PDA

View Full Version : Hibs release 4 players

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gustavo Fring
07-01-2014, 10:03 PM
HIBS boss Terry Butcher has started his Easter Road clearout by telling Kevin Thomson, Rowan Vine, Tim Clancy and Tom Taiwo they are free to go
according to daily express

Chuck Rhoades
07-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Fantastic if true IMO. Deadwood gone and a decent part of the budget freed up?

PatHead
07-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Hope so, good luck to them all. Hope they are not signing for Hearts.

Swedish hibee
07-01-2014, 10:07 PM
I'd keep Kevin.

nribs
07-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Only freed up if they agree to go? 4 possible contractés to pay up. Looks like we could see some movement in the next week.

Chuck Rhoades
07-01-2014, 10:08 PM
It means one thing - signings.

Short of cover at CM now. Billy McKay anyone?

Simkin911
07-01-2014, 10:10 PM
I'd keep Thomson too although it's hard to see him starting regularly in the current set up.

Gustavo Fring
07-01-2014, 10:11 PM
it says killie and motherwell are both after clancy

Jonnyboy
07-01-2014, 10:13 PM
it says killie and motherwell are both after clancy

Hope their treatment table passed its MOT

Sir David Gray
07-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Not surprised that any of those mentioned are being told they are free to go.

Taiwo has only played about half an hour of football since Butcher came in and hasn't featured at all in our last 7 matches so I'm guessing Butcher just doesn't fancy him. Thomson is the same in terms of the number of minutes on the pitch under Butcher and hasn't played at all for the last few weeks although I understand he has also been carrying an injury.

Clancy is a decent player but he has ongoing injury problems and hasn't played any football for a very long time.

Vine is just not good enough.

I'll trust Butcher to make the best decisions for the club, whatever they may be.

Leithenhibby
07-01-2014, 10:14 PM
That's good news as far as I'm concerned......

There is not one moment that I can say those 4 did something that would make me want them to stay.

Wotherspiniesta
I'd keep Kevin.

Same here. Thomson is still a class player IMO. The other 3 can leave.

CapitalHibs
I'd keep Kevin.

Maybe we'll get Claros back:dunno:

StarMan10
Not read the article but telling players they are free to go, and releasing players are two different things.

J-C
07-01-2014, 10:15 PM
I like Thomson as he has a bit of class but if TB is going to play 2 up top, then there's no room for KT in midfield, a 4-2-3-1 system suits him better and Tb seems to like 2 front men.

Hermit Crab
07-01-2014, 10:16 PM

Agree. Starting his rebuild

MWHIBBIES
07-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Thomson and Taiwo both good players, neither should have a problem finding another club. Vine awful, Clancy okay but always crocked.

Gustavo Fring
07-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Not read the article but telling players they are free to go, and releasing players are two different things.

The new manager is keen to strengthen his squad in this window but also knows he has to play his part by cutting the current wage bill.
Butcher wants to add at least three or four players this month as he bids to bolster his squad and cement their place in the top six.
Scotland cap Thomson, Vine, Clancy and Taiwo are all in the last six months of their contracts and have been told they won’t get extensions.

The quartet, all signed by former boss Pat Fenlon, have rarely featured since Butcher came in from Inverness in November.
Midfielder Thomson, 29, is in his second spell with Hibs, while fellow midfielder Taiwo, 23, arrived from Carlisle last year.

Former QPR striker Vine, 31, has struggled to find his feet at Easter Road since his summer switch from St Johnstone.

Clancy, 29, is unlikely to be short of options, with former clubs Motherwell and Kilmarnock both interested, as are Derry City.

londonhibby
07-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Now it's just down to which ones will try to find another club and which ones will hang on for the easy wages.

Not done deals yet by any means.

Jim44
07-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Thomson and Taiwo both good players, neither should have a problem finding another club. Vine awful, Clancy okay but always crocked.

I think I read somewhere that Dundee United are looking at KT.

silverhibee
07-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Happy with Butchers decision to offload these players.

Jonnyboy
07-01-2014, 10:30 PM
From the article

"Former QPR striker Vine, 31, has struggled to find his feet at Easter Road since his summer switch from St Johnstone"

Cannae see them for that beard

macca70
07-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Same here. Thomson is still a class player IMO. The other 3 can leave.

Any coincidence that our upturn has happened as a result of Butcher leaving KT out the team?

Butcher has turned us around in such a short time with what is Fenlons squad so I'm happy to trust Butcher and his management team with all incomings/outgoings they feel necessary.

Bishop Hibee
07-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Excellent. Butcher obviously rates Stanton ahead of Thomson and Taiwo. Neither of these players offers enough going forward for the type of game we are playing under Butcher. If even 3 out of the 4 players leave then we should see at least 1 player joining in the transfer window.

Baldy
07-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Delighted with those 4 going .. add them to McPake and that would be around £12-15k a week in wages freed up for 3 real quality players

The people saying Thomson is a quality player who could play for any number of teams .. please tell me where these teams were when he had to end up training at East Mains and playing for us for free:rolleyes:

blaikie
07-01-2014, 10:43 PM
I think I read somewhere that Dundee United are looking at KT.

and another one of our midfielders who is out of contract soon!

Nevi_SOL
07-01-2014, 10:45 PM

Harris?

DarrenSQH
07-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Mistake to get rid of KT

The rest won't be a loss

Gustavo Fring
07-01-2014, 10:48 PM

taiwo

blaikie
07-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Harris?

Paul Cairney apparently,

Nevi_SOL
07-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Take that Armstrong of their hands if they wish.

Baldy
07-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Paul Cairney apparently,

another who I think is an average player, No pace and very rarely beats a man, yes he gets the nutmeg 10% of the times he tries it but he has no pace to go past anyone and I'm sure Terry will bring in a much better player in that position

zlatan
07-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Only one I'm saddish to see go out that lot is Taiwo. Was good alongside Claros last season, strange to see him frozen out this team under Butcher so quickly.

A lot of wages freed up for better there if we can get rid of the lot. Only one I can't see finding somewhere else this month is Vine.

monktonharp
07-01-2014, 10:52 PM
so Mc Pake stays? I'm happy with that. we need cover for the back line. he started with a bang, when he came in at first, but was guilty of too many errors of judgement or just lack of fitness/speed. I think his main problem being a lower back injury. he may be needed in the latter stages of the season, to keep the jambos at bay:rolleyes:

heretoday
I am sure everyone appreciated KT's gesture to play for nothing. Trouble is he never contributed much of any worth.

blaikie
another who I think is an average player, No pace and very rarely beats a man, yes he gets the nutmeg 10% of the times he tries it but he has no pace to go past anyone and I'm sure Terry will bring in a much better player in that position

Would have to agree with that, very limited player if he signed another contract I'd be happy but there's better players out there that we could probably sell on.

B.H.F.C
07-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Paul Cairney apparently,

Who has started every game under Butcher?

blaikie
07-01-2014, 10:55 PM

Still out of contract in July

Baldy
07-01-2014, 10:58 PM

I think as soon as Harris is back, Cairney will be out ... unfortunately we have no other wide players so I think he is currently in by default.

I can see Butcher's priority as bringing in 3 quality players (a long term cover for RB, a winger and a striker)

Peevemor
07-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Still out of contract in July

I think TB rates him and I've à feeling that the majority of players currently at ER would be happy to renew their contracts if offered .

spike220
07-01-2014, 11:02 PM
It means one thing - signings.

Short of cover at CM now. Billy McKay anyone? I'd love to see Claros back! His club has said he is free t go now too!

Hibbyradge
07-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Cairney's dead balls have been vital for us.

I hope he stays.

Thecat23
07-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Thomson didn't stand a chance after a training ground argument with Malpas not long after they arrived. I posted this in the PM board at the time I think, or maybe it was here. Few folk didn't believe it but his time was up there and then! The story might come out now but TB was fuming with the way he spoke to MM.

Peevemor
07-01-2014, 11:12 PM

I hope he stays.

:agree:

blaikie
07-01-2014, 11:12 PM
I think TB rates him and I've à feeling that the majority of players currently at ER would be happy to renew their contracts if offered .

He'll no doubt get offered a new deal, if he accepts it or not is another thing linking up with McNamara again might be to tempting.

Bob1875
07-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Surely extending William's contact is a priority! As is getting rid of the players that Butcher doesn't fancy. Good goalies are hard to find these days, especially for us!

green.and.white
07-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Good to hear, excited about bringing in some new players now :flag:

LaMotta
07-01-2014, 11:15 PM

I hope he stays.

When Cairney was absent from the team last season our results got worse. Since he returned to the team this season results have improved.

We look far more like scoring with him playing, I couldn't give a t0ss about his lack of pace, he can create something from nothing.

Thecat23
07-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Surely extending William's contact is a priority! As is getting rid of the players that Butcher doesn't fancy. Good goalies are hard to find these days, especially for us!

Fully expect Ben to stay and a 2 year deal is on the table.

sixtwo
07-01-2014, 11:22 PM
I wish them all well and think each of them could still do a job for a top six side. Having said that, I wont be too surprised to see Kevin go to ibrox.

Peevemor
07-01-2014, 11:22 PM
He'll no doubt get offered a new deal, if he accepts it or not is another thing linking up with McNamara again might be to tempting.

Maybe, but I have the feeling that, apart from (potentially) the youngsters, we don't have any players who'll be offered much better deals away from Hibs and, even then, I reckon ER is a pretty good place to be at the moment.

lucky
07-01-2014, 11:23 PM
KT is the only one who can have any complaints. But if he has mouthed off and TB and MM don't want him then that's good enough for me.

sixtwo
07-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Back of a fag packet sums, but I reckon that will save us £6k per week wages.

Anyone think think sparky would come back for £6k per week??? :wink:

essexhibee
07-01-2014, 11:29 PM
It's a shame about Kevin. Still thought he had a future at Hibs. But having read what happened at the training ground and the evident formation TB wants to play it's clear there's no place for him anymore. Wish him all the best.

Taiwo was a tidy player but never really brought much else other than breaking up play. Hope he does well elsewhere though seems a decent guy. The other two we've been needing to get rid of for a long time.

Thecat23
07-01-2014, 11:30 PM
From what has been said Taiwo just wants to head back south. Loved his time here but wants a move back down the road.

KiddA
07-01-2014, 11:32 PM
I wrote this on another thread ie KT, since then I have heard this from two very reliable sources. I am glad all four are moving on I would add Mcpake to that list too if I am being honest.

I was told from a very good source that Thompson was told to play one touch in a training game and he refused. Malpas was taking the session and told all the players to play one touch, Thompson was taking 3 or 4 touches then Malpas asked him why and Thompson said he does not play one touch. Malpas then asked him to go home and then Thompson did and spat out his dummy. Also heard that at the Caley game at Easter Road when TB was watching Thompson signaled to the bench and asked Nicholl to sub Collins as he was not playing well. Thompson is a good player but we don't need big time charlies at Easter Road and I am glad the coaching team is making these changes. Taiwo on the other hand does not fit in, done a coaching course here in Florida and Taiwo's best mate was on the course and he said he was not in Terry's plans that was about a month ago.

Ricky Bobby
07-01-2014, 11:33 PM
A little puzzled he let Thomson go, but you have to trust Butchers decision. Thanks to all four for their efforts and i hope they all find a club soon.
I know Thomson was not everyones cup of tea after what happened with Rankgers but I for one appreciate him coming back and steadying the ship under Fenlon as I believe he was the man most trying to motivate the players in the dressing room while Pat was struggling.
All the best Kevin.

Heisenberg
07-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Rowan Vine ‏@aslrowanvine (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine) 10m (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine/status/420712573231968256) Unless every1 else knows something I don't I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.I was talking about Giggs.#awkward (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23awkward&src=hash) @OwainTJones17

(https://twitter.com/OwainTJones17)Rowan Vine ‏@aslrowanvine (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine) 5m (https://twitter.com/aslrowanvine/status/420714036314263552)
But thanks for all ur kind msg's mainly good luck ones from Hibs fans..you won't have to repeat when the likely scenario does happen..

(https://twitter.com/OwainTJones17)

dp00
08-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Delighted with those 4 going .. add them to McPake and that would be around £12-15k a week in wages freed up for 3 real quality players

The people saying Thomson is a quality player who could play for any number of teams .. please tell me where these teams were when he had to end up training at East Mains and playing for us for free:rolleyes:

Hope hibs don't let mcpake go... Not very classy to release a player who is injured imo

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Baldy
08-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Hope hibs don't let mcpake go... Not very classy to release a player who is injured imo

I wasn't implying that we were at the moment, but his contract is up in May and he is allegedly our highest earner (circa £3.5k a week) and I can not see him being offered a new deal

--------
08-01-2014, 12:38 AM

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

They won't. That's one thing Hibs don't do.

We're not the Gorgie con-men, you know. :wink:

They've provided him with the surgical care he required, and he's now at Lilleshall (last I heard, anyway) getting himself fit to play football again. The timing is such that he should be back at East Mains a couple of months (maybe more) before the end of the season, which will allow TB to make a realistic assessment of him, make his decision, and either offer a new contract or release him with thanks.

I can't see a fit McPake having too much trouble finding a new club; if he's on £3,500 a week as Baldy says, I can't see TB re-signing him. Not with Nelson, Hanlon and Forster all playing as they are, and the chance of bringing in new players. But he'll leave us as a fit man.

Fergus52
08-01-2014, 01:22 AM

When Cairney was absent from the team last season our results got worse. Since he returned to the team this season results have improved.

We look far more like scoring with him playing, I couldn't give a t0ss about his lack of pace, he can create something from nothing.

Definitely :agree:.

Cairney is easily our most creative player just now, even if butcher does not see him as a started in the long run he is good cover for out wide and a great option to have coming off of the bench.

Callum_62
08-01-2014, 03:18 AM
Fairly happy to see the back of all 4

Thommo has talent but im sure he will be on a fair wedge, which may be better used elsewhere....especially if something has went on behind the scenes

Taiwo was decent but replaceable

Clancy hardly kicked a baw

and Vine......

:greengrin

Be very interesting in who we get in though

Its all went a bit quiet on that front

Father Ted
08-01-2014, 05:46 AM
Personally I would have added OTJ to this 4 as for me he has done nothing to improve the team

Dibben
08-01-2014, 06:02 AM
Personally I would have added OTJ to this 4 as for me he has done nothing to improve the team

With TB knowing OTJ from their time at ICT, I reckon he trusts him and knows what he'll get. Might not be a consistent starter, but will do a job when asked.

scoopyboy
08-01-2014, 06:06 AM
I'd be happy to see all four go today never mind this window but as has been pointed out earlier being told you are free to go is a lot different to being released.

I suspect we might not get new signings until players leave.

1two
08-01-2014, 06:16 AM
We all heard butcher likes his players fit, committed and hard working.
I'm not surprised 3 have been shown the door but I didn't think Taiwo fitted that description.

Fortunately I don't think any are likely to come back and bite us

macd123
08-01-2014, 06:18 AM
Kt is a good player definitely but he does need someone alongside him to do his running and defending for him. They are all decent players but no point paying those wages when not featuring.

Gatecrasher
08-01-2014, 06:19 AM
Thomson is a good player but diesn't fit the system, but will be sad to see him go.
Taiwo is decent as well and put in a decent shift when selected.
Vine has done nothing and Clancy has never been fit.

I trust Butcher to make the right decisions.

IWasThere2016
08-01-2014, 06:22 AM
I would've kept KT. Far better player than OTJ IMHO.

Weir7
08-01-2014, 06:30 AM

Nothing like 12k be about 6k. Also, you have to pay up players contracts. They don't just leave because new manager don't fancy them.

Pete
08-01-2014, 06:40 AM
I like OTJ and see his attributes. It will all fall into place when suitable players are brought in to compliment him.

Kevin is a good player but as others have said, he doesn't fit. That was apparent in the last game he played for us.

Baker9
08-01-2014, 06:58 AM
I would've kept KT. Far better player than OTJ IMHO.

Technically better, yes, but the key attributes for Hibs now are Terry's 'energy and attitude'. OTJ has both and KT has neither. I wonder, if OTJ was 6 months from the end of his contract would we tell him he can go? Probably not.

Brooster
08-01-2014, 06:58 AM
With TB knowing OTJ from their time at ICT, I reckon he trusts him and knows what he'll get. Might not be a consistent starter, but will do a job when asked.

I disagree, he didnt do a job (a ten minute job at that) when asked on Sunday and in my opinion was one of the reasons we threw away a 2 goal lead. I dont rate him at all, I think he hides from the ball.

Weir7
08-01-2014, 07:00 AM

Nobody has left. Also, players don't leave for free. Once you sign a replacement you end up paying twice over for the same position.

Hibs90
08-01-2014, 07:13 AM
No loss IMO.

Brightside
08-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Definitely :agree:.

Cairney is easily our most creative player just now, even if butcher does not see him as a started in the long run he is good cover for out wide and a great option to have coming off of the bench.

And this is why we need more creative players urgently. Cairney is a decent player from a dead ball, and gets him self in great positions. BUT he has about 2 tricks up his sleeve and hardly ever gets past a player. For me we have better on the bench in Stanton, and other in the U20s. Hopefully Terry will sign a decent LB to replace McGivern and two attacking midfielders.

Hibs90
08-01-2014, 07:20 AM
And this is why we need more creative players urgently. Cairney is a decent player from a dead ball, and gets him self in great positions. BUT he has about 2 tricks up his sleeve and hardly ever gets past a player. For me we have better on the bench in Stanton, and other in the U20s. Hopefully Terry will sign a decent LB to replace McGivern and two attacking midfielders.

Stanton isn't better than Cairney, maybe in the future, but not now. Agree with whoever said Cairney has been vital to the team recently. I'd love to keep him.

StarMan10
08-01-2014, 07:33 AM
Stanton isn't better than Cairney, maybe in the future, but not now. Agree with whoever said Cairney has been vital to the team recently. I'd love to keep him.

isn't Stanton naturally a centre mid anyway? Would like to see him given some minutes in the centre of the park.

Onion
08-01-2014, 07:49 AM
Good to see TB kicking some high profile players out. None of these were doing enough to justify their place. Sends a clear message to the rest.

Thomson, Clancy and Taiwo all made some contribution while they we're hear. Rowan Vine will be added to the list of most disappointing signings I've seen at Hibs.

SMAXXA
08-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Do feel for TT as think he's been a decent player for us and IMO better than OTJ.

won't lose any sleep over Vine, summed him up when he left 15mins into the derby, clearly no interested.

MB62
08-01-2014, 07:54 AM
so Mc Pake stays? I'm happy with that. we need cover for the back line. he started with a bang, when he came in at first, but was guilty of too many errors of judgement or just lack of fitness/speed. I think his main problem being a lower back injury. he may be needed in the latter stages of the season, to keep the jambos at bay:rolleyes:

We are currently playing with FOUR centre halfs' (or halves?) so another one is not something I see as a priority, a right back certainly as I wouldn't like to see Lewis back there if Forster gets injured or suspended.
McPake did us a much needed turn when he first arrived but I now think he surplus to requirements, although I agree it would be a bad show to let him go now whilst he is recovering from surgery.

We all have opinions on who should stay and who should go and whilst the four that have been mentioned is no surprise, I might have kept one, or maybe two, and let one or two others go in their place, or even as well as.

This window was always going to be the first tentative steps of T.B's re-build and was always going to be interesting to see what he comes up with, both in and out.

WindyMiller
08-01-2014, 07:54 AM
I disagree, he didnt do a job (a ten minute job at that) when asked on Sunday and in my opinion was one of the reasons we threw away a 2 goal lead. I dont rate him at all, I think he hides from the ball.

jodjam
08-01-2014, 07:56 AM
Nothing like 12k be about 6k. Also, you have to pay up players contracts. They don't just leave because new manager don't fancy them.

Spot on mate. Reading this thread im sure some think we will boot these 4 out the door and use all the money saved on new players by the middle of January. This will cost Hibs financially in the short term.

Saturdays Hero
08-01-2014, 08:04 AM
KT is the only one who can have any complaints. But if he has mouthed off and TB and MM don't want him then that's good enough for me.

That's a big BUT ??

leggeto
08-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Don't understand how vine was such a failure after shining at st Johnstone but good luck to them all

CRAZYHIBBY
08-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Glad vine is off but a bit surprised at thommo ....taiwo wasnt a bad playerbut we don't really need him any more. ...id bomb otj as well

Brightside
08-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Spot on mate. Reading this thread im sure some think we will boot these 4 out the door and use all the money saved on new players by the middle of January. This will cost Hibs financially in the short term.

Only if they are booted! Hibs have told them they are free to go.

offshorehibby
08-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Have no problem with the players released. To bring players in we probably have to free up some wages so somebody has to go. If they are not going to be TB's plans there is no point in being here.

KT is a good player but if he's not buying into the way TB & MM wont to play there is no point in him being there either. Or should TB & MM just change their philosophy just to cater for one player who probably wont be there come June and pander to some fans who want to keep him .

I'll leave it to TB.

dangermouse
08-01-2014, 08:14 AM

I put some of the blame with Terry. We had the opportunity to make the substitution before Williams took the goal kick but didn't take it. As a result, the goal kick was taken, we lost possession and United ran up the park and scored. Hopefully Terry will have learnt from that. However, the whole team was running on empty at that point.

khib70
08-01-2014, 08:32 AM
If this is true, can't really argue with most of those. Bit surprised at KT though, as he's a class above the others and I'd play him ahead of OTJ any day of the week. But the way is being cleared for new signings, and that's what we need in several positions

Still, the bright side is, if they all go, and we go on to win anything big, we won't have to suffer years of pub bores telling us Terry did it with "Fenlon's team":greengrin

Andy74
08-01-2014, 08:41 AM
I'd get this title changed !!

Billychaotic182
08-01-2014, 08:50 AM

How so?

SanFranHibs
08-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Only one I'm saddish to see go out that lot is Taiwo. Was good alongside Claros last season, strange to see him frozen out this team under Butcher so quickly.

A lot of wages freed up for better there if we can get rid of the lot. Only one I can't see finding somewhere else this month is Vine.

I am sorry for him that he has not had a chance under Butcher. What I have seen of him and what I have read and heard (Not just on here) is that the has good skills. And not trying to indulge in a bit of Fenlon bashing Taiwo just seemed a bit lost in the mix in our previous managers 'team building'.

However, he must have had a chance to impress Butcher in training at least and has not done so.

Good luck to all that leave.

It's Butchers time now !!

:flag:

scoopyboy
08-01-2014, 09:00 AM
]Glad vine is off[/B] but a bit surprised at thommo ....taiwo wasnt a bad playerbut we don't really need him any more. ...id bomb otj as well

Nobody is off.

Aldo
08-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Nobody is off.

Ah. They are free to go but don't need to go unless they want to as they are under contract.

Inch Hibs
08-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Good luck to all 3.

But mystified about the whole KT situation but in Terry I trust moving forward.

trev the hat
08-01-2014, 09:24 AM
These 4 will know if they want to play any game time this season a move in this window is beneficial. Vine I fear may run down his contract, the others I see no reason why other clubs wont be in early for them, especially in spfl.

scoopyboy
08-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Ah. They are free to go but don't need to go unless they want to as they are under contract.

Correct, and I think they will either seek a pay off or sit tight.

brog
08-01-2014, 09:28 AM

Absolutely, there's actually nothing in the article that hasn't been on this board for weeks. To make it clear, the title is wrong, Hibs haven't released anyone.

Aldo
08-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Correct, and I think they will either seek a pay off or sit tight.

It'll all come down to how much Rod is willing to give them.

Andy74
08-01-2014, 09:30 AM
How so?

Due to us not having released any players, never mind four.

derek0762
08-01-2014, 09:34 AM

Spot on mate, I said at the time that Butcher would have been better bringing one of the young guys on up front, and going for the win, rather than trying to stiffen the midfield up with OTJ coming on.

scoopyboy
08-01-2014, 10:19 AM
It'll all come down to how much Rod is willing to give them.

Again I agree.

The players will want their contracts paid up, Rod will want to give them brussel sprout.

It's where the two sides meet in between that will determine how much Terry has to play with.

The more Rodders has to shell out the less Terry has to play with. The good thing is that at least all four are only contracted to the end of the season.

FWIW OTJ was not on the bench recently (SJ maybe) due to "personal reasons", my understanding is that he was away negotiating a deal with another club.

Winston Ingram
08-01-2014, 10:22 AM

Thomson deadwood? Behave yersel.

Fantastic player:agree:

ian cruise
08-01-2014, 10:31 AM
When Leigh first signed some if our support bemoaned the fact he wasn't good enough, the fact we took him on Liam again after the first time and now we constantly see posters complaining we never got him signed up. Claros was a donkey and not a pit bill, etc, etc and again when he left there was (quite rightly) massive disappointment as he improved the team massively. Last season Robertson was useless and needed dumped apparently but this season he's been one of, if not our hardest working and best player over the season so far. It takes time for players to settle, some more than most, but already we have written off Vine and Tudor Jones after half a season which includes a change if manager and style of play?

Heisenberg
08-01-2014, 10:33 AM
FWIW OTJ was not on the bench recently (SJ maybe) due to "personal reasons", my understanding is that he was away negotiating a deal with another club.

Hope the negotiations went well. Don't think he's had a good game yet. Looks a very limited/poor player.

Northernhibee
08-01-2014, 10:34 AM

But if it's true that he's not willing to change his style of play to meet the needs of the new management then he would be deadwood as he's a player we can't play.

Great player but not for such a direct team.

Gustavo Fring
08-01-2014, 10:34 AM

good player but lets be honest he's only at hibs because no one else wanted him .

Beefster
08-01-2014, 10:39 AM
good player but lets be honest he's only at hibs because no one else wanted him .

That's rubbish btw.

Reaper
08-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Not surprised to see any of the four mentioned being told this. I dont agree that Thomson has been a vlass above since he returned but obviously others will see different. Ive also heard the reason he's going is his attitude/fall out towards MM & other players (This wouldnt surprise me as he's been a big time charlie since he was a laddie). Taiwo is hardworking but there's better out there I reckon. Other two......meh!

B.H.F.C
08-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Again I agree.

The players will want their contracts paid up, Rod will want to give them brussel sprout.

It's where the two sides meet in between that will determine how much Terry has to play with.

The more Rodders has to shell out the less Terry has to play with. The good thing is that at least all four are only contracted to the end of the season.

I though OTJ would be a big player under Butcher. Terry even spoke well about his performances from their time at Inverness. If he's allowed to go along with Thomson and Taiwo then we must looking at bringing someone in in that position. Otherwise we are going to go from being overloaded with central midfielders to possibly being a bit thin.

sambajustice
08-01-2014, 10:46 AM
I though OTJ would be a big player under Butcher. Terry even spoke well about his performances from their time at Inverness. If he's allowed to go along with Thomson and Taiwo then we must looking at bringing someone in in that position. Otherwise we are going to go from being overloaded with central midfielders to possibly being a bit thin.

We don't need midfielders though when we just crash the ball from back to front...:devil: :cb

Aldo
08-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Again I agree. The players will want their contracts paid up, Rod will want to give them brussel sprout. It's where the two sides meet in between that will determine how much Terry has to play with. The more Rodders has to shell out the less Terry has to play with. The good thing is that at least all four are only contracted to the end of the season. FWIW OTJ was not on the bench recently (SJ maybe) due to "personal reasons", my understanding is that he was away negotiating a deal with another club.

Hopefully Rod has already started these negotiations and we will see a few of them off ski. Surprised to see OTJ away but if that's the case then we may even see a few more in. If he's not happy there is no point in him being here.

Wonder if his family is still down South or are unhappy in Scotland. Bit more for TB to play with if he goes.

scoopyboy
08-01-2014, 10:57 AM

I think KT is a player but if he isn't going to play (or be played by TB) then he is a waste of money in that we are shelling out a wage for no return.

Better for everyone that he goes.

cabbageandribs1875
08-01-2014, 10:58 AM

as was Rowan Vine :agree: and for the same reason

Aldo
08-01-2014, 11:01 AM
I think KT is a player but if he isn't going to play (or be played by TB) then he is a waste of money in that we are shelling out a wage for no return. Better for everyone that he goes.

KT on his game has the potential to be one of the best MF players in the League. Things haven't gone to plan for him since Butcher and Co have come in and he's been told he can leave or is free to find another club. Shame really but I trust TB and his judgement.

Gus
08-01-2014, 11:28 AM
What people have to remember is that there are NO wages being freed up at the mo.

They are available for a free transfer, but the individuals have to agree to a move. I get the impression that for one reason or another TB has decided these 4 do not fit into his plans. I think we will see their contracts being paid up. TB will not want 4 potentially negative characters around what he is trying to build.

I trust that TB & MM will do whats right for the balance, quality, work ethic & harmony of the squad

:tbgwa:

SeanWilson
08-01-2014, 11:29 AM
It's good to know that the fans know so much more than an ex England captain who has been in football management for over 20 years....

jacomo
08-01-2014, 11:46 AM
It's good to know that the fans know so much more than an ex England captain who has been in football management for over 20 years....

:rolleyes:

Aldo
08-01-2014, 11:47 AM

Where you getting this from?

Saorsa
08-01-2014, 11:50 AM
It's good to know that the fans know so much more than an ex England captain who has been in football management for over 20 years....:rolleyes:

jacomo
08-01-2014, 11:51 AM

:greengrin

3pm
08-01-2014, 11:51 AM

I won the Champions League 6 times with Spurs on Football Manager. Also went a season undefeated. :agree:

Northernhibee
08-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Interestingly ICT have extended the contracts of two players who joined in the summer, one from Kendal Town and the other from a Maltese club.

I'd be happy to get in just two experienced players and go with whoever Marsella thinks for the rest.

Aldo
08-01-2014, 11:53 AM
I won the Champions League 6 times with Spurs on Football Manager. Also went a season undefeated. :agree:

Yeah but you never played in or managed at World Cup so that's you oot the window. ;-)

MB62
08-01-2014, 11:54 AM
We don't need midfielders though when we just crash the ball from back to front...:devil: :cb

apart from the fact that one of our midfielders has scored 3 goals in two games and is our top scorer :greengrin

Billychaotic182
08-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Cutting Thomson May seem harsh as he is a good player but cast your mind back to when Tony took charge he cut Grant Brebner to which most of us thought was harsh and things turned out ok. Have faith in Terry but would love to keep Thomo

Onceinawhile
08-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Glad to be rid of Vine.

Clancy was by far the best right back at the clubs last season (and probably continues to be (JF being a right back)). Though injuries have massively stunted his progress at ER so cheerio and thanks for the goal at darkheid. He would improve almost every other team in the SPL if he was fit, but he never seems to be.

Taiwo & Thommo, surprised at both as I would have kept them (especially ahead of my personal scape goat OTJ) but I reckon Butch knows what he's doing so onwards and upwards.

Don't think it's any coincedince that all 4 would be out of contract in the summer anyway.

SeanWilson
08-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Where you getting this from?

Just all the chat on Kevin. IMO, great player who i have always liked, however clearly not part of TB/MM's plans, therefore let go.... must be a clear cut reason as to why they want to let go such talent. Accept and move on.

As for the rest of them, fairly easy to see why they have been given the heave.

As for the FM experts... i am not worthy :greengrin

Aldo
08-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Just all the chat on Kevin. IMO, great player who i have always liked, however clearly not part of TB/MM's plans, therefore let go.... must be a clear cut reason as to why they want to let go such talent. Accept and move on. As for the rest of them, fairly easy to see why they have been given the heave. As for the FM experts... i am not worthy :greengrin

:-D

hibee_girl
08-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Cutting Thomson May seem harsh as he is a good player but cast your mind back to when Tony took charge he cut Grant Brebner to which most of us thought was harsh and things turned out ok. Have faith in Terry but would love to keep Thomo

I never forgave Mowbray for that :(

GreenCastle
08-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Butcher wants to play a direct quick attacking team. KT slows the game down and rarely makes a telling pass or contributes goals. Can someone tell me his last telling pass or goal?

I trust TB as although I thought KT would have been a decent squad player to bring on when winning - he obviously wants more and possibly can get players which will add more.

Taiwo I liked also and got better towards last season but we just need more speed in our team and these 2 weren't giving that on and off the ball.

Good luck to any players leaving - the way TB has come in and done so far with the attitude has convinced me he knows what he's doing.

Keith_M
08-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Have Hibs released a statement to confirm they're actually 'freeing' the four players mentioned or is it all still speculation?

147lothian
08-01-2014, 12:30 PM
In Butcher I trust, he can't bring in his own players until he off loads so as much as I like KT and Tiawo, as butcher wants to play a style of football that doesn't involve them, they have to go, I wish them all the best though

Aldo
08-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Have Hibs released a statement to confirm they're actually 'freeing' the four players mentioned or is it all still speculation?

Nowt on the official site

scoopyboy
08-01-2014, 12:34 PM

No, because they aren't.

Andy74
08-01-2014, 12:37 PM
No, because they aren't.

Indeed. They have evidently been told they are to free to go if they can find clubs but that is a long way from actually being released!

Surprised this title wasn't changed hours ago to save half of this chat!

Admin p***** :greengrin

hibbeedavid
08-01-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm quite gutted that Thommo is going, class player, head and shoulders above anything else we have ability wise

Was so excited to have re-signed him last season as well

Taiwo could also still do a job

If they do go they will need replaced as we have no depth in that area

However the other two I'm happy we're letting go

keep the faith
08-01-2014, 02:12 PM
BBC sport now confirmed thommo can go. Nothing on other 3.

Squealing pig
08-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Like thommo, the rest catch u sign for the jambos or sumhin

down-the-slope
08-01-2014, 02:43 PM

Nowt on the official site

Indeed. They have evidently been told they are to free to go if they can find clubs but that is a long way from actually being released!

Surprised this title wasn't changed hours ago to save half of this chat!

Admin p***** :greengrin

:agree: indeed are Admins having a day off after the fraught days of glitches :dunno:.....

Title needs changing to '4 players suggested to seek alternative employment'.......'but may choose to exercise their contractual right to keep picking up wages til' summer'.....

Its not catchy....but its at least true......:wink:

Aldo
08-01-2014, 02:45 PM
:agree: indeed are Admins having a day off after the fraught days of glitches :dunno:.....

Title needs changing to '4 players suggested to seek alternative employment'.......'but may choose to exercise their contractual right to keep picking up wages til' summer'.....

Its not catchy....but its at least true......:wink:

That's a mouthful and a half there DTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

down-the-slope
08-01-2014, 02:54 PM
That's a mouthful and a half there DTS.

:tee hee:

'Terry & Tommo Tiff'

Read the full story inside your daily rag

that more paper esq :greengrin

cmcd
08-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Not surprised to see any of the four mentioned being told this. I dont agree that Thomson has been a vlass above since he returned but obviously others will see different. Ive also heard the reason he's going is his attitude/fall out towards MM & other players (This wouldnt surprise me as he's been a big time charlie since he was a laddie). Taiwo is hardworking but there's better out there I reckon. Other two......meh!

I would like to know who told you KT has always been a big time Charlie since he was a laddie Perhaps im wrong but i have always found him to be a very pleasant man and boy

jdships
08-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Sad to say I don't think KT has been anything like the player he was when at ER first time round.
Not one game he has played in have I felt totally happy with his contribution.
Be this due to the way the side is set up or whatever I feel it is right for him to move on . I wish him luck .
Taiwo has been an enigma : never quite sure which player was going to turn up on a Saturday
For me I am prepared to accept TB/MM et al decisions and give them the chance to build a decent side

SURELY THAT'S THE LEAST WE DESERVE AFTER THE LAST FEW SEASONS ? :greengrin:rolleyes:

ballengeich
08-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Sad to say I don't think KT has been anything like the player he was when at ER first time round.
Not one game he has played in have I felt totally happy with his contribution.
Be this due to the way the side is set up or whatever I feel it is right for him to move on . I wish him luck .

While I'm sorry to see KT go I agree with you. I suspect that the series of injuries he's had over the years means that he won't ever get to either what he was before or what he had the potential to accomplish. Also, he doesn't fit into the way TB wants to play.

Best wishes to the other three, but from Hibs point of view I'm not bothered as it could give the opportunity to bring in people who'll contribute more.

SouthamptonHibs
08-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Thomson has been out best player in the Fenlon days and hasn't had a chance under Butcher. I'd of kept him and built the midfield round him, best passer of the ball we have. He is used to playing with a better standard of player, some of the guys Hibs have fielded this season have been poor. In Butcher we trust though as Results, performances have been better and we are now scoring goals hail hail

weonlywon6-2
08-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Happy with Butchers decision to offload these players.

Yes indeed,a good decision by terry.At the end of the day it is no real.surprise

Clears the way for maybe a couple.to come in:thumbsup:

Reaper
08-01-2014, 04:54 PM
I would like to know who told you KT has always been a big time Charlie since he was a laddie Perhaps im wrong but i have always found him to be a very pleasant man and boy

Ive known him since he was a laddie. In fairness maybe I should have put IMO after BUT my own experiences with him and from what some others tell me he's a class A fud. Ive no doubt he has the ability to be pleasant but I think he's a rocket.

scoopyboy
08-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Thomson has been out best player in the Fenlon days and hasn't had a chance under Butcher. I'd of kept him and built the midfield round him, best passer of the ball we have. He is used to playing with a better standard of player, some of the guys Hibs have fielded this season have been poor. In Butcher we trust though as Results, performances have been better and we are now scoring goals hail hail

Aye right, better than Leigh Griffiths and Ben Williams???????

We have hardly won a game when KT has played.

Good player but as regarding best passer of the ball, maybe sideways and backwards but certainly not forward.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2014, 05:14 PM
I never wanted Thomson to come back, but i will concede he had one or two decent games since returning. Since Butcher has arrived, its clear how we are set up now and how the management want us to play.

Thomson will never fit into this style, and when we have better options wide i believe we will fire on all cylinders when going forward, pace power and directness, something we'd just not get with Thomson in the team.

I was gutted when he left 1st time round, i was also gutted how he left.

This time i'm not bothered.

hibsbollah
08-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Won't miss any of them. Taiwo had his moments but was lost without Claros. KT talented but slowed play down, Clancy sicknote, Vine save for one great assist, played the village idiot.

SaulGoodman
08-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Not gutted about KT, we've played a few games without him and we've hardly missed him tbh

Nevi_SOL
08-01-2014, 05:23 PM
More gutted about Taiwo keaving than Thomson tbh. Gave more for the jersey

jeffers
08-01-2014, 05:29 PM
I don't buy into the chat that KT slows the game down. I think he is about keeping possession without resorting to hoofing the ball up the park. If he had better movement ahead of him he would pass it, but IMO he gets frustrated when he looks up and sees no one making a move for him. IF some of the posts about his attitude and fall out with MM are true then fair enough maybe he should move on. But if it's purely down to footballing ability I am disappointed there is no place for him at ER.

Jim44
08-01-2014, 05:34 PM
According to BBC, KT is 'bitterly disappointed' to be shown the door. If true, hardly the words of someone who, reportedly has a poor relationship with his bosses. I would have thought that a talented player who wanted to remain at the club would have been willing and able to alter his style to fit in. No doubt it will come out in the wash but whatever the reason, bosses are paid to be just that and we have to trust their judgement.

The_Horde
08-01-2014, 05:36 PM
My main gripe with Thomson this time round was that he thought he was Gerrard. Dropping back to take the ball but then slowing the play down and often passing it back to the player he'd received the ball from. He also doesn't seem to have that edge he had when he was here before. I think that made him a much better player and now all he does is sit in and try and dictate. He may well suit going to the Arabs, sitting in and letting the young players flourish.

patch1875
08-01-2014, 05:39 PM
STV news is saying the same

hibsbollah
08-01-2014, 05:46 PM
I don't buy into the chat that KT slows the game down. I think he is about keeping possession without resorting to hoofing the ball up the park. If he had better movement ahead of him he would pass it, but IMO he gets frustrated when he looks up and sees no one making a move for him. IF some of the posts about his attitude and fall out with MM are true then fair enough maybe he should move on. But if it's purely down to footballing ability I am disappointed there is no place for him at ER.

Watch Robertson and Craig and their willingness to get the ball into Collins at the earliest opportunity, and contrast with Thomson, who (although far from being a bad player) liked to wait, pass sideways and hold onto simple possession rather than take a chance on a difficult pass. Thomson would have been second fiddle to Craig and Robertson under Butcher, no doubt about it.

Jim44
08-01-2014, 05:48 PM
STV news is saying the same

Maybe it was STV where I heard it. Thought it was BBC.

jeffers
08-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Watch Robertson and Craig and their willingness to get the ball into Collins at the earliest opportunity, and contrast with Thomson, who (although far from being a bad player) liked to wait, pass sideways and hold onto simple possession rather than take a chance on a difficult pass. Thomson would have been second fiddle to Craig and Robertson under Butcher, no doubt about it.

Maybe he feels he is wasting his time passing it to Collins as he doesn't appear to rate him 😉. But I don't believe KT cannot play at a higher tempo, I think there has to be some truth in the rumours. And even if Craig and Robertson are first choice, surely KT is a better option than OTJ as backup ?

Weir7
08-01-2014, 06:15 PM

Ball is banged back to front under butcher. Thomson best passer of ball at ER. You have to keep possesion of the ball. Basics in fitba. If we kept hold of it on Sunday we would have won.

Under Fenlon thomson got on the ball at there were very little options.
I'd have Thomson sitting with Craig, Robbo and Harris bombong on.

Hainan Hibs
08-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Almost in tears of happiness with the news that Tel has told Katie Thomshun to get tae ****:thumbsup:

Good riddance ya hun ****:na na:

matty_f
08-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Almost in tears of happiness with the news that Tel has told Katie Thomshun to get tae ****:thumbsup:

Ffs.

Saorsa
08-01-2014, 06:21 PM

Good riddance ya hun ****:na na:Dinnae pull too hard :aok:

http://cdn.euroffice.com/eo/item/AAY457/0-Huge-0.jpg

jeffers
08-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Ball is banged back to front under butcher. Thomson best passer of ball at ER. You have to keep possesion of the ball. Basics in fitba. If we kept hold of it on Sunday we would have won.

:top marks

cmcd
Ive known him since he was a laddie. In fairness maybe I should have put IMO after BUT my own experiences with him and from what some others tell me he's a class A fud. Ive no doubt he has the ability to be pleasant but I think he's a rocket.

Now i understand You have this low opinion of KT because he has made something of his life Unlike yourself who cant even speak the English language eg FUD - Rocket What is all that about I take it thats you just home from school GROW UP

SouthamptonHibs

Good player but as regarding best passer of the ball, maybe sideways and backwards but certainly not forward.

KT, defo our best outfield player, he is as class above what we have and is used to playing with better players, reason he passes back and sideways due to lack of forward options ie wingers and strikers, KT keeps possession well.
I'd defo say he was the best outfield player we've had this season. KT was good for us last season but as you pointed out we had super Leigh.
Ben doesn't count as he is the goalie my point was based on outfield players, Ben's been our best Keeper in years

Hail Hail

Mikey09
08-01-2014, 06:33 PM

Probably one of the most childish posts Ive read on this forum..... :idiot:

Weir7
08-01-2014, 06:35 PM

I'll defer to Sparky's tweet on Thomson talent.

Beefster

Given that you wanted us to get beat in the cup final, I'd wager that Thomson's more of a Hibee than you are.

NAE NOOKIE
Vine: Couldnt get a game in a team playing badly ... did very little when he did play and I wont miss that bloody stupid beard :bye:

Clancy: Looked a good full back and had a really long throw in, just a shame he was constantly injured.

Taiwo: Always thought he was on the verge of being really decent for us, but for some reason he never quite got there.

Thomson: A stand out in the 1 - 1 game v Sellic at ER this season, but I couldnt help thinking at the time that it was more about sticking it to his mate Scott Brown than bringing it for the team. Apart from that I couldnt see that we were a better team with him in it. Though I do agree its hard to play a forward pass with no movement in front of you. No doubt a good player but probably not in a team looking to play high tempo high energy football.

Good luck to all of them, but the truth is I'll lose more sleep wondering who might be brought in to replace them than as a result of their going.

Kato
08-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Ball is banged back to front under butcher.

Really?

Despite the claims that that was how it would be I haven't really noticed it.

Thomson best passer of ball at ER.

Maybe, but doesn't always pick the best pass to make.

The Voice Of Reason
08-01-2014, 06:42 PM

Agreed - good post.

The Voice Of Reason
08-01-2014, 06:43 PM

Deary me - dreadful post sir.

scoopyboy
08-01-2014, 06:43 PM

If you keep possession of the ball then every game would finish 0-0, not what I want to see.

Alex Miller reckoned 0-0 was perfection but I don't.

Yogi preached possession and we could make 30 passes and still not be out the bit.

You occasionally have to try an incisive pass, cross the ball or dare I say it shoot. KT was not an expert in any of the three.

Weir7
08-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Really?

Despite the claims that that was how it would be I haven't really noticed it.

Maybe, but doesn't always pick the best pass to make.
Nelson shells it long soon as he gets the ball. Also, read old boozy in the scotsman last week where he states centre mid is missed out. Also, backpass trying to defend we aren't a long ball team

Wotherspiniesta
08-01-2014, 06:51 PM

Aye, good one :rolleyes:

Aldo
08-01-2014, 06:55 PM
We've created double figure chances in just about every game since TB took over. 23 against the yams alone on the 2nd.

Yeah there is passing but passing the ball to death across the middle of the park is not for me.

How many folk are unhappy with they way we've got the ball into the box and created chances and scored goals in the last few weeks?

cmcd
08-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Probably one of the most childish posts Ive read on this forum..... :idiot:

Could not agree more Mikey

truehibernian
08-01-2014, 06:58 PM
If you keep possession of the ball then every game would finish 0-0, not what I want to see.

Alex Miller reckoned 0-0 was perfection but I don't.

Yogi preached possession and we could make 30 passes and still not be out the bit.

You occasionally have to try an incisive pass, cross the ball or dare I say it shoot. KT was not an expert in any of the three.

Alex went to see two Hibs games over the festive period scoopy and was very complimentary of us, saying we were very direct and high tempo. I think his views on the game has evolved over the years and he likes teams being more aggressive and creative. He and his lads have a real real soft spot for Hibs even now - his youngest was however in a wee quandry at the semi final as his best coaching mate(s) were/are at Falkirk and he was with them at the game. Still wanted the cabbage to win though :greengrin

portycabbage
08-01-2014, 06:58 PM

I wasn't there, and I know you said "one of the reasons" we lost a 2 goal lead, but OTJ came on when we had a one goal lead! I thought he did fine when he came on in the derby.:dunno:

Hermit Crab
08-01-2014, 06:59 PM

You've caught a few with that post pal. Bad taste though.

Kato
08-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Nelson shells it long soon as he gets the ball. Also, read old boozy in the scotsman last week where he states centre mid is missed out. Also, backpass trying to defend we aren't a long ball team

Yes. we play the ball long - sometimes. We did that under Mowbray and Turnbull too. The ball is getting played into channels and down the wings but that's not how "long ball" football is played. The wingers and midfield seem to feature in possession quite a bit. If we were "banging it forward" possession in a normal game would average out as 30%, which it's not.

judas
08-01-2014, 07:05 PM

Sorry. Taiwo, is pitiful.

Zero attributes to commend him.

scoopyboy
08-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Alex went to see two Hibs games over the festive period scoopy and was very complimentary of us, saying we were very direct and high tempo. I think his views on the game has evolved over the years and he likes teams being more aggressive and creative. He and his lads have a real real soft spot for Hibs even now - his youngest was however in a wee quandry at the semi final as his best coaching mate(s) were/are at Falkirk and he was with them at the game. Still wanted the cabbage to win though :greengrin

Pleased to hear it, but I can always remember his comment about perfection and 0-0.

FWIW I think many people have misinterpreted what TB means by getting the ball from back to front more quickly. I don't think many teams will ever stop using the long ball as an occasional option but I think crisp incisive passing is more what TB was meaning.

We were IMO too slow and deliberate in our build up and opposing teams knew it only too well.

One Day Soon
08-01-2014, 07:08 PM

Seriously? Absolutely no need.

I think you are letting thin-skinned Nationalist views colour your football judgement. Can't see any other reason for the daft 'hun' abuse.

Weir7
08-01-2014, 07:12 PM
We've created double figure chances in just about every game since TB took over. 23 against the yams alone on the 2nd.

Yeah there is passing but passing the ball to death across the middle of the park is not for me.

How many folk are unhappy with they way we've got the ball into the box and created chances and scored goals in the last few weeks?

We did not create 23 chances on the 2nd double chances in almost every game.

We are causing more problems in the opposition box which is good.

truehibernian
08-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Pleased to hear it, but I can always remember his comment about perfection and 0-0.

FWIW I think many people have misinterpreted what TB means by getting the ball from back to front more quickly. I don't think many teams will ever stop using the long ball as an occasional option but I think crisp incisive passing is more what TB was meaning.

We were IMO too slow and deliberate in our build up and opposing teams knew it only too well.

100% agree with you mate - I am baffled by opposing fans/pundits saying that Hibs are playing 'hoofball' and that we are 'physical'. For me we are doing what we should always be doing when not in possession and that is pressing and hounding in order to win possession back. The 'hoofball' is actually crosses into the box, either from open play or well won set pieces (corners, free kicks). We have to play to our strengths and we are a big, strong side physically, but we are not dirty.

What I am loving seeing is the whole pitch being used and the ball being spread out wide as quick as we can - and I simply cannot wait for young Alex Harris to get up to speed as he will love this style of play.

Mikey09
08-01-2014, 07:17 PM

If thats an attempt to wind posters up and get a few bites then well done that man...... What a comedian he is Hermit eh??? He must be a right hoot in the boozer......... TIT :yawn:

Aldo
08-01-2014, 07:21 PM
We did not create 23 chances on the 2nd double chances in almost every game. We are causing more problems in the opposition box which is good.

From the BBC Match stats shots at goal for last 7 matches

8 v Utd

23 v yams

14 v Killie

11 V County

10 v St Johnstone

9 v Smellic

16 V Partick

So I take it shots off target don't mean chances. So I got the double figures out in 2 but shots wether on or off target for me mean chances.

Agree that ball is in the box but the stats speak for themselves. My opinion mind.

jdships
08-01-2014, 07:26 PM
While I'm sorry to see KT go I agree with you. I suspect that the series of injuries he's had over the years means that he won't ever get to either what he was before or what he had the potential to accomplish. Also, he doesn't fit into the way TB wants to play.

Best wishes to the other three, but from Hibs point of view I'm not bothered as it could give the opportunity to bring in people who'll contribute more.

:agree::thumbsup:

Waxy
08-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Good luck to all four.

Reaper
08-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Now i understand You have this low opinion of KT because he has made something of his life Unlike yourself who cant even speak the English language eg FUD - Rocket What is all that about I take it thats you just home from school GROW UP

No I'm not just home from school. I'm sorry my English isnt up to your high standards and what I've made from my life suits me fine. It's not jealousy, I simply don't like him based on personal experiences. Just because I don't stand around him in and blow smoke up his backside because he wears a Hibs shirt you obviously think I'm acting like a school kid. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it but I think I am as well. My original post didnt slate him or claim to be his best pal it only stated that it wouldn't surprise me if he'd had an attitude that's been reported as that's how I have found him to be. If you think different then fair play BUT that won't change my mind. I do find it surprising, however, that you seem willing to comment on my Life and what I've done..........I take it you know me then?

Jonnyboy
08-01-2014, 07:46 PM

Not the first time he's referred to KT being a hun. Guy just hates KT, simple.

As to the angst of KT being told he's free to look for another club I'm surprised that folk are surprised! He's been left out in the cold by a manager that doesn't see him fitting in with the plan. If KT really is this wonderful footballer that some insist he is, let's wait and see which top team picks him up

Stevie Reid
08-01-2014, 07:59 PM
I was very pleased when Thomson returned, I'm not at all bothered that he's leaving, which says a lot. Whilst retaining possession is his natural game, he didn't play that well for us and actually gave the ball away cheaply in many games this season.

Taiwo was alongside Claros in our midfield when we played our best football last season, he was busy and kept the ball moving, and always gave 100% - but he is no longer what we need. I thank him for his efforts and he leaves with my best wishes.

I was pleased when we signed Clancy and he did have his moments but Maybury has been the best right back we've had since Whittaker, and Forster has looked very good in that position recently. That, and his horrendous injury problems, mean that he can go.

I don't believe that Rowan Vine is anywhere near as bad a footballer as he has appeared to be for us, but it's not happening for him here and he simply has to go. I also couldn't understand his desire to draw so much attention to himself with that ridiculous beard, when things were going so badly for him.

Jim44
08-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Not the first time he's referred to KT being a hun. Guy just hates KT, simple.

As to the angst of KT being told he's free to look for another club I'm surprised that folk are surprised! He's been left out in the cold by a manager that doesn't see him fitting in with the plan. If KT really is this wonderful footballer that some insist he is, let's wait and see which top team picks him up

Your sarcastic use of 'wonderful' and 'top team' suggests you're not so keen on KT yourself, Jonnyboy. I've no grouse with anybody's opinion of a player but I think he is a talented, steady player who won't have to dredge the depths for a new club which suits his style of play.

JimBHibees
08-01-2014, 08:04 PM

Kok.

hfc rd
08-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Hardly gutted about any of the 4 that are leaving. Free's up some wages for new players that can can make an impact at the club.

silverhibee
08-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Your sarcastic use of 'wonderful' and 'top team' suggests you're not so keen on KT yourself, Jonnyboy. I've no grouse with anybody's opinion of a player but I think he is a talented, steady player who won't have to dredge the depths for a new club which suits his style of play.

Maybe you should read Js post again Jim.

Jim44
08-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Maybe you should read Js post again Jim.

Maybe there's something there that I have interpreted wrongly but I still get the message that Jonnyboy doesn't rate KT's chances of attracting a decent club, which I disagree with.

OsloHibs
08-01-2014, 08:19 PM

Shocking post.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2014, 08:20 PM
If thats an attempt to wind posters up and get a few bites then well done that man...... What a comedian he is Hermit eh??? He must be a right hoot in the boozer......... TIT :yawn:

Like I said bad taste. If he feels like that then he'd be better off not posting at all

McKenzie
08-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Couldn't care that any of them won't play for Hibs again. Sick of hearing this rubbish that KT is like the messiah because he can pass the ball sideways. Too much of a Barry Ferguson for me. Thought Taiwo would have been a Butcher player, full of work and desire but not enough end product for me. Thank you and good luck to all 4

Chump
08-01-2014, 08:39 PM

They should be delighted to be offered contracts given what they have achieved in their time at ER (minus the limited TB era). They will be lucky to get contract offers at a club bigger than Hibs.....that'll become obvious to them if/when they leave Hibs!! IMO the majority of the squad in their time at ER have done little to justify their contracts to date and they have 4 months to turn that around which should hopefully act as a great motivation for a strong finish for the team!!

Jonnyboy
08-01-2014, 08:40 PM

Not sarcastic at all Jim. It's how some posters view him and a fair few think he'll go on to another top side! Personally I think the lad is talented but can see why he won't fit into Butcher's side

keep the faith
08-01-2014, 08:45 PM

Grow up

cmcd
08-01-2014, 08:47 PM
No I'm not just home from school. I'm sorry my English isnt up to your high standards and what I've made from my life suits me fine. It's not jealousy, I simply don't like him based on personal experiences. Just because I don't stand around him in and blow smoke up his backside because he wears a Hibs shirt you obviously think I'm acting like a school kid. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it but I think I am as well. My original post didnt slate him or claim to be his best pal it only stated that it wouldn't surprise me if he'd had an attitude that's been reported as that's how I have found him to be. If you think different then fair play BUT that won't change my mind. I do find it surprising, however, that you seem willing to comment on my Life and what I've done..........I take it you know me then?

I can only comment on your post which was childish in the extreme

hibeemikey21
08-01-2014, 08:48 PM

Glass houses. Stones. Throw. Don't.

Kato
08-01-2014, 09:04 PM
I was very pleased when Thomson returned, I'm not at all bothered that he's leaving, which says a lot. Whilst retaining possession is his natural game, he didn't play that well for us and actually gave the ball away cheaply in many games this season.

Taiwo was alongside Claros in our midfield when we played our best football last season, he was busy and kept the ball moving, and always gave 100% - but he is no longer what we need. I thank him for his efforts and he leaves with my best wishes.

I was pleased when we signed Clancy and he did have his moments but Maybury has been the best right back we've had since Whittaker, and Forster has looked very good in that position recently. That, and his horrendous injury problems, mean that he can go.

I don't believe that Rowan Vine is anywhere near as bad a footballer as he has appeared to be for us, but it's not happening for him here and he simply has to go. I also couldn't understand his desire to draw so much attention to himself with that ridiculous beard, when things were going so badly for him.

This post is how you express yourself without any need to come over as petty. Well said, Stevie.

Potty78
08-01-2014, 09:08 PM
KT won't struggle to find another club. He is a decent player who is good on the ball. On sun we were crying out for someone to keep the ball in the last 15 mins. I still think he could have done for us. However TB is the boss now and we can't argue with his start. Good luck KT.

Reaper
08-01-2014, 09:13 PM
I can only comment on your post which was childish in the extreme

You didn't just comment on the post though, did you? Fair enough though, you're entitled to your opinion.

allezsauzee
08-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Any coincidence that our upturn has happened as a result of Butcher leaving KT out the team?

Butcher has turned us around in such a short time with what is Fenlons squad so I'm happy to trust Butcher and his management team with all incomings/outgoings they feel necessary.

I don't believe it is a coincidence. Thomson doesn't get the ball forward quickly enough

Frogga
08-01-2014, 09:28 PM
I don't believe it is a coincidence. Thomson doesn't get the ball forward quickly enough

His weaknesses in Butcher's system were noticeable in the Partick game. He came on with about 15mins to go and everything slowed down at a time in the game where we needed to be pushing for goals. I think they've all contributed something (Vine included) but it's probably a good decision to let them go. Good luck to them!

B.H.F.C
08-01-2014, 09:43 PM
KT won't struggle to find another club. He is a decent player who is good on the ball. On sun we were crying out for someone to keep the ball in the last 15 mins. I still think he could have done for us. However TB is the boss now and we can't argue with his start. Good luck KT.

I agree with all of this. I'm still not entirely convinced with the central midfield pairing but of Robertson and Craig but we've lost one game with them in there so something is obviously working. Thomson offers something different and I don't think it's bad to have a bit of variety.

FWIW I think this whole thing about Thomson slowing the game down is exaggerated. His style of play is no different to it was in his first spell and guys like Walter Smith and Gordon Strachan don't shell out a couple of million on you if all you do is slow the game down. Injuries might have caught up with him a bit but he's still the same type of player.

If he doesn't fit in to what Butcher wants then I trust him to bring in a player that does instead. If he gets fixed up with a new club then it'll free up a decent wage.

allezsauzee
08-01-2014, 09:47 PM
I agree with all of this. I'm still not entirely convinced with the central midfield pairing but of Robertson and Craig but we've lost one game with them in there so something is obviously working. Thomson offers something different and I don't think it's bad to have a bit of variety.

FWIW I think this whole thing about Thomson slowing the game down is exaggerated. His style of play is no different to it was in his first spell and guys like Walter Smith and Gordon Strachan don't shell out a couple of million on you if all you do is slow the game down. Injuries might have caught up with him a bit but he's still the same type of player.

If he doesn't fit in to what Butcher wants then I trust him to bring in a player that does instead. If he gets fixed up with a new club then it'll free up a decent wage.

I still think Thomson is a class player, however i just don't think he suits the way we are going to play under TB. He will be a very good signing for somebody.

brog
08-01-2014, 09:49 PM
To summarise then, looks like no one has any real problem with 3 of the players going, personally I wish them all well, but opinion is clearly divided on KT with possibly a small majority disappointed he's going. Personally I think KT is possibly one of the most talented players at ER & I believe he could fit into the new system but I wanted TB in & must back his judgment.

Gerard
08-01-2014, 10:02 PM
To summarise then, looks like no one has any real problem with 3 of the players going, personally I wish them all well, but opinion is clearly divided on KT with possibly a small majority disappointed he's going. Personally I think KT is possibly one of the most talented players at ER & I believe he could fit into the new system but I wanted TB in & must back his judgment.

Mr Butcher is the Head Coach. It is up to him to select or not select players for the team. KT is a good player. I trust Mr Butcher's judgement. I am sure that he will bring in better players than we have.
:wink:

danhibees1875
08-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Very disappointed to see KT leave. I never bought into the whole 'slows the team down line' and certainly not the occasionally mentioned 'demands every move goes through him' comments. He'll find a new team easily - hopefully down south.

With these in mind, a LB, RB (or someone from youth as cover (Donaldson)), MF ( again, or youth to cover), and a CF in January would be a decent haul. :aok:

basehibby
08-01-2014, 10:10 PM
I think Thomo is a classy player and Taiwo has been pretty good as well, but it's pretty clear they don't fit with Terry & Mo's vision of how we should play - which features box to box central midfielders making Thomo & Taiwo, who both tend to sit deep and maintain possession, expensively redundant.
So it's no surprise really that along with the much injured Clancy and workrate free Vine, the desire is to move these guys on and free up some wages - good luck to them all!

Iceman1875
08-01-2014, 10:53 PM

I grew up with him. As a kid he was a cocky so and so but what teenager wasn't? Big time Charlie? Fud? Rocket? Have a word.

Iceman1875
08-01-2014, 10:59 PM

Here here

sahib
08-01-2014, 11:01 PM
I think Thomo is a classy player and Taiwo has been pretty good as well, but it's pretty clear they don't fit with Terry & Mo's vision of how we should play - which features box to box central midfielders making Thomo & Taiwo, who both tend to sit deep and maintain possession, expensively redundant.
So it's no surprise really that along with the much injured Clancy and workrate free Vine, the desire is to move these guys on and free up some wages - good luck to them all!

That Craig bloke isn't half the player KT is - but he contributes goals, he gets on the end of scarps from our long ball tactics. There may be other reasons for KTs departure. I wonder if there is anything in his and the managers old Rangers connections, some breach of masonic protocol, perhaps? Again, who knows?

matty_f
08-01-2014, 11:18 PM
That Craig bloke isn't half the player KT is - but he contributes goals, he gets on the end of scarps from our long ball tactics. There may be other reasons for KTs departure. I wonder if there is anything in his and the managers old Rangers connections, some breach of masonic protocol, perhaps? Again, who knows?

Long ball tactics?

ballengeich
09-01-2014, 12:10 AM
That Craig bloke isn't half the player KT is - but he contributes goals,

Goals are what we want.

3pm
09-01-2014, 05:45 AM
Thomson 'deeply upset' according to the press.

It wouldn't have been my decision but he knows the score. It's a ruthless business.

DC_Hibs
09-01-2014, 06:15 AM

I'd agree that Craig's footballing ability isn't that great but he is a far more effective player than Thomson and not just in respect of goals. Thomson can spray the ball about better but like so many of our previous central midfielders offered absolutely nowt in the attacking third and while I don't agree his legs are gone, he is far from the energetic midfielder shutting the opposition down that TB seems to want in central midfield. Long ball accusations is just jumping on a bandwagon with little evidence of that. We get the ball forward quicker but that doesn't mean we are pumping it long at every opportunity. I remember seeing more of that under Fenlon.

What's the problem that you're daft enough to bring Rangers and Masonic protocol into it? Did make me laugh though as its so ludicrous - although Glasgow fans with chips on their shoulder may buy into that nonsense.

Agenda re TB?

Reaper
09-01-2014, 07:27 AM
I grew up with him. As a kid he was a cocky so and so but what teenager wasn't? Big time Charlie? Fud? Rocket? Have a word.

No worries. As said in previous posts this is my opinion of him based on personal experience and my comments were topic related. If you dont agree, fine but I have my reasons which I feel are justified. But you think I should
'HAVE A WORD' because my opinion of him differs from yours?

Iceman1875
09-01-2014, 07:56 AM
No worries. As said in previous posts this is my opinion of him based on personal experience and my comments were topic related. If you dont agree, fine but I have my reasons which I feel are justified. But you think I should
'HAVE A WORD' because my opinion of him differs from yours?

Your opinion is based, in your own words 'from what I have heard'. Your attack in personal and for me has no substance.

KT lives a quiet life and is very much a family man. Good luck Kev with your next move.

smurf
09-01-2014, 08:29 AM
I suspect that the KT decision has more to do with non footballing reasons. In Terry and Mo we trust.

Brightside
09-01-2014, 08:48 AM

Hahaha - you should be a Celtic fan. Craig is a very decent player for this level, and contributes a huge amount more than KT did...and he diesnt pick up "scarps" from long balls...do you even watch Hibs now? I've nothing against KT but your statement is just wrong.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Hearts fans on JKB now saying he's a great player. Would they be so forthcoming had KT signed a new deal? Nae chance. Fuds.

Reaper
09-01-2014, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=Iceman1875;3863956]Your opinion is based, in your own words 'from what I have heard'. Your attack in personal and for me has no substance.

KT lives a quiet life and is very much a family man. Good luck Kev with your next move.

My post or 'attack' was based on personal experiences. The comment about 'hearing' from others was in relation to the training ground incident. I never said it was true but it wudnt surprise if it was. I never said he wasnt a family man and I admitted in a previous post Im sure he's okay wi some folk. Stop gettin ur knickers in a twist. I doubt Kev or his family wud lose any sleep or care what I think and I know your his pal but I doubt he needs you to fight his corner. I dont like him ad a person but I think he's been/can still be a cracking football player and dont wish him any ill will in the rest of his career. I actually have some sympathy as I think he could have played at bigger teams in England had he not had bad injuries. Thats a shame as I wudnt wish that on anyone but that doesnt mean I have to like him does it?

cmcd
09-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Your opinion is based, in your own words 'from what I have heard'. Your attack in personal and for me has no substance.

Spot on Iceman

Gustavo Fring
09-01-2014, 10:44 AM

not that i want to fan the flames but does being a family man automatically make you a sound guy ?

Saorsa
09-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I'm a bit disappointed tae see Thomson and Taiwo leaving but TB seems tae be the man with the plan and that's good enough for me. Clancy was decent but a player constantly on the treatment table is a waste of a wage we cannae afford and Vine was just a waste of a wage period. Good luck tae them though.

Sudds_1
09-01-2014, 11:38 AM
I am sure everyone appreciated KT's gesture to play for nothing. Trouble is he never contributed much of any worth.

Did it mainly to put himself in the shop window when no one else appeared to want him...................

...................so as much for his own good that the Hibs IMHO. and no real loss given the shape and style TB wants to play.

3pm
09-01-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm a bit disappointed tae see Thomson and Taiwo leaving but TB seems tae be the man with the plan and that's good enough for me. Clancy was decent but a player constantly on the treatment table is a waste of a wage we cannae afford and Vine was just a waste of a wage period. Good luck tae them though.

We have had some bad players over the years but he is genuinely up there as one of the worst centre forwards we have had IMO.

Mikey09
09-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Like I said bad taste. If he feels like that then he'd be better off not posting at all

Think we would all agree with that. Maybe better off ignore **** kike that in the future. Very new to this buut a lesson learned already. :agree:

Brightside
09-01-2014, 01:08 PM
We have had some bad players over the years but he is genuinely up there as one of the worst centre forwards we have had IMO.

He was in bother on Day 1 of Terry's training. He turned up in under armour top, tights, gloves, hat, snood. I'm sure terry would have launched him then and there if he could!

Saorsa
09-01-2014, 01:11 PM
That Craig bloke isn't half the player KT is - but he contributes goals, he gets on the end of scarps from our long ball tactics. There may be other reasons for KTs departure. I wonder if there is anything in his and the managers old Rangers connections, some breach of masonic protocol, perhaps? Again, who knows?You must be watchin' something different from me. As for the rest of it :talkh:

SaulGoodman
09-01-2014, 01:17 PM

If we kept hold of it like Thomson does on Sunday we wouldn't have had a two goal lead to defend.

ekhibee
09-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Obviously I wish them all well in finding new clubs, but I'm sorry, I can't agree with some of the comments about Thomson. In his first stint at Hibs, before his injury, I actually thought he was an excellent player, with the potential to be one of the all-time Hibs greats. After several months off with injury, when he came back I never thought he fully regained the ability he'd shown before the injury, although he was still decent, no more than that. Now he's a shadow of the player he once was, and even though he's had one or two decent games, no more than that, he's not, in my opinion, one of the players that is going to help us move forward. Taiwo, to me, is a good honest pro, and I liked his commitment, but I agree that without a Claros in the team he looked a bit lost, so regretfully I would agree with letting him go too. Clancy I've not been impressed with, and he's injury prone too so fine to let him go as well IMHO. I don't think I need to say anything about Vine, just glad he's on his way.

OsloHibs
09-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Sad to see kevin go. All the best.

18/03/07
09-01-2014, 04:23 PM
I hear it is now upto 5 players now 1 of the fringe players away to Raith

davieh
09-01-2014, 04:47 PM
I was wondering if we might see some young players move on...it would be natural if TB didn't rate one or two.

Mullen seems to have disappeared off the radar (don't think he's injured, is he?) and Caldwell's peg might be a bit shoogly too..?

Billy Whizz
09-01-2014, 04:51 PM

Caldwell?

Aldo
09-01-2014, 04:52 PM

Spill the beans then! Who is it??

18/03/07
09-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Spill the beans then! Who is it??
Mullen