PDA

View Full Version : NHC Tims being investigated by EC

Sylar
09-01-2014, 11:34 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-25658184

Celtc are being investigated by the European Commission for their land deals with Glasgow City Council.

I recall something on here a while back about this but the concensus was it was 'huns trying in vain to get at them'.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a Sevconian who 'leaked' this information to the EC but is there anything to it? Surely if the EC thought it was pointless, they wouldn't even bother looking at the information.

Hibbyradge
09-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Are we the only legit club left?

SanFranHibs
09-01-2014, 02:14 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-25658184

Celtc are being investigated by the European Commission for their land deals with Glasgow City Council.

I recall something on here a while back about this but the concensus was it was 'huns trying in vain to get at them'.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a Sevconian who 'leaked' this information to the EC but is there anything to it? Surely if the EC thought it was pointless, they wouldn't even bother looking at the information.

I would have thought in such circumstances the focus of an EC investigation would be the Council as an elected body.

:dunno:

Keith_M
09-01-2014, 03:04 PM
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was nothng in this aside from sh*t stirring by Sevco fans.

I presume the EU comission are duty bound to investigate

VickMackie
09-01-2014, 07:30 PM
I read they were given very favourable loan rates to purchase it as well by HBOS or LLoyds whose bosses were linked with the top dogs at Celtic.

Might be a lot of crap but wouldn't surprise me.

Sylar
09-01-2014, 08:21 PM
I read they were given very favourable loan rates to purchase it as well by HBOS or LLoyds whose bosses were linked with the top dogs at Celtic.

This was the only non-explicit Rangers related site I could find in relation to the story, which provides a bit more supposed detail than the BBC website.

http://footballtaxhavens.wordpress.com/2014/01/01/state-aid-assembling-the-case-for-the-eu/

As a blog site, I appreciate it's far from reliable.

Judas Iscariot
09-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Tims??!

Put yer Union Jack doon eh

Vini1875
09-01-2014, 08:52 PM
I don't know the ins and outs of this story but I do know Glasgow City Council has been selling land cheaply since it costs them to up keep the land in various sites throughout Glasgow, so sensible to put land which it can't afford to develop into private hands. Land in the East End is hardly at a premium anyway.

Remember Edinburgh City Council blocking STF over the Lochend Butterfly? That should have had them under investigation.

Sylar
09-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Tims??!

Put yer Union Jack doon eh

What a very odd and ill-informed post.

Billy Whizz
09-01-2014, 09:10 PM
What a very odd and ill-informed post.

So what are the penalties if found guilty

AndyM_1875
09-01-2014, 09:12 PM
So what are the penalties if found guilty

Having to pay back the correct rate plus Compound interest.

In short, about £30m

Billy Whizz
09-01-2014, 09:30 PM

In short, about £30m

Worth an investigation

Winston Ingram
09-01-2014, 09:41 PM

In short, about £30m

Pleasing:greengrin

Hopefully this sort of think will put off Yam councillors trying to force through a new stadium for them

fatbloke
09-01-2014, 10:08 PM

Co-operative Bank was it not?

fatbloke
09-01-2014, 10:09 PM
I don't know the ins and outs of this story but I do know Glasgow City Council has been selling land cheaply since it costs them to up keep the land in various sites throughout Glasgow, so sensible to put land which it can't afford to develop into private hands. Land in the East End is hardly at a premium anyway.

Remember Edinburgh City Council blocking STF over the Lochend Butterfly? That should have had them under investigation.

After Mr Petrie practically stole the land at East Mains will he be worried?:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin