PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Shiels Won't Talk To The Press On Doctors Orders

Paperboy
10-01-2014, 05:59 AM
I noticed that new Morton manager Kenny Shiels has banned himself from doing matchday interviews on the orders of his doctor. He's said in an interview ironically enough, that he gets 'emotioally imbalanced' and he feels the urge to tell the truth. From now on his assistant David Hopkins will be doing matchday interviews.

I wonder if Morton can't afford the fines Shiels may have got them for his interviews? I thought all managers were obliged to speak to the press after games? And will Hopkins get a new set of teeth for the occasion?!

Spike Mandela
10-01-2014, 07:03 AM
Yeah he was on Sportsound the other night and claims he has some kind of syndrome which renders him unable to keep his opinions (or as he calls it, the truth) to himself at times of stress.

Can't remember the name of the syndrome but it sounded like a variation on tourettes.

Personally I just think he is a slavering erse.:cb

Wilson
10-01-2014, 07:32 AM
Don't do interviews Kenny it is bad for your health?

How so doc?

Because you talk that much pish someone is going to kick your teeth in...

Saorsa
10-01-2014, 07:36 AM
I noticed that new Morton manager Kenny Shiels has banned himself from doing matchday interviews on the orders of his doctor. He's said in an interview ironically enough, that he gets 'emotioally imbalanced' and he feels the urge to tell the truth. From now on his assistant David Hopkins will be doing matchday interviews.

I wonder if Morton can't afford the fines Shiels may have got them for his interviews? I thought all managers were obliged to speak to the press after games? And will Hopkins get a new set of teeth for the occasion?!as he sees it but really it's mostly just a load of slavers.

SeanWilson
10-01-2014, 08:16 AM
as he sees it but really it's mostly just a load of slavers.

:agree:

Cant believe this man was touted as a future hibs manager not so long ago... complete and utter slaver!

down-the-slope
10-01-2014, 08:18 AM

I wonder if Morton can't afford the fines Shiels may have got them for his interviews? I thought all managers were obliged to speak to the press after games? And will Hopkins get a new set of teeth for the occasion?!

as he sees it but really it's mostly just a load of slavers.

:coffee: DD this might explain so much...wee trip to the Docs to check if you are another 'sufferer' I think

:tee hee:

Saorsa
10-01-2014, 08:52 AM
:coffee: DD this might explain so much...wee trip to the Docs to check if you are another 'sufferer' I think
:tee hee:you should be on stage. :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
10-01-2014, 08:55 AM

Cant believe this man was touted as a future hibs manager not so long ago... complete and utter slaver!

The sad thing is, many of us would have still had him in place over Fenlon.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-01-2014, 08:59 AM
So Hearts are concerned about health and safety ? Perhaps they need to take better care of Billy Brown - who I was told by an insider at Hibs was viewed a bit of an embarrassment when he lost it by the players.

down-the-slope
10-01-2014, 12:48 PM
you should be on stage. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afdA2ZgVlzk

O'Rourke3
10-01-2014, 06:13 PM
According to Sportsound last weekend he confirmed he would not be doing interviews after the game until he was cleared by the SFA to speak the truth..... So I suspect part of getting the gig at Morton is not to spend all his time at Hampden or in the stand and he's embellished it or has been misquoted.
There's no requirement for a manager to be put up. There might be a need for an interview but the lack of money in the Scottish game means no-one is pressed into putting up exactly who the broadcaster is looking for. The last Premiership contract in England had a clause that all managers must speak after the game so the BBC could get round Fergie's ban.

heretoday
10-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Shiels was on Talk Sport this afternoon talking about this.

I have to say he was very amusing and critical of the usual anodyne interviews managers and players give to the media.

SurferRosa
10-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Thankfully, Rodders didn`t see him as the man to take Hibs forward. Thankfully, because he`s a total arse.

lyonhibs
10-01-2014, 07:11 PM
Medicine can provide an excuse for anything. Chronic pish talking-Itis IMO

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

stoneyburn hibs
10-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Medicine can provide an excuse for anything. Chronic pish talking-Itis IMO

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

Yip, thats about the size of him, thank **** Rodders never went for him, bawsack.

Dashing Bob S
11-01-2014, 02:00 AM
Shiels was on Talk Sport this afternoon talking about this.

I have to say he was very amusing and critical of the usual anodyne interviews managers and players give to the media.

Never got the hate-in with Kenny Shiels. Fans have become as bad as as officials in deeming only bland, smarmy, media savvy spin doctors acceptable in football management. Nothing less than a revolving door of Tony Blair's would suit some people.

Yes, Shiels often talks pish, but he's far from alone there. He brings passion and enthusiasm to the game.

I like him. Glad we didn't get him as I'm happy with Butcher/Malpas, but he's a great signing for Morton and I'd love to see him take them into the SPL.

marinello59
11-01-2014, 05:28 AM
Never got the hate-in with Kenny Shiels. Fans have become as bad as as officials in deeming only bland, smarmy, media savvy spin doctors acceptable in football management. Nothing less than a revolving door of Tony Blair's would suit some people.

Yes, Shiels often talks pish, but he's far from alone there. He brings passion and enthusiasm to the game.

I like him. Glad we didn't get him as I'm happy with Butcher/Malpas, but he's a great signing for Morton and I'd love to see him take them into the SPL.

mikewynne
11-01-2014, 05:40 AM

Yes, I agree!!

Brizo
11-01-2014, 07:29 AM

Im all for managers having a personality and giving more in interviews than the usual identikit "boys done good" drivel. Where I cant be bothered with Sheils is he makes outspoken comments but never has the baws to back them up. When hes pulled up for something hes said time after time he claims hes been misquoted when everyone knows he hasn't. He loves to play the victim card but its all self generated.

Its ironic that's hes spent the last week telling all and sundry in the media that he cant speak to the media.

heretoday
11-01-2014, 09:29 AM
There are few things worse than having to listen to the mindless crap the football media put out. Shiels agrees so he's ok in my book. I wouldn't have minded him here as manager - and it may happen yet - and his son can return any time too.

ekhibee
11-01-2014, 02:34 PM
When he was at Killie I saw a short documentary-style thing about him, and I have to say he puts a really good shift in as a manager. He's not just a motor-mouth manager. As a previous poster said, I'm really glad we've got Butcher as manager, but Shiels isn't just a guy trying to make headlines, he works really hard for the club he's with. His main problem is he gets far too emotionally involved, it's just part of his personality. Unlike some I think he is a good manager, he would have been better than Fenlon in my opinion, but Butcher was still a better choice for me.

weonlywon6-2
11-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Yeah he was on Sportsound the other night and claims he has some kind of syndrome which renders him unable to keep his opinions (or as he calls it, the truth) to himself at times of stress.

Can't remember the name of the syndrome but it sounded like a variation on tourettes.

Personally I just think he is a slavering erse.:cb

Maybe get Jim Carey to play him in a movie similar to Liar Liar ???

fwiw , probably a good decsision not to have offered him the Hibs job now with this.Can you imagine what he might say after a derby - well Hearts are ****e:greengrin

heretoday
11-01-2014, 11:06 PM
God willing El Tel has a long and successful career with us but Shiels is likely to be a candidate again in the future. I think time has run out for Jimmy Calderwood though!

Steve-O
12-01-2014, 02:42 AM
Agree with those who say he at least provides some entertainment. Better than the usual "we're just taking one game at a time" type pish that every person in football constantly comes out with :rolleyes: