PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Raith date confirmed - 2pm kick off

.Sean.
12-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Game confirmed for Saturday the 8th of Febuary. Kicking off at 2 because of the rugby. Nonsense decision, we've kicked off at 3 when there's been rugby in Edinburgh plenty times, they should've moved the egg chasing back an hour so the cup tie could kick-off at the traditional time.

Hibbyradge
12-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Game confirmed for Saturday the 8th of Febuary. Kicking off at 2 because of the rugby. Nonsense decision, we've kicked off at 3 when there's been rugby in Edinburgh plenty times, they should've moved the egg chasing back an hour so the cup tie could kick-off at the traditional time.

Maybe write to the BBC and ask for their TV scheduling to be changed?

E10 Rifle
12-01-2014, 03:43 PM
I've got 3 mates up for the rugby and can now bring them along to support the Hibees beforehand...what's the issue?

.Sean.
12-01-2014, 03:45 PM
I've got 3 mates up for the rugby and can now bring them along to support the Hibees beforehand...what's the issue?
No great issue, just don't see why we should kick off earlier to accommodate a sport some of us have no time for? Our match isn't televised so it should kick off at 3.

JE89
12-01-2014, 03:45 PM

No they shouldn't. The rugby has been scheduled for months and people will be travelling in from all parts of the country for it. Far bigger logistically than Hibs v Raith I'm afraid.

Spike Mandela
12-01-2014, 03:46 PM

The town being packed with Volvos, tweed suits and picnic baskets as the posh boys come out to play.:cb

E10 Rifle
12-01-2014, 03:49 PM
The town being packed with Volvos, tweed suits and picnic baskets as the posh boys come out to play.:cb

I'll get them to pack you some leftovers

Wotherspiniesta
12-01-2014, 03:51 PM
I think the main issure here is that Sean wants that extra hour of hangy sleep.

MurrayfieldHibs
12-01-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm okay with this. An hour earlier doesn't make much of a difference to me and this means I'll be able to get home in time to watch the rugby too! :greengrin Not bad for Hibs fans who like a bit of egg-chasing too.

Me too HibeeN! I do like a bit of egg chasing too :greengrin

I suspect this change may be because (weegie) Police Scotland are concerned that the Chablis quaffers and the hoards from Raith will having running battles up and down the streets. The weegies don't understand rugby and I suspect stopping and searching the tweed brigade may end up with a Lawyers few letters to the big Chief Constable (an' that big man).

eastterrace
12-01-2014, 04:14 PM

yes more money for hibs. i got bought rugby tickets away back in sept so now i can go to both games so works out perfect . oh and i dont own a tweed suit

Inch Hibs
12-01-2014, 04:18 PM
No issue at all with this. Scotland v England on tv is a much bigger event than the football.

Pretty Boy
12-01-2014, 04:21 PM

Don't want to upset the once a season brigade who attend 6 nations games or the armchair fans.

Don't bother about those pesky folk who go to games regularly.

I know people will say it's only an hour but means I can't go now.

It makes no sense anyway, now Hibs fans will be travelling just as the rugby crowd picks up whereas if we kicked off at 3 the rugger crowd would be in the ground by the time the troublesome football where out. How much Police cover will really be required for a crowd of circa 7K made up if Hibs and Raith fans?

DC_Hibs
12-01-2014, 04:22 PM

Here's some other peoples views...........from when this was announced over 3 weeks ago
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?275851-Official-Site-Raith-Rovers-Cup-Date-Confirmed-(Saturday-8th-Feb-2pm)

What's wrong, did someone rip your Harry Styles poster?

trev the hat
12-01-2014, 04:25 PM
No issue at all with this. Scotland v England on tv is a much bigger event than the football.

That's a matter of opinion :-)

Saorsa
12-01-2014, 04:26 PM
An hour less in the pub before the game, an hour mair efter, hey ho :cheers:

Inch Hibs
12-01-2014, 04:26 PM
That's a matter of opinion :-)

It's not for me mate but generally.

Keith_M
12-01-2014, 05:07 PM
yes more money for hibs. i got bought rugby tickets away back in sept so now i can go to both games so works out perfect . oh and i dont own a tweed suit

I've got a Tweed Jacket, with patches on the elbows, that you're free to borrow.

TrinityHibs
12-01-2014, 05:18 PM

You'll be hoping there's no extra time. Football's on hold for me. 5 of us going to Murrayfield. Food at half 12 then beer:cheers: then on to the rugby.:saltireflag Giving up my cup top up as well. I'll still want my tickets for the final mind:wink:

jeffers
12-01-2014, 05:52 PM
You'll be hoping there's no extra time. Football's on hold for me. 5 of us going to Murrayfield. Food at half 12 then beer:cheers: then on to the rugby.:saltireflag Giving up my cup top up as well. I'll still want my tickets for the final mind:wink:

I thought there were still replays ?

chrisski33
12-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Dont see the issue here!

.Sean.
12-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Here's some other peoples views...........from when this was announced over 3 weeks ago
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?275851-Official-Site-Raith-Rovers-Cup-Date-Confirmed-(Saturday-8th-Feb-2pm)

What's wrong, did someone rip your Harry Styles poster?:dummytit: Exactly that. Fud.

Jamesie
12-01-2014, 06:26 PM

A bit random but are you the guy from Liberton RFC that AberGreen and I met both in Aegina and Tbilisi?!

Greenworld
12-01-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm okay with this. An hour earlier doesn't make much of a difference to me and this means I'll be able to get home in time to watch the rugby too! :greengrin Not bad for Hibs fans who like a bit of egg-chasing too.

Agree

Sir David Gray
12-01-2014, 08:28 PM
No great issue, just don't see why we should kick off earlier to accommodate a sport some of us have no time for? Our match isn't televised so it should kick off at 3.

I'm not a huge rugby fan either (although I may watch a bit of Scotland v England) but I would say that a Scotland v England rugby match is slightly bigger than Hibs v Raith Rovers, in terms of appeal to the wider general public.

Danderhall Hibs
12-01-2014, 08:51 PM
It doesn't bother me but I can't understand the logic behind the move.

Mr White
12-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Seems an odd change in some ways but it's better Saturday 2pm than anytime sunday imo. It's a shame for those that can't make it but ultimately if we're in the draw for the qf no one's going to remember or give a rats ass what time the game kicked off at.

jdships
12-01-2014, 09:51 PM

The Scotland rugby match was scheduled six months ago ( at least ) . The cup tie only came up a few weeks ago .
Equally if want to be fair there are a number of rugby fans who have no time for soccer :greengrin:wink:

No probs with the early KO IMO

eastterrace
12-01-2014, 09:52 PM
I've got a Tweed Jacket, with patches on the elbows, that you're free to borrow.

thanks for the offer but i will stick with my northface hooded jacket.

jdships
12-01-2014, 09:53 PM

Ever had anything to do with /visited a rugby club lately ?
Come into the real world it's great fun !! :aok:

weecounty hibby
12-01-2014, 11:32 PM

Spike you are more than welcome to come down to Earlsfield to watch Alloa play any week Hibs are away from home. We could have a pre match dinner at the club followed by beer while watching a match. I can assure you that Alloa RFC is not full of rich boys either!! And by the way I am going to Murrayfield that day and Cardiff for the Wales match.
Sorry to say to everyone moaning but 67,500 at the game plus millions watching on TV is bigger than Hibs v Raith in the cup. Time changed for 1 hour is surely better than Friday or Monday nights or Sunday lunchtimes

The Gorf
13-01-2014, 08:51 AM
I'll get them to pack you some leftovers
Hmmm! Pheasant and grouse pies sold at ER. With some Dom Perignon on tap. :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-01-2014, 08:59 AM

You are going to need a bigger boat! :-)

Hibernia Na Eir
13-01-2014, 09:44 AM

Volvos? naaaah

Brightside
13-01-2014, 01:06 PM

Shocking stuff.

Brightside
13-01-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm not a huge rugby fan either (although I may watch a bit of Scotland v England) but I would say that a Scotland v England rugby match is slightly bigger than Hibs v Raith Rovers, in terms of appeal to the wider general public.

Its not. The "general public" dont watch or participate in Rugby.

lord bunberry
13-01-2014, 01:26 PM

Then they will head out after the game and behave like absolute animals, but because they're rugby fans it's alright. I no longer work when the rugby is on due to the behavior of some rugby fans.

Hibbyradge
13-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Then they will head out after the game and behave like absolute animals, but because they're rugby fans it's alright. I no longer work when the rugby is on due to the behavior of some rugby fans.

You should try working after Old Firm games.

Spike Mandela
13-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Spike you are more than welcome to come down to Earlsfield to watch Alloa play any week Hibs are away from home. We could have a pre match dinner at the club followed by beer while watching a match. I can assure you that Alloa RFC is not full of rich boys either!! And by the way I am going to Murrayfield that day and Cardiff for the Wales match.
Sorry to say to everyone moaning but 67,500 at the game plus millions watching on TV is bigger than Hibs v Raith in the cup. Time changed for 1 hour is surely better than Friday or Monday nights or Sunday lunchtimes

I was trying to bait the middle manager brigade who come out for the egg chasing . Had a disappointing response so far but always knew I could rely on one.:wink::greengrin

E10 Rifle
13-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Hmmm! Pheasant and grouse pies sold at ER. With some Dom Perignon on tap. :wink:

You had me at 'pies'

.Sean.
13-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Pubes in pints and groping barmaids, those pesky rugger buggers eh? Bunch of fannies who get away with a whole host of stuff that football supporters wouldn't. Their general ersehole behaviour seems to be tolerated as rugby is perceived to be the 'gentlemen's' sport'.

From my personal experience of drinking in places where's there are rugby folk, they're worse behaved than football supporters when they get smashed. Loud, obnoxious, boring and with awful, faux-snobbish banter. Not for me.

lord bunberry
13-01-2014, 05:00 PM
You should try working after Old Firm games.

In Edinburgh?

lord bunberry
13-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Pubes in pints and groping barmaids, those pesky rugger buggers eh? Bunch of fannies who get away with a whole host of stuff that football supporters wouldn't. Their general ersehole behaviour seems to be tolerated as rugby is perceived to be the 'gentlemen's' sport'.

From my personal experience of drinking in places where's there are rugby folk, they're worse behaved than football supporters when they get smashed. Loud, obnoxious, boring and with awful, faux-snobbish banter. Not for me.

One of them pissed in my taxi last year, they all thought it was really funny telling me about it when they were getting out knowing full well there was nothing I could do about it.

Bristolhibby
13-01-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm both. Watch Scotland abroad both in rugby and football.

Get up to watch Hibs whenever I can.

I'd agree, there are similar levels of bawbaggery in both sets of supporters. Football may just edge it, however that may well be because I've been to more football games.

Heading over to Dublin in a couple of weeks, then a big posse of us are heading from the West Country for the game in Cardiff.

J

Joe Baker II
04-02-2014, 11:18 AM

I entirely agree; The Rugby union fans who come to Edinburgh (especially the Scots and Irish from my experience, Welsh are a bit better than the rest) are the lowest of the low from my experience. Would rather be in Glasgow after an Old Firm game any time.

Summed up by case in 1990s when English rugby supporters raped a girl from Edinburgh and it got about 2 paragraphs in the Scotsman/Evening News - compare that with the coverage of (mainly verbal) abuse of Neil Lennon from the Aberdeen supporters recently, a "political" banner at Celtic Park and seats being ripped up at Fir Park.

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Living in the Borders theres a lot of Ruggerness around and I've seen the good and the bad ... some rugby folk can be a pain in the arse, but then so can some fitba fans .... its just folk at the end of the day. Rugby aint such a posh sport down here ... unless you support 'The Rose' of course :greengrin

I dont mind a bit of Egg chasing, but watching Scotland these days is a trial .... constantly losing the ball in the ruck and dropping passes, not to mention losing ball from their own lineouts ...... its murder !!!

The bottom line is that I could never get into a spot where its bad form to boo the opposition or give it tight to their supporters ...... I prefer the brutal honesty of the beautiful game :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
04-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Pish how it's the same day. Last time there was a clash, when we played Utd at home, the train was packed with loads of stuck up posh pricks (St Andrews Uni students probs) and the train was late as it was delayed at every station to let people on, got in to Waverley as our game was starting.

And it's only gonna be worse as obviously we play Raith so even more jumping on at Kirkaldy.

Definitely gonna get the early morning train to try avoid it as much as possible.

Pete
04-02-2014, 04:11 PM
I entirely agree; The Rugby union fans who come to Edinburgh (especially the Scots and Irish from my experience, Welsh are a bit better than the rest) are the lowest of the low from my experience. Would rather be in Glasgow after an Old Firm game any time.

Summed up by case in 1990s when English rugby supporters raped a girl from Edinburgh and it got about 2 paragraphs in the Scotsman/Evening News - compare that with the coverage of (mainly verbal) abuse of Neil Lennon from the Aberdeen supporters recently, a "political" banner at Celtic Park and seats being ripped up at Fir Park.

If you're trying compare behaviour then that's a ludicrous example to use. It "sums up" absolutely nothing.

It's a once every two year trip for these people and they like to let their hair down. They also spend a fair amount of cash too.

If you want to compare the behaviour of football and rugby fans then it's fairer to look at international football and the behaviour of fans when they get to cup finals.

Saorsa
04-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Pish how it's the same day. Last time there was a clash, when we played Utd at home, the train was packed with loads of stuck up posh pricks (St Andrews Uni students probs) and the train was late as it was delayed at every station to let people on, got in to Waverley as our game was starting.

And it's only gonna be worse as obviously we play Raith so even more jumping on at Kirkaldy.

Definitely gonna get the early morning train to try avoid it as much as possible.:greengrin

Sudds_1
04-02-2014, 04:33 PM

Gary Locke does.....Harris tweed. Smells of p I s h . They apparently use that as part of he manufacturing process.....

....so he's sorted when the merricks finally launch him. He can be a Harris tweed p I s her !

HH81
04-02-2014, 07:17 PM
The union will be a bore fest. Just like every other union game i watch.

To say its the wrong code is an understatement.