PDA

View Full Version : The Special Relationship

hihohibby
09-01-2014, 01:37 AM
The Special Relationship is a phrase used to describe the exceptionally close economic and historical relations between the Heart Of Midlothian Football Club and Relegation.
The term came into being during the clubs heyday between 1977 and 1981, when it suffered 3 demotions.
It is a phrase feverishly avoided by supporters of the aforementioned institution as to avoid embarrassment and/or confusion with the special relationship they claim to enjoy with the Scottish Football Association Challenge Cup, or Scottish Cup.

RIP Bestie
09-01-2014, 03:05 AM
The Special Relationship is a phrase used to describe the exceptionally close economic and historical relations between the Heart Of Midlothian Football Club and Relegation.
The term came into being during the clubs heyday between 1977 and 1981, when it suffered 3 demotions.
It is a phrase feverishly avoided by supporters of the aforementioned institution as to avoid embarrassment and/or confusion with the special relationship they claim to enjoy with the Scottish Football Association Challenge Cup, or Scottish Cup, which they have won, some critics say by dubious means, on two occasions in the last half century. These two trophies being the only silverware won in the same half century.

Unfortunately they have won it 3 times in that time. Dubious circumstances or not

hihohibby
09-01-2014, 03:16 AM
Unfortunately they have won it 3 times in that time. Dubious circumstances or not
oops...rectified.:aok:

3pm
09-01-2014, 06:26 AM
You'll be able to add in the Ramsden's Cup next year.

Ray_
09-01-2014, 07:10 AM
It is a phrase feverishly avoided by supporters of the aforementioned institution as to avoid embarrassment and/or confusion with the special relationship they claim to enjoy with the Scottish Football Association Challenge Cup, or Scottish Cup.

I thought they went down twice in that time & the only difference between them and us since the seventies is that they took two seasons to get up on one of the occasions they were relegated.

green.oracle
09-01-2014, 08:04 AM
I thought they went down twice in that time & the only difference between them and us since the seventies is that they took two seasons to get up on one of the occasions they were relegated.

This is what the deluded merricks from gorgie way claim.

However I can assure you they were relegated 3 times, 76/77, 78/79 and 80/81. They failed to get promoted 81/2 thus spending 4 seasons out of 6 in the then first division. They were up and down like a pair of whore's knickers until the elastic burst 81/2.

Altogether now, we'll meet again dont know where dont know when.................

:tbgwa::tbgwa::flag::flag:

GreenLake
09-01-2014, 08:28 AM

However I can assure you they were relegated 3 times, 76/77, 78/79 and 80/81. They failed to get promoted 81/2 thus spending 4 seasons out of 6 in the then first division. They were up and down like a pair of whore's knickers until the elastic burst 81/2.

Altogether now, we'll meet again dont know where dont know when.................

I remember Hibs fans singing:

Your going down again, like you did last summer
Your going down again, like you did last year
Up and down and up and down you go again
Your going down again, like you did last year

hihohibby
09-01-2014, 02:20 PM

Ditto