PDA

View Full Version : The Sheep......The Sheep.......

mc5-the-don
10-01-2014, 10:38 PM
........THE SHEEP ARE ON FIRE!!!

Thanks for the song guys ♥

Thought Hibs worked hard tonight and defended well in the 2nd half. But...really lack quality in midfield and attack. You'll fight it out with St Johnstone for 6th place, I reckon. Good platform for Butcher to build on. Think you'll replace Inverness next season, as one of four teams fighting for 2nd spot....along with thevDons, Motherwell and Utd.

3pm
10-01-2014, 10:42 PM
You're ***** pal. No where as good as you seem to think you are.

SaulGoodman
Can't tell if patronising, big headed or both.

Wotherspiniesta
Will look forward to sending you packing in the cup again this season :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2014, 10:43 PM
We'll jump Inverness and maybe even united for 4th. Motherwell will grab 2nd when Aberdeens luck runs out.

S4uzee
10-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Aberdeen had a good half to the season and they think they're it! Be funny when they get put out both cups in February which will leave the "famous red army" reeling

SeanWilson
10-01-2014, 10:52 PM

Thought Hibs worked hard tonight and defended well in the 2nd half. But...really lack quality in midfield and attack. You'll fight it out with St Johnstone for 6th place, I reckon. Good platform for Butcher to build on. Think you'll replace Inverness next season, as one of four teams fighting for 2nd spot....along with thevDons, Motherwell and Utd.

Away! A game with nothing in it bar a freak (all be it well taken) goal.... Aberdeen are looking pretty good, however nowhere near as far ahead of us as you seem to think.

kaimendhibs
10-01-2014, 10:54 PM

You are no big shakes mate. Scraped a one nil at home, wait till butcher brings in his own players. Now away and lie down,

Sent from my iphone

Nevi_SOL
10-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Haha, should have finished 0-0, no one was the better side, I think when your luck runs out you aswell will be scrapping for top 6

Ronniekirk
10-01-2014, 10:55 PM

You are right about lack of creativity and no potent strikers on regular basis but the goal should never of happened if we cleared the ball better and closed down flood We did neither and you got lucky win A draw would of been fair result

Viva_Palmeiras
10-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Hoo's yer doos MC?

Fit fit does this bit fit?

You built a' these hooses between Dundee and Aberdeen but do we call you MC the hoose-builder? Naw!
you built a' the roads between Dundee and Aberdeen but do we call you MC the road builder?
Naw!
You **** one sheep...! :)

Enjoy the victory - well be stronger the next time out for sure.

Jonnyboy
10-01-2014, 11:01 PM

More noise in your post than the Dons fans made tonight.

Disappointed you felt the need to gloat. Williams had one save to make all night. Yer that good :wink:

Gustavo Fring
10-01-2014, 11:02 PM
if the sheep are on fire , burnt pubes all round in the granite city ?

WestEndHibee
10-01-2014, 11:16 PM

I used to think that dons fans were quite level headed. You seem to think you're world beaters now! You might need to take the red tinted specs off pal. You'll hit a dip and I think it'll happen soon. I will say you're one of the best (outside the unwashed) but dinnae be getting ahead of yourself. What I saw from you tonight was pretty uninspiring. Miles away from where you think you are.

Onceinawhile
10-01-2014, 11:20 PM
to be fair... I think that's 9 wins in the last 10 games... I think there would be plenty people on here getting carried away with it if it was us.

It's maybe a bit of bad chat to come on the forum of the team you've just beaten and gloat, but the guy's clearly a wee bit of a nobber.

Jones28
10-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Patronising, old firm esque pish

marinello59
10-01-2014, 11:38 PM

It was the only song you sung all night with any gusto and only after you scored. Which given that your over hyped team is actually rather poor is understandable. No wonder Flood celebrated his goal in front of us, it was the only part of the ground with any genuine passion.
We know we have a long way to go yet. You think you are already there.

mc5-the-don
10-01-2014, 11:48 PM
I am genuinely happy to see Hibs on the up, getting back where they belong. I'm sure Butcher will uncover a few gems over the next 2 transfer windows. Good times ahead, methinks.

As for the Dons - we are managing to win, even when not at our best, or when other teams defend in numbers. Sign of a good team IMHO. Feels like something special is happening under McIness. Hope he hangs around for long enough to see it through.

CallumLaidlaw
10-01-2014, 11:48 PM

18 months between your posts says it all. Enjoy your 6 months in the sun.

You's looked good for 15 minutes in the first half today. Outwith Flood you looked bang average. Motherwell should finish 2nd, as at least they are exciting.

And I'm sure you're splurge on wages will catch up with you

MWHIBBIES
10-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Patronising, old firm esque pishThis, embarrassing to read.

kaimendhibs
11-01-2014, 12:01 AM
I am genuinely happy to see Hibs on the up, getting back where they belong. I'm sure Butcher will uncover a few gems over the next 2 transfer windows. Good times ahead, methinks.

As for the Dons - we are managing to win, even when not at our best, or when other teams defend in numbers. Sign of a good team IMHO. Feels like something special is happening under McIness. Hope he hangs around for long enough to see it through.

Thanks, . Enjoy your lofty heights while you are there, watch and not get the bends during the rapid descent

Sent from my iphone

SonOfTortolano
11-01-2014, 12:02 AM
Cannot believe we are feeding this ...please delete the thread

Billychaotic182
11-01-2014, 12:13 AM
Patronising yes but there is truth in what he's saying

Hermit Crab
11-01-2014, 12:22 AM

I guarantee you Aberdeen will play a lot better and lose convincingly. I expected to see a better performance from them tonight. Realistically you are no better than anyone else in the top six just now. If flood gets injured then you are average at best. That boy Vernon is honking by the way and Robson looks like David moyes laddie.

thekaratekid
11-01-2014, 12:52 AM

Hearts beat you 3-1 at home.

I don't think any other team in the league can say that.

Well done.

SaulGoodman
11-01-2014, 12:58 AM

Yous aren't famous any more. He'll **** off as soon as he gets a better offer from some English league one team.

That's the joy of the Scottish game.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-01-2014, 06:03 AM
I guarantee you Aberdeen will play a lot better and lose convincingly. I expected to see a better performance from them tonight. Realistically you are no better than anyone else in the top six just now. If flood gets injured then you are average at best. That boy Vernon is honking by the way and Robson looks like David moyes laddie.

You mean him?

andy1875
11-01-2014, 07:20 AM

Away an talk up how good yer mighty Dons are on an AFC forum, a team that have won sweet FA for 20 years.

Pete
11-01-2014, 07:31 AM
Jings. This is all a bit harsh. :-(

It's good to have opinions from supporters of other teams.

Del Boy
11-01-2014, 07:32 AM
19 years won F*** all

Cabbage East
11-01-2014, 07:51 AM
We were ***** last night and yous still struggled to beat us, at home. You aren't any better than us. And you haven't won a trophy for about 20 years :faf:

CentreLine
11-01-2014, 07:52 AM
19 years won F*** all

Come on! The guy's come on with an amusing but harmless post and the most imaginative we can be is to give abuse. Perhaps we should concentrate on better songs of our own. The recently adopted F the
Hearts is hardly a classic. Go on yourself OP and enjoy the moment but the Hibees are coming up on the rails under TB

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2014, 07:56 AM
You mean him?

That's been doctored - they were talking about it on talksport the other day.

green day
11-01-2014, 07:57 AM
Come on! The guy's come on with an amusing but harmless post and the most imaginative we can be is to give abuse. Perhaps we should concentrate on better songs of our own. The recently adopted F the
Hearts is hardly a classic. Go on yourself OP and enjoy the moment but the Hibees are coming up on the rails under TB

No, he came on to gloat.

P.s. great atmosphere by The Red Army last night, eh? They really are dull as dog****.

Bostonhibby
11-01-2014, 08:11 AM
I thought wee Shaun Lawson was a yam?

He is interested in small to medium sized animals, but Shaun the sheep?

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Come on you reds...how original... and a Hibs song I couldn't quite make out the words to, also, why do they think they should get a penalty every single time one of their players goes down in the box?

Niffy
11-01-2014, 08:28 AM
You mean him?

Wholly ****... It's Plug !

matty_f
11-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Perhaps the most successful bit of fishing an Aberdonian will do this week.

carnoustiehibee
11-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Jings. This is all a bit harsh. :-(

It's good to have opinions from supporters of other teams.

I'm reading the tread thinking the exact same.

One Day Soon
11-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Perhaps the most successful bit of fishing an Aberdonian will do this week.

Good grief, trawling more like.

Tight game, they found a winner so he's entitled to gloat a bit. Otherwise let's just take all banter out of the game and we can turn it into something like competitive dominoes.

JustSimplyHibs
11-01-2014, 09:28 AM

Tight game where Hibs were off the boil and it still took a wonder goal from a player who hardly scores - thats all Williams had to do all night - pick the ball out the net.

We'll pump you on our patch on the 5th April (even with our current team), till then, keep getting these lucky 3 points, you'll need em'!!!

clerriehibs
11-01-2014, 09:40 AM

Dunno why there's many negative replies to this.

His points re Hibs are bang on.

He isn't bigging up Aberdeen, just making the point that their current favourite song was kindly donated by Hibees.

Phil D. Rolls
11-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Can't tell if patronising, big headed or both.

Fans from the 80s know the answer to that one.

mc5-the-don
11-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Have heard you guys sing 'The Sheep Are On Fire' loads (after a Dons fan in a sheep costume was hospitalised, after being set on fire by a Hibs fan)...so it's been nice to claim the song as our own, with a possitive spin.

Don't think there is anything wrong with a bit if good natured banter between fans. I've always been respectful towards hibs, their fans and this board.

Maybe I haven't seen enough of the new Hibs to say you will only finish 6th (ICT seem on the slide...), but I have seen enough of The Dons to be confident about finishing 2nd. It's between us and Motherwell...and I feel we have a stronger squad - a point Stuart McCall made on the radio a couple of nights ago.

Looking foward to 12,000 Sheep descending on Tynecastle in a few weeks time!!!

#COYR

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

shagpile
11-01-2014, 09:57 AM

Aberdeen are indeed managing to win when not playing well. If I were a dons fan, the thing that would worry me slightly is the fact McInnes is now signing guys on loan. Hector has been a regular ,but is now offski. Tate on loan. Possibly Goodwillie too.
Maybe some out of contract too at seasons end?
But, take it while it's going because ---as i'm sure you know------it's been a long wait.

Oh, & will it be 3 losses to the yams?

clerriehibs
11-01-2014, 10:00 AM
Have heard you guys sing 'The Sheep Are On Fire' loads (after a Dons fan in a sheep costume was hospitalised, after being set on fire by a Hibs fan)...so it's been nice to claim the song as our own, with a possitive spin.

Don't think there is anything wrong with a bit if good natured banter between fans. I've always been respectful towards hibs, their fans and this board.

Maybe I haven't seen enough of the new Hibs to say you will only finish 6th (ICT seem on the slide...), but I have seen enough of The Dons to be confident about finishing 2nd. It's between us and Motherwell...and I feel we have a stronger squad - a point Stuart McCall made on the radio a couple of nights ago.

#COYR

Ignoring the rest of it, a big support at tynecastle is an interesting point. Seeing as the yams are in financial dire straits, I wonder if BDO have considered shifting fans out of gorgie road end and putting them into the many empty seats in the asbestand and the wheatfield, thereby freeing up space for the celtc, aberdeen and Hibee hordes when we all turn up for the goalfest and to collect our 3 points?

The yamifications of that might be unpalatable, but BDO have to put finances first ...

shagpile
11-01-2014, 10:01 AM

#COYR

Neither have we. It is still the same side Pat Fenlon built.I [we] are hoping to improve a bit more yet.

cabbageandribs1875
11-01-2014, 10:08 AM

#COYR

mind and take all the necessary inoculations before visiting the asbestos-ridden wongadome

Eyrie
11-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Good grief, trawling more like.

Tight game, they found a winner so he's entitled to gloat a bit. Otherwise let's just take all banter out of the game and we can turn it into something like competitive dominoes.
I think the OP would be treated better if he'd been on here before the game rather than waiting until he knew the result.

No, he came on to gloat.

P.s. great atmosphere by The Red Army last night, eh? They really are dull as dog****.
Hence the old joke about Aberdeen's mascot being Russell the Sweetie Paper.

cabbageandribs1875
11-01-2014, 10:39 AM
I think the OP would be treated better if he'd been on here before the game rather than waiting until he knew the result.

he was

joe breezy
11-01-2014, 11:22 AM
More noise in your post than the Dons fans made tonight.

Disappointed you felt the need to gloat. Williams had one save to make all night. Yer that good :wink:

They sounded quite loud on the telly once they scored - a bit like us against Hearts (in that sing when we're winning style) - heard it was a decent support as well considering it was a game on TV on a Friday night

I was in Amsterdam during the day so just got back in time for last 20 minutes but thought other than the goal it was pretty poor from both sides

Keith_M
11-01-2014, 12:09 PM
http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/a%20gone%20fishin%20smiley.gif

I would just like to congratulate the OP on such a succesful Fishing Trip

:applause:

The_Horde
11-01-2014, 12:29 PM
The sheep. Never a bigger bunch of glory hunters have I come across!

That said, the sheep are on fire song is terrible and i cringe whenever we sing it. Because you almost always go up the park and score then sing it back. Pointless!

But then If you weren't a fair weather fan, like most sheep, you'd know that this has been going on for a couple of years now.

God Petrie
11-01-2014, 12:31 PM
The Aberdeen fans frothing at the gash about winning a few games are funny. Tinpot team with tinpot fans who seem to spend the whole game watching 1980s reruns on their phone instead of supporting their team judging by the atmosphere from the "famous" aberdeen fans yesterday.

The_Horde
11-01-2014, 12:38 PM

Why would the famous dons have to sing against mere Hibernian?

Next they'll start calling themselves the big team.

I ****ing hate Aberdeen

green.and.white
11-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Wheeeere were you when you were sh*te?

Keith_M
11-01-2014, 12:45 PM

Ignoring the rest of it, a big support at tynecastle is an interesting point. Seeing as the yams are in financial dire straits, I wonder if BDO have considered shifting fans out of gorgie road end and putting them into the many empty seats in the asbestand and the wheatfield, thereby freeing up space for the celtc, aberdeen and Hibee hordes when we all turn up for the goalfest and to collect our 3 points?

The yamifications of that might be unpalatable, but BDO have to put finances first ...

I think he means the Semi Final, not in the League, so not an issue.

Just a question for most of the people replying on this thread so vociferously. Whatever happened to Football Banter?

joe breezy
11-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Wheeeere were you when you were sh*te?

They still are ***** unfortunately

I like to see Aberdeen do well on the pitch bar when they play us - one if the only non bigot clubs that can get a decent support

givescotlandfreedom
11-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Aberdeen are the Hearts of the north - massively deluded and usually amount to nothing.

green.and.white
11-01-2014, 01:02 PM
They still are ***** unfortunately

I like to see Aberdeen do well on the pitch bar when they play us - one if the only non bigot clubs that can get a decent support

I don't, because they start acting like this OP.

StevieC
11-01-2014, 02:13 PM
I like to see Aberdeen do well on the pitch bar when they play us - one of the only non bigot clubs that can get a decent support

I agree, I don't mind Aberdeen either. Decent size of support, although suffering from delusions of grandeur based on the 80's success.

I don't have an issue with the OP, I wish more football supporters of other teams came on and posted.

Keekaboo asked "what happened to football banter?" .. unfortunately the Internet is awash with pr***s that use message boards as an opportunity to "act big" without the worry of a slap. Just try going on JKB and posting as a Hibs supporter ... :rolleyes:

therealgavmac
11-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Hearts beat you 3-1 at home.

I don't think any other team in the league can say that.

Well done.

:hilarious

GreenLake
11-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Dicko Deluge carried your peaking team sitting second during a severe period of weakness in the major Scottish clubs. How exciting for you.

ahibby
11-01-2014, 03:26 PM
The best we could have got last night was a draw and might have got that had we not made so many changes. I think we ended the game with four under 20s in our team. Hearts are moaning about having to play youngsters while we do it by choice. Derek McInnes has about a year start on TB at building his side so I expected a Dons win last night and made some money from it. The op is right when he says we lack quality up front and mid field. We also lack pace. We are playing Forster at right back when he is a CB, which doesn't give us much of a threat on the wing and leaves us vulnerable at RB. I don't mean to complain about any of that as I can fully understand why and I think it is a good thing to do, considering we almost got a draw away from the team in 2nd spot. I'd expect TB to change players pretty much whole sale over the next two seasons. His set up with the players he brings in to play that way will see Hibs in 2nd spot next season and the youngsters he is blooding this season will be in the picture again next season but it's unlikely they'll all get on in the same game the way they did last night.

tamig
11-01-2014, 05:49 PM

#COYR

Good on you for coming on here bud. Your team have had a great season so far. Its still early days for us with TB and we're improving quickly. Don't worry about the erses on here.

SaulGoodman
11-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Good on you for coming on here bud. Your team have had a great season so far. Its still early days for us with TB and we're improving quickly. Don't worry about the erses on here.

Why are we 'erses' for refusing to be nice to someone that's came on here straight after their own teams just beat us, told us how comfortable they looked and spouted some patronising pish about how we're 'not that bad'

I don't know about you but after a Hibs win I'd rather go celebrate on a Hibs forum than go to some rival teams forum and give them my commiserations.

Aldo
11-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Why are we 'erses' for refusing to be nice to someone that's came on here straight after their own teams just beat us, told us how comfortable they looked and spouted some patronising pish about how we're 'not that bad' I don't know about you but after a Hibs win I'd rather go celebrate on a Hibs forum than go to some rival teams forum and give them my commiserations.

Agreed. It was his condescending comments and all round told you so attitude and gloating that got folks goat. It's bad enough on here at times without throbbers, yes throbbers, like him who follow other teams come on here and gloat about beating us.

I am aware that others who follow other teams come on here but they don't mouth off or gloat like that.

Rant over

WestEndHibee
11-01-2014, 06:27 PM
http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/a%20gone%20fishin%20smiley.gif

I would just like to congratulate the OP on such a succesful Fishing Trip

:applause:

Success rate has been remarkable! It's easier on a Friday (pub game) night after a loss however #excuses. :greengrin

Keith_M
11-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Agreed. It was his condescending comments and all round told you so attitude and gloating that got folks goat. It's bad enough on here at times without throbbers, yes throbbers, like him who follow other teams come on here and gloat about beating us.

I am aware that others who follow other teams come on here but they don't mouth off or gloat like that.

Rant over

Whatever happened to BlueIsTheColour and that Celtc supporting Fud (whose username escapes me just now) we used to have on here?

Aldo
11-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Whatever happened to BlueIsTheColour and that Celtc supporting Fud (whose username escapes me just now) we used to have on here?

Aye sorry forgot bout them 2. The Smellic knob going on about us all being brothers and that.

3pm
11-01-2014, 06:34 PM

Jack Regan?

tamig
11-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Why are we 'erses' for refusing to be nice to someone that's came on here straight after their own teams just beat us, told us how comfortable they looked and spouted some patronising pish about how we're 'not that bad'

I don't know about you but after a Hibs win I'd rather go celebrate on a Hibs forum than go to some rival teams forum and give them my commiserations.
Didn't think the guy was impolite or anything and I thought his comments were fairly reasonable imo. Didn't think he had to put up with some of the pish spouted on this thread. The pish spouters imo are erses. As several other posters have mentioned, whatever happened to banter? Are you the type that slags off players for 90 mins then if you get a finger or a wink in return you 're up in arms about it? Get a grip man.

SaulGoodman
11-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Didn't think the guy was impolite or anything and I thought his comments were fairly reasonable imo. Didn't think he had to put up with some of the pish spouted on this thread. The pish spouters imo are erses. As several other posters have mentioned, whatever happened to banter? Are you the type that slags off players for 90 mins then if you get a finger or a wink in return you 're up in arms about it? Get a grip man.

What are you so up in arms about? Telling me to get a grip because I have a different view than you. And where did you get this pish about me slagging off players for 90 minutes?

I don't know what world you live in but what kind of reaction do you think you'd get if you went to the dons forum and said the exact same as the OP said on Friday?

Our replies are about as much 'banter' as the OP's is, or do you want us to suck it up, be polite and tell them good game chaps?

SaulGoodman
11-01-2014, 07:29 PM

I must apologise for my previous tone OP, it appears I wasn't in on this 'banter'

Very well done on your fantastic win on Friday and good luck in your quest for second.

We'll get you next time you pesky dons, you

tamig
11-01-2014, 07:34 PM
I must apologise for my previous tone OP, it appears I wasn't in on this 'banter'

Very well done on your fantastic win on Friday and good luck in your quest for second.

We'll get you next time you pesky dons, you
Very nice old chap. That's the spirit! :-)

LancsHibs
11-01-2014, 07:36 PM
I'm confident that Hibs will be higher than Aberdeen next season. I'm expecting big things next season and excited about it already:tbgwa:

SaulGoodman
11-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Very nice old chap. That's the spirit! :-)

Yes, this banter is much more pleasant :wink:

Eyrie
11-01-2014, 09:50 PM
he was
There's a big difference between registering on here in 2005 and actually posting during the week before the game. I don't recall him doing the latter.

cabbageandribs1875
12-01-2014, 09:04 AM
There's a big difference between registering on here in 2005 and actually posting during the week before the game. I don't recall him doing the latter.

he did post before the game

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?277143-Score-Prediction-for-Tonight

Eyrie
12-01-2014, 10:51 AM
he did post before the game

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?277143-Score-Prediction-for-Tonight

Fair enough.

The Sea-gull
12-01-2014, 07:50 PM

#COYR

Thought your op contained a large amount of truths if a little patronising. Remember, Aberdeen have been bottom 6 for 4 seasons on the bounce now compared to our 3, we finished above you last season and have won a cup 12 years more recently than you have not to mention have appeared in 5 finals since you last sampled one. You boys are quite rightly bumping your gums just now. You have a good squad, manager, winning regularly and seem to have a nice habit of late winners too. If that were Hibs, we would all be loving it too and possibly even be a touch arrogant about it. We would also recognise that it could all come crashing down at any time. If I was a dons fan I would have a wee niggling doubt that there has been no slump yet, prizes are not handed out in January and I would wonder if the late winners quota has just about been used up for the season.

Dashing Bob S
12-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Never minded Aberdeen. Militantly non bigoted and never took any nonsense from boorish wedgies back in the day. Yes, they can be a tad up themselves at times, but have greater grounds for that arrogance than some clubs I could name.

yeezus.
12-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Williams had very little to do all game. I'm fed up of the cockyness of sheep!

majorhibs
12-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Never minded Aberdeen. Militantly non bigoted and never took any nonsense from boorish wedgies back in the day. Yes, they can be a tad up themselves at times, but have greater grounds for that arrogance than some clubs I could name.

Aye that's pretty much nailing them doon, plus the fact their away fans travel double the length o time as nearly everyone else, the staunch ones are full o their team & theirselves, but is that no pretty much what we would be expecting from our fellow supporters? Certainly enjoy banter wi them much mair than glory hunters etc.

mc5-the-don
12-01-2014, 10:23 PM
"Militantly non bigoted" - what a fantastic way to describe Dons fans, Dashing Bob S!

We have our share of moronic fans, like most clubs, but we proudly 'Stand Free' from sectarianism and religeous bigotry.

In response to previous posts, apologies if some of you thought my OP was patronising. It wasn't intended to be - I think most of you got that.

Good luck for the rest of the season...

#STANDFREE

Borderhibbie76
12-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Nothing really against Aberdeen except the BBC Radio love in with them...sick to death of it and from what I saw on Friday Aberdeen are nowhere near as good as what the media are making out! Better than us at moment...yes slightly but as mentioned on here mcinnes has a year head start on TB

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The Sea-gull
13-01-2014, 09:27 AM
"Militantly non bigoted" - what a fantastic way to describe Dons fans, Dashing Bob S!

We have our share of moronic fans, like most clubs, but we proudly 'Stand Free' from sectarianism and religeous bigotry.

In response to previous posts, apologies if some of you thought my OP was patronising. It wasn't intended to be - I think most of you got that.

Good luck for the rest of the season...

#STANDFREE

Fair play. I had nothing really against what you said, agreed with much of it and got the general jist of it. I can see why one or two of our more sensitive posters took issue though as it could have been seen as a wee bit GIRUY considering it came just after a defeat to your team.

Aberdeen are a wee bit ahead of Hibs just now, more than a wee bit if you look at the league table, but this is down to having had a good manager in place pre-season and making a few good signings over the summer. We didn't do quite as well on those counts but now we have the decent manager I am confident the decent signings will come and the gap won't be as big next season. Think we'd be a lot higher in the league just now had Terry Butcher been our manager in August.

I don't mind Aberdeen though this season has reminded me how carried away their fans get with a wee sniff of success! Good luck for the rest of the season. Looks like you could be good for second and should storm the league cup. Wouldn't even rule you out ousting Celtic from the Scottish and going on to win that.