PDA

View Full Version : Away end tomorrow for Aberdeen

Aaron
09-01-2014, 03:29 PM
How many does it hold? Our away support has been quite good recently and it is pay at the gate. Get there early or should we be ok? :tbgwa:

VivaHiberņa
09-01-2014, 03:32 PM
It's not huge, but there's plenty space. With that distance to travel on a Friday night I don't see us filling it so don't stress :greengrin.

Gustavo Fring
09-01-2014, 03:33 PM
think the away end there holds about 2500 maybe more

DarrenSQH
It will be empty. Far away, stupid kick off time and on TV

Keith_M
I think it holds 2,500 and we should take around 500.

Every Hibby will have five seats each :greengrin

marinello59
09-01-2014, 03:44 PM
It will be empty. Far away, stupid kick off time and on TV

Far away? Just as well we don't live in England then, some of the trips the fans have down there are genuinely far away.
Friday night football is probably the most popular option when a match is moved for live TV. If it was being played at ER we would be loving it and packing the place out.

The Sea-gull
09-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Evening game at a distance. On telly. A lot of folk would have to finish work early to attend. in January when most skint add to that the prospect of doing the roads on a winter's night and the poor public transport links back to Edinburgh when the game is done. Think you'll be able to pick your seat.

History has shown that we would have to be doing really really well or it be a cup game for us to take a big crowd to Aberdeen even before any of the above factors have been taken into account.

The Sea-gull
09-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Far away? Just as well we don't live in England then, some of the trips the fans have down there are genuinely far away.
Friday night football is probably the most popular option when a match is moved for live TV. If it was being played at ER we would be loving it and packing the place out.

Granted, in a lot of countries a 2 hour away trip is nothing but in Scottish terms and the mentaility of most central belt Scottish fans, as we are so used to going to games where the majority are an hour away tops, it is far.

ICT have only been in the SPL 10 years and Ross Co 2 so you there is a mentality amoung a considerable number of generations of Scottish fitba fans who see Aberdeen as the long haul away trip still.

Agree, if this particular fixture had been at ER off the back of our recent form, we'd all be salivating about Friday night football and the place would be reasonably packed. The only thing that would go against us would be the time of year for finances for folk. Hope the SPFL give us a Friday fixture at ER soon.

Aaron
09-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Thanks people. Anyone know the best pre-match pub for the game?

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-01-2014, 10:59 PM
As I said on another thread, I've had to cancel my plans of going due to the switch to Fri night. Impossible to get there on time after work. I'm sure many others will be in the same boat. I love the idea of Fri night football, however there should be more common sense behind the games being picked. I've made it to the Motherwell Fri night games but Aberdeen is unrealistic for a lot of folk after work

Sir David Gray
09-01-2014, 11:03 PM
You'll be able to pick your seat tonight, our end will be empty.

hfc rd
09-01-2014, 11:15 PM
You'll be able to play musical chairs at Pittodrie tonight as really can't see many folk heading up. Friday night and on TV.

Hermit Crab
09-01-2014, 11:37 PM
300 hibbys max.

...WentToMowAnSPL
10-01-2014, 12:08 AM
300 hibbys max.

303 I'm going with two of my sons :-)