PDA

View Full Version : Christian Nade to Dundee?

andrew_dundee
08-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Nade's back! I'm struggling to think of a worse striker in the history of the game. Sounds like Bomber Brown is serious though.

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-fc/ex-hearts-striker-nade-in-frame-for-dundee-deal-1.173461

Hibercelona
08-01-2014, 11:47 PM
Reading the comments at the bottom of the article, those poor Dundee fans have no idea whats it store for them...

hfc rd
08-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Has Bomber ever seen him play? They don't know what's in store for them.

Sylar
08-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Nade's back! I'm struggling to think of a worse striker in the history of the game. Sounds like Bomber Brown is serious though.

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-fc/ex-hearts-striker-nade-in-frame-for-dundee-deal-1.173461

Filip Sebo would give him a run for his money :agree:

lord bunberry
08-01-2014, 11:55 PM
Reading the comments at the bottom of the article, those poor Dundee fans have no idea whats it store for them...

There will be nothing left in the store once christian has finished.

ballengeich
08-01-2014, 11:56 PM
He was lined up for East Fife earlier this season, but he couldn't achieve their fitness requirements. Put money on Hamilton for promotion if this goes ahead.

GordonR
08-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Jings and crivvens. We could be looking at a second Tay Bridge Disaster collapse if the trains are going to be taking him over the river on a regular basis.

RIP Bestie
09-01-2014, 02:11 AM
Jings and crivvens. We could be looking at a second Tay Bridge Disaster collapse if the trains are going to be taking him over the river on a regular basis.
Scotrail coodnay carry coodnay carry Nade
scotrail and the Tay Bridge coodnay carry Nade.
Where's ma coat?

California-Hibs
09-01-2014, 04:20 AM
'And it looks as though he sees the burly frame of French-born Nade as the ideal man to fill the void.'

That's kindly put by the writer!

Jack Ferrigan
09-01-2014, 05:44 AM
Did I read that Dundee were "weighing their options".
Do they still make make marmalade in Dundee?

whiskyhibby
09-01-2014, 06:05 AM
'And it looks as though he sees the burly frame of French-born Nade as the ideal man to fill the void.'

That's kindly put by the writer!

I hear Nade will be used as a goalkeeper/block

Jack
09-01-2014, 06:16 AM
Did I read that Dundee were "weighing their options".
Do they still make make marmalade in Dundee?

Dundee CAKE :-)

Craig_in_Prague
09-01-2014, 07:27 AM
Now that is one Huge signing.

Jack Ferrigan
09-01-2014, 07:31 AM
Dundee CAKE :-)

I believe bomber brown is trying to improve the balance of the team

bus!!!

lyonhibs
09-01-2014, 07:38 AM
He is and was a fat *******, but still managed to score twice against us. When he could be arsed I think he was pretty decent, but when not he was like a big sweating maroon tent of no use whatsoever - which was most of the time.

Those proclaiming him the worst striker in the history of football are a wee way off though, IMO.

DanHFC1875
09-01-2014, 08:03 AM

I hope not!!!, but I fear you may well be correct. :violin:

DanHFC1875
09-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Scotrail coodnay carry coodnay carry Nade
scotrail and the Tay Bridge coodnay carry Nade.
Where's ma coat?

:top marksfor pish remix

Hibercelona
09-01-2014, 08:28 AM
He is and was a fat *******, but still managed to score twice against us. When he could be arsed I think he was pretty decent, but when not he was like a big sweating maroon tent of no use whatsoever - which was most of the time.

Those proclaiming him the worst striker in the history of football are a wee way off though, IMO.

:agree:

We've signed several strikers over the last decade that are worse than Nade. :tin hat:

DanHFC1875
09-01-2014, 08:34 AM

We've signed several strikers over the last decade that are worse than Nade. :tin hat:

Hurtardo! :'(

matty_f
09-01-2014, 08:37 AM
Nade is pish. I think there's a thread about that somewhere.

SlickShoes
09-01-2014, 08:39 AM
"Striker" hahahahahaha

AK86
09-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Nade was Ronaldo compared to Kuqi, everyday of the year.
why oh why did hibs fans put up with that diddy Fenlon for so long?
He was so obviously a complete and utter useless waste of time and money.

hibby rae
09-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Nade was Ronaldo compared to Kuqi, everyday of the year.
why oh why did hibs fans put up with that diddy Fenlon for so long?
He was so obviously a complete and utter useless waste of time and money.

:yawn: Is there really any need to turn this into another Fenlon bashing thread? And Kuqi was on a fraction of what the Yams were paying for Nade.

hibby rae
09-01-2014, 08:57 AM

I'd say though in the last decade Deek, Gaz, Fletch, Stokes and Sparky have all been better than any striker they've had.

AK86
09-01-2014, 09:14 AM
:yawn: Is there really any need to turn this into another Fenlon bashing thread? And Kuqi was on a fraction of what the Yams were paying for Nade.
The OP simply stated Nade was the worst striker in Scottish football for years, I was just pointing out that it was an exaggeration .
pretending Fenlon didn't happen and ignoring the fact that a huge amount of Hibs fans refused to accept he was damaging our club, is counter productive.
we must never let it happen again, and reminding ourselves how far we slid, might help preventing it from happening again.

i care a lot more about what happens to us than what Christian f£££££n Nade is up to.

Stax
09-01-2014, 09:19 AM
:nade: Couldnay carry nade

hibby rae
09-01-2014, 09:27 AM
The OP simply stated Nade was the worst striker in Scottish football for years, I was just pointing out that it was an exaggeration .
pretending Fenlon didn't happen and ignoring the fact that a huge amount of Hibs fans refused to accept he was damaging our club, is counter productive.
we must never let it happen again, and reminding ourselves how far we slid, might help preventing it from happening again.

i care a lot more about what happens to us than what Christian f£££££n Nade is up to.

I would argue that his predecessors were more damaging and if nothing else he left a good squad ( although still needing some additions)for Butcher to push on with, he just didn't utilise them correctly. A fact shown by the recent performances Butcher has been able to get out of the players.

jacomo
09-01-2014, 09:32 AM

Nade actually has something about him, technically better than many strikers in our League, never mind the Championship. But he wasn't fit enough at Hearts.

scuttle
09-01-2014, 10:17 AM

Rowan Vine anyone?

The Sea-gull
09-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Nade is not the worst striker to have ever played in the SPL. I bet every club has had a striker who has been worse than him. I find it a wee bit embarrassing how bad we make him out to be when, as pointed out, he still managed to score 2 against us!

What he is though is possibly one of the worst pound for pound strikers (money and weight!) there has been given the amount of time he spent there and his output or lack of it. What is comical is he was there for three years and in that time they never really had anyone better coz they were stuck with him coz of the wages he was on and they couldn't afford to pay anyone else. He was their main striker!!!!

Agree with the person who said we have had worse stikers than Nade in this time though at least we never stuck with any of ours for three years at about 10k a week! Also agree with the person who said that Hearts have not had a striker as good as Deeks, Gaz, Fletch, Stokes or Griffiths in the last decade. I'd also say they haven't had anyone as good as Killen who, for the calendar year 2006 at least, was as prolific a striker as most teams have had in the last 10 years or so.

cabbageandribs1875
09-01-2014, 11:22 AM
is Dundee big enough for Nade, the city itself i mean, not the club

lord bunberry
09-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Nade is not the worst striker to have ever played in the SPL. I bet every club has had a striker who has been worse than him. I find it a wee bit embarrassing how bad we make him out to be when, as pointed out, he still managed to score 2 against us!

What he is though is possibly one of the worst pound for pound strikers (money and weight!) there has been given the amount of time he spent there and his output or lack of it. What is comical is he was there for three years and in that time they never really had anyone better coz they were stuck with him coz of the wages he was on and they couldn't afford to pay anyone else. He was their main striker!!!!

Agree with the person who said we have had worse stikers than Nade in this time though at least we never stuck with any of ours for three years at about 10k a week! Also agree with the person who said that Hearts have not had a striker as good as Deeks, Gaz, Fletch, Stokes or Griffiths in the last decade. I'd also say they haven't had anyone as good as Killen who, for the calendar year 2006 at least, was as prolific a striker as most teams have had in the last 10 years or so.

I think he possibly is the worse striker ever to play in the spl, scoring twice against us doesn't make him any better or worse. He is a striker who is 29 years old and has scored less goals in his whole career than leigh griffiths scored in one season. Maybe he isn't the worse player ever to play in the spl but I would say he must be up there with the poorest strikers in spl history.

AK86
09-01-2014, 05:20 PM
I would argue that his predecessors were more damaging and if nothing else he left a good squad ( although still needing some additions)for Butcher to push on with, he just didn't utilise them correctly. A fact shown by the recent performances Butcher has been able to get out of the players.
He was the man in charge during 4 , yes FOUR, of the most embarrassing results in our history. Now that is some feat. Terry butcher has improved us DESPITE the squad Fenlon has left us. TB has already stated 4 of his signings can go for free. What does that tell you. There won't be many Fenlon signings left after the summer either. Open your eyes man and stop defending the indefensible, it's making you sound daft.
did you actually watch any games under Fenlon? What did you think? Organised ? Skilled? Well drilled? Fit? Come on, think about it. The guy was a nightmare.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-01-2014, 05:28 PM
He will tuck away his fair share of peh-nalties....

Bishop Hibee
09-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Are they signing Ngoo to play alongside him? Comedy gold if they get promoted and Nade plays for Hundee against us next season.

Itsnoteasy
10-01-2014, 01:06 AM

Michael Ngoo Michael Ngoo he's worse than Nade he's Michael Ngoo. Sung this at Tynie thought it was hilarious

Itsnoteasy
10-01-2014, 01:08 AM
He was the man in charge during 4 , yes FOUR, of the most embarrassing results in our history. Now that is some feat. Terry butcher has improved us DESPITE the squad Fenlon has left us. TB has already stated 4 of his signings can go for free. What does that tell you. There won't be many Fenlon signings left after the summer either. Open your eyes man and stop defending the indefensible, it's making you sound daft.
did you actually watch any games under Fenlon? What did you think? Organised ? Skilled? Well drilled? Fit? Come on, think about it. The guy was a nightmare.

Totally agree

hibby rae
10-01-2014, 12:23 PM

Fwiw you're quite insulting there and there's absolutely no need for it. Yes, I am a season ticket holder and if you look at my last post I didn't defend him on results, organisation etc. But yes I do believe he left a good squad, and I'm not alone in this opinion, although others believe the opposite and that's fine. One thing I will say though is that Butcher has stated on several occasions although he will bring in new players he doesn't see a need to make drastic changes, that tells me he's happy with the bulk of what Fenlon brought in or broke into the first team. Furthermore, I remember speaking to Pat Nevin and he also believed we had a decent squad of players, it was the way things were done that was the problem not the men carrying out the task, I place a lot of stock in his opinion. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this and that's ok with me.

Greentinted
10-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Any excuse to dig this oot...