PDA

View Full Version : I really want us to sign Kenny Miller!!

California-Hibs
09-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Sorry, but this is someone I'm desperate to see pull on the green and white this month! The fact that he's more than ready to sign for us aswel just makes me more eger for it to happen!
Seriously hoping that Butcher is made aware of Kenny's interest via the agent soon and that he try's to get him onboard.
Mark my words, he'd been an unbelievable signing!

Bring Kenny home! Back to where it all began!

Hibercelona
09-01-2014, 04:39 PM
I have a sneaky suspicion that the club have already been made well aware. :greengrin

TheFamous1875
09-01-2014, 04:45 PM
I have a sneaky suspicion that the club have already been made well aware. :greengrin

And by suspicion you mean confirmation? Please? Where's TheCat23?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Theinsider
09-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Sorry, but this is someone I'm desperate to see pull on the green and white this month! The fact that he's more than ready to sign for us aswel just makes me more eger for it to happen!
Seriously hoping that Butcher is made aware of Kenny's interest via the agent soon and that he try's to get him onboard.

Must have missed it. Where does it say anywhere he is more than ready to sign for us?

The Sea-gull
09-01-2014, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't say no to Kenny Miller but has this topic not risen it's head every transfer window for about 2 years now?

It is always someone saying "Kenny really wants to come back" and someone else saying "the club want him" but it never seems to happen.

Is it down to money? Down to the fact that Kenny doesn't actually want to come back? Or down to the fact that the managers have never wanted him?

Think it has always been Fenlon in charge so maybe he never wanted Miller or couldn't affrod Miller with the likes of Doyle, Griffiths, Kuqi and O'Connor on the books at various times.

Maybe, with a wee bit of a clear out, Terry will have the funds and the will to sign him. He'll certainly know him from the Scotland squad.

Aldo
09-01-2014, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't say no to Kenny Miller but has this topic not risen it's head every transfer window for about 2 years now? It is always someone saying "Kenny really wants to come back" and someone else saying "the club want him" but it never seems to happen. Is it down to money? Down to the fact that Kenny doesn't actually want to come back? Or down to the fact that the managers have never wanted him? Think it has always been Fenlon in charge so maybe he never wanted Miller or couldn't affrod Miller with the likes of Doyle, Griffiths, Kuqi and O'Connor on the books at various times. Maybe, with a wee bit of a clear out, Terry will have the funds and the will to sign him. He'll certainly know him from the Scotland squad.

I don't think money would be an issue tbh.

I think he would bring quite a bit of quality to the team/squad.

calumhibee1
09-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Miller would walk into every team in the SPL. Including Celtic.

HH81
09-01-2014, 05:36 PM
I don't think money would be an issue tbh.

I think he would bring quite a bit of quality to the team/squad.

Money is always an issue when players have agents.

jax67
09-01-2014, 05:45 PM

I think Kenny Miller would be a good signing, a great role model for the Hibs youngsters. A great example of where a real work ethic and a bit of ability can take you.

Aldo
09-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Money is always an issue when players have agents.

It wouldn't be

Andy74
09-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Not fussed to be honest.

Onceinawhile
09-01-2014, 06:13 PM
I think we've already got a striker whose main attribute is runs around a lot for 90 minutes and who can only take one chance in ten. So it's a no from me. Would rather give Collins the chance to develop.

I doubt he would even be mentioned in dispatches if 1) he hadn't already played for us and 2) thecat wasn't so insistent that he wanted to play for us.

Ronniekirk
09-01-2014, 06:23 PM
I think Kenny Miller would be a good signing, a great role model for the Hibs youngsters. A great example of where a real work ethic and a bit of ability can take you.
Don't think that's in dispute but don't see this happening If it was on cards you would think he would be training with us not Rangers.

sixtwo
09-01-2014, 07:28 PM
He still has 6 months on his MLS contract. He also said he would like to go to SEVCO.

If we are willing to spend the kind of money it would take to get him, I would prefer us to get someone younger. Goodwillie for example.

bingo70
09-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Not fussed to be honest.

He'd be a better option than Caldwell, handling and for now, Cummings.

I do like Collins though so I'd be dissapointed if he lost his place to him just as he was starting to find his feet

hfc rd
09-01-2014, 10:18 PM
He still has 6 months on his MLS contract. He also said he would like to go to SEVCO.

If we are willing to spend the kind of money it would take to get him, I would prefer us to get someone younger. Goodwillie for example.

That's what I keep hearing is that he wants to join Sevco.

I'd love to have Kenny Miller at Hibs.

hibees 7062
10-01-2014, 12:13 AM

Before Miller , really ?

lord bunberry
10-01-2014, 12:54 AM
I'm sure I heard on the radio that Miller's team were going to sign Defoe from spurs, maybe that would allow us to take Miller of their hands.

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2014, 01:09 AM
I'm sure I heard on the radio that Miller's team were going to sign Defoe from spurs, maybe that would allow us to take Miller of their hands.

I think we should have a self imposed sanction of only being allowed to sign ex players.

lord bunberry
10-01-2014, 03:12 AM
I think we should have a self imposed sanction of only being allowed to sign ex players.

Good idea, maybe one day my dream of seeing David Elliott strutting his stuff at the san siro once again will be realised.

California-Hibs
10-01-2014, 05:56 AM
Must have missed it. Where does it say anywhere he is more than ready to sign for us?

According to Thecat it's straight from Kenny's mouth that he'd love to sign for Hibs!

Don Giovanni
10-01-2014, 06:27 AM

It's Toronto FC that are trying to sign Defoe.

Kenny plays for the Vancouver Whitecaps.

Don Giovanni
10-01-2014, 06:37 AM
I pretty sure Kenny stated on Sportscene following the Derby that he was currently injured and would be for the next 2 - 3 weeks. He also confirmed that he was using the facilities at Murray Park to aid his recovery.

I'd like to see Miller back at Hibs and reckon it might still happen. However, it's more likely to be at the end of his contract than during this window IMO.

Spike Mandela
10-01-2014, 06:48 AM
Miller would walk into every team in the SPL. Including Celtic.

Why? Can he not run anymore?:cb

Zazu62
10-01-2014, 06:59 AM
Didn't we go through all this last year?

Jim44
10-01-2014, 06:59 AM
Don't think that's in dispute but don't see this happening If it was on cards you would think he would be training with us not Rangers.

I think the only thing stopping him signing for them is the uncertain financial restraint that McCoist is under at the moment.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-01-2014, 08:09 AM
But torn on this. Whilst I don't doubt his quality (although question marks after injury) he's in the twilight years so need to weigh up cost/benefit/risk - would he be up for a strikers coaching role?
We need to blood the youngsters and look to the future that said I trust Terry and Mo to get the right blend.

10-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Would be a good signing IMO Don't see it happening though.

GreenLake
10-01-2014, 06:19 PM
I want us to sign the next Kenny Miller, the next John Collins and the next John Brownlie before the end of the week. Players who come back for a second stint are never as good.

California-Hibs
10-01-2014, 10:00 PM
I want us to sign the next Kenny Miller, the next John Collins and the next John Brownlie before the end of the week. Players who come back for a second stint are never as good.

Simply not true :agree:

GreenLake
10-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Simply not true :agree:

Sproule
Riordan
O'Connor
Thomson
Were not as good as first spell in the team.

You are thinking of which players?

Stax
10-01-2014, 11:01 PM
Sproule
Riordan
O'Connor
Thomson

Sparky?

GreenLake
10-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Sparky?

Was Sparky ever a Hibs player before Wolves loaned him? I would make an exception for him though and expect him to have an excellent second spell if he does. :greengrin

Kenny Miller is a great player but I am not convinced he would be all that motivated playing for Hibs a second time around.

Nevi_SOL
10-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Was Sparky ever a Hibs player before Wolves loaned him? I would make an exception for him though and expect him to have an excellent second spell if he does. :greengrin

Kenny Miller is a great player but I am not convinced he would be all that motivated playing for Hibs a second time around.

Was at hibs as a youngster haha

RIP Bestie
10-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Sproule
Riordan
O'Connor
Thomson

Pat McGinlay, Bobby Smith, Erich Schaedler. Even Arthur Duncan. I enjoyed all these players in both their spells.

GreenLake
10-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Was at hibs as a youngster haha

I thought he played for Livingstone at 16, then moved on to Dundee before moving to Wolves. Playing for the under11's does not count as a spell in the Hibs first team. :na na:

GreenLake
10-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Pat McGinlay, Bobby Smith, Erich Schaedler. Even Arthur Duncan. I enjoyed all these players in both their spells.

Bobby Smith scored that raker against the former Rangers in the 1st minute of second half, which I missed waiting for a pie.

Nevi_SOL
10-01-2014, 11:32 PM
I thought he played for Livingstone at 16, then moved on to Dundee before moving to Wolves. Playing for the under11's does not count as a spell in the Hibs first team. :na na:

2nd loan spell count? Haha

GreenLake
11-01-2014, 03:54 AM
2nd loan spell count? Haha

Back to back loans. Players usually return after they have given their best, that is the problem. I would rather have a Sauze or a Latapy or a Paatelainen than a returning player.

California-Hibs
11-01-2014, 04:34 AM
Sproule
Riordan
O'Connor
Thomson

You give the impression that these players in their 2nd spell offered very little and were poor, that I disagree with, each of the above were valuable players 2nd time round, maybe not at the complete high of 1st time round but not to far behind.

Riordan - Second spell......102 games....36 goals

O'Connor -Second spell......33 games......12 goals

These stats show these two WERE a success 2nd time around and offered us a valuable contribution.

Thomson and Sproule yes were far better 1st time around, but Sproule still gave us a few very good moments 2nd time round. Didn't really work out for thomson although he did have a few decent games under Fenlon.

Niffy
11-01-2014, 04:41 AM
Kenny ... Meh.

GreenLake
11-01-2014, 04:57 AM
You give the impression that these players in their 2nd spell offered very little and were poor, that I disagree with, each of the above were valuable players 2nd time round, maybe not at the complete high of 1st time round but not to far behind.

Riordan - First spell ....123 games....54 goals
Second spell......102 games....36 goals

O'Connor - First spell......138 games....46 goals
Second spell......33 games......12 goals

These stats show these two WERE a success 2nd time around and offered us a valuable contribution.

Thomson and Sproule yes were far better 1st time around, but Sproule still gave us a few very good moments 2nd time round. Didn't really work out for thomson although he did have a few decent games under Fenlon.

Good point, the stats seem better than my memories and maybe they were better than other players available at the time. These players set a high bar for themselves the first time which is hard to repeat in their later years and perhaps the Hibs team they returned to play in was not as good.

Okay, you have convinced me, I'll wave a placard "Sign for Hibs" next time Kenny Miller comes through LAX! :greengrin

California-Hibs
11-01-2014, 05:07 AM
Good point, the stats seem better than my memories and maybe they were better than other players available at the time. These players set a high bar for themselves the first time which is hard to repeat in their later years and perhaps the Hibs team they returned to play in was not as good.

Okay, you have convinced me, I'll wave a placard "Sign for Hibs" next time Kenny Miller comes through LAX! :greengrin

Thanks pal! :cb

Tinribs
11-01-2014, 02:27 PM
BBC just posted a picture of Kenny posing with Broxi Bear in the tunnel at Ibrox. If he does indeed want to come to us, he is hiding it well :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
11-01-2014, 02:28 PM
BBC just posted a picture of Kenny posing with Broxi Bear in the tunnel at Ibrox. If he does indeed want to come to us, he is hiding it well :greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25695899