PDA

View Full Version : Murdo MacLeod Talksport last night

gorgie greens
11-01-2014, 06:22 AM
Not sure many would have heard him last night he was on the Andy Gray ,Richard Keys show about 21.30,i had to leave the house missing the last 20 minutes of the game to get to work.
Anyway thanks for the Skol cup Murdo but your just a trumpet of the highest order,the way you were begging the Rangers to be back in The big league as its costing every club money and how Darkheid is only half full now because his beloved Tic have won the title already and they are out of Europe and their fans have no stomach for the League unless it has there mutant cousins from castle greyskull in it,why dont you and your team go and **** off to England (oh forgot they dont want you or the best fans in the world down there)Guess what Murdo we dont want your team either.
He also went on to say that its been years since any club outside the Tic have paid money on a transfer fee for any players (sorry Rod £200,000 dont count as a fee that you paid for Collins)And went on to moan that the Tic have had to let go of their better players and the new ones signed this season are not as good as the ones that left,and said the punishment The Huns should have got was to remain in the big league but to start on minus 20 points for the season but to retain there top league status.
Was shouting at the radio when he was on.what a cock.(him no me)

Steve20
11-01-2014, 07:20 AM
We didn't pay £200,000 for Collins.

Funkydunc
11-01-2014, 07:31 AM
We did pay a fee for him though.

Del Boy
11-01-2014, 07:52 AM
Murdo is an absolute tool, votes Tory as well. Pr1ck.

Leith Green
11-01-2014, 08:53 AM

And also a hun supporter before playing for celtic

Scottie
11-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Just another slavering hasbeen :giruy:

matty_f
11-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Cup winning captain.

sleeping giant
11-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Ask him what his greatest moment in football is.
He'll readily tell you it was winning the Skol Cup with Hibs
Cup winning captain.
I like him.

IWasThere2016
11-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Having spent an evening in Murdo's company, I can say he's a gent. Spoke very fondly of his time at Hibs - and was immensely proud of his time with us. He made a huge on field impact when he joined us and I was a fan.

NAE NOOKIE
11-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Murdo spent many years on the dark side and as a result will never be able to see past the OF are Scottish football way of thinking. I feel sorry for him.

He is a League cup winning captain which makes him a Hibs great. It does not make him immune from talking rubbish.

If anything good has come out of the last few years in Scottish football it is that we now have proof, if proof were ever needed, that the two ugly sisters need each other a hell of a lot more than the rest of Scottish football needs them.

Look at us. The sum contribution that celtic will make to our season is 3,500 fans at one game and the same in the upcoming game at ER. Or put another way, about the same crowd as our home League Cup tie with Stranraer. In what way does that make us reliant on the OF?

Our home fans are just as likely to turn out for games against Aberdeen or Dundee Utd than celtic .... because what used to be a show game of Scottish football has been reduced to just another 3 points at stake and has no bearing whatsoever on the final destination of the league flag.

Winston Ingram
11-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Not sure many would have heard him last night he was on the Andy Gray ,Richard Keys show about 21.30,i had to leave the house missing the last 20 minutes of the game to get to work.
Anyway thanks for the Skol cup Murdo but your just a trumpet of the highest order,the way you were begging the Rangers to be back in The big league as its costing every club money and how Darkheid is only half full now because his beloved Tic have won the title already and they are out of Europe and their fans have no stomach for the League unless it has there mutant cousins from castle greyskull in it,why dont you and your team go and **** off to England (oh forgot they dont want you or the best fans in the world down there)Guess what Murdo we dont want your team either.
He also went on to say that its been years since any club outside the Tic have paid money on a transfer fee for any players (sorry Rod £200,000 dont count as a fee that you paid for Collins)And went on to moan that the Tic have had to let go of their better players and the new ones signed this season are not as good as the ones that left,and said the punishment The Huns should have got was to remain in the big league but to start on minus 20 points for the season but to retain there top league status.

Keys was an absolute embarrassment during the whole Rangers affair, clearly being puppeted by Gray. Every guest was pro Rangers. Good to see they haven't changed. They probably vetted Murdo before hand and if he wasn't singing from their hymn sheet, he wouldn't have got on:agree:

Itsnoteasy
11-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Cup winning captain.

Murdo was doing the commentary when Hibs played DNIPRO. After match in Dnipro airport when he came in we were all singing his name. Not many captains lifted a cup for us so will always be fondly remembered.

Beefster
11-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Some folk get really agitated when someone says something they don't like, huh?

weonlywon6-2
11-01-2014, 12:08 PM

although I don't agree with everything he is saying, Celtic do miss Rangers and vice versa even though they hate each other with a passion. Parkhead is only half full because of this and no competition.

He can blame Rangers for the effect it has caused on Scottish football but the matter of fact is that they crossed the line and had to be punished for it. Its called taking it on the chin and getting on with it

hibby rae
11-01-2014, 12:40 PM

NO WE DON'T!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!:fuming::grr::brickwall

:greengrin

Gatecrasher
11-01-2014, 01:07 PM
The start of the rangers saga was when I stopped listening to talk sport, their lack of knowledge of the Scottish game was embarrassing. Considering they are a national radio station it was inexcusable IMO.

snooky
11-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Murdo spent many years on the dark side and as a result will never be able to see past the OF are Scottish football way of thinking. I feel sorry for him.

He is a League cup winning captain which makes him a Hibs great. It does not make him immune from talking rubbish.

If anything good has come out of the last few years in Scottish football it is that we now have proof, if proof were ever needed, that the two ugly sisters need each other a hell of a lot more than the rest of Scottish football needs them.

Look at us. The sum contribution that celtic will make to our season is 3,500 fans at one game and the same in the upcoming game at ER. Or put another way, about the same crowd as our home League Cup tie with Stranraer. In what way does that make us reliant on the OF?

Our home fans are just as likely to turn out for games against Aberdeen or Dundee Utd than celtic .... because what used to be a show game of Scottish football has been reduced to just another 3 points at stake and has no bearing whatsoever on the final destination of the league flag.

I would suggest that a lot of fans don't turn up for OF, and to some extent HoM, games because of the poisoned backdrop.

heretoday
11-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Keys was an absolute embarrassment during the whole Rangers affair, clearly being puppeted by Gray. Every guest was pro Rangers. Good to see they haven't changed. They probably vetted Murdo before hand and if he wasn't singing from their hymn sheet, he wouldn't have got on:agree:

You're right. It's amazing how that pair have been rehabilitated after some of the most graceless behaviour ever televised.

Don't they do their show from Dubai or some such these days? Their view of women would accord readily with folk in that part of the world I'm sure.

Scott Allan Key
11-01-2014, 01:45 PM
You're right. It's amazing how that pair have been rehabilitated after some of the most graceless behaviour ever televised.

Don't they do their show from Dubai or some such these days? Their view of women would accord readily with folk in that part of the world I'm sure.

ignorant people everywhere in world as you prove with your post. But there are good people too.

Ronniekirk
11-01-2014, 02:00 PM
NO WE DON'T!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!:fuming::grr::brickwall

It's not anger it's just this whole old firm cartel No one else can join there exclusive club and they can't prosper without each other . but what they know full well is they don't want anyone else to have that same power and financial clout to compete and spoil there cosy relationship . Then they will complain the league is boring and not enough challenge from other teams Get them Tae F--- and let the rest of us have a chance at winning things .would be interesting to see if with Sevco missing other teams have won more silverware over the period they were missing compared with the previous years before they were liquidated.

:greengrin
See above for my post

Andy74
11-01-2014, 02:03 PM

Indeed.

Jonnyboy
11-01-2014, 06:00 PM

Exactly. Murdo was asked for his views and he expressed them. Folk might not like his views but he's perfectly entitled to give them.

Oh and by the way, Murdo is a gem to speak with and still has a high regard for Hibs.

marinello59
11-01-2014, 06:05 PM

A Hibs cup winning captain who deserves respect for that alone. I like him. My Mum votes Tory too, I like her as well.

Pretty Boy
11-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Exactly. Murdo was asked for his views and he expressed them. Folk might not like his views but he's perfectly entitled to give them.

Oh and by the way, Murdo is a gem to speak with and still has a high regard for Hibs.

Would agree about Murdo.

Really nice guy who, when i was in his company at a charity night, said the Skol Cup win was right up there as the highlight of his career.

Godsahibby
11-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Watch 'The Club that Wouldn't Die' programme that the bbc did and tell me after that If you still feel the same way about him.

sleeping giant
11-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Watch 'The Club that Wouldn't Die' programme that the bbc did and tell me after that If you still feel the same way about him.

Nodding smiley :-)

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Remember Celtc fans saying that they would have to look at imposing " sanctions" on other clubs if the The Rangers were not howked out of the SPL. Think they were going to stop washing once a week of something. Bit of a surprise now that it looks like they are imposing sanctions on their own club, cos they don't have the The Rangers to play against.

Jonnyboy
11-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Remember Celtc fans saying that they would have to look at imposing " sanctions" on other clubs if the The Rangers were not howked out of the SPL. Think they were going to stop washing once a week of something. Bit of a surprise now that it looks like they are imposing sanctions on their own club, cos they don't have the The Rangers to play against.

Don't you mean a year?

Aldo
11-01-2014, 09:30 PM
A former colleague used to play alongside Murdo and said he was a good guy. Kept the team together (spirit) during the hard times and led from the front.

Steve-O
11-01-2014, 09:49 PM

Correct.

Basically this doughnut is saying "Celtic fans are bored and it's no fair" but applying some argument that somehow this means Scottish football is suffering to make it seem a bigger issue than it really is.

Can you imagine if Celtic were about 3rd in the league right now? Their fans would be going completely mental. They're not happy either way!

Murdo speaks well on that BBC doco about Hibs Skol Cup team, but on the other side of the coin, I have heard him talk some utter pish down the years as well.

E10 Rifle
11-01-2014, 11:01 PM
Murdo is a great guy - who cares what he says on radio now, for us he was superb (ultimately shafted by Alex Miller)

gorgie greens
11-01-2014, 11:14 PM

Hibs cup winning captain or not,he came across as a guy who could not give a monkey about what the Huns did,he came across as arrogant .

Dashing Bob S
11-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Gray and Keys remind me of Robbo and Bladesy in the movie Filth.

Beefster
12-01-2014, 07:52 AM
Hibs cup winning captain or not,he came across as a guy who could not give a monkey about what the Huns did,he came across as arrogant .

No wonder you got hyper-agitated then. Personally, I've not been this pissed off about someone saying something since Mrs Beefster admitted she had cooked my fillet steak well-done.

marinello59
12-01-2014, 08:06 AM

Good point. Cup winning captain or not, until he gets SPORTING INTEGRITY tattooed on his forehead I will dismiss everything he says. He either toes the party line or shuts up. :agree:

smurf
12-01-2014, 10:47 AM

Well said.

heretoday
12-01-2014, 11:37 AM
ignorant people everywhere in world as you prove with your post. But there are good people too.

:hmmm: