PDA

View Full Version : Score Prediction for Tonight?

mc5-the-don
10-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Two teams on great form just now - should be a cracker of a game.

Despite losing the impressive Michael Hector (back to Reading), I still think our defence will keep you guys out. Anderson and Reynolds are IMMENSE for us just now! :agree:

Robson coming back from injury has lifted the whole team....while Flood, Jack, McGinn and Pawlett are all playing really well.

So...I'm going for 1-0 The Dons...McGinn to score in the 81st minute :thumbsup:

Good luck for the rest of the season - pleased to see Butcher has turned things around at Easter Road.

MC5

jimmyboco1875
10-01-2014, 08:08 AM
2-1 hibees :-)

Ronniekirk
10-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Two teams on great form just now - should be a cracker of a game.

Despite losing the impressive Michael Hector (back to Reading), I still think our defence will keep you guys out. Anderson and Reynolds are IMMENSE for us just now! :agree:

Robson coming back from injury has lifted the whole team....while Flood, Jack, McGinn and Pawlett are all playing really well.

So...I'm going for 1-0 The Dons...McGinn to score in the 81st minute :thumbsup:

Good luck for the rest of the season - pleased to see Butcher has turned things around at Easter Road.

MC5
We are now a averaging two goals a game but agree your defensive record is impressive. paw let will no doubt dive and win you a penalty .Tight game but if someone wants to win it it will have to be 2 1 so am going for 1.1 draw we won't want to get eat but think we are not yet up to winning up there

Aldo
10-01-2014, 08:17 AM
We are now a averaging two goals a game but agree your defensive record is impressive. paw let will no doubt dive and win you a penalty .Tight game but if someone wants to win it it will have to be 2 1 so am going for 1.1 draw we won't want to get eat but think we are not yet up to winning up there

Oooooo Controversial Ronnie....... But probably not far off the mark re Peter 'I dive better than Tom Daley' Pawlett.

The guy goes down easier......... Nope won't say it.

Score draw for me. (But really hoping we could sneak a win)

Wilson
10-01-2014, 08:29 AM
I'd take a score draw right now. Would love for us to win though.

Saorsa
10-01-2014, 08:32 AM
1-1

delbert
10-01-2014, 08:34 AM
Oooooo Controversial Ronnie....... But probably not far off the mark re Peter 'I dive better than Tom Daley' Pawlett.

The guy goes down easier......... Nope won't say it.

Score draw for me. (But really hoping we could sneak a win)

Won't need to dive to get a penalty, don't even need to get a player into the box bearing in mind that Mr C. Thomson is tonights referee - basically we start a goal down !

Islington Hibs
10-01-2014, 08:35 AM
1-1 and reasonably happy.

Aldo
10-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Won't need to dive to get a penalty, don't even need to get a player into the box bearing in mind that Mr C. Thomson is tonights referee - basically we start a goal down !

Aaah. Forgot bout that.

Saorsa
10-01-2014, 08:38 AM
Won't need to dive to get a penalty, don't even need to get a player into the box bearing in mind that Mr C. Thomson is tonights referee - basically we start a goal down !****sake, it's no 5 minutes since we had that ****, wonder which Hibs player he'll manage tae send off for **** all in ths game.

Pete
10-01-2014, 08:43 AM
0-2.

Aberdeen are a good team but we'll take care of them:thumbsup:

spike220
10-01-2014, 08:45 AM
2-2

Fife-Hibee
10-01-2014, 08:47 AM

Would have said hibs to win, not so sure now that ***** in charge :-(( 2-1 Dons penalty for the second !!

NOLA
10-01-2014, 08:54 AM
0-0 at a baltic pittodrie

mutley
10-01-2014, 08:56 AM
I thought that last week, we were petty comfortable against DU until the last 10 mins let us down, so I think it could be in a similar situatoin, I'll go for 1-1 (maybe a sneaky 1-2 to Hibs)

Allant1981
10-01-2014, 08:58 AM
2-1 aberdeen, we are playing ok just now but they are playing better than us, hopefully we get something though

SeanWilson
10-01-2014, 08:59 AM
I am going for Hibs most accomplished, calm and professional performance to date under a TB and a convincing 3-1 victory against a very good Aberdeen side. Solid defensive performance bar some nonsense effort being fluffed in the box (ie the jambo goal), excellent creative midfield/wing action and a brace for Collins who finally puts something on the end of all that effort.

:cb

greenpaper55
10-01-2014, 09:01 AM
I would take a scrappy 0-0 draw if offered at the moment, i don't think teams will like playing us these days as you get closed down all over the park, changed days indeed !.

Hibrandenburg
10-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Two teams with defences that are well organized, so there won't be many goals in it. Hope Hibs will sneak it with a 1-0 win but think 0-0 to be the more likely result.

Eternal Hibbie
10-01-2014, 09:07 AM
2-1 aberdeen, we are playing ok just now but they are playing better than us, hopefully we get something though

Don't think they are, they lost to Motherwell at home, were gubbed the second half 3-0 at Inverness and were very fortunate to beat Killie at the weekend.

Would have been optimistic for tonight but for the man in the middle - he is biased and doesn't bother hiding it.

Hope for a win or at least a point but who knows.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The Sea-gull
10-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Much like the Dundee Utd game, this fixture looked a lot tougher 2/3 weeks ago before our up turn in form so not fearing for us as much as I would have been.

Unlike Dundee Utd, Aberdeen's form has not tailed off over the 2/3 weeks and in fact has got better. With this in mind i would be very happy with a draw.

Big test for us tonight. Still think we might fall a wee bit short at the moment to an Aberdeen side a lot further down the track of recovery than we are but as long as we give a good account of ourselves I'll not be too dispondent in the circumstances. Not saying we should go there with a "we can't win this attitude tonight" of course we can win, feel we can win any game right now but the bigger aim for me is to get ourselves in a position where by this time next year we go into fixtures like this with the same sort of swagger and confidence the Aberdeen players and support have right now.

I see it being along the lines of 2-0, 2-1 or 3-1 to the Dons.

Craig_in_Prague
10-01-2014, 09:08 AM
with CT as Ref....... 2-0 Dons.

Mon Dieu4
10-01-2014, 09:15 AM
2-1 Hibs

I've not bought into the whole Aberdeen are a decent side chat, to me they are pretty mediocre but have been fairly steady, certainly don't buy the media love in with them

If we had El Tel from the start of the season we wouldn't be far off them or would be above them

PeeJay
10-01-2014, 09:16 AM
Not yet convinced by our defence when under pressure (unlike many others on here) - it's how we play against the top 6 that matters and in their own backyard - Aberdeen is always a tough game, I expect us to lose, yet there is something about Hibs going forward lately that makes me think I could well be wrong - Think Butcher will have a clearer view this evening regarding who really is worth keeping at the club ... looking forward to an interesting game: is it on the TV?

Steve20
10-01-2014, 09:17 AM
2-0 Aberdeen.

Bostonhibby
10-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Aberdeen and Craig Thomson 2 - Hibs 1. Controversial decision against us decides it. Another day at the office for thomson.

HiBremian
10-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Hibs 1-0 up until last 5 mins when Pawlett bumps into the man in black, just outside the box, falls over into the box, pen given.

FT 1-1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Hibercelona
10-01-2014, 09:31 AM
2-1 Aberdeen.

Us to be on top and to get the first goal. Craig Thomson to panic....

mc5-the-don
10-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Over the last 8 games, the Dons have won 7, lost 1 (to Motherwell, where we were the much better team).
The only period where we played badly, was in the 2nd half against Caley, when 2 of our back four were injured.

Over the last 8 games, I think Hibs have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 1? A good record, but not as good as the Dons.

I can’t remember the exact statistics, but we have scored a lot of winning goals in the last 10 mins….demonstrating
a superior level of fitness and will to win, which Derek McInnes has instilled in the squad.

The Dons players and fans are currently going into every single match (Celtic aside), believing that we will win, home or away.
That level of belief, confidence, desire and fitness, coupled with a great mix of youth and experience, is really making us click.

If we can avoid an injury crisis, I am really confident the Dons will go on to secure 2nd place. A fantastic achievement, considering
our previous four finishes were 8th, 9th, 9th, 9th.

#COYR

Geo_1875
10-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Over the last 8 games, the Dons have won 7, lost 1 (to Motherwell, where we were the much better team).
The only period where we played badly, was in the 2nd half against Caley, when 2 of our back four were injured.

Over the last 8 games, I think Hibs have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 1? A good record, but not as good as the Dons.

I can’t remember the exact statistics, but we have scored a lot of winning goals in the last 10 mins….demonstrating
a superior level of fitness and will to win, which Derek McInnes has instilled in the squad.

The Dons players and fans are currently going into every single match (Celtic aside), believing that we will win, home or away.
That level of belief, confidence, desire and fitness, coupled with a great mix of youth and experience, is really making us click.

If we can avoid an injury crisis, I am really confident the Dons will go on to secure 2nd place. A fantastic achievement, considering
our previous four finishes were 8th, 9th, 9th, 9th.

#COYR

All that and the referee hates Hibs. I know where my money's going.

Nevi_SOL
10-01-2014, 10:06 AM
2-0 Hibs. It's only Aberdeen and as wee lewis says the teams now go into games expecting to win not hoping to win, Collins and Cummings

cabbageandribs1875
10-01-2014, 10:08 AM
craig thomson as ref has now made it even more difficult to get a result, settle for a draw :agree: is there odds available for when serial diver pawlett has his first attempt at a dive ?

marinello59
10-01-2014, 10:11 AM
1-0 to Hibs.

Sergey
10-01-2014, 10:30 AM
1-0 to Hibs.

:agree: and the goal from a set piece (scorer: £40 on Hanlon at 65/1)

Greencore
10-01-2014, 10:38 AM
3-1 Aberdeen :( not confident. Don't know why though..

HibbyAndy
10-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Thomson ref and cheat Pawlett to dive and win a penalty? Cannot see a hibs win I'm afraid.

GreenLake
10-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Sheep 2 Hibs 4

worcesterhibby
10-01-2014, 11:00 AM
:agree: and the goal from a set piece (scorer: £40 on Hanlon at 65/1)

Oh Sergey! I wished you'd asked me first, it's Nelson whose gonna score from a set piece tonight !

stoneyburn hibs
10-01-2014, 11:38 AM
1-1 Liam Craig again.

hfc rd
10-01-2014, 11:40 AM
2-1 for either side. Then again, if I was offered the draw right now, I would take it.

Eternal Hibbie
10-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Think we'll struggle because of the ref.

Here's what may happen -

Cairney - booked for breathing.

Collins - booked for trying to score.

Williams - booked for saving them.

Craig - sent off for being captain.

Butcher or Malpas to keep Craig company in case he's feared.

allezsauzee
10-01-2014, 12:22 PM
2-2 draw with Craig Thomson taking his anti Hibs bias to new levels by volleying home the equaliser for Aberdeen in the dying minutes.

Billychaotic182
10-01-2014, 12:24 PM
1-0 Aberdeen with a Pawlett dive for a pen and Thomson more than happy to give.......... Feel like I've seen this before

Northernhibee
10-01-2014, 12:25 PM
2-2

cabbageandribs1875
10-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Ben williams will get a yellow for handling the ball in his box, then another yellow for being the last man

GreenLake
10-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Had a wee look on the sheep tv site to see if I can buy single live video of games as an international viewer. I'm going to take a chance and see if I can view tonights game live for £6.99 then cancel the monthly subscription. Could be a way to see lots more live Hibs games for us living overseas if we can tap into their live video. I wonder if their commentators will be as good as ours on Hibs TV! Boozy and Cliff Pike are excellent and the English bloke whose name escapes me. I'll probably have to turn the sound down, like when Archie McPherson used to commentate Hibs Rangers games.

The Sea-gull
10-01-2014, 12:58 PM
If we do get beat it seems that many have got their excuses, in the shape of bias refereeing, pinned down already.

No chance we might just get beat coz we are playing the second best team in Scotland away. A team who are 13 points clear of us and have won 7 of their last 8 games.

HH81
10-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Aberdeen 1 Hibs 3

Aberdeen bubble to burst as Hibs turn on the style. :flag:

ekhibee
10-01-2014, 01:35 PM
If we do get beat it seems that many have got their excuses, in the shape of bias refereeing, pinned down already.

No chance we might just get beat coz we are playing the second best team in Scotland away. A team who are 13 points clear of us and have won 7 of their last 8 games.
A couple of good points there, and even though we've improved I think we still have some way to go. I think Butcher is still making his mind up what areas of the pitch we really need to strengthen up in, and this game will tell him a lot in that respect. I hope I'm totally wrong, but I can see us getting beat 2-0 or 2-1. I don't think either defence is nearly as good as people have been saying, but Aberdeen have a lot of pace down the wings, and through the middle. I still hate them as well.

PeeJay
10-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Had a wee look on the sheep tv site to see if I can buy single live video of games as an international viewer. I'm going to take a chance and see if I can view tonights game live for £6.99 then cancel the monthly subscription. Could be a way to see lots more live Hibs games for us living overseas if we can tap into their live video. I wonder if their commentators will be as good as ours on Hibs TV! Boozy and Cliff Pike are excellent and the English bloke whose name escapes me. I'll probably have to turn the sound down, like when Archie McPherson used to commentate Hibs Rangers games.

I watched the Aberdeen game a couple of seasons back through their service: they didn't have any commentators, just the crowd noise - maybe he was in the pub? Andrew Sleight's the name your looking for BTW ....

GREEN WARLORD
10-01-2014, 01:51 PM
1-0 Aberdeen with a Pawlett dive for a pen and Thomson more than happy to give.......... Feel like I've seen this before

This :boo hoo:

Berwickhibby
10-01-2014, 01:53 PM

According to my last email the game is being shown on Hibernian tv xtra tonight for us overseas fans

Keith_M
10-01-2014, 01:53 PM
3-0 to Hibs with a Collins hat-trick.

Game delayed by 30 minutes as they were expecting 500 Hibs fans but 5,000 turn up

Eternal Hibbie
10-01-2014, 02:12 PM

Believe the point many of us are making (some of us tongue in cheek ) is that there is a far greater chance of us losing with you know who in charge, maybe some of us have longer memories than others.

Is this the second best team in Scotland for the past week or so you're talking about based on their very recent second spot ?

Level playing field = nothing to be too concerned about. :rolleyes:

Brightside
10-01-2014, 02:14 PM
3-3 Hanlon hattrick

PeeJay
10-01-2014, 02:26 PM
According to my last email the game is being shown on Hibernian tv xtra tonight for us overseas fans

You sure? I think it may actually only be being shown on the Hibs TV International service rather than the Hibs TV Xtra service (the Xtra website just has an audio feed for this "afternoon's" game) If I'm wrong great ....!:greengrin

Berwickhibby
10-01-2014, 02:41 PM
You sure? I think it may actually only be being shown on the Hibs TV International service rather than the Hibs TV Xtra service (the Xtra website just has an audio feed for this "afternoon's" game) If I'm wrong great ....!:greengrin

Yes just checked and you are right, I don't know the difference, I pay for the Xtra service and get to see every home game live. That's why I was surprised when I saw that the Dons game was also available

Craig_in_Prague
10-01-2014, 02:41 PM
It's not a place we typically do well at, or even create much chances.
It would be nice, if we keep up the pressure with balls into box and shots, corners etc....
Having played in defence now and again, It's difficult to defend well when you're getting a bit bombarded.

Unlike many others, I'm happy with Collins and the Heff as frontmen. I think they'll get goals soon enough, the Heff in particular... hopefully starting tonight.

after all that though, CT, the cheat in charge - fills me with depression. Pawlett dives, yellow cards to hibs players for tying their laces, just you watch.

The Sea-gull
10-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Believe the point many of us are making (some of us tongue in cheek ) is that there is a far greater chance of us losing with you know who in charge, maybe some of us have longer memories than others.

Is this the second best team in Scotland for the past week or so you're talking about based on their very recent second spot ?

Level playing field = nothing to be too concerned about. :rolleyes:

Talking about the team who are currently second in the league and have been tipped by many to finish there come season's end. Certainly the form team of the last 8 games or so. Not much in it between them, Dundee Utd and Motherwell for the accolade of second best team. Think Aberdeen have arguably been a wee bit more consistent than the other two mentioned as they have not had a long bad run and usually follow up the odd defeat with 2 or 3 wins.

Think by your last comment you are saying that, take away the referee situation, there is nothing to be too concerned about regards Abderdeen tonight. Sorry disagree if that is the case. They are currently as good aside as there is in Scotland outwith Celtic and have been playing better than us and getting better results than us, even if you only look at us since TB took over. Think we have quite a lot to be concrned about regards tonight's game and luckily Terry Butcher will have these concerns too and be trying to do something about it.

Hibercelona
10-01-2014, 02:50 PM
If fartz can beat them there, then surely we can?

Aberdeen are on a very commendable run at the moment, but they're hardly indestructible. I think if we keep it tight and frustrate them, we have a pretty good chance of taking something out of this.

patch1875
10-01-2014, 02:55 PM
2-1 dons :-(

Eternal Hibbie
10-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Think we have quite a lot to be concrned about regards tonight's game and luckily Terry Butcher will have these concerns too and be trying to do something about it.[/QUOTE]

TB will be rightly concerned about every game we play.

Still believe tonight's ref does us no favours, maybe he's made his new year resolution to give us an even break, we'll see.

I can handle losing tonight if his big paw isn't all over it.

Inch Hibs
10-01-2014, 03:14 PM
3-1 Aberdeen :rolleyes:

joebakerforever
10-01-2014, 03:48 PM
We are improving but the Sheep & 'Well imo, are more the finished article.

Cannot see us getting anything tonight - two nil for the Dons.

GreenLake
10-01-2014, 03:51 PM
I watched the Aberdeen game a couple of seasons back through their service: they didn't have any commentators, just the crowd noise - maybe he was in the pub? Andrew Sleight's the name your looking for BTW ....

No commenting from them might be better. Maybe the perfect solution is to stream their video and our live audio at the same time.

GreenLake
10-01-2014, 03:53 PM

It just says audio on the tv xtra website.

Sir David Gray
10-01-2014, 03:55 PM
It just says audio on the tv xtra website.

There's a live video stream available to overseas fans.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140110/afcvhfc_2262950_3614682

heretoday
10-01-2014, 03:57 PM
2-1 Aberdeen.

GreenLake
10-01-2014, 04:00 PM
There's a live video stream available to overseas fans.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140110/afcvhfc_2262950_3614682

Marvelous! :not worth

Sir David Gray
10-01-2014, 04:03 PM
With the obvious exception of Celtic, this will be our biggest test so far under Butcher.

Dundee Utd are a good side but they went in to last week's game on a really bad run whereas Aberdeen are flying at the moment and they are also at home.

If we can avoid defeat tonight, I'll be content with that.

SlickShoes
10-01-2014, 04:14 PM
4-2 hibs , 3 Liam Craig Penalties and Lewis Stevenson raker from the halfway line.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-01-2014, 04:17 PM
2 or 3-0 Aberdeen...:rolleyes:

Hibercelona
10-01-2014, 04:19 PM
3 Liam Craig Penalties

3 Liam Craig Penalties

3 Liam Craig Penalties

Did Craig Thomson turn colour blind over night or something?! :eek:

Hibrandenburg
10-01-2014, 06:43 PM
3-0 to Hibs with a Collins hat-trick.

Game delayed by 30 minutes as they were expecting 500 Hibs fans but 5,000 turn up

Not a bit early to be on the Jägermeister Keith?

SanFranHibs
10-01-2014, 06:53 PM
And 3 Hibs fans getting lost going NORTH looking for a chippy in Stonehaven !!

:flag: