PDA

View Full Version : Goc

spike220
12-01-2014, 06:08 AM
Go on big man, wishing you all the best and hope it all works out!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/garry-o-connor-on-drugs-redemption-and-morton-1-3265077

GGTTH

3pm
12-01-2014, 07:00 AM
I really hope he means what he says.

wookie70
12-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Good article and sounds like he could be thinking straight. I hated the way he treated Hibs in the second spell but addiction is a terrible thing and hopefully he still has a few years left to end his career on a high. You never know he could still bang in a few against the Jambos

weonlywon6-2
12-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Good luck to him,decent lad.

have to say ,is that Cappielaw in the background of his picture, pitch looks awful:greengrin

jacomo
12-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Good interview, lets hope he really has turned a corner. He could still earn plenty more from this game if he knuckles down.

hibee
12-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Shame it's taking him this long but hope he does well.

Stantons Angel
12-01-2014, 10:02 AM
I really hope he means what he says.

So do I! It takes a lot of guts for an addict to confront his demons, as they say. If Garry is true to how he feels and says he feels he will win through.

His wife and family have stood by him and taken a lot of personal flax from his mis doings. They have to stay strong together to share the burden and he will be ok.

Ive always liked Garry as a person and as a footballer. He always came over to me as a big daft laddie, who was very easy led by his peers.

You have only to look back through the article to each unsavory incident that happened to him. The worst for me as a Hibs supporter was to hear of him being thrown to the ground and handcuffed behind his back outside a pub in Leith Walk,

This was to me the end for Garry O'Conner the footballer, this young man was the idol of many youngsters for his two periods at Easter Road. There was never any doubt he loved Hibs but the clock was ticking on his career, lying there on the pavement.

I can only hope he does what he says he wants to do and clear his name, Garry O'Conner's name was associated with goals goals goals, now drugs, police and fines.

I hope you have now grown up Garry and wish you the very best of luck for your and your family's future, there is no going back now Just do it!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-01-2014, 10:12 AM
What that article does is point all the reasons for where he is now, back at himself and the actions that he has taken. A fairly obvious statement then, that if he turns it around, he can take the credit, but if he can't, the blame lies with him.
Don't think anyone wouldn't want to wish him well.

Inch Hibs
12-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Good luck big guy. Kenny will help him loads.

tomhorn
12-01-2014, 10:28 AM
- 'back in June he was stopped by police while driving, they say, under the influence of drink or drugs. He has pleaded not guilty. The case comes to court in the montths ahead'

“Listen, not that long ago I would have denied stuff"

Haha!

GreenCastle
12-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Interesting read - sad story really and I hope he recovers and stays focused with football. He's had quite a few chances...more than many others - especially with repeated trouble with drugs and the police.

An example of the modern day footballer - surrounded by the wrong people and possibly bad advice / lack of advice along the way and you can get yourself in real trouble.

Real shame if you compare to Fletcher, Whittaker and Brown - what they have done - Riordan and GOC should have had similar careers and still playing.

As mentioned in the article there is still a police issue outstanding from June - will be interesting to see the verdict in the near future.

Northernhibee
12-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Really hope things work out for him, very honest and open interview. Best of luck big man.

Some of the comments below that article are disgusting; that lot across the road have no shame whatsoever.

Woody70x2
12-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Might give that tuna diet a go :-)

Hibercelona
12-01-2014, 11:13 AM
All the best Garry and stay sensible. :aok:

SaulGoodman
12-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Really hope things work out for him, very honest and open interview. Best of luck big man.

Some of the comments below that article are disgusting; that lot across the road have no shame whatsoever.

We'd have said the same had it been a Yam on drugs

Hibercelona
12-01-2014, 11:22 AM
We'd have said the same had it been a Yam on drugs

I always just assumed that they were all on drugs, so I treat them all equally.

SaulGoodman
12-01-2014, 11:45 AM
I always just assumed that they were all on drugs, so I treat them all equally.
:agree:

Pretty Boy
12-01-2014, 12:08 PM
I think Kenny Shiels will be a huge help to him.

I know people don't like the guy but he seemed to have all the players on his side at Killie and seems desperate to help Garry. He's a decent guy and a good man manager imo.

Glad Garry has taken a lot of responsibility for his actions and seems determined to deal with it. A good half season at Morton, gets and stays fit and focusses on his football and he still has a decent move in him.

Hibs7
12-01-2014, 12:11 PM
What that article does is point all the reasons for where he is now, back at himself and the actions that he has taken. A fairly obvious statement then, that if he turns it around, he can take the credit, but if he can't, the blame lies with him.
Don't think anyone wouldn't want to wish him well.

Read the comments at the bottom of the article from the Yam Inbreds,, they have a cheek considering all the molesters etc they have had in their squads !!

Jones28
12-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Dropped 18kg in 12 days?! That's some going.

Good luck to Gaz, hopefully he can change and finish his career on a free and perfectly legal high!

hihohibby
12-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Go on big man, wishing you all the best and hope it all works out!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/garry-o-connor-on-drugs-redemption-and-morton-1-3265077

GGTTH
Ditto.
Seriously good luck Gary.
I recall bumping into him one day in the Ocean terminal. He was with his young child. I had my little girl with me too. He looked a picture of contentment, as I did. We merely smiled in acknowledgement at our respective bairns and went our merry ways. This was before all the damning headlines and off field shenanigans.