PDA

View Full Version : The biggest welt to play for Hibs

Hibercelona
09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Following on from the worst player thread. Who would you rate as the biggest tosser to ever pull on a Hibs top? :cb

Matt Doherty for me.

Mon Dieu4
09-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Nothing will ever beat Wilkins clapping their fans at Ibrox for me

easty
09-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Brian Hamilton :agree:

Gustavo Fring
09-01-2014, 07:19 PM
paul hartley

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Hurtado

:rolleyes:

Northernhibee
09-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Mikey Stewart

Sylar
09-01-2014, 07:24 PM
In addition to the others mentioned, Scott Brown :worms:

Jonnyboy
09-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Following on from the worst player thread. Who would you rate as the biggest tosser to ever pull on a Hibs top? :cb

Matt Doherty for me.

Given some of the answers I think you need to define 'welt' :wink:

c31
09-01-2014, 07:30 PM

He clapped them at ER as -- the well biggest welt by far

hibeg
09-01-2014, 07:35 PM

Have a word.:confused: He was never that bad a player and Pat Mcginley scored so many goals because BH played the holding role in midfield to allow Pat to get forward so often.

Plus of course we managed to get around 300k from the Hertz for him!!!!!!
Not the greatest player but certainly not a welt and a star player compared to some others mentioned.

Judas Iscariot
09-01-2014, 07:43 PM

You can't help yourself eh?

bigwheel
09-01-2014, 07:50 PM

Brian Hamilton was excellent the year we won the League Cup...

scotiaf
09-01-2014, 07:52 PM

I was around 10 years old when Brian Hamilton played and he seemed fairly decent to me

trev the hat
09-01-2014, 07:55 PM

Played his part in helping us win the Skol cup & a transfer fee from the yams to boot. I'd buy him a beer !!

Jonnyboy
09-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Have a word.:confused: He was never that bad a player and Pat Mcginley scored so many goals because BH played the holding role in midfield to allow Pat to get forward so often.

Not the greatest player but certainly not a welt and a star player compared to some others mentioned.

Indeed. Much maligned Hammy was.

Mind you his barb about licking stamps probably qualifies him as a welt :greengrin

Winston Ingram
09-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Matt Doherty:agree:

majorhibs
09-01-2014, 07:59 PM

Nah, nae way, you had to have watched him throughout his 8 years to understand what an underperformer he was, so obviously miller & joker hardie fi the e.e.n s relative that nepotism doesn't cover it, like Dow or the unseen worker scorin against hertz, you know that somewhere in there is some fitba, but when you are seeing dross 39 times outta 40 you have had enough. Just like me wi this revisionism o Hamilton. Why was he the target virtually every week? Cos he was playin guff, and making so many basic, stupid, amateur costly mistakes when in possession it was not only bloody maddening it was so costly to what could have been a very very competitive team. Remember that thru all yer dewy eyed specs then? He was, the VAST majority of games, gash. But all the players, manager & hardies mate. So that's OK nowadays then?

pacorosssco
09-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Andy watson
Stevie crawford
Chris jackson
Goalkeeper. Young lad cant remember name.kin rocket.groff?

Jonnyboy
09-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Andy watson
Stevie crawford
Chris jackson

David Grof

Hiber-nation
09-01-2014, 08:02 PM

Are you going to give a reason for that ridiculous choice?

Bronson
09-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Matt Doherty for me as well. His interview after the cup final v hearts where he's laughing and looks offended when asked if he'd be back at hibs still boils by blood. The arrogance that such a pishy wee nobody thought he was better than playing for hibs is ridiculous. Saying that, where is he now?:greengrin

Think the lad who made the video has an account on here actually, i'm sure he'll agree Doherty was a tosser.

easty
09-01-2014, 08:06 PM

Brian Hamilton was excellent the year we won the League Cup...

I was around 10 years old when Brian Hamilton played and he seemed fairly decent to me

"I'd rather lick stamps than play for Hibs..." = welt in my opinion.

Hermit Crab
09-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Not in his playing days but as a manager john Hughes. Never forgotten him laughing and joking with the Motherwell players at the end of the game after throwing a 4 goal lead to draw 6-6.

AndySOL1875
09-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Jarko Wiss, Zibi Malkowski.

WWFTWTG
09-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Alex Miller's laddie - cant remember his name

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Andy Wa*ker.

Billy Whizz
09-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Alex Miller's laddie - cant remember his name

He had 2, Greg & ?

GoldenEagle
09-01-2014, 08:14 PM
He had 2, Greg & ?

Greg and Graeme. Greg is actually a top coach these days.

Matt Doherty for me.

Hibercelona
09-01-2014, 08:14 PM
I recall Filipe Morais being quite a bit of an arse as well. Fined for kicking somebody in the head?

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2014, 08:15 PM
He had 2, Greg & ?

Graeme

Billy Whizz
Greg and Graeme. Greg is actually a top coach these days.

Matt Doherty for me.

Where is Graeme coaching?

Hibercelona
Not in his playing days but as a manager john Hughes. Never forgotten him laughing and joking with the Motherwell players at the end of the game after throwing a 4 goal lead to draw 6-6.

If we're talking about managers. Surely nothing comes close to Calderclown?

WWFTWTG
09-01-2014, 08:19 PM
If we're talking about managers. Surely nothing comes close to Calderclown?

Or Williamson "if you want entertainment go to the cinema"

Minder
09-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Joe Harper.

AndySOL1875
09-01-2014, 08:23 PM
David Grof

David Grof is a superb shout. Was meant to be the next big thing I'd imagine he's now reserve goalkeeper at Kidderminster Harriers or somewhere

Future17
09-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Andy watson
Stevie crawford
Chris jackson

How so?

I was young when he played but always remember him giving 100%. He also managed a Hibernian team to victory in a derby at Easter Road*.

The only blot in his copybook would be scoring for Stirling Albion to knock us out of the cup, but I think he was entitled to do that considering he played for them at the time.

* Fans' charity game. :greengrin

HibbySpurs
09-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Andy Goram... Total legend right up until the point he gave his "Hibernian footbrawl club" interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Future17
09-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Given some of the answers I think you need to define 'welt' :wink:

:agree:

Fife-Hibee
09-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Keith Houchen with the two finger salute at starks park ! WELT !!

Billy Whizz
09-01-2014, 08:29 PM
How so?

I was young when he played but always remember him giving 100%. He also managed a Hibernian team to victory in a derby at Easter Road*.

The only blot in his copybook would be scoring for Stirling Albion to knock us out of the cup, but I think he was entitled to do that considering he played for them at the time.

I agree nicky boy

Sylar
09-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Are you going to give a reason for that ridiculous choice?

Not a commentary on his ability or off-field persona. I just found (and find) him to be contemptible with his hot-headed, ill advised and reckless approach to the game.

Plus someone had already taken Matt Doherty...

Bostonhibby
09-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Matt Doherty, he still has time on his side and the potential to be a bigger one elsewhere.

HibbySpurs
09-01-2014, 08:32 PM
If we're talking management there's only one contender and that's "srugglin" Billy.

A total welt if ever I saw one, obviously only came too us as he had **** all better to do. No love for the club and has shown quite clearly where is true allegiances lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

essexhibee
09-01-2014, 08:35 PM
David Grof is a superb shout. Was meant to be the next big thing I'd imagine he's now reserve goalkeeper at Kidderminster Harriers or somewhere

On trial at Clermont in League 2 in France following release from Walsall :aok:

Inch Hibs
09-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Andy Walker.

Jonnyboy
09-01-2014, 08:38 PM
How so?

Indeed. I have vivid memories of CJ being given a man marking job on Gascoigne at Ibrox against the now defunct Rangers. Gazza was anonymous for ninety minutes :agree:

Auckland Hibs
09-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Andy watson
Stevie crawford
Chris jackson

Bit harsh, Chris is a decent bloke who loves Hibs - he was completely gutted when he was released from ER.

Paul Hartley wins by a country mile IMO (although I have heard through quite a few people that he's supposed to be a decent guy).

Irish_Steve
09-01-2014, 08:48 PM

Don`t forget, Ivan was celebrating with the Rangers fans when they won the title on Helicopter Sunday - does that make Ivan a welt too??

smurf
09-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Matt Doherty. Some names listed suggest they've not thought it through...

MrRobot
09-01-2014, 08:57 PM
David Grof

He was actually really sound.

majorhibs
09-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Indeed. I have vivid memories of CJ being given a man marking job on Gascoigne at Ibrox against the now defunct Rangers. Gazza was anonymous for ninety minutes :agree:

But was that no, in anyone's opinion, the big, huge problem wi the guy? Same as HAmilton. You just did it, against X right guid footballer last week, why are you so mince this week? & for the next 8-10 games before you show a performance again? Is it just me but these type ae players who actually have a bit & never seem to dig deep intake themselves to actually find this ability, particularly, especially if it coincides wi when they are wi Hibs, well, sorry, that just does my head in. I saw Hamilton hit the bar wi a tremendous strike against Videoton in I think his first year wi Hibs, a brilliant strike that deserved better, & ye ken what? I don't think I ever, in SO many games, saw him try it again! It just got to me. He had that dig & he bottled to use it again. I was playing midfield at the time, listen where he was on the pitch for 8 years for Hibs he could have scored a pile. But he didnae. I was jealous of where he was, but I wasnae jealous of what I thought then, & still do, of a lack of what was in the middle o him because he had something that he just did not use for Hibs. & he hid behind miller IMO & did my club a disservice when we could have been better. Unseen work? Interpret that how ye like. His best buddy mcginlay was for him, but to me & if you were there you could hear the weekly boos at yet another misplaced contribution, lost possession, team under unnecessary pressure, caused by this weakest link in a team wi a few useful performers. My opinion, but we maybe got 2 years usefulness, but the rest, 6+years he was a buddy holding the team back. But he run aboot plenty, always puffed his cheeks out after a big aimless run, & sported a red dish time to time. Plenty enough for hardie fi the evening news, who gave him M.O.M every week regardless of how much of a stinker. I will be pushin up daisies afore I will ever understand how hardie was viewing Hibs games & his love child in them days.

Jonnyboy
09-01-2014, 09:05 PM
But was that no, in anyone's opinion, the big, huge problem wi the guy? Same as HAmilton. You just did it, against X right guid footballer last week, why are you so mince this week? & for the next 8-10 games before you show a performance again? Is it just me but these type ae players who actually have a bit & never seem to dig deep intake themselves to actually find this ability, particularly, especially if it coincides wi when they are wi Hibs, well, sorry, that just does my head in. I saw Hamilton hit the bar wi a tremendous strike against Videoton in I think his first year wi Hibs, a brilliant strike that deserved better, & ye ken what? I don't think I ever, in SO many games, saw him try it again! It just got to me. He had that dig & he bottled to use it again. I was playing midfield at the time, listen where he was on the pitch for 8 years for Hibs he could have scored a pile. But he didnae. I was jealous of where he was, but I wasnae jealous of what I thought then, & still do, of a lack of what was in the middle o him because he had something that he just did not use for Hibs. & he hid behind miller IMO & did my club a disservice when we could have been better. Unseen work? Interpret that how ye like. His best buddy mcginlay was for him, but to me & if you were there you could hear the weekly boos at yet another misplaced contribution, lost possession, team under unnecessary pressure, caused by this weakest link in a team wi a few useful performers. My opinion, but we maybe got 2 years usefulness, but the rest, 6+years he was a buddy holding the team back. But he run aboot plenty, always puffed his cheeks out after a big aimless run, & sported a red dish time to time. Plenty enough for hardie fi the evening news, who gave him M.O.M every week regardless of how much of a stinker. I will be pushin up daisies afore I will ever understand how hardie was viewing Hibs games & his love child in them days.

You don't like him much do you? :greengrin

Bobo
09-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Joe Harper.

:agree: without a shadow of doubt.

Jonnyboy
09-01-2014, 09:10 PM
:agree: without a shadow of doubt.

:singing: Are you Doddie in disguise? :singing:

:greengrin

Bobo
09-01-2014, 09:15 PM
:singing: Are you Doddie in disguise? :singing:

:wink::greengrin

cocopops1875
09-01-2014, 09:19 PM
He was actually really sound on a night out getting pissed.

Fixed that for you

#FromTheCapital
09-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Paul Hartley in a retrospective sense. Didn't mind him when he was playing for us but can't stand the wee scaff these days.

Mikey Stewart, absolute welt of a human being. And he ruined the cis cup winning photo with his ugly ginger puss.

Hibercelona
09-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Mikey Stewart, absolute welt of a human being. And he ruined the cis cup winning photo with his ugly ginger puss.

Don't think he's that bad. Always gave his best when playing for us and scored one of the best goals i've witnessed in person. Comes across as quite honest as well. Unlike most of the deluded trumpets.

edinburghhibee
09-01-2014, 09:38 PM
I know i'm gonna get it tight for this but hear goes, Kevin Thomson. Every time I've met this guy he's been a complete tosser of the highest order, whether it's out at the shops or out on the town.

sambajustice
09-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Most footballers are welts, totally up themselves.

They get a bit better when thy get older and realise they've been trumpets!

Sproule Three
09-01-2014, 09:41 PM

Quality rant.:not worth
I hated that absolute welt too.
He did hit bar with a stray shot in LC final iirc so he maybe did two good things.

#FromTheCapital
09-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Don't think he's that bad. Always gave his best when playing for us and scored one of the best goals i've witnessed in person. Comes across as quite honest as well. Unlike most of the deluded trumpets.

Na he's a dick, although to be fair he's not the worst pundit ever. He was murder at hibs bar the odd game. If he tried his best then it's easy to see why he doesn't play anymore.

BS44
09-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Stuart Turnbull, left Hibs and went to apartheid South Africa to play football. And he was rubbish

East Coast Hibe
09-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Stuart Turnbull, left Hibs and went to apartheid South Africa to play football. And he was rubbish

Was that not Stuart Rae you are thinking of ?

craigmounthibby
09-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Keith Houchen, for giving Hibs supporters the bird at Kirkcaldy, after he got pelters when Hibs lost a league cup game just a few weeks after the Hands Off Hibs rally

silverhibee
09-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Is this Hibs Class.

Jonnyboy
09-01-2014, 10:25 PM

Turnbull went to Hamilton after he left ER.

JJP
09-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Has to be Matt Doherty. Quite liked him when he first came to the club but that interview he gave after the final was such a kick in the teeth. When you look back what a terrible time that was for this club. Doherty and Billy Brown's interviews and that cup final. Dark days, glad to see the back of them. Hopefully we never recruit people like Doherty and Brown again. Oh and Calderwood as well, the only ex Hibs manager I hold a grudge with.

lucky
09-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Lee Powell/Power was truly awful but the list is massive. Ian Murray for the finger at Ibrox, Tony Mowbray for the huddle after the game at ER when he had become their manager. Yogi or Calderwood for their performance as manager

Stonewall
09-01-2014, 10:35 PM

Wrong by a million miles. You must have been about six when you decided this.

Beefster
09-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Na he's a dick, although to be fair he's not the worst pundit ever. He was murder at hibs bar the odd game. If he tried his best then it's easy to see why he doesn't play anymore.

Michael Stewart was many things at Hibs but murder wasn't one of them. He was an integral part of the midfield in one of our best teams in recent times.

easty
09-01-2014, 10:43 PM

Actually Carol Vorderman I was 12 when he left, leaving us with the parting shot of "I'd rather lick stamps than play for Hibs".

If that's not a welt, then someone's going to have to define welt for me, cos I'm obviously way off the mark.

Stonewall
09-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Paul Hartley in a retrospective sense. Didn't mind him when he was playing for us but can't stand the wee scaff these days.

Why Michael Stewart?

Thecat23
09-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Michael Stewart was many things at Hibs but murder wasn't one of them. He was an integral part of the midfield in one of our best teams in recent times.

Exactly this.. Stewart was a very good player for us and the midfield we had was superb.

Also I see Brian Hamilton getting a bit stick, another who was actually good for us and just before he left he was playing really well.

easty
09-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Exactly this.. Stewart was a very good player for us and the midfield we had was superb.

Also I see Brian Hamilton getting a bit stick, another who was actually good for us and just before he left he was playing really well.

It's not about who was a good player or not though. Is it?

Thecat23
09-01-2014, 10:55 PM
It's not about who was a good player or not though. Is it?

Ah fair play, I could name 3 right away who have played for us who are welts but I know 2 will go down badly so I'm out :D

Stonewall
09-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Actually Carol Vorderman I was 12 when he left, leaving us with the parting shot of "I'd rather lick stamps than play for Hibs".

If that's not a welt, then someone's going to have to define welt for me, cos I'm obviously way off the mark.

You are way off the mark.

PS - I've a twelve year old son myself and he makes more sense than you do now.

If you'd been subject to the unjustified abuse BH got, you wouldn't have felt too kindly towards Hibs.

Hibercelona
09-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Ah fair play, I could name 3 right away who have played for us who are welts but I know 2 will go down badly so I'm out :D

Some of the biggest welts have been some of our best players also. :greengrin

Sproule Three
09-01-2014, 11:18 PM

I was probably around 23 when I decided Brian Hamilton was a welt . I still think he was one and I'm now 46.
Does that make my vote count a bit more :confused:

hibee_girl
09-01-2014, 11:19 PM
I know i'm gonna get it tight for this but hear goes, Kevin Thomson. Every time I've met this guy he's been a complete tosser of the highest order, whether it's out at the shops or out on the town.

Squealing pig
09-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Jim leighton

JollyGreenGiant
09-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Eamonn Bannon

OsloHibs
09-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Zibi. The only x-Hibs player I actually hate.

FranckSuzy
09-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Is this thread really necessary? :confused:

--------
09-01-2014, 11:47 PM

Just what I was going to say, hibeg.

Actually, I would go farther and say he was a very good defensive midfielder - never the sort of player the Hibs support appreciates, I suppose. I well-remember watching him shepherding Brian Laudrup all the way into the corner with the whole shed yelling at him to get stuck in. Laudrup couldn't pass the ball, he couldn't go where he wanted to go, he couldn't do anything but what Hammy let him do, which was disappear into the far corner where Hammy tackled him safely, winning the throw-in, from which the same Pat McGinlay (whom I think we both remember with affection and respect) was able to set up an attack from which we very nearly scored.

Like Jonnyboy, I need the OP to be a little more specific about what he means by "welt".

Maybe this link might help him to clarify things?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=welt&page=2

I should also say that these threads asking posters who nominate the worst Hibs player of their time (in whatever sense of the word "worst") simply encourages negative and critical thinking about players who actually weren't anything like as bad as some of us care to remember them. We're really so good at getting on the backs of our own players, I don't think we need any encouragement.

Now, if someone were to nominate Ally Scott or The Lardass .... :devil:

VivaHiberņa
10-01-2014, 01:17 AM

Aye but they're modern-day legends. I'd suggest more the types who played well for us but were/are @rseholes, not immature laddies with too much money. See Brown, Scott: a man who has become a grade-A **** since signing for Celtc and seems more desperate to be Roy Keane by the day.

Brown wasn't too bad with us though, probably because he wouldn't have got away with. The OF does that though, I couldn't stand Gordon Strachan when he was there. Anyway...

My "biggest welt to play for Hibs" has to be Matt Doherty: started well and has (annoyingly) looked good at Wolves from the little I've seen/heard but as soon as things started looking bad with us he lost interest and just wanted to get back down South. ****. The fact that he could have been a decent player if he'd tried really grates with me. One of the few ex-Hibs players I genuinely enjoy seeing play badly.

Pete
10-01-2014, 03:51 AM
Not a commentary on his ability or off-field persona. I just found (and find) him to be contemptible with his hot-headed, ill advised and reckless decision to sign for these Tim ***** instead of the undisputed kings of Glasgow, the mighty Rangers. We are the peeepelll!!

Plus someone had already taken Matt Doherty...

:faint:

MoscowHibs
10-01-2014, 04:13 AM

I had a chat with Hartley at a charity doo up in Aberdeen about 4 years ago and actually found him tae be a pleasant guy. Absolutely didnae want to leave Hibs when he did, but was pretty much told he had nae future. Didn't have a bad word tae say at all aboot us. And he bought a couple o rounds so cannae be that bad.

Hibbyradge
10-01-2014, 04:31 AM
Why have we got 2 dubious, but similar, threads on the go?

Pete
10-01-2014, 05:49 AM

Butcher has brought too much ying.

....so the yangs pipe up!

bawheid
10-01-2014, 06:48 AM

These kind of posts always make me laugh. Do you often walk up to footballers when they're out shopping and start pestering them? If so do you not think their reaction to such intrusion might make them appear to have welt-like characteristics when in fact they just want to be left alone to get on with their shopping?

Having said all that, I agree, Kevin Thomson is clearly a bit of a welt.

easty
10-01-2014, 06:55 AM
These kind of posts always make me laugh. Do you often walk up to footballers when they're out shopping and start pestering them? If so do you not think their reaction to such intrusion might make them appear to have welt-like characteristics when in fact they just want to be left alone to get on with their shopping?

Having said all that, I agree, Kevin Thomson is clearly a bit of a welt.

Haha...you've got him right mate, edinburghhibee is always lingering around Hibs and ex-Hibs players!

edinburghhibee
10-01-2014, 07:34 AM
Haha...you've got him right mate, edinburghhibee is always lingering around Hibs and ex-Hibs players!

Hahaha aye creeping around in bushes just waiting for them to appear before sniffing their hair...

Wilson
10-01-2014, 07:43 AM
Hahaha aye creeping around in bushes just waiting for them to appear before sniffing their hair...

Good luck with Ray Wilkins or Bryan Gunn on that front!

easty
10-01-2014, 07:45 AM
Good luck with Ray Wilkins or Bryan Gunn on that front!

The worrying thing is...it's not the hair on their head he's sniffing!

Wilson
10-01-2014, 07:50 AM

Aye, that is quite worrying! :-)

Bill Milne
10-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Surely Eammon Bannon is the undisputed champ in this category.

SeanWilson
10-01-2014, 08:05 AM
personality - has to be Doherty
Footballing ability - Alan O'Brien - cant believe someone told that boy he was a footballer!

Mon Dieu4
10-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Don`t forget, Ivan was celebrating with the Rangers fans when they won the title on Helicopter Sunday - does that make Ivan a welt too??

I am a fickle football fan, Im allowed to be two faced!!

Wee Ivan is a total gent, had a great chat with him once at 2 in the morning when he was buying a Scotch Egg

Hibrandenburg
10-01-2014, 08:32 AM
Off the field-Gary O. Such a waste.

On the field-Alan O'brian. 12th man for the opposition.

edinburghhibee
10-01-2014, 09:03 AM

Or not the head your thinking of anyway :D.....

Too far???

Inch Hibs
10-01-2014, 09:05 AM

Incorrect. He went to see a couple of his mates in the rangers end during our lap of honor.

Hibernia Na Eir
10-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Paul Fartley.

--------
10-01-2014, 09:52 AM

We've been much, much too positive these last few weeks.

The wreckers have moved in.

.Sean.
10-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Not a player, a manager.

Colin ****ing Calderwood. By an absolute mile. He's sitting in a deckchair at the highest point of Mount Bawbag. Hated him.

I pray he fails miserably at everything he does and he is one person who will never, ever, ever be welcome at ER. I hated going to games when he was darkening the door. Prick.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Not a player, a manager.

Colin ****ing Calderwood. By an absolute mile. He's sitting in a deckchair at the highest point of Mount Bawbag. Hated him.

I pray he fails miserably at everything he does and he is one person who will never, ever, ever be welcome at ER. I hated going to games when he was darkening the door. Prick.

On the non-playing side "i've been places and done things" wins by a mile!

Future17
10-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Surely Eammon Bannon is the undisputed champ in this category.

Knew Eammon Bannon relatively well and he was always a pleasant and humble guy to chat to.

Bishop Hibee
10-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Wilkins. We helped top up that bluenose *******s retirement fund. Doherty, Soares and all the other non-triers brought in by Calderclown make my blood boil too.

10-01-2014, 05:01 PM
I know he was a coach not a player but Billy "av bin places" Brown. Arrogant wee hearts *****, should never hav been anywhere near Easter road!

Hated Michael Stewart aswell, arrogant and hot headed.

whiskyhibby
10-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Rudi Scatchel........oops no sorry he played for the Savilles :-)))

10-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Don't know what Alan o'brien is like as a person so would be unfair to call him a welt but defo one of the worst players I've ever seen play for hibs. I think what made it worse as well was the fact when he signed there was so much hype around him (god knows how) telling u he was faster and better than sproule etc. I was actually quite excited about him when he signed but didn't take long for me to be very disappointed. Probably a nice guy but an absolutely rank football player.

10-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Rudi Scatchel........oops no sorry he played for the Savilles :-)))

Christ if we start going into naming welts that have played for that mob we would be here for weeks! far too many to list

whiskyhibby
10-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Christ if we start going into naming welts that have played for that mob we would be here for weeks! far too many to list

:-)))))))

NAE NOOKIE
10-01-2014, 06:10 PM
I dont have a problem with players or managers who were rubbish ......... It happens

I dont have a problem with players or managers who were good, but nobs off the park ...... It happens

What I cant stand are players and managers who for whatever reason disrespect the club and the fans. For that reason it has to be Doherty and Calderwood.

Doherty for playing in the biggest game Hibs have ever had and taking to the pitch with not a clue about how much it meant and even worse obviously not giving a stuff.

Calderwood for taking the Hibs job and then utterly disrespecting the position of manager and the whole club by making no secret of the fact that he didnt care about the job or the club. For that reason I want Norwich ( a club I have nothing against ) to lose every match they play ....... I wouldnt give that ******** a job as assistant manager of a pub league team .. never mind a professional football club.

weonlywon6-2
10-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Wilkins. We helped top up that bluenose *******s retirement fund. Doherty, Soares and all the other non-triers brought in by Calderclown make my blood boil too.

I would have to say that this just about sums it up for me as well.36 years of following Hibs and I never felt so bad about them than when he was in charge and some of his signings were awful and quite simply didn't care

heidtheba
10-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Matt Doherty - total prat of a man.
OK - possibly pelters for this BUT the nicest footballers I've ever met were Steve Fulton (honestly a top bloke, although he was playing for them and I met him on a visit to Tynecastle - work related, not through my personal preference) and Chris Hogg when he was out walking his dog along the Water of Leith. Other people I know knew Hogg and always said he was one of the nicest people, never mind nicest footballers. Lewis Stevenson, I've heard, is a top bloke too. Didn't like David Weir when I met him, another reason why Fulton stood out so well.

To be honest any footballer who doesn't see themselves as a 'footballer' is good in my book.

Paisley Hibby
10-01-2014, 07:50 PM
I dont have a problem with players or managers who were rubbish ......... It happens

I dont have a problem with players or managers who were good, but nobs off the park ...... It happens

What I cant stand are players and managers who for whatever reason disrespect the club and the fans. For that reason it has to be Doherty and Calderwood.
Ĉ
Doherty for playing in the biggest game Hibs have ever had and taking to the pitch with not a clue about how much it meant and even worse obviously not giving a stuff.

Calderwood for taking the Hibs job and then utterly disrespecting the position of manager and the whole club by making no secret of the fact that he didnt care about the job or the club. For that reason I want Norwich ( a club I have nothing against ) to lose every match they play ....... I wouldnt give that ******** a job as assistant manager of a pub league team .. never mind a professional football club.

So glad to read this. I thought it was only me that felt like that!

GlenrothesHibee
11-01-2014, 09:20 AM
"I'd rather lick stamps than play for Hibs..." = welt in my opinion.

This. Welt

GlenrothesHibee
11-01-2014, 09:25 AM
I know he was a coach not a player but Billy "av bin places" Brown. Arrogant wee hearts *****, should never hav been anywhere near Easter road!

Hated Michael Stewart aswell, arrogant and hot headed.

Michael Stewart could play a bit.

Billychaotic182
11-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Simon brown was an arse

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2014, 11:33 AM
I'll get mine in Before this threads deleted for picking on individuals...

As the OP said - Matt Doherty, that's it. This thread could be one post long!

Northernhibee
11-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Y'know, it still pains me that Calderwood was in charge for Eddie Turnbulls memorial game.

We should have gone hell for leather to win that game but we got a boring and embarrassing capitulation that was an insult to the great man.

Calderwood did not care one bit for this club.

Scouse Hibee
11-01-2014, 01:22 PM
That big belgian guy who impersonated a keeper, he was certainly one of the biggest somethings.

silverhibee
11-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Y'know, it still pains me that Calderwood was in charge for Eddie Turnbulls memorial game.

We should have gone hell for leather to win that game but we got a boring and embarrassing capitulation that was an insult to the great man.

Calderwood did not care one bit for this club.

Was it against Aberdeen.? If you thought that was embarrassing to Mr Turnbull then i would really like to hear your thoughts on Pat Fenlon and that game against Malmo where we had just lost the greatest player of all time at Hibs.

bigwheel
11-01-2014, 02:00 PM
....if "welt" is about the type of person e.g. attitude and lack of respect for the club and fans - then the OP is 100% right - it is with regret that Doherty ever got to wear our colours. Can't think of anyone who even compares.

Keith_M
11-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Could those who said Mikey Stewart explain their reasoning.

I don't seem to remember him doing anything that would put him in the bad books with the fans when he was at ER or bad mouthing Hibs when he left

:confused:

FWIW, I would happily have given this award to Russel Latapy when he mucked us about and then left for the Huns. However, it was a long time ago and I've managed to get over it since then.

WestStandhibee
11-01-2014, 02:10 PM
That big belgian guy who impersonated a keeper, he was certainly one of the biggest somethings.

Makalambay. Despite his shortcomings as a player, he was an absolute gem of a man

Personally couldn't stand Grof, he was never away from George Street and Cav, AND he was utter pony!!

craigmounthibby
11-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Doherty and Soares were brought in on loan by Fenlon.

andy1875
11-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Was it against Aberdeen.? If you thought that was embarrassing to Mr Turnbull then i would really like to hear your thoughts on Pat Fenlon and that game against Malmo where we had just lost the greatest player of all time at Hibs.

Spot on SH.

I think every Hibby had tear in their eye with the pre match "Gie the baw tae Reilly" shout which was deafening.

What followed was a disgrace.

Thank god for improvement since!

mrdependable
11-01-2014, 07:59 PM

both these games, the game against Malmo in particular, were hugely disappointing and embarrassing in the context of losing two of our greatest ever players

erin go bragh
11-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Is this Hibs Class.

This ( thought i had stumbled on to broke back )

Ggtth

leggeto
11-01-2014, 11:15 PM

how we managed to get that much money for him I'll never know,brilliant bit of business,I always used to call him mrs Hamilton but wasn't a fan of Joe McLaughlin after the bust up with chico on the pitch that got him suspended so he gets the welt award from me

Bishop Hibee
11-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Doherty and Soares were brought in on loan by Fenlon.

Oops. Such a big turn-round of turkeys both playing and managerial at that time it all blends into one horror show. Calderclown was the biggest managerial welt with Blobby second. Duff Jimmy and Fenlon were inept but at least they cared for the club and didn't disrespect the fans.

Northernhibee
12-01-2014, 12:55 AM

Aye, we were beyond ***** in that game but Pat gave a **** about Hibs which is far more than could be said for Calderwood. That's the difference, if you're suggesting that Fenlon should be seen in the same light as Calderwood then that's a viewpoint I can't empathise with at all.

Hibercelona
12-01-2014, 02:55 AM
I've seem some players being mentioned, simply on the basis that they weren't very good players.

This thread isn't about worst players. Its about players that you found to be downright detestable, despite playing in the green and white.

They may have been a complete hero on the pitch, but you found them not to be such a hero off it.

Hibercelona
12-01-2014, 02:57 AM
Aye, we were beyond ***** in that game but Pat gave a **** about Hibs which is far more than could be said for Calderwood. That's the difference, if you're suggesting that Fenlon should be seen in the same light as Calderwood then that's a viewpoint I can't empathise with at all.

I agree. As shocking as we were under Fenlon, he at least felt hurt after those performances.

Calderwood never felt a thing. He wasn't bothered his arse. A true tosser.

Inch Hibs
12-01-2014, 09:29 AM
I agree. As shocking as we were under Fenlon, he at least felt hurt after those performances.

Calderwood never felt a thing. He wasn't bothered his arse. A true tosser.

He was even worse after the bag of sweeties fiasco. Why we didn't take the compensation I'll never know.

Baader
12-01-2014, 09:56 AM
He was even worse after the bag of sweeties fiasco. Why we didn't take the compensation I'll never know.

That clown Calderwood was an absolute disgrace and showed a level of indifference and disrespect to the club and its fans that should not have been tolerated for even a second. Easily the person most associated with Hibs who I actively despise. A useless, uncharasmatic, absolutely nobody of a man who should have been putting the cones out for under 16s at some dog**it ridden public park and nowhere near our club. A total disaster of an appointment. The fact we could have cut our losses and made money on him, only to later do what everyone knew was coming and pay him off to get out our club only made it more of a fiasco. For me heads should have rolled after that debacle...

As for players not many but I dread to think about Zibi for the semi final and the fact he appeared to have just given up. Unforgivable.

On a positive I am convinced we have the right men at the helm and imposters like the two mentioned above will be nowhere near Easter Road again thank God...

GoldenEagle
12-01-2014, 10:07 AM
I've seem some players being mentioned, simply on the basis that they weren't very good players.

This thread isn't about worst players. Its about players that you found to be downright detestable, despite playing in the green and white.

They may have been a complete hero on the pitch, but you found them not to be such a hero off it.

Doherty was a complete bell end off the pitch. Still the winner of the title of this thread IMO.

CRAZYHIBBY
12-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Im going for John rankin.....after getting the boot from hibs for being consistently crap he went on to say he was moving to a bigger club in dundee utd

marinello59
12-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Im going for John rankin.....after getting the boot from hibs for being consistently crap he went on to say he was moving to a bigger club in dundee utd

Did he?
Have you got a link to that?

MSK
12-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Did he?
Have you got a link to that?Although, he did say this ..Rankin spoke to BBC Scotland after completing the deal at Tannadice and said he wanted to secure his future before the summer kicked in at the end of the season.

However, he insisted there was no ill feeling between him and the Hibernian manager Colin Calderwood over the move.

"You work yourself into the ground every day and you feel as if you deserve a chance on a Saturday," said Rankin.

"But you're just not that manager's cup of tea. Even though you've been playing every game under the previous manager.

"For whatever reason, they just don't fancy you. That's what happened to me at Hibs; Colin Calderwood came in and put his own stamp on the team, doing everything the way he wants to.

"I didn't want to go through the summer not knowing what was giong to be happening - I wanted it sorted as soon as possible.

"When Colin came in, he was brilliant and I got on well with him

Hibercelona
12-01-2014, 11:11 AM

Not sure about bigger. But they've certainly been a better club (on the pitch) than us since he moved there. :tin hat:

Inch Hibs
12-01-2014, 11:29 AM
That clown Calderwood was an absolute disgrace and showed a level of indifference and disrespect to the club and its fans that should not have been tolerated for even a second. Easily the person most associated with Hibs who I actively despise. A useless, uncharasmatic, absolutely nobody of a man who should have been putting the cones out for under 16s at some dog**it ridden public park and nowhere near our club. A total disaster of an appointment. The fact we could have cut our losses and made money on him, only to later do what everyone knew was coming and pay him off to get out our club only made it more of a fiasco. For me heads should have rolled after that debacle...

As for players not many but I dread to think about Zibi for the semi final and the fact he appeared to have just given up. Unforgivable.

On a positive I am convinced we have the right men at the helm and imposters like the two mentioned above will be nowhere near Easter Road again thank God...

Fantastic post mate, completely agree.

Nailrod
13-01-2014, 03:34 AM
...Now, if someone were to nominate Ally Scott... :devil: As it happens, I'm trapped in a seemingly interminable nightmare in which Eddie Turnbull breaks up the 'terrors' in order to bring an enormously fat and utterly useless Joe Harper to Hibs. Then, when he waddles off the scene, somebody thinks it would be funny to inflict Ally Scott on us...

I wish I would hurry up and wake up.

Theinsider
13-01-2014, 05:46 AM
Matt Doherty....prize plum of the highest order.

Keith_M
13-01-2014, 07:13 AM

It's called trying to ingratiate yourself with the fans at your new club.

I think the biggest welts were the people that screamed abuse at the guy when he was at Hibs. Say what you like about his abilities (not as bad as some thought, now that he's at DU), he was very professional and always gave 100%. He really didn't deserve the level of abuse he got.

jacomo
13-01-2014, 08:39 AM
It's called trying to ingratiate yourself with the fans at your new club.

I think the biggest welts were the people that screamed abuse at the guy when he was at Hibs. Say what you like about his abilities (not as bad as some thought, now that he's at DU), he was very professional and always gave 100%. He really didn't deserve the level of abuse he got.

John Rankin did everything asked of him at Hibs.

Nailrod
13-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Yeah. That guy.

Funnily enough he managed to impersonate his way to the best goals against record and the best shut-out ratio of any goalkeeper who's played for Hibs this century.

Yup. Must have been a welt. Deffo.

Hibercelona
13-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Yeah. That guy.

Funnily enough he managed to impersonate his way to the best goals against record and the best shut-out ratio of any goalkeeper who's played for Hibs this century.

Exactly. Very underrated due to the odd blunder.

It's ok when strikers make blunders though. Goalkeepers have to be perfect all of the time.

Cabbage_Patch
13-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Paul Hartley...complete bell end

jacomo
13-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Paul Hartley...complete bell end

Again, is he really? Because enjoying scoring against Hibs (we emptied him, remember) doesn't count - I hated his gleeful face when he did score against us but I didn't begrudge him for it.

Not sure this thread has been that much fun.

Geo_1875
13-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Again, is he really? Because enjoying scoring against Hibs (we emptied him, remember) doesn't count - I hated his gleeful face when he did score against us but I didn't begrudge him for it.

Not sure this thread has been that much fun.

Yes he really is a complete bell end.

Andy74
13-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Michael Renwick. Tool. And up there as one of our worst ever players.

Nailrod
13-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Again, is he really? Because enjoying scoring against Hibs (we emptied him, remember) doesn't count - I hated his gleeful face when he did score against us but I didn't begrudge him for it...One of the best players in Scotland at his peak, and we failed him twice.

Can't work out how that makes him a welt.
Not sure this thread has been that much fun. :agree:

Nailrod
13-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Exactly. Very underrated due to the odd blunder.

It's ok when strikers make blunders though. Goalkeepers have to be perfect all of the time.
Yup.

According to the logic of the Maka-haters, Deeks was one of the worst strikers to play for us this century. The fact that he scored more goals than anybody else doesn't count because do you not remember these penalties he missed?

And anyway, the goals didn't really have anything to do with Deeks. It was the rest of the team that made them all.

cmcd
13-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Michael Renwick. Tool. And up there as one of our worst ever players.

Absolute nonsense MR was never a world beater but always gave his all for the club Also a gent off the park

Andy74
13-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Absolute nonsense MR was never a world beater but always gave his all for the club Also a gent off the park

He may have given us all but he was terrible.

Off the park, we will just have to disagree. Total tool in my experience.

Scouse Hibee
14-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Yeah. That guy.

Yep the amount of appearances and clean sheets he has racked up since leaving Hibs seems to back up how good he really was, real football people know the score it would seem.

Robinho08
14-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Akpo Sodje.

He tucked it in his socks apparently . :na na:

JIm
14-01-2014, 12:34 PM
He may have given us all but he was terrible.

Off the park, we will just have to disagree. Total tool in my experience.

Whats he done to offend you? I know Mikey quite well, find it hard to believe folk have that opinion of him. Perhaps he emptied you as a player one time and you've not forgiven him?

ehf
14-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Whats he done to offend you? I know Mikey quite well, find it hard to believe folk have that opinion of him. Perhaps he emptied you as a player one time and you've not forgiven him?

Probably advanced the proposition that Pat Fenlon is not the best manager in the history of the world, ever...

Nailrod
15-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Whats he done to offend you? I know Mikey quite well, find it hard to believe folk have that opinion of him. Perhaps he emptied you as a player one time and you've not forgiven him?Claimed that Alan O'Brien's one assist in fifty appearances may not have been a great return on investment?

Nailrod
15-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Yep the amount of appearances and clean sheets he has racked up since leaving Hibs seems to back up how good he really was, real football people know the score it would seem.Right. So if a guy's actual performances when he did play for Hibs don't justify calling him a welt, we'll start calling him a welt for the stuff he did when he wasn't playing for Hibs.

Got you. :rolleyes:

(Does it ever occur to people like you that confidence is absolutely critical for any young footballer, and even more so for a goalkeeper, and that being hounded out of Easter Road by a combination of the media and the terracing trumpets might not have done him a lot of good?)

Pretty Boy
15-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Jim leighton

Really?

Met Jim several times and he's a good guy and was 1 of the most committed pros going, always looking to improve.

Saved us from relegation a couple of seasons and would have happily seen out his career at Hibs had anyone other than Aberdeen come calling.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Right. So if a guy's actual performances when he did play for Hibs don't justify calling him a welt, we'll start calling him a welt for the stuff he did when he wasn't playing for Hibs.

Got you. :rolleyes:

(Does it ever occur to people like you that confidence is absolutely critical for any young footballer, and even more so for a goalkeeper, and that being hounded out of Easter Road by a combination of the media and the terracing trumpets might not have done him a lot of good?)

You're saying that not me! I said he would never make a decent goalkeeper when he played for us and lo and behold he is yet to prove me wrong! Strange that eh :rolleyes:

Nailrod
15-01-2014, 11:12 AM
You're saying that not me! I said he would never make a decent goalkeeper when he played for us and lo and behold he is yet to prove me wrong! Strange that eh :rolleyes:Yeah. You're absolutely right. I used to do exactly the same about that useless Deeks fella that played for us for a while. I used to watch him banging in the goals while hooting abuse at him for a penalty I remember he once missed.

"That guy will never make a striker!" I used to yell. And you know what? Lo and behold he is yet to prove me wrong! Doesn't even have a club. Strange that, eh?

Deeks and Maka. The most useless striker who scored more goals for us than anybody else this century, and the most useless keeper who let in fewer goals than anybody else this century.

Two cheeks of the same bottom orifice. Useless. Utter welts, the pair of them.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Yeah. You're absolutely right. I used to do exactly the same about that useless Deeks fella that played for us for a while. I used to watch him banging in the goals while hooting abuse at him for a penalty I remember he once missed.

"That guy will never make a striker!" I used to yell. And you know what? Lo and behold he is yet to prove me wrong! Doesn't even have a club. Strange that, eh?

Deeks and Maka. The most useless striker who scored more goals for us than anybody else this century, and the most useless keeper who let in fewer goals than anybody else this century.

Two cheeks of the same bottom orifice. Useless. Utter welts, the pair of them.

:faf: Brilliant,not even relevant comparisons and you know it. Not going to drag this on any longer we'll have to agree to disagree. I think Maka was crap and Deeks was great.