PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Butcher

Bill Milne
09-01-2014, 09:12 AM
I saw a picture in the Evening News last night about this bloke (aka Kenneth Newey). Anyone else remember him from the beginnings of Pentland Branch - Hibs Club?. IIRC, it was later claimed that he became a Jambo when they launched on the cheating era around 1984.

WindyMiller
09-01-2014, 09:26 AM
I saw a picture in the Evening News last night about this bloke (aka Kenneth Newey). Anyone else remember him from the beginnings of Pentland Branch - Hibs Club?. IIRC, it was later claimed that he became a Jambo when they launched on the cheating era around 1984.

I remember Kenny (Newby) well, from the early days of running the Pentland bus. We were part of the original Pentland Branch committee.

iwasthere1972
09-01-2014, 01:40 PM

I was mates with Kenny Newey (AKA Bobby Butcher) and travelled on the Pentland Hibs bus in the early 70's which at the time left from The White Hart, Grassmarket. I think Nicky and Dave ran the bus and me, Kenny Newey, Andy Falconer and Ian Hill often travelled on it. Remember getting our windows tanned in in the car park at Tannadice after a match against Dundee United. May have been about 1973. Fond memories of getting chased through gardens when on away visits and managed to avoid a fight about midnight in Aberdeen after watching Hibs draw with the Dons 1-1 earlier that day.

Great experience.

Bill Milne
10-01-2014, 08:43 AM
I was mates with Kenny Newey (AKA Bobby Butcher) and travelled on the Pentland Hibs bus in the early 70's which at the time left from The White Hart, Grassmarket. I think Nicky and Dave ran the bus and me, Kenny Newey, Andy Falconer and Ian Hill often travelled on it. Remember getting our windows tanned in in the car park at Tannadice after a match against Dundee United. May have been about 1973. Fond memories of getting chased through gardens when on away visits and managed to avoid a fight about midnight in Aberdeen after watching Hibs draw with the Dons 1-1 earlier that day.

Great experience.

I imagine you remember me, then. Gary Ferguson also remains a member of the Hibs Club and I often see him there.