PDA

View Full Version : Benchmark

Cabbage Lad
11-01-2014, 08:27 AM
I felt Hibs defended very well for 88 minutes of the game yesterday. Yes we sat back (this needs to be addressed ASAP) but it took a wonder strike to finally beat us. These things happen. Time to move on and take the positives out the game.
As for Aberdeen, surely they should be our benchmark. Similar sized support and stadium but they are 12 months ahead of us under McInnes. They are beginning to fulfil some of their potential and 8 wins out of 9 is impressive in any walks of football.
Under TB we have improved dramatically with the same players wee Pat had. There are always going to be blips here and there but I must admit how refreshing it is to have a manager the players clearly respect and want to work hard for. TB comes across a very diligent man in the media and handles himself very well. We have not had someone like that since Mowbray.
I have no doubt in my mind that we will catch up with Aberdeen, Motherwell, Utd etc next season but for now let's just enjoy the ride. This is as good as it has been for years and hopefully will only get better. Aberdeens squad is better than Hibs just now but I'm sure after the next 2 transfer windows we will be just as good if not better.
Ggtth

manx hibee
11-01-2014, 08:58 AM
I felt Hibs defended very well for 88 minutes of the game yesterday. Yes we sat back (this needs to be addressed ASAP) but it took a wonder strike to finally beat us. These things happen. Time to move on and take the positives out the game.
As for Aberdeen, surely they should be our benchmark. Similar sized support and stadium but they are 12 months ahead of us under McInnes. They are beginning to fulfil some of their potential and 8 wins out of 9 is impressive in any walks of football.
Under TB we have improved dramatically with the same players wee Pat had. There are always going to be blips here and there but I must admit how refreshing it is to have a manager the players clearly respect and want to work hard for. TB comes across a very diligent man in the media and handles himself very well. We have not had someone like that since Mowbray.
I have no doubt in my mind that we will catch up with Aberdeen, Motherwell, Utd etc next season but for now let's just enjoy the ride. This is as good as it has been for years and hopefully will only get better. Aberdeens squad is better than Hibs just now but I'm sure after the next 2 transfer windows we will be just as good if not better.
Ggtth

^^^^^ this 100%

Hibs7
11-01-2014, 09:01 AM
Good post and I totally agree!!

SouthamptonHibs
11-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Unfortunately this is another rebuilding season (Edinburgh Trams project was quicker since Hibs last had a decent team). Butcher will make us better I'm hopeful next season will be our year.
Remainder of this season we need to get a pacey striker in and some pace down the wings if we want to win games. This season has been poor so far (better under TB) but 28 points after two rounds off matches is very poor in a league with no Rangers and a weak Hearts team.
We have a big fight to get 6th place this season, I believe we will finish either 6th or 7th come May.
If we get some luck the cup who knows it could be our year but to help us we need two / three attackers added with pace to this squad as we must be the slowest team in the league going forward!

Report card after 22 games plus cup

0/10 in league cup = unacceptable defeat by yams

10/10 so far in Scottish cup

5/10 for league performances and points (highlights are Butcher and Malpas, the defending as a team and the win v Hearts)

Roll on the next 11 league games, I think we'll need 17pts from 33pts to get top 6