PDA

View Full Version : Inverness Away

Up The Bracket
12-01-2014, 01:19 AM
Anyone have any idea when this will be played? The original scheduling on the 1st of February clashes with their league cup semi final.

craigmounthibby
12-01-2014, 03:39 AM
No date set yet. Inverness have postponed games against Ross county and Motherwell too & no date for then either.

Dunno why.

spike220
12-01-2014, 07:07 AM
No date set yet. Inverness have postponed games against Ross county and Motherwell too & no date for then either.

Dunno why. Ta I was wondering too!

Up The Bracket
12-01-2014, 05:48 PM

Dunno why.

Cheers, not sure if I'll be going but I'm definitely considering it, only missed 3 games this season and don't want to miss anymore.

weonlywon6-2
12-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Hopefully make it a saturday so can organise a wee trip and stay over but will probably be during the week

Hermit Crab
12-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Hopefully make it a saturday so can organise a wee trip and stay over but will probably be during the week

It will be during the week as there are no free Saturdays.

The Sea-gull
13-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Was wondering about this one too.

Have noticed that, at this time of year, the organisers (and possibly the clubs too) tend to like to wait and see if teams get knocked out the Scottish cup first before scheduling fixtures. That way it allows for an opportunity to play any outstanding games on a weekend which is usually preferable for all concerned.

Also, they probably don't really want to have midweek games down for Inverness during the winter months if it can be avoided.

That said, don't see why they can't just provisionally schedule the fixtures with the proviso that they may move if a weekend date becomes available. Though appreciate this may lead to folk moaning if the fixture then keeps getting shunted about.

There may also be opportunity to play the cancelled Highland derby on weekend of 15th March if ICT don't make the league cup final and St Johnstone (who are down to play Ross Co that day) do, so they may be holding out until they can see if that scenario is possible.

The Sea-gull
13-01-2014, 12:53 PM

Hopefully not a Saturday - the only free one would be 8th March which is Scottish Cup QF day and if it was played that day it would mean we had been knocked out the cup. If we do have to play them that day I would hope it would be a Scottish Cup QF and not a league match!

Can't see it happening that day as we have Raith at home in the next round and they have Stranraer. Stranger things have happened but surely both us and ICT won't be turfed out the cup in the next round.

Hermit Crab
13-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Hopefully not a Saturday - the only free one would be 8th March which is Scottish Cup QF day and if it was played that day it would mean we had been knocked out the cup. If we do have to play them that day I would hope it would be a Scottish Cup QF and not a league match!

Can't see it happening that day as we have Raith at home in the next round and they have Stranraer. Stranger things have happened but surely both us and ICT won't be turfed out the cup in the next round.

I fancy Stranraer to do them. Good odds on that I reckon. The curse of yogi will strike.

Up The Bracket
13-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Surely it'd be common sense if it is to be played midweek to have it on the Wednesday of the week beginning 17/02/14, schools are off so they are more likely to have more people travelling through.

The Sea-gull
13-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Surely it'd be common sense if it is to be played midweek to have it on the Wednesday of the week beginning 17/02/14, schools are off so they are more likely to have more people travelling through.

Yes, that would make sense but since when has that mattered when scheduling a fixture!

Edit - that midweek is actually probably ring fenced for any Scottish Cup replays from games played on 8th Feb.

weonlywon6-2
13-01-2014, 06:56 PM

Forgot about that holiday week,could travel up as im off and have a we stay over in a travel lodge or simar !!