PDA

View Full Version : NHC Deeks cant get fit enough to win contract at Alloa

WellingtonHibby
09-01-2014, 09:26 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/riordan-not-yet-fit-for-purpose-at-alloa.23129044

Thats him done then? :confused:

Winston Ingram
09-01-2014, 09:28 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/riordan-not-yet-fit-for-purpose-at-alloa.23129044

Think we already knew that a couple years ago:agree:

'"We need a group of players who are going to work hard for us every week'

I'm surprised he even got a trial

easty
09-01-2014, 09:28 PM
He can come along and play for South Gyle in the LEAFA Saturday league if he wants....:greengrin

Hibercelona
09-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Could still do a job.

:offski:

3pm
09-01-2014, 09:37 PM
That was lifted from Sportsound the other night.

The upshot is he probably isn't fit enough. However, my take on it was that Hartley implied Derek would need to run about more than he'd like as Alloa need to rely on graft for their points. They can't accommodate someone not doing that.

Still a hero.

stoneyburn hibs
09-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Another Riordan thread, get yer digs in folks.

edinburghhibee
09-01-2014, 09:46 PM
He can come along and play for South Gyle in the LEAFA Saturday league if he wants....:greengrin

Who'd we take out the team tho Easton?

WellingtonHibby
09-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Im just waiting someone to come along and remind everyone he scored 100 goals for hibs and could therefore still do a job.

:aok:

Fife-Hibee
09-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Im just waiting someone to come along and remind everyone he scored 100 goals for hibs and could therefore still do a job.

:aok:

Someone like you :-))

Wotherspiniesta
09-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Yet you still get folk who want him back.

Mental.

easty
09-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Who'd we take out the team tho Easton?

He'd obviously have to start as a sub. But if he puts the work in then I reckon he'd get Deanos spot..:greengrin

Jim44
09-01-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm surprised it took Hartley, one of our most up and coming managers, two months to decide that Riordan was a non-starter.

CB_NO3
09-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Been said a hundred times,but how good could Deek have been if he put the hard work in? One of the most talented players in my life time at ER. He could score tap ins, 30 yarders with both feet. He just couldn't get as fit as say Fletch or Sparky. I remember on his return him and David Weir where chasing a ball down and the 40 year old hammered him in a 10 yard sprint. Will always be Hibs legend but he could have been something special.

marinello59
09-01-2014, 10:19 PM

Any need? One of my all time favourite Hibs players. We all know he has struggled since leaving us.

heretoday
09-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Sounds an ideal candidate for Hearts.

Jones28
09-01-2014, 11:01 PM
I'm surprised it took Hartley, one of our most up and coming managers, two months to decide that Riordan was a non-starter.

I think he was giving Riordan plenty of time to prove himself.

Jim44
09-01-2014, 11:09 PM

Well that says a hell of a lot about one of them.

WellingtonHibby
09-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Any need? One of my all time favourite Hibs players. We all know he has struggled since leaving us.

Sorry mate. I didnt take your feelings into account. I just thought people of a Hibs persuasin might find it interesting. I wasnt trying to upset your delicate sensibilities.

WellingtonHibby
09-01-2014, 11:52 PM

I reckon he was just like a lot of hibbies, Knew there was something special in there still, just was giving him time to get his act together to showcase it. He wouldve understood he had just been golfing for 12 months and would need significant block of training to get anywhere near the fitness levels required, clearly he didnt show the desire or application to get there, or his body wouldnt let him.

Baader
10-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Sad stuff. Deek seems to fit in with a well worn stereotype of talented Scottish footballers who just didn't screw the nut. An unbelievable talent who could have been playing for a top English side if he wanted it. Easily the best striker I've seen at Hibs.

Delboy4
10-01-2014, 11:03 AM

No, Hartley couldn't play him and the ferret Skacel in the same team...Imagine them together on thier team night out!

:yw:

johnbc70
10-01-2014, 11:36 AM
I watched Class of 92 last week and one of the things that stood out for me was Gary Neville's decision at 16 to distance himself from his mate's who went out drinking and generally making a nuisance of themselves. He choose to put all his effort and focus into being the best footballer he could be. Now I am not saying turn your back on your mate's and ignore them but maybe if DR had made some better decisions along the way he may have not found himself in this current situation. Which when you consider what a player he was and how he played for the national team not that long ago is quite a shame.

CRAZYHIBBY
10-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Must be more to this than fitness... hes been training for 2 months. ....I reckon rudi has something to do with this

The Sea-gull
10-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Reading between the lines and this could be wide of the mark, given the news that Skakel could be going there it seems that Hartely has just realised that he can't have them both. Perhaps due to financial reasons but also due to the fact that they can't stand each other and he won't want to create any disharmony in what seems to be a squad that has given a very good account of itself in the last two years.

I would not be surprised if Deek turns up at Morton. I'm sure someone said Kenny Sheils was very interested in getting him there. He might have to play for nothing but it has got to the stage where no party (Deek, Sheils or Morton) has anything to lose by this arrangement. It might be the best offer Deek will get right now and if he is serious about getting back to playing, may well have to just play there for nowt and see what happens.

Brightside
10-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Sorry mate. I didnt take your feelings into account. I just thought people of a Hibs persuasin might find it interesting. I wasnt trying to upset your delicate sensibilities.

I love how it says he doesnt want to run about much?? haha thats mental to hear a footballer saying that.

marinello59
10-01-2014, 11:58 AM

My post was a wee bit whiney right enough, not one of my best.
Off to wrap myself up in my comfort blanket. :greengrin

Brightside
10-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Must be more to this than fitness... hes been training for 2 months. ....I reckon rudi has something to do with this

Dont be silly. He's too lazy to play football at that level. End of. Great player in his time.

ScottB
10-01-2014, 12:08 PM
If Hartley wanted to have Skackel instead, all he had to do was say Deek had left without winning a contract.

Stating he wasn't fit enough as an excuse / lie would seem unlikely, why not Deek retort saying he is fit enough?

The Sea-gull
10-01-2014, 12:11 PM
If Hartley wanted to have Skackel instead, all he had to do was say Deek had left without winning a contract.

Stating he wasn't fit enough as an excuse / lie would seem unlikely, why not Deek retort saying he is fit enough?

Fair point. He could also actually just say that he is not signing Deek because he is looking at other options. Suppose another arguement is that if he was making a straight choice between the two, he would wait until Skakel was signed before releasing Deek. May just simply be that, irrespective of Skakel's availability, Hartley has just decided that after two months of viewing him, he just doesnae think Deek is up to it.

Inch Hibs
10-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Riordan's struggling as he never done a pre-season. He will get a club over the summer without a doubt. :agree:

Famous Fiver
10-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Dream on if you think Skacel will sign for Alloa. The man is a mercenary and they couldn't possibly afford him. My mate used to play for Alloa and was lucky to get the price of petrol to put in his car. Admin or no admin the bold Rudi has got his sights on milking the debt free cash rich new look Jambos and we know that is not going to happen. I almost wish he could sign for them so that he can take what little they've got left. Tick Tock!

Winston Ingram
10-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Riordan's struggling as he never done a pre-season. He will get a club over the summer without a doubt. :agree:

Bloody long summer he's had - it's lasted since December 2012

weonlywon6-2
10-01-2014, 03:46 PM

I think hartley is just being honest about deeks,maybe the kick up the tail he needs.

Maybe he should just go and purchase a pub somewhere and run that for a living

Aldo
10-01-2014, 03:51 PM
I think hartley is just being honest about deeks,maybe the kick up the tail he needs. Maybe he should just go and purchase a pub somewhere and run that for a living

You think he would get a licence following his off-field shenanigans being -fit and proper and all that. I would suspect no.

Golden Bear
10-01-2014, 03:58 PM
If I was an out of work professional football player and still had the desire to play the game then I'd *loody well ensure that I kept myself fit!

SanFranHibs
10-01-2014, 05:04 PM
But they really expect Skacel to turn back the years? Or is he just not expected to move except his hands in a 5-1 gesture !!!

:confused: