Jim44
07-01-2014, 09:39 PM
2-1. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
07-01-2014, 09:40 PM
2 legged tie mate

Hermit Crab
Not yet mate. It's a two legged affair ;)

McD
2 legged tie mate

Yep, only the first leg tonight

derek0762
Half Time!

eastterrace
07-01-2014, 09:41 PM

2nd leg still to come. does anyone think davie moyes is fenlon in disguise.

Gustavo Fring
07-01-2014, 09:41 PM
wont surprise me if sunderland do finish the job at ol trafford the way things are goin for moyes

Jonnyboy
07-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Well played the Black Cats. Anyone else think Poyet is scary when he's angry? :greengrin

andy1875
07-01-2014, 09:43 PM
United now lost their last 3 games, wonder when that last happened?

At home to Swansea this weekend, could it be 4.......

CB_NO3
07-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Poor Jim. Lol

Jim44
07-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Not yet mate. It's a two legged affair ;)

:doh:

Hibercelona
07-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Not surprised Manure are now on a losing streak. They've fluked their way through games since the start of the season and it was only a matter of time before their luck ran out.

Like I said before the season started, Man U will finish mid table at best. :cb

Iceman1875
07-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Strange that man u's best player is a boy that hasn't started to shave yet.

I fancy Sunderland to go through and get pumped of City in the final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

MWHIBBIES
07-01-2014, 10:01 PM
2nd leg still to come. does anyone think davie moyes is fenlon in disguise.That harsh, Fenlon has actually won something as a manager.

stanton_4
07-01-2014, 10:10 PM
I want to say Moyes is out of his depth but you could have said the same thing about Fergi after his first season. Time will tell. But will Moyes be given time? There in lies the rub.

The Voice Of Reason
07-01-2014, 10:10 PM

Oh dear - village missing idiot alert !

:hahaha:

Cameron1875
07-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Oh dear OP :greengrin

eastterrace
07-01-2014, 10:12 PM
That harsh, Fenlon has actually won something as a manager.

sorry forgot he won two home games 2013, hopefully moyes might beat that.:wink:

jgl07
07-01-2014, 10:13 PM
United now lost their last 3 games, wonder when that last happened?

Winston Ingram
07-01-2014, 10:21 PM

Oops

The Modfather
07-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Seems a bit poor that the admins must have banned Falkirk et all from posting on Man U threads these days....

Jim44
07-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Amazing how a daft mistake can touch a few nerves. :wink:

Wotherspiniesta
07-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Never wanted Moyes in the first place TBH. Was always going to be a near impossible job replacing Fergie, but he's not up to it IMHO. How much did Utd piss away on Fellaini?

I should add UTD have been unlucky with injuries to RVP, Rooney, Carrick etc but there's no urgency to their play. As someone posted, Januzaj is their best playerm at the minute. Think he looks a cracking prospect.

The Voice Of Reason
07-01-2014, 10:36 PM

Oh Jimmy

:tee hee:

Danderhall Hibs
07-01-2014, 10:36 PM
See Ferguson was hanging about again. I think Roy Keane might be right about him.

Jim44
07-01-2014, 10:38 PM
:fishin:
Oh Jimmy

:tee hee:

First cast. :greengrin

Waxy
07-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Ouch.

heretoday
07-01-2014, 11:01 PM
I think Fergie will take over till the end of the season. Moyes has had it.

Tricla
07-01-2014, 11:13 PM
2nd leg still to come. does anyone think davie moyes is fenlon in disguise.

Yawn

Stax
07-01-2014, 11:14 PM
I want to say Moyes is out of his depth but you could have said the same thing about Fergi after his first season. Time will tell. But will Moyes be given time? There in lies the rub.
Fergie had already broken the old firm's dominance and won the cup winner's cup with a provincial team. I think his credentials merited a bit of time, Moyes although having done a great job in consistency with Everton hasn't won anything. Martinez coming in and improving on things hasn't helped things, btbh Lukaku Has probably been the difference. Moyes comes across as a decent man but I think the press down south will hound him and the pressure will keep building. Saying all that they've not been doing to badly in the champions league .

--------
08-01-2014, 01:51 AM
Well played the Black Cats. Anyone else think Poyet is scary when he's angry? :greengrin

I like Gus.

You have to admit it, though, John - he's a master of non-verbal communication.

He was perfectly clear and lucid at FT this evening - "Where the freak did you manage to find five minutes overtime, you incompetent Manure-loving tosser? WHAT? YOU'RE ADDING ON MORE?????????"

I like Gus. :not worth:not worth

--------
08-01-2014, 01:55 AM

Only among the Infallible Ones, Jim. :wink:

FWIW, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you prove to have been nothing more than a little premature in your judgement.

Roll on the second leg, and the Glory-hunters all getting after Moyes then.

Dead man walking, IMO.

BTW - am I the only one who's noticed that Moyes is suddenly blissfully untroubled by players diving? Last season he was getting awfully upset about it. Now, it's just water off a duck's back.

Wonder why? :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2014, 08:54 AM
It was never a penalty and Man Utd will see them off in second leg guaranteed.

Thecat23
08-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Even with Fergie in charge this Man U team would struggle. There is far to many players who are stale and need shipped out. Like Fergie when he first arrived Moyes needs to rebuild and I think he'll be given the time to do so. Or at least next season.

joe breezy
08-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Are inaccurate headlines not usually changed?

Bighoose
08-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Moyes will be given time.

He inherited a mess from Sir Alex, three of the back four - Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra and now over the hill and rapidly decending down the other side - and Rafael has never been much cop at defending anyway. So even putting Evans and Jones in as the starting centrebacks would still leave the fullback positions vunerable.

And having no midfield just brings pressure to bear on the defence.

yeezus.
08-01-2014, 10:55 AM
I think a Manchester City Sunderland final is on the cards - City will win the League and the Cup I reckon. It will also be interesting to see how they match up against Barca in the Champions League.

Aldo
08-01-2014, 11:07 AM
I think a Manchester City Sunderland final is on the cards - City will win the League and the Cup I reckon. It will also be interesting to see how they match up against Barca in the Champions League.

Think they have good dibs on the League Cup but think it'll be an all Manchester Final.

Still think 3 teams are in with a shout of the league - Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea. City will however need to sort out their away form.

Think Man U, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton will still play a very big part on where the League trophy will end up.

ekhibee
08-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Fergie had already broken the old firm's dominance and won the cup winner's cup with a provincial team. I think his credentials merited a bit of time, Moyes although having done a great job in consistency with Everton hasn't won anything. Martinez coming in and improving on things hasn't helped things, btbh Lukaku Has probably been the difference. Moyes comes across as a decent man but I think the press down south will hound him and the pressure will keep building. Saying all that they've not been doing to badly in the champions league .
Yeh, totally agree with this. I'm not a Man Utd fan by any stretch of the imagination, I like Moyes as a person, and he was a good manager at Everton, without winning anything. That said, it's a long, long time since Everton have really won anything. They are a big club, no doubt, but for quite a while before Moyes came in they were quite badly run. When Moyes came in they seemed to, in a way, adopt a similar policy to Hibs, namely sell their better players for good money to finance the budget for the following season. It's a different kind of regime at Man U, whether he'll be given time is open to debate.

Jim44
08-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Are inaccurate headlines not usually changed?

Sorry about the clanger and I would change it if I could by placing a 'will' between 'Sunderand' and 'eliminate'. :-)

Biggie
08-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Yeh, totally agree with this. I'm not a Man Utd fan by any stretch of the imagination, I like Moyes as a person, and he was a good manager at Everton, without winning anything. That said, it's a long, long time since Everton have really won anything. They are a big club, no doubt, but for quite a while before Moyes came in they were quite badly run. When Moyes came in they seemed to, in a way, adopt a similar policy to Hibs, namely sell their better players for good money to finance the budget for the following season. It's a different kind of regime at Man U, whether he'll be given time is open to debate.

Agree mate..I dont like manu, but liked Moyes, and I hope he turns it around and shuts up the doubters. fans bleating after half a season.... I dont get it.
However, I was hearing on 5live this morning that fellani is out with a wrist injury ?!..wtf has football come to...strap the ****er up and get out there I say....some players you have to drag off the pitch, and others are on the sidelines with the slightest injury. Moyes needs more lion-hearted lewis stevenson type players....

andrew70
08-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Agree mate..I dont like manu, but liked Moyes, and I hope he turns it around and shuts up the doubters. fans bleating after half a season.... I dont get it.
However, I was hearing on 5live this morning that fellani is out with a wrist injury ?!..wtf has football come to...strap the ****er up and get out there I say....some players you have to drag off the pitch, and others are on the sidelines with the slightest injury. Moyes needs more lion-hearted lewis stevenson type players....

What United need is creative, attacking midfield players. Step forward Juan Mata.

1987kev
08-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Moyes comment about the free kick for Sunderland first goal makes him sound like a guy that's feeling the pressure.

Eyrie
08-01-2014, 08:08 PM
What United need is creative, attacking midfield players. Step forward Juan Mata.

Man Utd need only four things - a fit Rooney, a fit van Persie, an entire new midfield and an entire new defence. Other than that, they're fine.

There can be no question that Ferguson bailed last season because he knew how big a rebuilding job would be required, and that was why Moyes made sure of a six year deal before taking over. It's too expensive to pay Moyes off after one season, but he'll need to do much better in the transfer market than a panic buy like Fellaini.

andy1875
08-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Man Utd need only four things - a fit Rooney, a fit van Persie, an entire new midfield and an entire new defence. Other than that, they're fine.

There can be no question that Ferguson bailed last season because he knew how big a rebuilding job would be required, and that was why Moyes made sure of a six year deal before taking over. It's too expensive to pay Moyes off after one season, but he'll need to do much better in the transfer market than a panic buy like Fellaini.

They have missed RVP and Rooney yes, show me a team in the world that wouldn't miss 50-60 goals a season.

I disagree about Fergie bailing out when he knew this team needed a major rebuild. This team won the league comfortably last season.

They haven't replaced Scholes and when they do with a player like Cabaye or Modric then, alot of people will be left eating their words.

Fellaini will also prove to be a good signing, he's been a top Premiership player for long enough and that will come out at United next season.

All in my opinion of course :greengrin

leither17
08-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Seems a bit poor that the admins must have banned Falkirk et all from posting on Man U threads these days....

Ha ha

HibbyAndy
08-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Moyes comment about the free kick for Sunderland first goal makes him sound like a guy that's feeling the pressure.

The day he stood up for Ashley Youngs diving on air and said "well the ref gave it" Knowing full well he dived is the day i lost all respect for Moyes

Sir David Gray
08-01-2014, 08:26 PM

Sorry I've not been on this thread, had a bit of work to do over the past 24 hours or so!

I'm sure Manchester Utd will win the second leg at Old Trafford and go through to the final.

The match last night should have ended in a draw, it was a farcical penalty decision that won it for Sunderland and I don't see any other result other than a United victory in a couple of weeks' time.

coco22
22-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Brought this one back up for you Jim! A premonition disguised as a mistake? Had a feeling Man U were going to throw this away tonight.

--------
22-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Sorry I've not been on this thread, had a bit of work to do over the past 24 hours or so!

I'm sure Manchester Utd will win the second leg at Old Trafford and go through to the final.

The match last night should have ended in a draw, it was a farcical penalty decision that won it for Sunderland and I don't see any other result other than a United victory in a couple of weeks' time.

Farcical penalty shoot-out tonight.

Who won, btw? :devil:

HH81
22-01-2014, 10:54 PM

You were right about the man u victory.

Haymaker
22-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Shocking penalties but that's what happens when you send Englishmen up!

lucky
22-01-2014, 11:01 PM
Moyes must be under huge pressure now. No way will the level of performances be accepted by the united fans. Only saving grace tonight is that it will be Sunderland that gets hammered at Wembley rather than United

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2014, 11:04 PM
It was never a penalty and Man Utd will see them off in second leg guaranteed.

Hahahahahaha gutted I got that wrong.Get it up right up you again Moysie.

Bishop Hibee
22-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Ha'way the Lads! Great result and pleased for all the Mackem mates I made when living in the North East. Might not win the cup but a great day out at Wembley and a European tour next season. Now for a few wins in the league.

London Hibee
22-01-2014, 11:08 PM
So who will play the Gordon Chisholm role for Sunderland this time ?

Biggie
22-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Davie moyes has to perform major surgery there !....simply not good enough for man united.......not to mention awful pens.....

Iggy Pope
22-01-2014, 11:12 PM
You were right about the man u victory.

:on toast!

Iggy Pope
22-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Davie moyes has to perform major surgery there !....simply not good enough for man united.......not to mention awful pens.....

Is surgery available that straightens the face?

Biggie
22-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Aye that too....

Gus
22-01-2014, 11:16 PM
I like Gus.

I like Gus. :not worth:not worth

Cheers mate

theonlywayisup
22-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Maccar will be happy. Whatever happened to him? Does he still post on here?

--------
23-01-2014, 12:36 AM
Only among the Infallible Ones, Jim. :wink:

FWIW, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you prove to have been nothing more than a little premature in your judgement.

Roll on the second leg, and the Glory-hunters all getting after Moyes then.

Dead man walking, IMO.

BTW - am I the only one who's noticed that Moyes is suddenly blissfully untroubled by players diving? Last season he was getting awfully upset about it. Now, it's just water off a duck's back.

Wonder why? :rolleyes:

I don't normally quote myself, but it's not very often (in fact almost never) that I get a prediction right, so this time I will.

Jim, you were only a tad premature, old son. You got it right - indeed you might even have put the mockers on Manure for tonight's game.

Juan Mata now claiming he has an evil identical twin who was the one who signed the contract and "PLEASE don't make me go to Old Trafford, PLEASE"; Greek bookies no longer taking bets on the CL game later next month; and Manchester joiner signs big-money contract to loosen ALL the pegs in the ManUtd dressing-room.

Oh yes, and Jason Puncheon sacked as Man Utd's penalty coach after less than twenty-four hours in the job.

PS: IF OR when Moyes gets the bullet and they draw up a short list, would that make all the guys on the list THE MANURIAN CANDIDATES?

Just asking. :devil:

Billy McKirdy
23-01-2014, 12:50 AM
Maccar will be happy. Whatever happened to him? Does he still post on here?

Chatting to him tonight..he's well happy :-) him and his girlfiend from Morecambe looking forward to a nice wee trip to Wembley.
He might have been bounced out from the Hibs sites but he's very much one of us and a very proud Sunderland fan tonight :-D