PDA

View Full Version : Willo Flood

Frazerbob
11-01-2014, 01:30 AM
What was his celebration all about? He just scored a very late winner with a wonder strike but rather than head to any of 4 home stands, he makes a bee line for the Hibs support. I was sat in a box in the main stand so couldn't really hear the Hibs fans. Were we giving him stick during the match?

Steven_Hibs
11-01-2014, 01:31 AM
What was his celebration all about? He just scored a very late winner with a wonder strike but rather than head to any of 4 home stands, he makes a bee line for the Hibs support. I was sat in a box in the main stand so couldn't really hear the Hibs fans. Were we giving him stick during the match?

He probably thought that was the home fans

marinello59
11-01-2014, 05:33 AM
It really was a strange one. I have no idea why he was so angry with us that he felt the need to do that.

MWHIBBIES
11-01-2014, 05:37 AM
Maybe Frodo was in our end?

Viva_Palmeiras
11-01-2014, 06:10 AM

Of all the folks to ask Abergreen from Aberdeen ;) did you escape the granite city for the evening or are you a bit short after holiday revelry ?

essexhibee
11-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Really is a very strange looking thing. His facial expression when he scored was very very odd the alien had no need to go right up to our fans.

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-01-2014, 08:24 AM
A retrospective yellow card? he deserves it after that celebration, utterly no call for that.

Frazerbob
11-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Of all the folks to ask Abergreen from Aberdeen ;) did you escape the granite city for the evening or are you a bit short after holiday revelry ?

Sorry, you've lost me.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-01-2014, 09:47 AM
He's got previous for celebrating goals in front of opposition fans. Little weirdo

Billychaotic182
11-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Every time he had the ball a few lads behind me shouted "feeeetus!!" At him. Which may explain his celebration

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Maybe our new patronising Aberdeen fan could pop along to explain why he keeps doing this? Maybe Aberdeen are sooooo amazing this season and scoring so many goals, that their players just want to share some enjoyment with less fortunate fans?

Phil D. Rolls
11-01-2014, 09:51 AM
An utter disgrace, "they" should do something about this sort of thing. Where will it all end?

deeks01
11-01-2014, 10:05 AM
When seeing it on the tv given his rather shocked looking face and his weird Forrest Gump like run, my explanation is he got rather a big fright at the loud noises when the ball hit the net & was simply trying to run away before he managed to pull himself together... Could be wrong. But the expression on his ugly coupon would have been hilarious if he'd scored against any other team.

#FromTheCapital
11-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Sure he done this to hearts fans recently when he played for utd.

NGP
11-01-2014, 10:42 AM
I am always amazed when people seem to get upset by a player celebrating a goal. I love it when a Hibs player gives it tight to opposition fans, so no issue when it happens to us. Players getting booked for celebrating a goal is just another step towards the sanitisation of the game.

GreenLake
11-01-2014, 10:53 AM
He looks like an ugly little brother of Jay Spearing

Frazerbob
11-01-2014, 10:56 AM
I am always amazed when people seem to get upset by a player celebrating a goal. I love it when a Hibs player gives it tight to opposition fans, so no issue when it happens to us. Players getting booked for celebrating a goal is just another step towards the sanitisation of the game.

I wasn't upset, I was just wondering why he did it. Seemed very odd unless he was getting it tight during the match.

keep the faith
11-01-2014, 10:57 AM
He is a big mate of Fenlon i recall.

Iggy Pope
11-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Sorry, you've lost me.

That's happened to me before. Careful though. The next response might be in Spanish and then you'll be rooked.

Have to say I am with you on Flood. What a pain in the arse that boy is.

GreenLake
11-01-2014, 11:09 AM
He is a big mate of Fenlon i recall.

Maybe they can retire together and reminisce together as legends of the SPL

hibsbollah
11-01-2014, 11:09 AM
The strangest looking creature ive ever seen. Deserves our pity.

LancashireHibby
11-01-2014, 11:14 AM
He looks like an ugly little brother of Jay Spearing
Wish Spearing could shoot like that though.

bigwheel
11-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Wish Spearing could shoot like that though.

No idea about the celebration - but he was outstanding for them last night - as he was earlier in the season at Easter Road.

NGP
11-01-2014, 11:30 AM
I wasn't upset, I was just wondering why he did it. Seemed very odd unless he was getting it tight during the match.

Not aimed at you. A couple of comments on this thread & previous 'should be booked / banned / who does he think he is' because someone celebrates a goal.

Baader
11-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Not aimed at you. A couple of comments on this thread & previous 'should be booked / banned / who does he think he is' because someone celebrates a goal.

Like Steve Fulton, should have been booked for being ugly...

Billychaotic182
11-01-2014, 11:40 AM
People who are complaining at flood are probably the same people who thought it was funny when Benji did it against hearts. Let the players celebrate how they like as I said in a previous post people behind me were yelling at him every time he had the ball so no wonder he wanted to shut them up. kris Boyd did it to the dons this season as well and I'm sure I read on here that people thought it was daft to book him

...WentToMowAnSPL
11-01-2014, 11:47 AM
From the look on his face he was as surprised as anyone

GreenLake
11-01-2014, 11:50 AM
From the look on his face he was as surprised as anyone

lol

Mikeystewart
11-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned but Flood did not run to the Hibs fans he ran to the Aberdeen fans sharing a stand with the Hibs fans. People need to chill lol.

VivaHiberņa
11-01-2014, 02:58 PM
To me it looked like he went towards us. Not that I care, the boy got abuse from some of our support through the whole game so I've no issue with a player who gives some back.

Chanting "You're just a wee ugly baby" did make me giggle, even if it's unbelievably immature.

Frazerbob
11-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned but Flood did not run to the Hibs fans he ran to the Aberdeen fans sharing a stand with the Hibs fans. People need to chill lol.

No he didn't. He ran to the touch line right in front of the Hibs fans. I was curious as to why. I've had a couple of possible reasons? The Pat Fenlon connection and he was seemingly getting stick.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Defo ran to the Hibs fans. The Aberdeen fans in that stand were much further up the pitch. Doesn't really bother me either, just seems weird that he feels the need to repeatedly celebrate goals in front of opposition fans. Especially at home when he has 3 other stands to choose from

weonlywon6-2
11-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Is flood not davie dodds love child ???

Aldo
11-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Is flood not davie dodds love child ???

You might have something there btw

weonlywon6-2
11-01-2014, 05:14 PM
You might have something there btw

Its close,hope the csa dont find out

Aldo
11-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Its close,hope the csa dont find out

Ha ha

marinello59
11-01-2014, 05:25 PM

It didn't bother me in the slightest. it was just strange to see an angry foetus sliding towards us. I'm with you on the booking thing, no need for it at all.

It was straight to the Hibs fans for a GIRUY, nowhere near the Sheep. If he scores at ER I wonder if he will do the same to the East Stand. Now that could be amusing. :greengrin

craigmounthibby
11-01-2014, 07:28 PM
People who are complaining at flood are probably the same people who thought it was funny when Benji did it against hearts. Let the players celebrate how they like as I said in a previous post people behind me were yelling at him every time he had the ball so no wonder he wanted to shut them up. kris Boyd did it to the dons this season as well and I'm sure I read on here that people thought it was daft to book him
I agree, but you get booked for certain acts of celebrating a goal (leaving the pitch, taking your shirt off etc.). Should be consistent and no bookings at all, or changed to include a booking for noising up opposition supporters.

hibees 7062
11-01-2014, 07:51 PM
http://rs772.pbsrc.com/albums/yy10/achillefs/Funny%20gif%20animations/alien28.gif~c200

brog
11-01-2014, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=hibsbollah;3867275]The strangest looking creature ive ever seen. Deserves our pity.

Are you serious? Have you seen Brian Jackson? Willo looks like Brad Pitt by comparison!

hibees 7062
11-01-2014, 07:56 PM
http://rs722.pbsrc.com/albums/ww226/philpoo/aliens/1e1ca737.gif~c200

SaulGoodman
11-01-2014, 07:58 PM
It annoyed me more the fact he ignored every Hibs player at full time

Jonnyboy
11-01-2014, 07:59 PM
It didn't bother me in the slightest. it was just strange to see an angry foetus sliding towards us. I'm with you on the booking thing, no need for it at all.

It was straight to the Hibs fans for a GIRUY, nowhere near the Sheep. If he scores at ER I wonder if he will do the same to the East Stand. Now that could be amusing. :greengrin

:greengrin

hibees 7062
11-01-2014, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=hibsbollah;3867275]The strangest looking creature ive ever seen. Deserves our pity.

Are you serious? Have you seen Brian Jackson? Willo looks like Brad Pitt by comparison!

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/68705000/jpg/_68705858_bryan_jackson.jpghttps://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDjAAh7QHKgXFqQHaBjVzUo01Hp3i2W nACrRB3la1c5miDB3OW0g

Same guy or what ?

Viva_Palmeiras
11-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Sorry, you've lost me.

Aberdeen based Hibee asks a question of a game between Hibs and Aberdeen at Pittodrie - of all the potential Hibees to attend the game you'd be high up there unless mitigating circumstances. So in other words - why weren't you there?

marinello59
11-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Aberdeen based Hibee asks a question of a game between Hibs and Aberdeen at Pittodrie - of all the potential Hibees to attend the game you'd be high up there unless mitigating circumstances. So in other words - why weren't you there?

He was there.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-01-2014, 08:57 PM
He was there.

Doh! Duncey cap for me ! Apologies Abergreen.

weonlywon6-2
11-01-2014, 10:28 PM
[QUOTE=brog;3868084]

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/68705000/jpg/_68705858_bryan_jackson.jpghttps://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDjAAh7QHKgXFqQHaBjVzUo01Hp3i2W nACrRB3la1c5miDB3OW0g

Same guy or what ?

Now what we have here is the dad and uncle of davie dodds wjo as we know is the father of wilo downpour

hibees 7062
12-01-2014, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=hibees 7062;3868104]

Now what we have here is the dad and uncle of davie dodds wjo as we know is the father of wilo downpour

Vladimer Jackson and Brian Putin :greengrin

yeezus.
12-01-2014, 07:07 PM

A few Hibees were calling him an alien. Myself included.

Mikeystewart
13-01-2014, 09:21 AM
No he didn't. He ran to the touch line right in front of the Hibs fans. I was curious as to why. I've had a couple of possible reasons? The Pat Fenlon connection and he was seemingly getting stick.

I rest my case.

http://www.afc.co.uk/javaImages/27/f7/0,,10284~12515111,00.jpg

There is another image showing 0 Hibs fans in the first 10-15 rows of seats, why would he celebrate in front of empty seats when he has a few thousand of his won fans to the right of him, he just ran in a straight line parallel from the position he scored.

I find it depressing/embarrassing that some people are moaning about it (i know marinello59 doesn't care). If it had been Collins at the other end i would have been loving it if he did a :giruy: to the Sheep.

marinello59
13-01-2014, 09:28 AM
I rest my case.

http://www.afc.co.uk/javaImages/27/f7/0,,10284~12515111,00.jpg

There is another image showing 0 Hibs fans in the first 10-15 rows of seats, why would he celebrate in front of empty seats when he has a few thousand of his won fans to the right of him, he just ran in a straight line parallel from the position he scored.

I find it depressing/embarrassing that some people are moaning about it (i know marinello59 doesn't care). If it had been Collins at the other end i would have been loving it if he did a :giruy: to the Sheep.

That picture doesn't show what he did and proves nothing. It happened right in front of me. I may be going senile but I ain't that bad yet.:greengrin
Yes, there were empty seats at the front. As to why he chose to give GIRUY to the Hibs fans instead of celebrating with the sheep fans, you would have to ask him that. As I said, it was simply strange.

mc5-the-don
13-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Think he just ran in the direction he was facing, I wouldn't read much into it. He wasn't giving any GIRUY gestures to the Hibs fans.

As an aside, he's been an amazing signing for us. He might look like the Chernobyl Jannie, but he's a cracking player. Unbelievable workrate and fearless.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

James McPique
13-01-2014, 10:13 PM
I must say it seemed like he came right over to the away end to me. Although he was getting quite a bit of stick throughout the game so I cant really fault him. The previous Aberdeen game saw Sparky get quite a bit of abuse from the Aberdeen fans for the usual reasons, plus the whole Tesco fiasco happened the day before. If Sparky had shoved it up them with a goal like that I would have loved it if he celebrated at their end.