PDA

View Full Version : Quietest transfer window for a while!!

Gordy M
11-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Normally at this time of year this place is full of rumours with players coming or going! This year has been really quiet, whats going on!?! Have to say im disappointed that those itk aren't coming up with the goods:greengrin

Hopefully we will get some rumours/signings in the coming days!

theonlywayisup
11-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Normally at this time of year this place is full of rumours with players coming or going! This year has been really quiet, whats going on!?! Have to say im disappointed that those itk aren't coming up with the goods:greengrin

Hopefully we will get some rumours/signings in the coming days!

You should read the rumours on the Private Members board.

Aldo
11-01-2014, 07:53 PM

Tsk tsk!!

Gordy M
11-01-2014, 07:58 PM
I did wonder if there was more info on the private members site. But that said, id say its been a lot 'quieter' than previous windows on the main site.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Anyone were interested in(or even rumoured to be interested in!) either goes on a scoring spree, or breaks their foot

SMAXXA
11-01-2014, 08:24 PM
We will see some movement this week starting with Alex Harris signing a new deal :wink:

Gordy M
11-01-2014, 08:29 PM
We will see some movement this week starting with Alex Harris signing a new deal :wink:
Harris signing would be great news! Hopefully more to come then? Good stuff, il look forward to that. Hopefully two or three quality players, which would make a huge difference imo.

Ronniekirk
11-01-2014, 08:32 PM
That's not a transfer though and he is not experienced enough to push us on up the league Wil be mid February before match fit .So looks like Petrie doing his usual move players on before you can bring players in and we loose out .There was talk of Marsella having 200 contacts when he moved to hibs by people trying to offer players are we saying that none of them are good enough for a team that is mid table .Time yet I know but agree lack of rumours is a strange one I expected the opposite

Aldo
11-01-2014, 08:36 PM

That'll do for starters

SMAXXA
11-01-2014, 08:55 PM
That's not a transfer though and he is not experienced enough to push us on up the league Wil be mid February before match fit .So looks like Petrie doing his usual move players on before you can bring players in and we loose out .There was talk of Marsella having 200 contacts when he moved to hibs by people trying to offer players are we saying that none of them are good enough for a team that is mid table .Time yet I know but agree lack of rumours is a strange one I expected the opposite

Wowwwwww and breathe :greengrin, relax man it's early days yet. Don't expect any more than 2 new players in during this window.

Gordy M
11-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Wowwwwww and breathe :greengrin, relax man it's early days yet. Don't expect any more than 2 new players in during this window.
Any ideas from the names you have heard/seen what areas TB is looking to strengthen?

SMAXXA
11-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Any ideas from the names you have heard/seen what areas TB is looking to strengthen?

Striker, winger and full back (possibly wait for shinny in the summer) I was told.

patch1875
11-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Dunno if I posted it earlier but heard were after a RB from Derby.

Gordy M
11-01-2014, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=SMAXXA;3868101]Striker, winger and full back (possibly wait for shinny in the summer) I was told.[/QUOTE
Good stuff mate, heres hoping then.

SteveHFC
11-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Striker, winger and full back (possibly wait for shinny in the summer) I was told.

Miller
Conway
McNaughton

:cb

Islington Hibs
12-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Sorry to ask, but what is the last day of the window this year?

Onceinawhile
12-01-2014, 05:06 PM
31st is a Friday so presumably then.

Keith_M
12-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Maybe we should put the Tumbleweed pictures from the Hearts Transfer Window Thread on here as well :wink:

Potty78
12-01-2014, 05:15 PM

That's 3:) if he gets those in that would be great. Any idea about KT next stop? I heard Dundee utd.

Twa Cairpets
12-01-2014, 05:24 PM

Garbage.
1. There is a player budget, so releasing players frees up budget for players in. This isn't "Petrie", this is relatively straightforward business
2. Today the 12th. We're 1/3 of the way through the window. Care to name how which players we've missed out on that we were going for?
3. On what basis are you making the Marsella comment?
4. Lack of rumours means just that. It may mean we're doing nothing, of course, but it may also (and much more plausibly) that we're doing things quietly and in the way we always have.
5. It's "lose out", not "loose out", unless the lack of rumours has given you rampant diarrhea.

Inch Hibs
12-01-2014, 05:34 PM
I would rather we where patient and signed the right players rather than doing a Fenlon and signing for the sake of it. Bide our time then get a couple of loans and build for next season.

Keith_M
12-01-2014, 05:57 PM
5. It's "lose out", not "loose out", unless the lack of rumours has given you rampant diarrhea.

6. It's 'diarrhoea', not 'diarrhea', unless you're from the US.

:wink:

Twa Cairpets
12-01-2014, 07:14 PM
6. It's 'diarrhoea', not 'diarrhea', unless you're from the US.
:wink:

Good point well made. Spellchecker settings altered.:greengrin

Ronniekirk
12-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Garbage.
1. There is a player budget, so releasing players frees up budget for players in. This isn't "Petrie", this is relatively straightforward business
2. Today the 12th. We're 1/3 of the way through the window. Care to name how which players we've missed out on that we were going for?
3. On what basis are you making the Marsella comment?
4. Lack of rumours means just that. It may mean we're doing nothing, of course, but it may also (and much more plausibly) that we're doing things quietly and in the way we always have.
Don't comment on Garbage just recycle it .

Just Alf
12-01-2014, 07:23 PM
I would rather we where patient and signed the right players rather than doing a Fenlon and signing for the sake of it. Bide our time then get a couple of loans and build for next season.

This 100%
Always seems to be more access to the "better" players during the summer window.

Just Alf
12-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Don't comment on Garbage just recycle it .

Sorry TC .... This made me smile :D

Keith_M
13-01-2014, 08:31 AM
:tumble:

hibee316
13-01-2014, 08:48 AM

I don't understand why people call other's up on their writing skills.
If you are going to, at least make sure your own post is correct! :)

Twa Cairpets
13-01-2014, 10:21 AM
I don't understand why people call other's up on their writing skills.
If you are going to, at least make sure your own post is correct! :)

The perils of iPad posting.
Fair point, and an element of pot/kettle/black but to pull someone up on lose/loose isn't a critique of writing skills, it's highlighting a basic spelling error that particularly irks me.

My biggest problem by far with the post was the still as yet unanswered query regarding which players we've apparently lost out on as a result of Petries frugality?

Ronniekirk
14-01-2014, 12:13 AM
The perils of iPad posting.
Fair point, and an element of pot/kettle/black but to pull someone up on lose/loose isn't a critique of writing skills, it's highlighting a basic spelling error that particularly irks me.

My biggest problem by far with the post was the still as yet unanswered query regarding which players we've apparently lost out on as a result of Petries frugality?
Let me Spell it out Frugality .You hit the nail on the head. All will be revealed in good time . :deal::blushie::lips seal

CB_NO3
14-01-2014, 06:54 AM
Am sure we will have to shift one of the four told to leave first before we bring one in. The only problem is the 4 leaving dont have to go, they can sit their contracts out till the end of the season.

Ronniekirk
14-01-2014, 07:55 AM
Am sure we will have to shift one of the four told to leave first before we bring one in. The only problem is the 4 leaving dont have to go, they can sit their contracts out till the end of the season.
Vine has indicated he doesn't want to sit it out but finding a club that wants him that he wants to go to might be holding that one up so that could go to the wire