PDA

View Full Version : Yams The IT'S ALL VLADS FAULT Lie

MB62
08-01-2014, 09:47 AM
With apologies to Jiggerman, I just feel this needs to be cleared up given the media coverage today in particular.
The D.R. has an article today (by Gordon Wallace I think) pleading for sympathy for the Yams. Then I pick up the freebie Edinburgh Today that is supplied with the rag and in it a story from ex Yam goalie Rousset blaming everything on Vlad and asking for leniency.

Firstly, when Vlad took over that club, they were C£25m in debt and looking to sell their ground to Cala homes to clear it off. Nobody else was interested in touching them and despite other Scottish clubs bumping the Mad Man, the Yams bit both his arms off, so to speak.
So before Vlad took control of them, they were ALREADY IN MASSIVE DEBT and about to LOSE THEIR GROUND, that was NOTHING TO DO WITH VLAD and was entirely down to previous owners.
He certainly went on to spend fortunes on players salaries that a club the size of the Yams just could not afford, Rousset being one of them, didn't hear him protest about Vlad at that point.

From day one even a blind man could see that this could only end in eventual tears but they kept on spending and their moron fans kept lapping it up, especially against ourselves.

Now the tears are being shed and the sympathy vote is getting aired in public, helped by the Scottish media. Helping the Yams on the playing front now is detrimental to every other team playing in that league. We didn't ask the SFA if they could give us money so we could sign better players to help us compete with them when they spending £15,000 a week on the like of Kingston et al. They lapped up their good times and now not surprisingly have to pay for it. There should be NO SYMPATHY for them, unless of course they want to hand back all the cash made from qualifying for Europe due to their overspend and the cups they won at other clubs expense, but apparently, according to their moron fans, it was all worth it.
That being the case, GIRUY and there should be no sympathy for anybody at that place from anyone.

Admins, if you want to amalgamate this in to another thread, that's fine, just venting more frustration at the media comments of today.

greenlex
08-01-2014, 09:53 AM
This

GodisaHibee
08-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Spot on. When I read the Daily Rangers article (on here; wouldn't give them the steam aff ma p**h tae buy it), I was thinking EXACTLY the same about the debt they had BEFORE Romanov.

Saorsa
08-01-2014, 09:58 AM
:agree:

They been spending money they didnae have for a lot longer than the submariner was involved. They've been over spending with other peoples money for the last 30 odd years and just passing the debt from one roaster tae another. Now it's time tae pay the piper. They think it was worth it, now they're getting their comeuppance.

#FromTheCapital
08-01-2014, 10:00 AM
:top marksBrought it all on themselves through decades of overspending. Why did all these other Scottish clubs knock vlad back? Because they knew he was a crook. Hearts decided to bend over and look at them now.
PS Rousset had left hearts long before vlad arrived, otherwise spot on :greengrin

Aldo
08-01-2014, 10:03 AM
:agree: They been spending money they didnae have for a lot longer than the submariner was involved. They've been over spending with other peoples money for the last 30 odd years and just passing the debt from one roaster tae another. Now it's time tae pay the piper. They think it was worth it, now they're getting their comeuppance.

Agreed BUT they are not happy cos a big bad man did it and ran away. Things aren't going as they want it so they are greeting bout it no being fair.

Ozyhibby
08-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Vlad cut the funding a couple of years ago. It was good Hearts men who kept up the spending.
Only two nights ago Billy Brown was saying that Gary Locke had compiled a shopping list that included Kris Boyd, David Goodwillie, David Wotherspoon etc at a time when they were still carrying £28m debt. With Hearts fans like that, who needs enemies.

leggeto
08-01-2014, 10:05 AM
No sympathy from me but was rousset not way before vlad came to town

Viva_Palmeiras
08-01-2014, 10:06 AM
But seriously who's gonna tell the truth?

The Gagged
The Riccarton 3
All the sacked managers
Fireworks Dill
Faxed back players

The Spinsters
Charlie (Gies a Break) Man
Thats All Foulkes
Foustie biscuits
Banderson
Bathgrate
MedalZ

The Crims
(too long to mention)

The Politicians
Alec
Murray
Cardrownie

The Cling-ons
Kiwi Doug
Sean Lawson. Et al

So thatll just mean Sergey has to lead enlightenment...

GodisaHibee
08-01-2014, 10:10 AM
But seriously who's gonna tell the truth?

The Gagged
The Riccarton 3
All the sacked managers
Fireworks Dill
Faxed back players

The Spinsters
Charlie (Gies a Break) Man
Thats All Foulkes
Foustie biscuits
Banderson
Bathgrate
MedalZ

The Crims
(too long to mention)

The Politicians
Alec
Murray
Cardrownie

The Cling-ons
Kiwi Doug
Sean Lawson. Et al

So thatll just mean Sergey has to lead enlightenment...

Ace!

MB62
08-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Blind men are blind, not stupid.

now edited. Took me about an hour to write that as work kept getting in the way :greengrin and I was losing where I was going :greengrin

:top marksBrought it all on themselves through decades of overspending. Why did all these other Scottish clubs knock vlad back? Because they knew he was a crook. Hearts decided to bend over and look at them now.
PS Rousset had left hearts long before vlad arrived, otherwise spot on :greengrin

oops, sorry, must have misread the article. Regardless, Rousset would have been on a healthy wage with the Yams and lends even more weight to the fact it was NOT all Vlads fault.

green is good
08-01-2014, 10:52 AM
No sympathy for the maroon balloons from me. If they had cut spending like every other non old firm club then maybe they wouldn't be in the state they currently find themselves in.

GloryGlory
08-01-2014, 10:55 AM

They been spending money they didnae have for a lot longer than the submariner was involved. They've been over spending with other peoples money for the last 30 odd years and just passing the debt from one roaster tae another. Now it's time tae pay the piper. They think it was worth it, now they're getting their comeuppance.

ISTR the Herald newspaper group "invested" a large amount in the Yams in the mid 1990s - of course, it was never paid back and they had to write it off eventually.

Jones28
08-01-2014, 11:04 AM
A very good point that seems be often ignored! Hearts were well on their way up **** creek before Vlad got a look in.

Murrayfield was beckoning, so they would have been homeless and in need of a brand new stadium. No doubt it would have been an out of town, more-livingston-than-Edinburgh job.

Would tynecastle being sold clear £25 million of debt?

08-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Do they **** deserve any sympathy! I'm sorry but throughout their many yers of cheating, they lapped it up, giving it the big un, laughing as they played "we are the big super team" whilst screwing everyone else to get it. They were quite happy to reap the cheated glory as it fuelled their pathetic, cringeworthy, deluded little fantasy of being the "big team" and couldn't give a **** who they were conning to get that.

But now suddenly they have to be responsible for their cheating (it was always gonna catch up with them eventually) they are all of a sudden giving it "aww it was all big bad vlads fault, not ours, don't punish us, we had no idea etc etc". Just because they are the most guilable bunch of supporters in history doesn't mean everyone else is, everyone knew fine well where this car crash of a club was heading but that bunch of guilable deluded morons hung on romanovs every word, believing they would ride off into the sun set with white knight vlad and be a big world dominant club.

No sympathy from me, they have cheated and lied and swindled their way to successes over the years not giving a **** who was being screwed in the process. This shambolic, grubby corrupt little organisation deserves everything try get and more!

brog
08-01-2014, 11:30 AM
It's very simple really for Yams, if they want to write off the Romanov years then give back the 2 cups they purloined in that time. Gretna vs Yams, was there ever a more disreputable major event?

Aldo
08-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Do they **** deserve any sympathy! I'm sorry but throughout their many yers of cheating, they lapped it up, giving it the big un, laughing as they played "we are the big super team" whilst screwing everyone else to get it. They were quite happy to reap the cheated glory as it fuelled their pathetic, cringeworthy, deluded little fantasy of being the "big team" and couldn't give a **** who they were conning to get that. But now suddenly they have to be responsible for their cheating (it was always gonna catch up with them eventually) they are all of a sudden giving it "aww it was all big bad vlads fault, not ours, don't punish us, we had no idea etc etc". Just because they are the most guilable bunch of supporters in history doesn't mean everyone else is, everyone knew fine well where this car crash of a club was heading but that bunch of guilable deluded morons hung on romanovs every word, believing they would ride off into the sun set with white knight vlad and be a big world dominant club. No sympathy from me, they have cheated and lied and swindled their way to successes over the years not giving a **** who was being screwed in the process. This shambolic, grubby corrupt little organisation deserves everything try get and more!

Feel better with that off your chest mate. ;-D

Spot on btw but like always they still don't get it.

I will be more than happy when they are relegated but I am waiting for the day they are liquidated so I can gloat like ****. I have a few Yam friends and out of that lot only 1 of them is a decent spud. Yip he slagged me when they won the cup but isn't one of the 1-5 and 1902 brigade.

I feel for him and his laddie as he is very well of the mismanagement of the club and is surprised they've lasted and are still a club.

That aside he knows what's coming when they are relegated/liquidated.

Kato
08-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Mercer left Hearts with £4M of debt and had invested zero in the infrastructure of the club.

What is worse is that he left them with their current mind-set - that they are a "Big Club", that over-spending is the way to go, that debt's you owe are the creditor's problem and, finally, a sense of entitlement that is far, far larger than any other group of football fans.

The roots of Hearts problems are in the 1970's, when they were on a level playing field but couldn't put a team together to save themselves, could barely buy a win against us and how they hated every minute of it. Once Mercer took the brain-washing began and the effects are there to see for everyone - a club on it's knees as the debt caught up with them and a mind-set which imagines £10M "war-chests" are just plucked from nowhere and no-one actually has to pick up the tab.

Roasters, but roasters manufactured via decades of mismanagement and an acute inability to perceive their true place in the world.

Aldo
08-01-2014, 11:34 AM
It's very simple really for Yams, if they want to write off the Romanov years then give back the 2 cups they purloined in that time. Gretna vs Yams, was there ever a more disreputable major event?

Even worse was the signing of Beattie when it was clear wages hadn't been paid yet they still brought him in..... Scoring winning penalty against Smellic in the semi final.

This is another main reason they want the embargo lifted cos they know without a few more experienced/better players they will get beaten.

GREEN WARLORD
08-01-2014, 11:35 AM
For over 30 years, the Yam playing staff and coaching staff have been taking the "Fools Gold". Now that it's come back to haunt them, they all want leniency and blame BigBadVlad. Leniency, haud on the noo....................eh, nah!!!!!!

MB62
08-01-2014, 11:35 AM
A very good point that seems be often ignored! Hearts were well on their way up **** creek before Vlad got a look in.

Murrayfield was beckoning, so they would have been homeless and in need of a brand new stadium. No doubt it would have been an out of town, more-livingston-than-Edinburgh job.

No, from memory (which is useless these days) they were offered £22m so they would still have been in debt and not had a stadium.

The fact Rousset played before the Vlad era means he should know better that it was not all Vlads fault as he was part of the pre-Vlad debt.
All this 'let's blame Johnny foreigner' because he has done a runner and nobody knows where he is, then plead for sympathy from everybody, particularly the SFA & SPFL, is a total smokescreen for decades of financial suicide which Rousset was happy to play his part in.
This great club that he mentions, would he even had given them a second glance if they had been offering C£500pw? which would have been more in keeping with sustainable finances.

08-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Feel better with that off your chest mate. ;-D

Spot on btw but like always they still don't get it.

I will be more than happy when they are relegated but I am waiting for the day they are liquidated so I can gloat like ****. I have a few Yam friends and out of that lot only 1 of them is a decent spud. Yip he slagged me when they won the cup but isn't one of the 1-5 and 1902 brigade.

I feel for him and his laddie as he is very well of the mismanagement of the club and is surprised they've lasted and are still a club.

That aside he knows what's coming when they are relegated/liquidated.

Haha yes very therapeutic I must say ;)

inglisavhibs
08-01-2014, 11:42 AM

I think their debt was nearer £19m at the time but the point is still valid. Journalists are useless and none of them can do the homework required to write a proper analysis.

Aldo
08-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Haha yes very therapeutic I must say ;)

Better just venting it. I enjoyed it. :-D

Hibercelona
08-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Hearts are like a pleading man with the rope around his neck, seconds before the lever gets pulled.

He frantically protests his innocence to the public, but everybody in the crowd knows that he's guilty, because every single person seen him doing it with their own eyes.

Needless to say, the lever gets pulled and the world is now a better place because of it.

Spike Mandela
08-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Ewan Murray jambo trumpet from Guardian in different days...........

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/aug/02/hearts-jim-jefferies-vladimir-romanov

Changed his tune now the twat!

Onceinawhile
08-01-2014, 12:07 PM
just a point. Rousett was involved with hearts way before Romanov.

Saorsa
08-01-2014, 12:11 PM
just a point. Rousett was involved with hearts way before Romanov.Just a point that's already been made. :wink:

lyonhibs
08-01-2014, 12:16 PM
With apologies to Jiggerman, I just feel this needs to be cleared up given the media coverage today in particular.
The D.R. has an article today (by Gordon Wallace I think) pleading for sympathy for the Yams. Then I pick up the freebie Edinburgh Today that is supplied with the rag and in it a story from ex Yam goalie Rousset blaming everything on Vlad and asking for leniency.

Firstly, when Vlad took over that club, they were C£25m in debt and looking to sell their ground to Cala homes to clear it off. Nobody else was interested in touching them and despite other Scottish clubs bumping the Mad Man, the Yams bit both his arms off, so to speak.
So before Vlad took control of them, they were ALREADY IN MASSIVE DEBT and about to LOSE THEIR GROUND, that was NOTHING TO DO WITH VLAD and was entirely down to previous owners.
He certainly went on to spend fortunes on players salaries that a club the size of the Yams just could not afford, Rousset being one of them, didn't hear him protest about Vlad at that point.

From day one even a blind man could see that this could only end in eventual tears but they kept on spending and their moron fans kept lapping it up, especially against ourselves.

Now the tears are being shed and the sympathy vote is getting aired in public, helped by the Scottish media. Helping the Yams on the playing front now is detrimental to every other team playing in that league. We didn't ask the SFA if they could give us money so we could sign better players to help us compete with them when they spending £15,000 a week on the like of Kingston et al. They lapped up their good times and now not surprisingly have to pay for it. There should be NO SYMPATHY for them, unless of course they want to hand back all the cash made from qualifying for Europe due to their overspend and the cups they won at other clubs expense, but apparently, according to their moron fans, it was all worth it.
That being the case, GIRUY and there should be no sympathy for anybody at that place from anyone.

Admins, if you want to amalgamate this in to another thread, that's fine, just venting more frustration at the media comments of today.

All bang on the money, apart from the slight confusion over when Rousset played for Hearts.

It's just a shame the Hearts fans of the past 6 years don't have the same resourcefulness and determination as that brave, brave chap that stayed in his tent in the Gorgie car park for months until Robinson finally left. Made me proud, so very proud I fair nearly drowned the exiled bank robbers in their Bulgarian condo next door.

That's what happened back then isn't it?? Brave, proud Hearts fans resolves to camp out for as long as it takes and sticks it out to the bitter end?? Would have been awfy embarrassing if he'd lasted about 2 nights before deciding it was a bit cold.

Anyway, I digress. Vlad just sort of delayed the inevitable from the mess that Robinson left with a few Russian hats, monkey rants and - yes - 2 Scottish Cups thrown into the bargain.

All worth it thought, innit. 5-1, Wee Teamers, Docksiders and so on and so forth.

MB62
08-01-2014, 12:30 PM

I need to correct myself here and say that the Yams debt was nearer £18m than the £25m I mentioned. It is still an unmanageable debt for a club of that size and forced the pie man in to trying to sell the crown jewels to get them out of the trouble they were in.
My original point stands though, the Yams were in deep debt before Vlad got anywhere near them and it's not ALL his fault.

Onion
08-01-2014, 12:53 PM

Timely reminder, and well said :agree:

Onion
08-01-2014, 01:01 PM
No sympathy for the maroon balloons from me. If they had cut spending like every other non old firm club then maybe they wouldn't be in the state they currently find themselves in.

Was their choice, so now have to suffer the consequences - just like everyone else. The way the media are bleating on about their predicament is nothing less than nauseating. Of course there are more paper sales in taking the HMFC's side than championing the long list of companies, people and charities that they have systematically fleeced.

MB62
08-01-2014, 01:30 PM
One of the lines taken by the media is how it will be a disaster for Scottish football losing them and the Edinburgh derby. They took the same line when the club called rangers went in to liquidation.

What they mean is, it is a disaster for the top league of Scottish football, I doubt the lower league clubs, who are part of Scottish football, have complained too much about the new club called The rangers bringing a couple of thousand of their supporters to their grounds.
I also never heard anybody claiming it to be a disaster for Scottish football when we were toiling to avoid relegation under C.C. whilst the Yams were still spending fortunes they never had on players.
Every season from every league (excepting the bottom one) a club gets relegated and if it happens to be the Yams (who presently would be 4 points adrift at the bottom regardless of their 15pt penalty) this season then tuff 5h1t.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-01-2014, 01:31 PM

Im sure Hearts played Rangers in some cup final at some point ;)

Aldo
08-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Im sure Hearts played Rangers in some cup final at some point ;)

That the one when Laudrup nutmegged Roussett from waaaaaayyyyyy out wide?? :-D

mixumatosis
08-01-2014, 01:41 PM
That the one when Laudrup but egged Roussett from waaaaaayyyyyy out wide?? :-D

Sounds painful.

Aldo
08-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Sounds painful.

Fixed it. Bloody predictive text

brog
08-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Ewan Murray jambo trumpet from Guardian in different days...........

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/aug/02/hearts-jim-jefferies-vladimir-romanov

Changed his tune now the twat!

Thats a fine find! Anyone able to direct it to him & ask for comments on his own comments!?

Hibercelona
08-01-2014, 02:22 PM
One of the lines taken by the media is how it will be a disaster for Scottish football losing them and the Edinburgh derby. They took the same line when the club called rangers went in to liquidation.

What they mean is, it is a disaster for the top league of Scottish football, I doubt the lower league clubs, who are part of Scottish football, have complained too much about the new club called The rangers bringing a couple of thousand of their supporters to their grounds.
I also never heard anybody claiming it to be a disaster for Scottish football when we were toiling to avoid relegation under C.C. whilst the Yams were still spending fortunes they never had on players.
Every season from every league (excepting the bottom one) a club gets relegated and if it happens to be the Yams (who presently would be 4 points adrift at the bottom regardless of their 15pt penalty) this season then tuff 5h1t.

Were the media greeting out about "disaster" and "armageddon" when we got relegated in the 90's?

Did they s***e!

More examples or jambo "journalists" attempting to copy the huns scare tactics.

**** all will happen if they get relegated and they know it!

JimBHibees
08-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Thats a fine find! Anyone able to direct it to him & ask for comments on his own comments!?

Sycophantic drivel. His putrid defence of Brown last night said all you need to know about how objective or not this guy is.

jgl07
08-01-2014, 05:15 PM

ISTR the Herald newspaper group "invested" a large amount in the Yams in the mid 1990s - of course, it was never paid back and they had to write it off eventually.
It was the Scottish Media Group (SMG: STV + Herald) that invested the cash. When SMG wanted it back was the start of the financial lurch that saw the Pieman try to sell Tynecastle to CALA and later to sell out to Vlad.

The cash was supposed to be to invest in a training facility. They rented Riccarton from Heriot-Watt and blew the money on substandard signings (including Fitzroy Simpson) and built a team who Hibs beat 3-0 at Tynecastle.

ballengeich
08-01-2014, 05:27 PM
It was the Scottish Media Group (SMG: STV + Herald) that invested the cash. When SMG wanted it back was the start of the financial lurch that saw the Pieman try to sell Tynecastle to CALA and later to sell out to Vlad.

The cash was supposed to be to invest in a training facility. They rented Riccarton from Heriot-Watt and blew the money on substandard signings (including Fitzroy Simpson) and built a team who Hibs beat 3-0 at Tynecastle.

Didn't SMG invest the money with the choice of getting the money back or receiving Hearts shares at a predetermined date? As I recall, Hearts assumed they'd take the shares. When the date came to repay the loan it was "But... but... we've spent it all". They never learned the lesson from this.

3pm
08-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Gordan Petric!! He must have been good for a good million!!

Saying that he looked a bargain to the flying winger boy at £850,000.

80's - reckless, 90's reckless, 00's - reckless. Now - going, going....

Geo_1875
08-01-2014, 05:42 PM
They have no defence in claiming Vlad made them do it. I've said before, Robinson tried to bring them back to reality and they hounded him out. **** them.

Saorsa
08-01-2014, 05:59 PM
They have no defence in claiming Vlad made them do it. I've said before, Robinson tried to bring them back to reality and they hounded him out. **** them.:agree: Correct, all the prominent roasters fully backed the Vlad takeover, pishy breeks, deans, medals mackay were all fully behind him.

Pishy Breeks

Romanov represents the hope for the future of hearts and I urge the clubs major shareholders not to price the Lithuanian banker out of a deal, otherwise "they'll never be forgiven by the fans"

and now they must pay the penalty. :thumbsup:

AndyM_1875
08-01-2014, 07:39 PM
:agree: Correct, all the prominent roasters fully backed the Vlad takeover, pishy breeks, deans, medals mackay were all fully behind him.

Pishy Breeks

and now they must pay the penalty. :thumbsup:

Interesting given both Dundee United and Dunfermline both ran a mile when Vlad started trying to sweet talk them.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Gordan Petric!! He must have been good for a good million!!

Saying that he looked a bargain to the flying winger boy at £850,000.

80's - reckless, 90's reckless, 00's - reckless. Now - going, going....

Aw come on Bryan Adams had more than one decent album surely?!

MB62
09-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Loved this quote from Dylan McGowan

' We didn’t know what was going on behind the scenes. We found out we were in administration at the same time the newspapers and everyone else did. We were under the impression everything was okay – that wages were late because certain things were getting held up in Lithuania' :ostrich:

Incredible, obviously he didn't read Hibs.net :greengrin
Just wait until he finds out about Santa Claus :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
09-01-2014, 09:47 AM
It seems to be everybody, but the fans' fault. Yet, they were instrumental in removing the previous owner, and roundly applauded Vlad when he arrived.

mjhibby
09-01-2014, 12:59 PM

I do believe their debt at the time was listed at just under £20m with that seasons debt to add on which took it up to over £24m. The fact is that our debt at the time iirc was touching £19m. We halved the debt by selling the car park and then kept it under control by selling the heart of the team likewhittaker,brown,thomson,fletcher etc.Had we paid those players £10- 15,000 a week I'm sure we could have a damned good stab at winning the league and probably won a cup or two and competed in Europe. That they are now reaping what they sowed means absolutely no sympathy at all. As Bryan Jackson keeps saying they should be looking to just survive and anyway where is the money coming from to buy and pay players. As usual all the people shafted by hearts,the joiners,poppy appeal and the bigger business are forgotten. They seem to be forgetting the cva will mean over £20m of debt being left unpaid and that doesn't include the debt forgiveness of over £20 that Romanov as it turned out illegally processed. They are such a bunch of deluded fools but I can't believe the media is falling for their beatings. Absolutely pathetic journalism but it has been like this as long as I can remember.now how to get a ticket for the relegation party on the 29th. :aok: