PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Mullen to Raith (Permananet) & Ross Caldwell to Alloa (Loan)

Winston Ingram
10-01-2014, 08:51 AM
according to Luke Shanley

mutley
10-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Is that on loan or gone ?

Nevi_SOL
10-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Caldwell loan till end of the season.
Mullen permanent till end of season.

Inch Hibs
10-01-2014, 08:58 AM
If anyone would know it's our good friend Mr Shanley. Good luck to them both, :agree:

Aldo
10-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Can confirm Mullen from a raith rovers friend. They wanted a loan but they have their quota.

Things starting to move along

calumhibee1
10-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Happy with both them. Mullen isn't good enough and gives Caldwell a chance at a decent level under an - as much as it pains me to say it - half decent manager.

Hamish
10-01-2014, 09:05 AM
David Gold on loan to Cowdenbeath till end of season as well

marinello59
10-01-2014, 09:09 AM
That looks like a really good chance for Caldwell to get his career moving forward again.
Mullen...... Sometimes it's best to say nothing! Good luck to him.

Winston Ingram
10-01-2014, 09:18 AM
No doubt Mullen will pop back here in in the cup and ping a free-kick into the top corner

calumhibee1
10-01-2014, 09:24 AM
No doubt Mullen will pop back here in in the cup and ping a free-kick into the top corner

Forgot about that. If his performances here are anything to go by then Harris will rip him a new one

PeterboroHibee
10-01-2014, 09:32 AM
That looks like a really good chance for Caldwell to get his career moving forward again.
Mullen...... Sometimes it's best to say nothing! Good luck to him.

Completely agree. Unless they can make a serious impact and can get into the team straight away, I always think these young guys are best off out on loan in the lower leagues. Much better playing first team football every week and developing as a player than sitting on the bench at Hibs or playing in the U20s.

Just Alf
10-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Completely agree. Unless they can make a serious impact and can get into the team straight away, I always think these young guys are best off out on loan in the lower leagues. Much better playing first team football every week and developing as a player than sitting on the bench at Hibs or playing in the U20s.

hang on.... what about Health & Safety? :confused:

GreenLake
10-01-2014, 09:37 AM
I was disappointed at how slow Mullen was. Looked like a good player otherwise. Do they not have some basic speed tests for players? Seems like it would be good to know how long it takes a guy to turn 180 degrees and run 5 yards before we signed him.

PatHead
10-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Resident Jambo at work was really disappointed when Mullen was freed. In his words he was exactly the type of player Hear7s needed for the future as they would have been able to sell him on. One of their most promising youngsters he reckoned.

Shame the boy is gash, just hope he doesn't come back to haunt us in the cup tie.

For what it is worth he couldn't believe they got £200,000 for Adam King but as that figure has already come down from £250,000 we might find out it is a lot less by summer. Does explain why they are begging for more players though if they are having a fire sale.

Brightside
10-01-2014, 09:59 AM
David Gold on loan to Cowdenbeath till end of season as well

Thats a shame. Wanted to see him getting a chance with the first team.

Hibby Bairn
10-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Instead of ripping the pash out of these young boys maybe just say that these loans will help them develop physically and mentally and come back to us as stronger players? :aok:

oramhibee
10-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Instead of ripping the pash out of these young boys maybe just say that these loans will help them develop physically and mentally and come back to us as stronger players? :aok:

Remember that 2/3 of them are out on loan. Mullen's away for good.

Billychaotic182
10-01-2014, 10:20 AM

Agreed

cabbageandribs1875
10-01-2014, 10:29 AM

no one at all has ripped anything out of the players away on loan :confused:, and as already stated mullen is permanent

Speedway
10-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Does this suggest that we've now got an RB to compete with Forster if both Mullet and Chancey are away or will we just deploy Maybury if needed?

WestEndHibee
10-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Does this suggest that we've now got an RB to compete with Forster if both Mullet and Chancey are away or will we just deploy Maybury if needed?

Maybury and Lewis you mean :devil:.

It would seem that we might have someone for RB. It's a bit risky just having maybs as cover (although he's a solid player to have, he'll be more prone to injury). Is there anyone in the youth or eos teams that might be stepping up?

Brightside
10-01-2014, 11:02 AM

Donaldson?

hfc rd
10-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Maybury and Lewis you mean :devil:.

It would seem that we might have someone for RB. It's a bit risky just having maybs as cover (although he's a solid player to have, he'll be more prone to injury). Is there anyone in the youth or eos teams that might be stepping up?

Some of the guys on here mention a guy called Andy Black for RB? Never heard of him nor seen him play.

Billychaotic182
10-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Is the young lad Andy Black not a right back? Or is he a left back? Wouldn't mind looking to blood a few more youngsters in

kaimendhibs
10-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Resident Jambo at work was really disappointed when Mullen was freed. In his words he was exactly the type of player Hear7s needed for the future as they would have been able to sell him on. One of their most promising youngsters he reckoned.

Shame the boy is gash, just hope he doesn't come back to haunt us in the cup tie.

For what it is worth he couldn't believe they got £200,000 for Adam King but as that figure has already come down from £250,000 we might find out it is a lot less by summer. Does explain why they are begging for more players though if they are having a fire sale.

Who did Adam King sign for?

Sent from my iphone

leggeto
10-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Mullen has gone on loan till end of season

hfc rd
10-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Who did Adam King sign for?

Sent from my iphone

Swansea have came in with a £250,000 bid for him.

Nevi_SOL
10-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Donaldson?

Injured for 6-8 weeks

kaimendhibs
10-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Swansea have came in with a £250,000 bid for him.

Cheers, missed that

Sent from my iphone

The Sea-gull
10-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Not surprised about either Mullen's or Caldwell's moves.

I thought Mullen was reckoned to be a decent prospect. I based this on the fact that a lot of Yams raved about him and the fact that we decided to sign him. I still think the boy might come good and that he has just been unfortunate that he came to Hibs at a time when, lets be honest and face it, we had a manager who split the support and has been proven to largely have not had a clue and this made us a really difficult support to play in front of. Don't want to turn this into a "its the fans fault" debate (for the record I have always been in the it's not the fans fault camp far from it) but I don' think this helped the lad given the state we were in and his previous connections.

Caldwell needs a loan move for various reasons. He wasn't getting a game in an under scoring team under two successive managers, this suggests something is up. At his age, if he is not in the plans, he needs to play regular football. We don't need him, Handling and Cummings as first team players just now and he seems to be the least in favour of the three. I've never been hugely fussed by him one way or the other and the next few months will probably decide whether he goes the way of a young Gaz/Deek/Fletch and gets another chance to establish himself in the Hibs first team or whether he goes the way of a Ross Campbell/Damon Gray/Kurtis Bryne.

The Sea-gull
10-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Did he not sign a 1 year deal so that would be him effectively gone?

Unless we have an option in our favour on his contract.

Aldo
10-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Mullen has gone on loan till end of season Mullens is permanent as Rovers are not able to sign anyone else on loan.

Jonnyboy
10-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Some of the guys on here mention a guy called Andy Black for RB? Never heard of him nor seen him play.

Is the young lad Andy Black not a right back? Or is he a left back? Wouldn't mind looking to blood a few more youngsters in

Andy is a right back and has impressed me when I've seen him play for the U20's. Very good going forward but needs to work on the defensive side a bit. Gets up and down the park very well. Think he's only 17 or maybe turned 18 recently

Edit re age http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Under20sDetail/0,,10290~2372939,00.html

10-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Tbh I actually forgot Mullen played for us! Never really got much of a chance here but by all accounts he's a decent prospect, good luck to him.

As for Caldwell I think this is a good move for him, with Collins, the heff back and wee Jason Cummings starting to break into the squad he has been kind of pushed down the pecking order so hopefully this will give him much needed game time and he comes back to us with a bit of experience under his belt and ready to start fighting for a starting place.

B.H.F.C
10-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Not sure that we will see Caldwell in a Hibs top again, unless he goes away and scores a silly amount of goals.

As for Mullen, seemed a bit of a strange signing in the first place.

lucky
10-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Caldwell sealed his fate with performance and attitude at Ross County Away. Doubt we will see him in a Hibs shirt again

ginger_rice
10-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Caldwell sealed his fate with performance and attitude at Ross County Away. Doubt we will see him in a Hibs shirt again

Reckon this is Butcher laying down a marker you give 100% at all times or your out

iwasthere1972
10-01-2014, 05:13 PM

Good decision by TB. We don't need players who think they are bigger than Hibs. Terrible attitude at Ross County. Saying that I hope he does well at Alloa and maybe returns and proves to be an asset to us.

whiskyhibby
10-01-2014, 05:22 PM

I'm not sure, any striker that is regularly getting goals will get a game in most teams......