PDA

View Full Version : Hibs without Hearts ?

Onion
08-01-2014, 01:15 PM
What can Hibs and the Hibs Board do over the next 2 or 3 years to really make the most of Hearts' demise ?

Yes, we'll lose some derby income, but there will be new opportunities as the ONLY decent and honest football club in the Capital.

Kyle A
08-01-2014, 01:26 PM
What can Hibs and the Hibs Board do over the next 2 or 3 years to really make the most of Hearts' demise ?

Yes, we'll lose some derby income, but there will be new opportunities as the ONLY decent and honest football club in the Capital.

Nothing. Without a strong Hertz it will be armageddon.

ARMAGEDDON!!

Aldo
08-01-2014, 01:29 PM
What can Hibs and the Hibs Board do over the next 2 or 3 years to really make the most of Hearts' demise ? Yes, we'll lose some derby income, but there will be new opportunities as the ONLY decent and honest football club in the Capital.

Tbh I want them liquidated and want them down and out for more than 2 or 3 years.

If we get a winning team the crowds will return so that for me will be more than enough (to start with anyway)

Aldo
08-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Nothing. Without a strong Hertz it will be armageddon. ARMAGEDDON!!

Really?? Liquidated the only way forward for me?

Saorsa
08-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Really?? Liquidated the only way forward for me?:greengrin

http://i44.tinypic.com/10561vk.gif

GreenLake
08-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Look for a legitimate multi-billionaire who loves the colour green and beautiful old cities. Spend Abramovich amounts of his money on building a Man City, PSG type team and win the Champions League with a squad of 70 players. Build triple tier stands around ER to fill the stadium with new converts from the 400K former hearts supporters. Gift EM to Meadowbank Thistle and build a state of the art training facility with retracting roofed outdoor pitch. Have five world cup stars on the bench at each game.

PatHead
08-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Corporate hospitality should get a boost as firms don't have to worry about upsetting potential customers with ONLY ONE REAL TEAM IN THE CITY (apologies to Spartans and Edinburgh City etc.)

Aldo
08-01-2014, 01:40 PM
:greengrin

:-D

Craig_in_Prague
08-01-2014, 01:44 PM
We could have lifted the SC in 2006 & 2012, if it weren't for their cheating.
and, many many years of lower league positions, due to their, cheating.

So, by just going along as we are, we should be able to achieve more sucess in higher league placings and better cup runs (wins).

Die, you cheats. Just die.
Won't be missed.

Saorsa
08-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Hibs will be fine, I couldnae give a toss about h****s, they are nae longer our rivals. :agree: I'll still laugh at them from above though. :agree:

cheats must pay the penalty :agree:

Aldo
08-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Hibs will be fine, I couldnae give a toss about h****s, they are nae longer our rivals. :agree: I'll still laugh at them from above though. :agree: cheats must pay the penalty :agree:

This 100%

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2014, 01:49 PM
We'll probably never survive without Hearts. Their honesty, their integrity, their strong moral grounding, are examples we can only try to aspire to.

We'll probably never survive without Hearts. But I'm prepared to grit my teeth and give it shot. Anybody else?

LIQUIDATE THE MUPPETS!!!! :faf::faf:

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-01-2014, 01:50 PM
One team city, Wallace was right, its the way forward.

Aldo
08-01-2014, 01:52 PM
One team city, Wallace was right, its the way forward.

He sure did.

leggeto
08-01-2014, 01:53 PM
How the mighty have fallen I will be raising a glass as they go down

Ozyhibby
08-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Think we'll be just fine so long as the Germans don't get the expansion bug again. Heaven help us if that happens in a post Hearts world.

SlickShoes
08-01-2014, 01:55 PM
If Hearts don't come back up within two seasons I can see Hibs relegated and penniless within the next 5. We need the local rivalry, without that we have almost no chance of winning anything other than the League Cup every now and then.

:cb:flag::cb Not really, I hope they are gone forever.

leggeto
08-01-2014, 01:56 PM
He sure did.

he will be turning in his grave when he finds out the colours are green & white

Hibercelona
08-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Forget about Hibs. With all the social unrest that will be generated due to the demise of HMFC, expect a world wide apocalypse!

They may ever threaten to boycott WW3. Then who will save us from inevitable doom? :boo hoo:

Aldo
08-01-2014, 02:04 PM
he will be turning in his grave when he finds out the colours are green & white

That suits me down to an absolute T.

wazoo1875
08-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Think we'll be just fine so long as the Germans don't get the expansion bug again. Heaven help us if that happens in a post Hearts world.

I laughed pretty hard at this. Top post :top marks

Keith_M
08-01-2014, 03:59 PM

I live in Krautland and I can assure you that Hearts imminent demise is the sole topic of conversation. Even now they are building up their armed forces to get revenge for the last defeat at the hands of our glorious heroes in Maroon.

There was an interview in the Bild newspaper at the weekend where Angela Merkel was discussing how they were cheated out of two world wars, as Hearts had fielded regiments they obviously couldn't afford. She wants to see justice done and, believe me, our Angela doesn't mess about...just ask the Greeks!

Jack
08-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Hibs will be the capitals Premier professional club next season.

Soon to become the only professional club in the city.

Not long after that kids will be asking 'Whats a Hearts Dad?'

CapitalHibs
08-01-2014, 04:19 PM
I live in Krautland and I can assure you that Hearts imminent demise is the sole topic of conversation. Even now they are building up their armed forces to get revenge for the last defeat at the hands of our glorious heroes in Maroon.

There was an interview in the Bild newspaper at the weekend where Angela Merkel was discussing how they were cheated out of two world wars, as Hearts had fielded regiments they obviously couldn't afford. She wants to see justice done and, believe me, our Angela doesn't mess about...just ask the Greeks!

:faf:

hibbymark
08-01-2014, 04:19 PM
I will honestly miss that feeling that you only wake up with on derby day tbh. Nights under the lights at easter road and that special once in a blue moon feeling when we win at the wonga dome. I want them down in the lower leagues suffering for years as much as the next man but wonder when we will see over 16000 Hibs fans at Easter rd again soon.

weonlywon6-2
08-01-2014, 04:55 PM
We will still draw them in the cups so not to much tp worry about.

One city,One team:aok::flag:

Ozyhibby
08-01-2014, 05:11 PM
I will honestly miss that feeling that you only wake up with on derby day tbh. Nights under the lights at easter road and that special once in a blue moon feeling when we win at the wonga dome. I want them down in the lower leagues suffering for years as much as the next man but wonder when we will see over 16000 Hibs fans at Easter rd again soon.

When all the Yams kids decide they want to go watch football with their mates and we are the only show in town. And they'll be there every week.
The dad will have a moan but will be told that stories about 5-1 just ain't cutting it when it comes to entertaining a young lad on a Saturday afternoon.
Only then will he realise his generation ballsed it up big time.
:-)

NAE NOOKIE
08-01-2014, 05:36 PM
There will be a one season hit in financial terms thats certain, we dont even get 20,000 against Celtc. With the The Rangers entering the Premiership the following season that should be fixed ... unless their fans boycott ER of course .. they seem to still think we had something to do with the demise of a club which used to play in Scotland called Rangers .. though what that has to do with them I have no idea.

If the Yams fail to make it back to the Premiership within two seasons I can see Hibs beginning to benefit through being the more attractive choice for youngsters getting into football fanship. But I have a feeling that the league will be expanded within that time to 14 clubs.

Controversial bit alert ..........

All joking aside. I for one will be glad when Scottish Football has put all of this stuff behind it, the Yams have served their time in the lower leagues and the club which replaced Rangers are in the Premiership which by that time will have 14 teams.

It would be nice to have a new years day fixture list like this:

Hibs v Hearts
Celtic v The Rangers
Dundee v Dundee United
ICT v Ross County
St Mirren v Morton
St Johnstone v Aberdeen
Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle

CapitalHibs
08-01-2014, 05:42 PM
We will still draw them in the cups so not to much tp worry about.

One city,One team:aok::flag:

East of Scotland Shield?

Geo_1875
08-01-2014, 05:50 PM
There will be a one season hit in financial terms thats certain, we dont even get 20,000 against Celtc. With the The Rangers entering the Premiership the following season that should be fixed ... unless their fans boycott ER of course .. they seem to still think we had something to do with the demise of a club which used to play in Scotland called Rangers .. though what that has to do with them I have no idea.

If the Yams fail to make it back to the Premiership within two seasons I can see Hibs beginning to benefit through being the more attractive choice for youngsters getting into football fanship. But I have a feeling that the league will be expanded within that time to 14 clubs.

Controversial bit alert ..........

All joking aside. I for one will be glad when Scottish Football has put all of this stuff behind it, the Yams have served their time in the lower leagues and the club which replaced Rangers are in the Premiership which by that time will have 14 teams.

It would be nice to have a new years day fixture list like this:

Hibs v Hearts
Celtic v The Rangers
Dundee v Dundee United
ICT v Ross County
St Mirren v Morton
St Johnstone v Aberdeen
Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle

To be honest I'd rather play Dunfermline on New years day. They,ve accepted their punishment and their pies are edible. Their manager's still a **** though.

Dibben
08-01-2014, 05:53 PM
I've had Hearts fans say to me numerous times recently thrall ALL the Hibbys they know don't want them relegated and that they'll miss them.

My reply was- well, not every Hibby you know...

I don't know any Hibbies who will miss them!

Hiber-nation
08-01-2014, 06:22 PM
If they come back up I want us to play them 3 times a season and beat them every time by as many goals as possible, then hopefully they get relegated, come back and we do it all over again. There's no feeling like winning a Derby.

Sir David Gray
08-01-2014, 06:37 PM
I've had Hearts fans say to me numerous times recently thrall ALL the Hibbys they know don't want them relegated and that they'll miss them.

My reply was- well, not every Hibby you know...

I don't know any Hibbies who will miss them!

Don't get me wrong, I do want them to be punished and don't feel sorry for them in the slightest.

They're paying the price for financial doping over many years and they have to face the consequences for that. They were happy enough to enjoy the good times and enjoy all the good players who were playing for them, whilst other clubs cut their cloth accordingly and spent within their means.

However I think back to last Thursday night and seeing Easter Road filled to the rafters and experiencing the celebrations when Liam Craig tucked away that penalty and also when we sang Sunshine On Leith at full time.

Nothing (and I mean NOTHING) comes close to the feeling you get when you win an Edinburgh derby. They are few and far between for us and I was absolutely buzzing coming out of the ground last Thursday.

Beating St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Ross County next season won't really be the same for me.

eastterrace
08-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Don't get me wrong, I do want them to be punished and don't feel sorry for them in the slightest.

They're paying the price for financial doping over many years and they have to face the consequences for that. They were happy enough to enjoy the good times and enjoy all the good players who were playing for them, whilst other clubs cut their cloth accordingly and spent within their means.

However I think back to last Thursday night and seeing Easter Road filled to the rafters and experiencing the celebrations when Liam Craig tucked away that penalty and also when we sang Sunshine On Leith at full time.

Nothing (and I mean NOTHING) comes close to the feeling you get when you win an Edinburgh derby. They are few and far between for us and I was absolutely buzzing coming out of the ground last Thursday.

Beating St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Ross County next season won't really be the same for me.
at least we will be beating these teams next season not like the fenlon years. also we only won one derby in about every 5 so there were more downs than ups.

SouthamptonHibs
08-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Hopefully with Butcher in charge we are in for a right few good seasons, top 2/3 cup finals and Europe, with Hearts and The Rangers out the league it's the minimum we should achieve under good leadership. Hibs fans will need to keep putting there money into the club and attending the games, what we don't want is what's happened to Celtic, with there ugly sister out the league Parkheid has been less than half full at times, confident we will be ok going forward, exciting times hail hail

NAE NOOKIE
08-01-2014, 06:55 PM
To be honest I'd rather play Dunfermline on New years day. They,ve accepted their punishment and their pies are edible. Their manager's still a **** though.

Really?

I want us to play the team I hate above all others ... I want to see bile and passion in the stands and blood & guts on the pitch I want to feel like I did on Thursday night ..... Its the biggest high in football and the worst low if you lose.

I want the Yams to suck up every last drip of their richly deserved punishment in the full and certain knowledge that when they eventually do come back the will be just as deluded and full of themselves as they were when they went away, which will make beating them just as sweet as it ever was.

Ozyhibby
08-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Really?

I want us to play the team I hate above all others ... I want to see bile and passion in the stands and blood & guts on the pitch I want to feel like I did on Thursday night ..... Its the biggest high in football and the worst low if you lose.

I want the Yams to suck up every last drip of their richly deserved punishment in the full and certain knowledge that when they eventually do come back the will be just as deluded and full of themselves as they were when they went away, which will make beating them just as sweet as it ever was.

A nomadic newco is your best bet for that.
Yamco playing in front 4000 fans in Livingston will cripple them forever.
No home, No history and no money to buy land and build a stadium. They'll be like Dundee, flitting up and down the leagues. Splendid.

AndyM_1875
08-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Really?

This.

I want to play them. I want to beat them.

As the Shield is now an u17 thing we can't use that. So why not play them in a pre-season game game whilst we're prepping up for the new season in 2014/2015? Nothing should focus the players minds more than 90 minutes of Derby blood & thunder. They're in the Championship, we can take the piss.

Blocks Biloxi
08-01-2014, 07:35 PM
look for a legitimate multi-billionaire who loves the colour green and beautiful old cities. Spend abramovich amounts of his money on building a man city, psg type team and win the champions league with a squad of 70 players. Build triple tier stands around er to fill the stadium with new converts from the 400k former hearts supporters. Gift em to meadowbank thistle and build a state of the art training facility with retracting roofed outdoor pitch. Have five world cup stars on the bench at each game.

ltyf

Geo_1875
08-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Really?

I'd quite happily accept never seeing another derby if it meant they were gone for good.

hfc rd
08-01-2014, 08:01 PM
I think we'll be fine.

Just wondering who will now become our new rivals for the next 2-3 years that we love to play against and feels very good when we beat them?

Aberdeen? Motherwell? Dundee United?

Sir David Gray
08-01-2014, 08:04 PM
I think we'll be fine.

Just wondering who will now become our new rivals for the next 2-3 years that we love to play against and feels very good when we beat them?

Aberdeen? Motherwell? Dundee United?

Probably Aberdeen, since they're a similar sized club with similar ambitions on the pitch.

Beating them won't give me anywhere near the level of satisfaction as beating Hearts though.

rcarter1
08-01-2014, 08:26 PM

this. I look forward in a few years to a rebuilt (but undoped) Hearts, and hope we can use the next couple of years to build into a position of strength.

Alfred E Newman
08-01-2014, 08:30 PM
I'd quite happily accept never seeing another derby if it meant they were gone for good.

Can't believe you mean that.
No other fixture on the card will generate the atmosphere created last Thursday. Much as I am enjoying seeing them toil, I for one will miss the elation when we beat them even if their cheating has made our life a misery in recent times.
I am fortunate to have experienced the joy of dominating the fixture over a period of 15 years in the 60's and 70's and there is nothing better.
We are now set up to repeat the dose.

Craig_in_Prague
08-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Would happily never see that bogging strip face us ever again.
They deid yet?

Hibernia Na Eir
08-01-2014, 09:02 PM
personally, I couldn't give a Donald Duck what happens without that lot in the top flight.

See ya :-)

Paisley Hibby
08-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Really?

Spot on mate :aok:

eastterrace
09-01-2014, 10:52 AM
This.

I want to play them. I want to beat them.

As the Shield is now an u17 thing we can't use that. So why not play them in a pre-season game game whilst we're prepping up for the new season in 2014/2015? Nothing should focus the players minds more than 90 minutes of Derby blood & thunder. They're in the Championship, we can take the piss.

what would happen if they beat us in this so called friendly ( which use to happen back in the 70 , they played full strength team and we played a few reserves), naw not for me let them get on with it.

heretoday
09-01-2014, 11:03 AM
If they come back up I want us to play them 3 times a season and beat them every time by as many goals as possible, then hopefully they get relegated, come back and we do it all over again. There's no feeling like winning a Derby.

That sounds sensible to me. We'll never get revenge for 5-1 unless they get back up again. We have to silence their taunts on the football field. Anyway, some Hearts fans are good folk and shouldn't lose their team.

Gabriel1875
09-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Two less category A games a season, therefore season ticket prices should be reduced accordingly. Couple that with a continuing upward trajectory (touch wood) and there will hopefully be a significant increase in season ticket numbers. As things stand I would suggest that Aberdeen and Motherwell are a few steps ahead of us but there is no reason, come August, why Hibs cannot be mounting a serious challenge for second place and fans should/will back this.

PatHead
09-01-2014, 01:13 PM
That sounds sensible to me. We'll never get revenge for 5-1 unless they get back up again. We have to silence their taunts on the football field. Anyway, some Hearts fans are good folk and shouldn't lose their team.

Think what is happening to Hear7s just now shows what a hollow victory that was. It might even concentrate their minds that it wasn't worth it. Would quite happily see them die and Spartans get their place in the league. Eventually we could have derbies against Spartans. Not fussy about "revenge". They cheated pure and simple and I was always taught to believe cheats never prosper. Don't forget they were the club that died that day,

If they somehow do survive and they become our bitch all we will hear is that it is because we are cheating by having a bigger budget. It might even feel like a hollow victory or become boring after a few years.

As Desperate Dan might say **** them. Sooner they die the better.

Geo_1875
09-01-2014, 02:27 PM

**** them, they can watch FCHM in theEast Seniors league at Ainslie Park.