PDA

View Full Version : Why you saying that TB

happiehibbie
09-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Just red STVtwitter feed that TB is supporting the lift of the transfer ban on Hearts FCthis in my view is bad PR for Mr B

previous statements from our club have been sporting integrity.

I understandthe financial view but that should be done behind close doors. You can not haverules for one and rules for another.

Brightside
09-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Just red STVtwitter feed that TB is supporting the lift of the transfer ban on Hearts FCthis in my view is bad PR for Mr B

previous statements from our club have been sporting integrity.

I understandthe financial view but that should be done behind close doors. You can not haverules for one and rules for another.

"they certainly have to abide with what has been decided"

hihohibby
09-01-2014, 03:42 PM
If this is true of Terry Butcher, he is going to find himself at odds with many, if not all, Hibernian supporters.

Mikey
09-01-2014, 03:44 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/259707-terry-butcher-open-to-hibernians-city-rivals-hearts-having-embargo-lifted/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Gustavo Fring
09-01-2014, 03:44 PM
maybe he enjoyed beating them and seeing easter road full up ?

JimBHibees
09-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Lets wait and see what he really said. As it happens he is entitled to an opinion as much as anyone.

Phil D. Rolls
09-01-2014, 03:47 PM
If this is true of Terry Butcher, he is going to find himself at odds with many, if not all, Hibernian supporters.
I find this hard to believe and/or accept.:confused:

Definitely at odds with the majority - not his finest hour.

JMac
09-01-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm actually reasonably open to the transfer ban being lifted. They could sign Messi, Ronaldo and Ibra and they still wouldn't stay up. All the yams excuses about they only have kids who are inexperienced is so old but it is an excuse. As far as I can see, all that would happen if the transfer ban is lifted is that would still go down no matter what, the yams would have no excuses and they would be in even deeper financial problems. No down side really?

Phil D. Rolls
09-01-2014, 03:49 PM
I'm actually reasonably open to the transfer ban being lifted. They could sign Messi, Ronaldo and Ibra and they still wouldn't stay up. All the yams excuses about they only have kids who are inexperienced is so old but it is an excuse. As far as I can see, all that would happen if the transfer ban is lifted is that would still go down no matter what, the yams would have no excuses and they would be in even deeper financial problems. No down side really?

They could win the League Cup.

Aldo
09-01-2014, 03:51 PM
They could win the League Cup.

^^^^^^^is the only reason they want to sign players. Nowt about player burn out etc

Mikey09
09-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Agree with you Luna. Terry knows his plan for hibs will have the beating of that gang for many a year and wants more of it. A sold out Easter road against the yams is right up his street so I don't blame him for wanting more of it!! :tbgwa:

Inch Hibs
09-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Terry showing compassion for the tramps. Great guy.

Basically they are that messed that the manager of Hibernian is feeling sorry for them. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

happiehibbie
09-01-2014, 03:54 PM

its not about the transfer ban for me its about Honour and Scruples

The_Horde
09-01-2014, 03:57 PM
He's ambitious, that's what we like about Terry. He sees the yams being up here as an opportunity to make a name for himself at hibs. Fair play.

I still want them to go down the pan/relegated or both. TB can take next season as a strength building yseason and get stuck into Sevco when they come back up the following season

flash
09-01-2014, 03:58 PM
its not about the transfer ban for me its about Honour and Scruples

Am sure they have both just signed contracts so can't see Hertz getting either of them.

MrSmith
09-01-2014, 04:02 PM

Lets not lose the context of his statement nor the reasoning behind it.

Jim44
09-01-2014, 04:05 PM
He drops a wee bit in my estimation for his misguidedness but he's f@rting into the wind on this issue. Concentrate on consolidating the good job you've started, man.

The Green Goblin
09-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Don't mind TB having his opinion on it, but couldn't disagree more. Why should Hearts be treated any differently to other clubs?

They revelled in their excess spending of a poor EU country's taxpayers' money for years, on players they couldn't afford. Now the well has run dry and they are pleading they are a special case? No way. This is where their arrogance has led them and this is the consequence of doing what they did.

No sympathy for them whatsoever.

Edit: have now read what TB actually said and it's not even close to what people on this thread are saying he has said. Wth? Lot of pish about nothing.

FitbaFolkKen
09-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Butcher added: “If they do go down then we lose the Edinburgh derby and that would be a massive shame because, having witnessed one and won one, I want to win some more. They are just incredible affairs."

Inch Hibs
09-01-2014, 04:09 PM
People have to remember Butcher has been through administration and knows what it's like. Empathy for the beggars shows the calibre of man we have leading our club.

Phil D. Rolls
09-01-2014, 04:10 PM
;3864411']He's ambitious, that's what we like about Terry. He sees the yams being up here as an opportunity to make a name for himself at hibs. Fair play.

I still want them to go down the pan/relegated or both. TB can take next season as a strength building yseason and get stuck into Sevco when they come back up the following season

We are ambitions too, number one on the list is the extermination of the Gorgie tramps.

Greenworld
09-01-2014, 04:11 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/259707-terry-butcher-open-to-hibernians-city-rivals-hearts-having-embargo-lifted/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Last paragraph says they need to live with what has been decided
Bit of a mixed up piece.

lucky
09-01-2014, 04:12 PM
TB is wrong on this. They are still in administration so the ban must stay. There is no way the clubs would vote to change the rules during the season. TB was not here when we suffered due to their financial doping. He clearly still has a lot to learn about the Hibs v them rivalry.

Ritchie
09-01-2014, 04:12 PM

Terry Butcher would have to do a lot more than that for me to be at odds with him!

If i caught him with my Mrs i'd let him finish then make him a bite to eat before driving him home. :tbgwa:

GreenPJ
09-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Lets not lose the context of his statement nor the reasoning behind it.

Journalists at their best. He wants the derby to continue and who could blame him 100% win rate, great atmosphere, morale booster for the players and fans and coffers in the door. He also answers as a manager who is going to sympathise with another manager in that situation. Am sure if you asked the majority of managers (other than Lennon) they would empathise with Locke and suggest that if they were in that position they would want the embargo lifted too.

Its the papers just trying to find any tenuous support for the Yams case so they can put an alternative position.

hibseleven
09-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Terry Butcher would have to do a lot more than that for me to be at odds with him!

If i caught him with my Mrs i'd let him finish then make him a bite to eat before driving him home. :tbgwa:

Rich T, there is no chance you would pay for anybody's tea!!

Phil D. Rolls
09-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Journalists at their best. He wants the derby to continue and who could blame him 100% win rate, great atmosphere, morale booster for the players and fans and coffers in the door. He also answers as a manager who is going to sympathise with another manager in that situation. Am sure if you asked the majority of managers (other than Lennon) they would empathise with Locke and suggest that if they were in that position they would want the embargo lifted too.

Its the papers just trying to find any tenuous support for the Yams case so they can put an alternative position.

Journalists don't make up quotes, he said, he's at odds with the supporters.

Ritchie
09-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Rich T, there is no chance you would pay for anybody's tea!!

:greengrin i didn't say i would buy it... i'd rustle up whatever i could find in the kitchen!

EastCalderHibby
09-01-2014, 04:18 PM

They wont stay up BUT could have a say who ends in 11th place which could be really bad for said team
so f..k them transfer ban MUST stay in place :flag::flag::flag:

Hibby Kay-Yay
TB is wrong on this. They are still in administration so the ban must stay. There is no way the clubs would vote to change the rules during the season. TB was not here when we suffered due to their financial doping. He clearly still has a lot to learn about the Hibs v them rivalry.

Have you read the article? The last paragraph especially?

Diclonius
Gary Locke would publicly say exactly the same thing if we were in administration.

How Butcher feels about it behind closed doors is another matter entirely.

hibseleven
:greengrin i didn't say i would buy it... i'd rustle up whatever i could find in the kitchen!

beans on toast ok Mr Butcher............?

Beefster
09-01-2014, 04:20 PM
If he's been asked the question by a journalist, what do folk expect him to say? He's basically said "I've no objections but they should just accept what's been decided".

Ritchie
09-01-2014, 04:20 PM
beans on toast ok Mr Butcher............?

:devil:

Waxy
09-01-2014, 04:21 PM
No no no no no.

Golden Bear
09-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Silence is golden

smurf
09-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Gary Locke would publicly say exactly the same thing if we were in administration.

Exactly.

hihohibby
09-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Right, just seen his piece for the first time and I do understand why he said what he did.
Fair play to him to see it from a managers and cash and atmosphere perspective, but for me, the ethical and moral issues far out weigh his reasons.
I would rather sacrifice a derby, with all its implications, in order to see justice dealt out and served.

portyhibernian
09-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Don't agree with the idea if it being lifted but it won't be anyway so who cares?

Keith_M
09-01-2014, 04:27 PM
'Butcher tasted victory in his first Edinburgh derby at New Year, watching his men post a 2-1 win over the Tynecastle strugglers in front of more than 20,000 fans at Easter Road.

That experience gave him the taste for more rival action and he said he would be sad to lose the derby games if Hearts are to drop to the Championship next term.

Butcher added: “If they do go down then we lose the Edinburgh derby and that would be a massive shame because, having witnessed one and won one, I want to win some more. They are just incredible affairs.

“My sympathy is very much with them but at the same time they currently have to abide by what has been decided.” '

Surely he's entitled to his point of view. He enjoyed the experience of winning the Edinburgh Derby in front of 20,000 and would like to experience more of the same.

I'm hoping he's still in charge when the Derby resumes in season 2016-17.

GreenPJ
09-01-2014, 04:32 PM

Is that the full transcript of the conversation, it has been know that journalists sometimes take snippets to suit teir story, either way am sure TB is not going to lose sleep over being at odds with fans, if in fact he is. I hope TB's no 1 priority is about making Hibs as competitive as possible where half the fans just now seem to have the priority being the obliteration of Hearts. Personally I don't care about them, if we become competitive, win things and beat them consistently then that is better than never playing them for me.

Steven_Hibs
09-01-2014, 04:34 PM
I understand where he is coming from to be fair, we all want the derby matches. Otherwise who will buy a season ticket next year? Only big game will be Celtic! If only the hearts could stay up with young burnt out players so we could demolish them each derby that would suit me fine

GreenLake
09-01-2014, 04:36 PM
TB is just underlining the fact that they are a wee team and that that he has some pity for them. They are no longer rivals and maybe he can send out some of our young players on loan next year to get toughened up in the lower leagues - health and safety permitting.

HibbyDave
09-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Would rather he simply said: it would be unfair of me to comment on their (hearts) situation. I've worked at a club in admin and it's difficult enough without outside influences commenting especially since there is a second hearing on Monday regarding their appeal for the embargo to be lifted.

Yea but really........just die jambos!

SanFranHibs
09-01-2014, 04:39 PM
This regarding the transfer window.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/video/24811/9107934/butcher-hard-to-plan

Saorsa
09-01-2014, 04:39 PM
I understand where he is coming from to be fair, we all want the derby matches. Otherwise who will buy a season ticket next year? Only big game will be Celtic! If only the hearts could stay up with young burnt out players so we could demolish them each derby that would suit me fineI think you'd be better saying I instead of we and speaking for yersel. I dinnae give a toss about the derby, I want them tae get their just desserts. I will buy a season ticket, I support Hibs, not the Edinburgh Derby.

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2014, 04:40 PM
A dignified response from our manager which is more than you could ever expect from Locke, no problem at all with it though I realise it's bound to upset some poor chaps.

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2014, 04:42 PM
I think you'd be better saying I instead of we and speaking for yersel. I dinnae give a toss about the derby, I want them tae get their just desserts. I will buy a season ticket, I support Hibs, not the Edinburgh Derby.

Aye ya do!

GreenLake
09-01-2014, 04:51 PM
A dignified response from our manager which is more than you could ever expect from Locke, no problem at all with it though I realise it's bound to upset some poor chaps.

They hired Brown to handle the PR side of things

Robinho08
09-01-2014, 04:54 PM
I don't agree with him, but he won't go down in my estimation.

Inch Hibs
09-01-2014, 04:55 PM

Nae danger would pishy heid say the same. :confused:

Stevie Reid
09-01-2014, 04:56 PM
I don't agree with him, but his (official) stance doesn't bother me in the slightest.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-01-2014, 04:57 PM

Bollocks! They'd be putting the boot in every chance they got and the fans would be lapping it up. We'll not even let the dj play a couple of tunes about their predicament in case it upsets them.

patch1875
09-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Why have an official stance. What's he going to gain? Other than pissing off the majority of fans .

Golden Bear
09-01-2014, 04:59 PM
I don't agree with him, but his (official) stance doesn't bother me in the slightest.

:agree:

I suppose it's akin to John Robertson's stance in the Hands off Hibs campaign.

AndyM_1875
09-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Actually quite smart from Terry. He comes over as very dignified and there is nothing wrong with offering a few words of sympathy to the condemned. Certainly better than the pathetic outburst Vlad had at Rangers.

But Terry knows as well as anyone that the Hearts are doomed.

monktonharp
09-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Lets not lose the context of his statement nor the reasoning behind it. he said what he said. he needs to hurry along, and finish reading the Hibernian history. must only be on page 3, and just when I was starting to like him and his statements

Saorsa
09-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Aye ya do!Actually nah I dinnae :aok:

Them getting their comeuppance is what I want. Trying tae put my club out the game, 30 odd years of overspending and cheating. I hope they get everything that's coming tae them and then some.

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Actually nah I dinnae :aok:

Them getting their comeuppance is what I want. Trying tae put my club out the game, 30 odd years of overspending and cheating. I hope they get everything that's coming tae them and then some.

Aye I get all that, I was referring to the last one and the next one we win so aye you do.:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
09-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Is that the full transcript of the conversation, it has been know that journalists sometimes take snippets to suit teir story, either way am sure TB is not going to lose sleep over being at odds with fans, if in fact he is. I hope TB's no 1 priority is about making Hibs as competitive as possible where half the fans just now seem to have the priority being the obliteration of Hearts. Personally I don't care about them, if we become competitive, win things and beat them consistently then that is better than never playing them for me.

I respect Butchers right to speak his mind. I don't agree with him, but I'd be surprised if he was naive enough to be misquoted.

I don't think anyone would be daft enough to make up what he said.

Saorsa
09-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Aye I get all that, I was referring to the last one and the next one we win so aye you do.:greengrinLet me put it another way then, if there's a choice tae be made, there's nae contest between the two as far as I'm concerned. It certainly wouldnae influence my decision on buying a ST re. the original post I quoted.

joe breezy

I wouldn't expect him to say much else - every game other than the Hearts game the ground has been half empty.

Also, he's a football man, not a Hibs fan. He also spoke about how he felt the Premier League needed Sevco.

Gustavo Fring
butcher must go

he's just startin to turn us around so lets sack him for answering a question about hearts :confused:

WWFTWTG
09-01-2014, 05:21 PM
No, no and no........

If these cheating ****s have money available it should go to pay the long list of creditors including the Scottish Ambulance Service, other NHS bodies and many other decent local business and organisations that this lot have shafted - if that means the end for them then so be it.

Andy74
09-01-2014, 05:24 PM
butcher must go

he's just startin to turn us around so lets sack him for answering a question about hearts :confused:

Yeah because that's what's being suggested right enough. :confused:

grunt
09-01-2014, 05:29 PM
No, no and no........

If these cheating ****s have money available it should go to pay the long list of creditors including the Scottish Ambulance Service, other NHS bodies and many other decent local business and organisations that this lot have shafted - if that means the end for them then so be it.

That's not how administration works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Humo
09-01-2014, 05:30 PM
It doesn't matter if the transfer ban is lifted as they have no money so it doesn't really matter. However I find it odd that Butcher would say that as not only will it annoy most of our fans but I reckon that it might piss off Rod who has openly spoken out about sporting integrity ( The Rangers drama) so this has left me a bit annoyed and really confused.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Twa Cairpets
09-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Butcher says something that is politically sensible and sensitive given he is an employee of Hibs, a football guy and not a Hibs fan.
A few people interpret this as he is supporting Hearts appeal for clemency.
He is diametrically not, and is quoted as saying so.
Calm doon.

I said in another thread today to DD that refs shouldn't speak after a game because people only want to hear what they want to hear and interpret things at face value. This is a perfect example is this type of reaction football. Dont let a lazy journo away with spreading p!sh, 'cos that's what it is...

WWFTWTG
09-01-2014, 05:32 PM
That's not how administration works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know that but there is nothing to prevent doing it with additional funds permitting.

Twa Cairpets
09-01-2014, 05:33 PM
It doesn't matter if the transfer ban is lifted as they have no money so it doesn't really matter. However I find it odd that Butcher would say that as not only will it annoy most of our fans but I reckon that it might piss off Rod who has openly spoken out about sporting integrity ( The Rangers drama) so this has left me a bit annoyed and really confused.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

He didn't say anything the sort. Quite the opposite. Annoyance over and confusion lifted.

JimBHibees
09-01-2014, 05:35 PM
Butcher says something that is politically sensible and sensitive given he is an employee of Hibs, a football guy and not a Hibs fan.
A few people interpret this as he is supporting Hearts appeal for clemency.
He is diametrically not, and is quoted as saying so.
Calm doon.

I said in another thread today to DD that refs shouldn't speak after a game because people only want to hear what they want to hear and interpret things at face value. This is a perfect example is this type of reaction football. Dont let a lazy journo away with spreading p!sh, 'cos that's what it is...

Completely agree he is saying exactly what he should say in the circumstances. They no doubt wanted him to have a pop and he didnt give them that line as he isnt that stupid.

CropleyWasGod
09-01-2014, 05:52 PM
I know that but there is nothing to prevent doing it with additional funds permitting.

There is :wink:

SaulGoodman
09-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Let's get him punted :faf:

WWFTWTG
09-01-2014, 05:59 PM
There is :wink:

So they owed the scottish ambulance service money that has not been paid - why could they not pay the money owed to the scottish ambulance service as a gesture of goodwill with no conditions?

CropleyWasGod
09-01-2014, 06:00 PM
So they owed the scottish ambulance service money that has not been paid - why could they not pay the money owed to the scottish ambulance service as a gesture of goodwill with no conditions?

It would be illegal.

Aldo
09-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Some of the posts on here are incredible.

For me this was a journalist throwing in a wee question bout the yams expecting Terry to give it to them tight.

Instead he gave the answer that wasn't expected however came across as supportive towards his fellow manager but right at the death saying they have to abide by any decision.

Nowt in it for me. Folk getting their knickers in a twist over nowt.

SaulGoodman
09-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Close the thread IMO.

Load of pish about nothing.

Pete
09-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Saying something negative about hearts would only bring negative energy to the club in some form. It's all about hibs and getting a positive mental attitude around the place right now.

He probably too busy to give a stuff about any other club, let alone have any negative feelings towards them. He knows that's the supporters department.

Borderhibbie76
09-01-2014, 06:16 PM
What a nonsense of a thread...total NON story imo..move on!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

weonlywon6-2
09-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Dont see what all the fuss is about. Hes not going to rip them to bits in an interview now is he??
The current management and most of the players are not to blame for the mess and im sure that is whats behind his reasons for saying what he has.
He wont be interested in the politics only the football.

Its news today and gone tomorrow:cb

weonlywon6-2
09-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Some of the posts on here are incredible.

For me this was a journalist throwing in a wee question bout the yams expecting Terry to give it to them tight.

Instead he gave the answer that wasn't expected however came across as supportive towards his fellow manager but right at the death saying they have to abide by any decision.

Nowt in it for me. Folk getting their knickers in a twist over nowt.

This:top marks

The_Todd
09-01-2014, 06:51 PM
There's either drama queens, yams or both on this thread. There's nothing in the slightest wrong with anything he said when read in context.

Jack
09-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Actually quite smart from Terry. He comes over as very dignified and there is nothing wrong with offering a few words of sympathy to the condemned. Certainly better than the pathetic outburst Vlad had at Rangers.

But Terry knows as well as anyone that the Hearts are doomed.

Agreed. We'd better get used to Terry the diplomat speaking without actually saying much rather than reflecting the thoughts of the Hibs supporters.

If this is what it's going to be like I canny wait till sevco are on their way back and Rangers former captain is asked for his views.

Onion
09-01-2014, 06:54 PM
What a nonsense of a thread...total NON story imo..move on!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Disagree. This is a debate about a Hibs Official's comments about a topic that has dominated .net over the last few days, which may or may not have influence on the outcome. Nothing wrong with that.

The_Todd
09-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Disagree. This is a debate about a Hibs Official's comments about a topic that has dominated .net over the last few days, which may or may not have influence on the outcome. Nothing wrong with that.

But he didn't really say much did he? He said he had sympathy but he also said "thems the rules, so no dice" essentially. I don't see the controversy.

IWasThere2016
09-01-2014, 06:58 PM
FTYams!

Some Yam trolls on here is there no.

marinello59
09-01-2014, 06:59 PM
But he didn't really say much did he? He said he had sympathy but he also said "thems the rules, so no dice" essentially. I don't see the controversy.

There is no controversy.
However it does provide a pleasant distraction from the general good feeling about our club just now for those that like a good grump. :greengrin

The_Todd
The MB has had a distinct whiff recently. I think they're trying distract themselves from the inevitable.

Arch Stanton

But he isn't a spokesman for the club! Not that the club have been vocal in how they want Hearts to be treated.

Nor, is his job to make and enforce SPFL rules, so his opinions on this are of marginal interest surely.

It is clear TB just doesn't have the mentallity of a fan and that is fine me.

God Petrie
09-01-2014, 07:02 PM
The manager isn't a spokesman for the club? Odd.

SaulGoodman
09-01-2014, 07:04 PM

No, the Hibs manager being cornered and asked on his thoughts about the Yams, isn't a representation of what the club as a whole thinks.

spurshibby
09-01-2014, 07:04 PM
TB should follow this http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-rivals-call-spfl-kick-3003380

Arch Stanton
09-01-2014, 07:06 PM

On football matters yes - his opinions on anything else are merely opinions. Or is his every utterance to be treated as if they represent the views of the board? Now, that would be odd!!

Aldo
09-01-2014, 07:10 PM
TB should follow this http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-rivals-call-spfl-kick-3003380

Why. So if these told Terry they were going to jump of a cliff or eat a ****ty stick he should follow??

Dear dear.

Heisenberg
09-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Butcher out, Fenlon in.

Hibernia Na Eir
09-01-2014, 07:13 PM
They can say all they want but the 11 other clubs won't back down. Yambo's are down.

Saorsa
09-01-2014, 07:15 PM
http://nowallsgallery.com//images/custom/w463/content/3/accordion/a6e52ba7171ee9eed49464ba1c674ee5_0.jpg

Aldo
09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Quality. J

Arch Stanton
09-01-2014, 07:16 PM

It it says that St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Partick thistle and Ross County are unamimous that the Hearts penalty must remain.

I'm not actually convinced that interviews with the managers of those four clubs would show such unanimity - I'd actually expect that they would come out with something similar to TB.

Hibercelona
09-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Some people seem to forget that just because Butcher is the Hibs manager, it doesn't automatically make him a dyed in the wool hibby. :rolleyes:

Of course we all want Hearts to crash and burn. But not everybody shares that opinion and we just need to accept it.

Hermit Crab
09-01-2014, 07:21 PM

Pish. Complete utter

Hermit Crab
09-01-2014, 07:28 PM
L T Y F uds on this thread. It reeks of yam.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Who gives a ****....hes hibs manager and will be just as desperate as us to pump them....he just wants them to stay up so he can extend his 100% record

In butcher we trust

hihohibby
09-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Pish. Complete utter

Thank you for that constructive response.
Do you not understand that being at odds with someone does not equate to anything other than disagreeing with that persons view on a particular issue?
Terry B, as far as I'm concerned is a much needed breath of fresh air and I'm delighted he is our manager.

Jonnyboy
09-01-2014, 07:51 PM
An unsurprising amount of hysteria on this thread with a few posters possibly letting their twirly scarf's show.

Butcher is a clever man. Had he answered the way some would have had him do he'd have provided lazy journo's with the kind of headlines Hibs would prefer to avoid.

Imagine the boot was on the other foot.

"So Billy, what's your view on the dire situation at Easter Road?"

"They're strugglin, not going places other than the league below and it serves them right."

That's the difference

Peevemor
09-01-2014, 08:03 PM
An unsurprising amount of hysteria on this thread with a few posters possibly letting their twirly scarf's show.

Butcher is a clever man. Had he answered the way some would have had him do he'd have provided lazy journo's with the kind of headlines Hibs would prefer to avoid.

Imagine thje boot was on the other foot.

"They're strugglin, not going places other than the league below and it serves them right."

That's the difference

Exactly. I prefer the honest opinion of someone who obviously knows his own mind instead of the clichéd soundbites you get from the usual football rentagobs.

Aldo
09-01-2014, 08:04 PM
An unsurprising amount of hysteria on this thread with a few posters possibly letting their twirly scarf's show. Butcher is a clever man. Had he answered the way some would have had him do he'd have provided lazy journo's with the kind of headlines Hibs would prefer to avoid. Imagine thje boot was on the other foot. "So Billy, what's your view on the dire situation at Easter Road?" "They're strugglin, not going places other than the league below and it serves them right." That's the difference

Excellently put that man.

down-the-slope
09-01-2014, 08:59 PM

It was an easy one for him - show some class and sympathy....with no chance of any relaxation of SPFL / SFA decisions and so it has no real gravitas....

It would be like me saying - I feel sorry for those on .net who are finding things financially tight... so £50 to each person who rings my bell in the next hour

Jonnyboy
09-01-2014, 09:03 PM
It was an easy one for him - show some class and sympathy....with no chance of any relaxation of SPFL / SFA decisions and so it has no real gravitas....

It would be like me saying - I feel sorry for those on .net who are finding things financially tight... so £50 to each person who rings my bell in the next hour

Ah'll be roond in ten minutes :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
09-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Touch of class again from TB as far as I'm concerned.

Let's leave the petty crap to Brown and Locke, they've got it down to a T.

nonshinyfinish
09-01-2014, 09:18 PM
For the purposes of the official count... is this considered a Yams thread? :dunno:

I think we should be told.

Hibbyradge
09-01-2014, 09:26 PM
A diplomatic answer from the Hibs manager.

I'm never going back.

PatHead
09-01-2014, 09:50 PM

I will collect mine at the next meeting, used notes only.

The_Exile
09-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Nowhere in that article does he say Hearts should have their embargo lifted, all I see is a dignified and proper response to some p! ss poor questions from a journo, the very definition of a non-story.

down-the-slope
09-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Ah'll be roond in ten minutes :greengrin

Ah well shame - times up and no takers...but my sympathy and generosity ( like Terry's) cannot be questioned....:wink:

Jonnyboy
09-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Ah well shame - times up and no takers...but my sympathy and generosity cannot be questioned....:wink:

Lights out, curtains drawn, suspicion of somebody hiding behind the settee. I gave up and came home :greengrin

down-the-slope
09-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Lights out, curtains drawn, suspicion of somebody hiding behind the settee. I gave up and came home :greengrin

Lights on..Curtains open so I can enjoy starry sky (classy village with no riff raff peeping in) and I am resplendent on my Chaise Longue

Dunderhall
09-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Lights on..Curtains open so I can enjoy starry sky (classy village with no riff raff peeping in) and I am resplendent on my Chaise Longue
Impressive garden shed.

--------
10-01-2014, 02:08 AM

Is there a rule that says Hibernian managers must at all times express opinions acceptable to all Hibernian supporters?

Would we rather have a yes-man or someone with a mind of his own?

Do we want a manager who'll always stop to ask himself - what would the guys on Hibs.net want me to say? - before offering any opinion?

Or someone who offers no opinion at all, ever?

I don't share his sympathy for Locke his hunchback sidekick Igor. But he closes by saying that as things stand, they'll just have to get on with it, since the rules say so. Fair enough, IMO.

But of course, it's probably much more the Hibs way to decide he's not actually the manager we want after all, and start the campaign now to move him on in about 18 months time like the rest of them?

It's not about whether he can turn the team around - it's about whether he's going to toe the Hibs.net Party Line on the Jambos.

How about a public recantation and plea for understanding and mercy, like we saw in China when Mao was on the rampage?

Sometimes, when I read the stuff on this forum, I despair. I really do. :rolleyes:

Beefster
10-01-2014, 07:01 AM
This thread absolutely reeks. It's not the only current thread that does, mind you.

The Gorf
10-01-2014, 08:11 AM

Imagine the boot was on the other foot.

That's the difference

Yep. Storm in a teacup. Tel should learn from the tache. Remember the tache being interviewed outside Hampden and while being very diplomatic, he had that wry smile on his face.

gegs70
10-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Terry can have an opinion it wont always be the same as others....

His job is to make hibs better but I dont suppose it will do the SPL any good losing the hibs v hearts fixture, what a great atmosphere at ER with a full crowd behind hibs.

steakbake
10-01-2014, 09:44 AM
I smell asbestos and desperation from a number of posters... roasters - absolute roasters.

--------
10-01-2014, 10:56 AM
This thread absolutely reeks. It's not the only current thread that does, mind you.

Yup. The suppurating stench of Gorgie. :rolleyes:

Gustavo Fring
10-01-2014, 11:47 AM
i saw the interview on the news and all he really said is , administration is tough and you need all the help you can get

from that you have headlines like this

I'd back any move to lift Hearts registration embargo 10 Jan 2014 08:27 (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/by-date/10-01-2014) BUTCHER managed Motherwell through administration and says he'd be happy to see the struggling Jambos' embargo lifted.

nowhere in his interview did he say

'i back hearts move to have this embargo lifted'

'id be happy to see the embargo lifted'

'i want to see them stay in the spfl'

that is all made up by the daily rangers

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-01-2014, 11:52 AM
i saw the interview on the news and all he really said is , administration is tough and you need all the help you can get

I'd back any move to lift Hearts registration embargo 10 Jan 2014 08:27 (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/by-date/10-01-2014) BUTCHER managed Motherwell through administration and says he'd be happy to see the struggling Jambos' embargo lifted.

I'll happily admit to being a tad miffed having read that earlier without the benefit of having witnessed the interview in full. Glad thats been cleared up now.

Jim44
10-01-2014, 12:20 PM

Maybe he didn't use these exact words but these quotes from Butcher suggest he would happily accept the removal of the embargo. Albeit the Daily Record, I think the use of quotation marks can be trusted.

“It would certainly help their younger players if they were to get a bit more experience in.

“I’ve been at clubs who are or who have been in administration and it’s very difficult. You seem to be up against everything all the time.

“They certainly haven’t had their troubles to seek this season and if lifting the embargo helps them then, yes, that would be fine."

Groathillgrump
10-01-2014, 01:25 PM

I'd back any move to lift Hearts registration embargo

10 Jan 2014 08:27 (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/by-date/10-01-2014) BUTCHER managed Motherwell through administration and says he'd be happy to see the struggling Jambos' embargo lifted.

The moral of this story is don't comment on what someone has allegedly said until you're in full possession of the facts. Particularly if the source of the story is that arsewipe rag the Daily Rangers. :rolleyes:

Groathillgrump
10-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Maybe he didn't use these exact words but these quotes from Butcher suggest he would happily accept the removal of the embargo. Albeit the Daily Record, I think the use of quotation marks can be trusted.

“It would certainly help their younger players if they were to get a bit more experience in.

“I’ve been at clubs who are or who have been in administration and it’s very difficult. You seem to be up against everything all the time.

“They certainly haven’t had their troubles to seek this season and if lifting the embargo helps them then, yes, that would be fine."

Jim, I don't think the use of quotation marks can always be trusted when they are used in a tabloid. I found that out to my cost years ago when the Daily Record asked me to comment on a controversial issue in a book the company I worked for had just published. Obviously my guarded replies weren't newsworthy enough so they just changed them to what they'd wanted me to say and yes, they were in quotation marks!

Jim44
10-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Jim, I don't think the use of quotation marks can always be trusted when they are used in a tabloid. I found that out to my cost years ago when the Daily Record asked me to comment on a controversial issue in a book the company I worked for had just published. Obviously my guarded replies weren't newsworthy enough so they just changed them to what they'd wanted me to say and yes, they were in quotation marks!

I hear what you're saying but I don't think the iffy tabloid reputation is a strong enough reason for doubting that Butcher expressed sentiments that a lot of Hibbys are uncomfortable with.

tamig
10-01-2014, 04:51 PM
I hear what you're saying but I don't think the iffy tabloid reputation is a strong enough reason for doubting that Butcher expressed sentiments that a lot of Hibbys are uncomfortable with.

If he did say what is shown in quotation marks, he was making the comments on a personal level. So, if his views don't mirror those of some of the Hibs support, what's the big deal? Storm in a teacup as many have said already.

The_Todd
10-01-2014, 04:55 PM
I think it's astonishing some throw-away noncommital remarks made by TB has snowballed into this. We're *still* talking about this?

Stonewall
10-01-2014, 05:01 PM
i hear what you're saying but i don't think the iffy tabloid reputation is a strong enough reason for doubting that butcher expressed sentiments that a lot of hibbys are uncomfortable with.

who cares.

ancient hibee
10-01-2014, 06:53 PM

Presumably you've contacted the club to pass your opinion onto TB.

flash
10-01-2014, 06:56 PM

Should you not be on another thread worrying about the Hertz?