan M later in the week. The first 2 are easy as they're sister papers so I'll start there. ( I really don't want to be the new Sydney!! ) :wink:

Tom Hart RIP
13-01-2014, 10:49 AM
What the papers never mention is that Hearts /BDO chose which players they for rid of. They could have kept Sutton for example and sold Holt to pay his wages.
Why should they be allowed to get in new players because they mAde the wrong choice?

The_Todd
13-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Funny how Hearts think the media are involved in some anti-Hearts conspiracy when in actual fact the pro-Hertz bleating in the press is cringeworthy

marinello59
13-01-2014, 11:04 AM

"Is the treatment of Hearts fair? Absolutely not.Must it continue unabated and without mercy? YES PLEASE! Sadly, there can be no other way.
What we are currently witnessing at Tynecastle is unedifying, bordering on inhumane.AND VERY FUNNY
Gary Locke has been forced into a position where he has no choice but to flog the life out of his youngsters who are now dropping to their knees in the utter exhaustion of fighting what has been, from the outset, an impossible task."Spielberg's next movie, ''Saving Private Locke'' should be a belter.

"Scottish football has done this to Hearts and now it must watch every last consequence of its actions, no matter how harrowing it may become."Harrowing? Must be a typo. The word is HILARIOUS

It had to be this way because of the appalling blood lust with which Rangers had been treated the previous year."Every silver lining has another silver lining. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
13-01-2014, 11:15 AM

There's so much wrong with that, it's difficult to know where to begin.

He just doesn't get it, he really doesn't.

connerg
13-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Well said Gordon. Like he said 18 months ago they were giving it the big one. It's called Karma. Greetin faced pricks.:top marks

Oscar T Grouch
13-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Not sure if it is my Mac or if its the DR website but the comments seem to be shut down, the first few I read are from the weegie orcs but there was one HIbee comment. I don't usually visit the site but I felt this column needs a bit of a reality check!! Edifying, inhumane!! What a tw@t this guy is, asking young footballers to play football every week is inhumane, time for Jackson to be posted to a war zone so he can understand the meaning of this word. The guy is a ****ing idiot (sorry swear filter)!!!

Hibby D
13-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Not sure if it is my Mac or if its the DR website but the comments seem to be shut down, the first few I read are from the weegie orcs but there was one HIbee comment. I don't usually visit the site but I felt this column needs a bit of a reality check!! Edifying, inhumane!! What a tw@t this guy is, asking young footballers to play football every week is inhumane, time for Jackson to be posted to a war zone so he can understand the meaning of this word. The guy is a ****ing idiot (sorry swear filter)!!!

Exactly what I was about to type! Talk about taking an issue and pumping it so full of sh*te it's lost all context.

A group of young, healthy lads, are being asked to ply their trade for 90 minutes a week, and it's "inhumane"?????

Give me strength........ :hilarious

CyberSauzee
13-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Thanks all for the kind words. You'll be surprised to hear I didn't get the courtesy of a reply. I'll think about resending to GW, possibly Keith J & Ewan M later in the week. The first 2 are easy as they're sister papers so I'll start there. ( I really don't want to be the new Sydney!! ) :wink:

top letter writing. Well done Sidney! :wink:

Oscar T Grouch
13-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Exactly what I was about to type! Talk about taking an issue and pumping it so full of sh*te it's lost all context.

A group of young, healthy lads, are being asked to ply their trade for 90 minutes a week, and it's "inhumane"?????

Give me strength........ :hilarious

Great minds think alike eh:wink:

Still cannot get onto the comments part of this article, I will keep trying but I fear the DR might just shut it down due to the negative nature of the comments so far, I'm no letting this one go though, Jackson need to get a grip using language like that in that when referring to a team of footballers.

The Green Goblin
13-01-2014, 07:43 PM

Haha. The crucial difference between you is that you have actually written a letter. Agree with Craig-in-Prague about attaching the creditors list. Good idea!

NAE NOOKIE
13-01-2014, 07:52 PM

What a steaming pile of Tom Kite !!!

At what point this season apart from a severe doing from celtic have the Yams been on the wrong end of a result which was not pretty bog standard for a team heading for relegation in any ordinary SPL season? In fact if it wasnt for the 15 point deduction there would be two clubs within 7 points of them.

Not exactly then the poor wee whipping boys the press would have us believe. This tool appears to have forgotten his history already, the team formerly known as Rangers won title after title and cup after cup by cheating on an industrial scale which makes what happened at the Wongadome look like petty theft. They were bloody lucky that they even had a corpse left to reanimate as the Zombie Huns.

As for the plea for mercy for the poor wee fans of the Yams and Huns who had nothing to do with what happened:

I cant remember much mercy being on offer when Rangers were stuffing my team 7 - 0 at Ibrox or when their fans were lording it up at ER during their many wins there during Murray's tenure.

Where was the mercy from the PBS when the deluded were calling us 'the wee team' and winning derby after derby with their team full of players who were ( sometimes ) paid 7 - 10K a week with money which didnt exist. Where was the mercy in 2012 when it was our misfortune to end up in a cup final against a team of players which without financial cheating would never have been on the park that day.

And finally, and most importantly ....... Where the hell is the contrition from the followers of these two clubs?

All we hear from the followers of the Zombies is how its everybodys fault but theirs and muttered threats about revenge on the clubs who dared to stand up to their cheating.

All we hear from the Wongadome is how unfair it is that they are being made to reap the whirlwind having sown the wind.

When a representative of the Foundation of Hearts turns up at the SFA with the 2012 Scottish Cup in his sweaty little hand and gives it back thats when I will start to think that perhaps they are being treated too harshly.