PDA

View Full Version : Alex Harris available v Aberdeen

green glory
09-01-2014, 01:12 PM
@HibernianFCClub: More good news for #Hibs because @AlexHarris_94 returns to the squad for #AFCvHFC after recovering from injury

Brilliant news, and he must be impressing TB in training.

SaulGoodman
09-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Probably be a good impact sub, who do we drop for him when he's back to full fitness though?

I don't think anyone in that team deserves dropped

007 Mickey Weir
09-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Good position to be in. But I think he is our better option at RM. Get Murphy in for LM, another Striker and we are building a good squad.

Andy74
09-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Probably be a good impact sub, who do we drop for him when he's back to full fitness though?

Who do we drop? We've been crying out for pace and ability wide and suddenly everyone playing is allright really? :greengrin

I get what you are saying though. The players in there have done quite well but we do need to be more of a threat in open play. Good problem to have though. I'm not sure Harris was playing too well before he was injured though, maybe he will come back more the player we had last year?

PatHead
09-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Great news. Another option and a bit pace.

He isn't too young though as playing football might be bad for him at that age according to the Hearts ass manager?

R'Albin
09-01-2014, 01:27 PM

I agree. He's certainly a good option to have though. Plus, now he has legitimate competition, at least there won't be as much pressure on him to perform every week. From what I hear his form started to dip a little bit in his last few games before injury (granted, we were crap and he did start extremely well for us), so if Cairney keeps playing well then we shouldn't have to overuse him.

lord bunberry
09-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Who do we drop? We've been crying out for pace and ability wide and suddenly everyone playing is allright really? :greengrin

I get what you are saying though. The players in there have done quite well but we do need to be more of a threat in open play. Good problem to have though. I'm not sure Harris was playing too well before he was injured though, maybe he will come back more the player we had last year?

Was it not the 1st game of the season that Harris got injured?

Stevie Reid
09-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Was it not the 1st game of the season that Harris got injured?

Yep, prior to that I think he was a late sub away v Malmo, and played most of the home leg. He had a poor first half v Motherwell, he just couldn't beat his man at all, but he never hid and was coming onto a game when he got done.

Delighted to have him back.

Matty_Jack04
09-01-2014, 01:40 PM

Before his injury he was carrying the weight of the team on his shoulders, fenlon singled him out as the man to turn around the malmo fiasco, too much pressure on a young lad is bound to effect him this time round he can afford to take his time make a few sub appearances before trying to get back in the first 11, we're not going down we shouldn't rush the boy back for the sake of a top 6 Finish should be looking to make sure he gets some game time and is ready for a full pre season injury free

Hibbyradge
09-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Butcher has been champing at the bit to get him playing, but the physio has been urging caution.

I'm guessing he must be proper ready! :thumbsup:

leggeto
09-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Will be great to see him back down that right wing

offshorehibby
09-01-2014, 01:46 PM
To be honest i think it'll be 2 or 3 games until he's anywhere near starting a game and i don't think we'll see him back to his best until next season. So let's cut him a bit of slack.

Inch Hibs
09-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Fantastic news. Him and Forster are the future of the club :thumbsup:

hfc rd
09-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Great news! :greengrin

Having said that, he has been out injured for a very long time and I'm sure TB won't rush him straight back into the team as the last thing we all want is for him to aggravate that injury and be on the sidelines for an extended period. Slowly nurse him back in and bring him on as a sub for some game time, fitness wise. He isn't going to be up to speed with everyone else, so maybe something like 15 mins game time on Friday night will do him no harm.

:tbgwa:

Steven_Hibs
09-01-2014, 01:53 PM
I fear for him too many games, say 19-20 and he'll get burnout. Health and safety must come into play here.

Brightside
09-01-2014, 02:00 PM
When he's ready he'll replace Cairney.

Jack
09-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Looked like he was going to be a great player before. I can't wait to see what happens once Butcher gets in his mind.

Keith_M
09-01-2014, 02:01 PM
I hope people don't expect too much from him when he does get back to playing. He's still just a raw young talent that has shown promise but has now been out of action for months.

My opinion is that he's one for the future, not someone that'll suddenly be firing on all cylinders.

The Sea-gull
09-01-2014, 02:02 PM

I think the players playing having been doing pretty well as the sequence of 9 games and 1 loss (to Celtic away) since TB took over backs up. Unlike at other times when we have been on runs like this in the past, I don't think we have got any of it through luck either. I think we have got what we deserved from every game since TB took over.

So I can see why people might question who we drop after a run like that. However, I don't think the current group of players and starting line ups would sustain such a run long term and we still need creativity and pace in the team.

A fit Alex Harris would seem to give us that but what we must remember is that we are talking about a 19 year old boy who only got a start for us from April onwards after a handful of good sub cameos. He might go on to be a Hibernian and Scotland great who is gracing the EPL by the time he is 22 or he might be playing for Raith Rovers in the Championship. He is barely in double figures for HFC first team starts. Far too soon to pin our hopes on him but I would definitely chuck him in for second half of season and see how he gets on.

Hermit Crab
09-01-2014, 02:34 PM
I would have kept that quiet and surprised Aberdeen.

GRANTON_HIBS
09-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Forster/Harris = Whittaker/Brown?

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Forster/Harris = Whittaker/Brown?

Shhhhh, East Mains is a waste of money and not producing anything :wink:

JMac
09-01-2014, 03:27 PM
I think a lot of hibs fans overrate him personally. Just of his cup semi performance. A good young player? Yes. Someone who's going to come in and drastically change the side? No. He's still really young coming off a bad injury, don't put pressure on him. I'm not expecting him to be back to full fitness/ability until next year. (As long as we sign him to a new deal)

B.H.F.C
09-01-2014, 03:57 PM
I think a lot of hibs fans overrate him personally. Just of his cup semi performance. A good young player? Yes. Someone who's going to come in and drastically change the side? No. He's still really young coming off a bad injury, don't put pressure on him. I'm not expecting him to be back to full fitness/ability until next year. (As long as we sign him to a new deal)

I agree with the bit about not putting too much pressure on him.

However, he showed a lot more than just in that cup semi. He was outstanding at Tynecastle. He scored in the abandoned game at Killie before coming of the bench and setting up a couple in the rearranged game. Overall his performances were very good.

He scored in our first pre season game at Dumbarton and looked head and shoulders above the rest of the team. Picked up an injury later in pre season hence why he wasn't quite at the same level against Malmo and Motherwell. I think the talk of his form dipping was harsh.

The good thing is that the team have been doing relatively well so it allows him to find his feet for the remainder of this season.

JimBHibees
09-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Yep, prior to that I think he was a late sub away v Malmo, and played most of the home leg. He had a poor first half v Motherwell, he just couldn't beat his man at all, but he never hid and was coming onto a game when he got done.

Delighted to have him back.

Agree the worst tackle I have seen this season. Proper meant to do him IMO. Great to have Alex back and hope he is as good as he was before his injury. Provides a different option and very direct and quick.

Hibrandenburg
09-01-2014, 05:37 PM
I hope people don't expect too much from him when he does get back to playing. He's still just a raw young talent that has shown promise but has now been out of action for months.

My opinion is that he's one for the future, not someone that'll suddenly be firing on all cylinders.

Couldn't agree more Keith, he needs to be weaned back into the team. He's probably chomping at the bit to get out there but his and our expectations are so high that his confidence could take a knock if all doesn't go to plan.

HH81
09-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Great news but hope people don't expect too much too soon.

Been long lay off.

God Petrie
09-01-2014, 05:45 PM
If he isn't quite ready we should ask the SPFL if we can sign Ronaldo as a replacement for fear of Harris getting injured.

jax67
09-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Great news!!

Onceinawhile
09-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Would start lewis ahead of him in games where we maybe need to sit in a bit e.g. Celtic and Aberdeen,Dundee United, m'well (away only) and start Harris in games where we are expecting more to push on and take the initiative. Glad to have him back.

Ronniekirk
09-01-2014, 06:35 PM
I would have kept that quiet and surprised Aberdeen.
It's been an open secret that he would be back in squad early January He clearly won't start so suspect Aberdeen would have been thinking about how to nullify his pace if he got on bench and came on as sub .But like Heff he will get a run out for 15 pr so minutes against Aberdeen and will be interesting to see how he is used think Tell will want him being direct and taking men on ute agree can't expect too Mutch to soon

PatHead
09-01-2014, 07:19 PM
It's been an open secret that he would be back in squad early January He clearly won't start so suspect Aberdeen would have been thinking about how to nullify his pace if he got on bench and came on as sub .But like Heff he will get a run out for 15 pr so minutes against Aberdeen and will be interesting to see how he is used think Tell will want him being direct and taking men on ute agree can't expect too Mutch to soon

Don't see why Heff won't start, he started against United on Sunday. Agree with you re 15 mins for Harris

AlbertK86
09-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Great to see him back.

This boy has a great future.

Very mature head on young shoulders

Agree totally that he needs eased back in.

Fortunately we ain't in the position of a few months ago where we were desperate for someone like him to give us the lift we needed

Would like to see him and Stanton really come to the fore over the next few months

Will be interesting to see our bench tmw if he is included

Reckon starting 11 will be same as last week so bench for me would be

Murdoch
Maybury
Jones
Stanton
Harris
Handling
Cummings

Zoubir would struggle against a strong Aberdeen side

Welcome back young Boozy

GGTTH

Craig_in_Prague
09-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Is Zoubir on loan all season? If TB doesn't fancy him then can't he be sent back? Guess he won't be costing much, but still..

AlbertK86
09-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Is Zoubir on loan all season? If TB doesn't fancy him then can't he be sent back? Guess he won't be costing much, but still..

Yep was a year agreement

Jonnyboy
09-01-2014, 09:04 PM
The weight of expectation on young Boozy is enormous but I trust TB to use him wisely

Wotherspiniesta
09-01-2014, 09:10 PM

Can't believe Zoubir's fall from grace TBH. Couple of poor games, still adjusting to Scottish football and some folk wouldn't even have him on the bench?

I thought he looked a great player in his cameo appearances earlier this season and although he's not shown much since, definately has something different to offer us.

By the way, great to have young Boozy back. What an exciting prospect he looked last season.

hfc rd
09-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Great to see him back.

This boy has a great future.

Very mature head on young shoulders

Agree totally that he needs eased back in.

Fortunately we ain't in the position of a few months ago where we were desperate for someone like him to give us the lift we needed

Would like to see him and Stanton really come to the fore over the next few months

Will be interesting to see our bench tmw if he is included

Reckon starting 11 will be same as last week so bench for me would be

Murdoch
Maybury
Jones
Stanton
Harris
Handling
Cummings

Zoubir would struggle against a strong Aberdeen side

Welcome back young Boozy

GGTTH

Wouldn't mind that bench.

poolman
09-01-2014, 10:42 PM
I fear for him too many games, say 19-20 and he'll get burnout. Health and safety must come into play here.

Totally agree

Let's not play him until he's about 27 until we get the go-ahead from the health & safety committee

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-01-2014, 10:55 PM
I don't think he's even been injured. Almost convinced he's just been sitting at home playing his X Box. Imagine how burnt out he would be by now if he'd had to play football since Aug! I only hope we know what were doing, bringing him back when there are still 5 months of the gruelling season left!! #prayforBoozy

B.H.F.C
10-01-2014, 12:59 AM
Can't believe Zoubir's fall from grace TBH. Couple of poor games, still adjusting to Scottish football and some folk wouldn't even have him on the bench?

I thought he looked a great player in his cameo appearances earlier this season and although he's not shown much since, definately has something different to offer us.

By the way, great to have young Boozy back. What an exciting prospect he looked last season.

Wouldn't surprise me if his loan is ended early. Struggled to get any game time and with Harris coming back that will make it even harder for him.

He showed some promise in his first two appearances but hasn't really shown anything since. We are in January now and with him only being on loan I don't think he really has any time left to adapt.

Gustavo Fring
10-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Totally agree

Let's not play him until he's about 27 until we get the go-ahead from the health & safety committee

:faf: