PDA

View Full Version : Yams HOMFC - Relegation Number 4 In My Lifetime

hihohibby
07-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Now, knowing that HOMFC is a Big Club whose only concern is with conquering Europe and winning the Champions league, and that relegation concerns are the preoccupation of diddy and lesser clubs,
I am slightly disturbed when I look at the league table. I appear to be hallucinating again, because there, right at the very bottom, beneath all the diddy and lesser teams, including our very own beloved Hibs, sits the aforementioned HOMFC.
Now, I know I'm getting on a bit and the old memory can play tricks, but I'm sure that I was similarly disturbed and concerned with, like I say, the Big Club -known as HOMFC, on 3 other occasions in my lifetime.
Then, as now, they appeared to occupy a relegation slot, but even worse, they went on to be relegated.
For a few years it was a regular and upsetting experience. I had to pinch and tell myself that the Big Club -HOMFC, do not get relegated, and that any perceived time in the 2nd tier was but a continuation of that hallucination.
Anyhow, this 4th episode has a similar feel to it - an ominous feeling of impending relegation.
But, I'm sure that with a period of rest, I will be able to see that it was just another hallucination and not an actual 4th relegation in my lifetime.

Gustavo Fring
07-01-2014, 05:30 PM
iv never seen those manky swines get relegated so im quite lookin forward to seein them sink :lolyam:

Deansy
07-01-2014, 05:42 PM
iv never seen those manky swines get relegated so im quite lookin forward to seein them sink :lolyam:

Sadly it's a bit of a anti-climax - they hide. Nobody at work/home/pub etc seems to support them - it's almost as if they didn't previously exist as all prior knowledge of them is resolutely denied/dis-avowed. It's a 'Big Team' thing.

Danderhall Hibs
07-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Sadly it's a bit of a anti-climax - they hide. Nobody at work/home/pub etc seems to support them - it's almost as if they didn't previously exist as all prior knowledge of them is resolutely denied/dis-avowed. It's a 'Big Team' thing.

Indeed. I don't know where they've all disappeared to at my work.

bod
07-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Indeed. I don't know where they've all disappeared to at my work.

:agree: I work less than 2 metre's from a yam & he's no spoke to me this year
AM LOVING IT !

07-01-2014, 06:01 PM

Experienced similar. When things are not going so good I don't hear a peep out of them and they are quick to change the subject whenever hearts are mentioned although sure enough, if they are achieving success they all come crawling out from the woodwork giving it the big un "big team" pish.

Booked4Being-Ugly
07-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Indeed. I don't know where they've all disappeared to at my work.They've disappeared through here as well. Rentokil must have been going round spraying them en-masse!

Danderhall Hibs
07-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Experienced similar. When things are not going so good I don't hear a peep out of them and they are quick to change the subject whenever hearts are mentioned although sure enough, if they are achieving success they all come crawling out from the woodwork giving it the big un "big team" pish.

I was trying so hard to get a rise out of two of them this morning, one pretended to be busy the other kept trying to subtly change the subject onto anything else.

Baader
07-01-2014, 06:11 PM
'Tis the Jambo way. Some I knew even denied they had an interest in them when they were crap which worked in my favour as I'd call them part time supporters if they tried to mention anything when they were going better.

Like their last relegation, they won't be coming straight back up either. Crowds could dwindle as disillusionment creeps in and before you know it they're stuck in that league.

Absolutely crazy their decision to take the hit this season knowing Rangers will in all probability be playing in the same league as them next season...

eastterrace
07-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Now, knowing that HOMFC is a Big Club whose only concern is with conquering Europe and winning the Champions league, and that relegation concerns are the preoccupation of diddy and lesser clubs,
I am slightly disturbed when I look at the league table. I appear to be hallucinating again, because there, right at the very bottom, beneath all the diddy and lesser teams, including our very own beloved Hibs, sits the aforementioned HOMFC.
Now, I know I'm getting on a bit and the old memory can play tricks, but I'm sure that I was similarly disturbed and concerned with, like I say, the Big Club -known as HOMFC, on 3 other occasions in my lifetime.
Then, as now, they appeared to occupy a relegation slot, but even worse, they went on to be relegated.
For a few years it was a regular and upsetting experience. I had to pinch and tell myself that the Big Club -HOMFC, do not get relegated, and that any perceived time in the 2nd tier is but a continuation of that hallucination.
Anyhow, this 4th episode has a similar feel to it - an ominous feeling of impending relegation.
But, I'm sure that with a period of rest, I will be able to consign this latest episode of confusion down to another hallucination and not an actual 4th relegation in my lifetime.

yes i remember the yo-yo years, they didnt even come up as champs they were always runners up. we have been down twice but came back each time as champions

Jack
07-01-2014, 06:49 PM
How many cups and leagues did they win over that period?

A useful stat to know when they go on about special relationships and all that :-)

Keith_M
07-01-2014, 06:54 PM
It is amazing how few people admitted to supporting Hearts in the late 70's/early 80's. I'm not even sure where they suddenly appeared from, around 84/85 or so.

I remember vividly going to a Scottish Cup replay at ER against Dundee United around 1981/2 and Hearts were at home the same evening in a First Division match. We had 14,000 people at our game and they had 1,500. Looking forward to more of the same. :greengrin

jdships
07-01-2014, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE=Danderhall Hibs;3862129]Indeed. I don't know where they've all disappeared to at my work.[/QUO

Interesting !!
I have a friend , of long standing , an apparently intelligent man who got himself a degree thro' Open Uni aged 55 and is now retired .
Fervent Jambo he bombarded me with " funnies" after the " 1-5" debacle and I just kept stoom !
Sent him a couple of jokes and a couple of cartoons re their problems and he has written saying he doesn't want anything more to do with
me !!!!!
I wrote back explaining it was just " banter " and to chill out
" No way : it's kicking a man when he is down and its not funny , have deleted your email address , F Off "
So that's that :greengrin

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
And I'm not sure about the universe.
Albert Einstein

Comes to mind.

Geo_1875
07-01-2014, 08:02 PM
I seem to recall they liked it so much down there that they stayed for an extra season.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-01-2014, 08:06 PM
I very much doubt if any of them under the age of 40 will have much stomach for the fight. A lot of them only know Hearts during the financial doping times.

judas
07-01-2014, 08:09 PM
For a few years it was a regular and upsetting experience. I had to pinch and tell myself that the Big Club -HOMFC, do not get relegated, and that any perceived time in the 2nd tier was but a continuation of that hallucination.
But, I'm sure that with a period of rest, I will be able to see that it was just another hallucination and not an actual 4th relegation in my lifetime.

Hearts have not been relegated 3 times. They have been relegated twice. But on one occasion, they failed to achieve promotion from the 1st division (I know, stop s******ing). So they have spent 3 seasons outside of the top flight. It will very soon be 4.

SouthamptonHibs
07-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Hearts have not been relegated 3 times. They have been relegated twice. But on one occasion, they failed to achieve promotion from the 1st division (I know, stop s******ing). So they have spent 3 seasons outside of the top flight. It will very soon be 4.

On the Hearts website it advises they were relegated 3 times in five years, they then spent two seasons in first division, before coming up as runners up.
I believe this will be the fourth hail hail

In total they spent 4 seasons out the Prem league. In 8 consecutive season there wasn't a league derby for 5 of the seasons. 1 due to our relegation and 4 due to Hearts being out the Prem league.

Happy days

AndyM_1875
07-01-2014, 08:33 PM

Nope, relegated 3 times.
1981 (http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/sea/1980-81.html) - makes for hilarious reading

They failed to come back up in 1982 as they were beaten by Champions Motherwell at Tynecastle on the last day of the season and their fans sat on the Terraces and called Wallace Mercer lots of unpleasant names.

Within the next few weeks they'll be able to say they have another bigger statistic over Hibs.
4 demotions to our 3 (1933, 1980, 1998)

SouthamptonHibs
07-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Nope, relegated 3 times.
1981 (http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/sea/1980-81.html) - makes for hilarious reading

They failed to come back up in 1982 as they were beaten by Champions Motherwell at Tynecastle on the last day of the season and their fans sat on the Terraces and called Wallace Mercer lots of unpleasant names.

Within the next few weeks they'll be able to say they have another bigger statistic over Hibs.

Happy days looking forward to there fourth relegation hail hail

Hibs Class
07-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Presumably they'll describe themselves as having a special relationship with relegation.

AndyM_1875
07-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Presumably they'll describe themselves as having a special relationship with relegation.

Pah! Just wait till I say that to my mate. He's a Cowdenbeath fan. ;-)

tamig
07-01-2014, 09:34 PM
A generation of Hertz fans have known nothing but relative success since Mercer rode on to the scene. Oh how these folk are in for a shock. Bring it on.

Kojock
07-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Remember being at Swynie and singing, "We'll meet again" after they were relegated, sometimes it's good to be an old codger.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Nope, relegated 3 times.

Remember them going down in 81 as we were coming up and taking 2 years to come back, but didn't realise they had been relegated twice just prior to this.

c31
07-01-2014, 09:52 PM
I remember attending a relegation celebration in a pub in bread street one of these times - good night from what I remember

eastterrace
07-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Remember being at Swynie and singing, "We'll meet again" after they were relegated, sometimes it's good to be an old codger.

yes remember that as well, only difference now is there is more hatred now or was it like that back then but i never really noticed it as much. probably thats when the over spending started about mcdonald and jardine time and the hatred started to creep in. i had some good pals back then who were jambos but not sure if i would be pals with them today going by the way things have changed.

alley balley0-7
07-01-2014, 10:12 PM
i can remember them being the yoyo team and coming through gorgie on supporters bus singing your going down again:thumbsup:

AndyM_1875
07-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Remember them going down in 81 as we were coming up and taking 2 years to come back, but didn't realise they had been relegated twice just prior to this.

Oh aye, they were the original yo yo club.

Strangely enough we always found some excuse to play them at least once a year when we were in different divisions. Perhaps we'll continue that, I dunno.

alley balley0-7
07-01-2014, 10:30 PM
did we not play them in a compitition a lot with berwick and meadowbank

AndyM_1875
07-01-2014, 10:41 PM
did we not play them in a compitition a lot with berwick and meadowbank

Yes, played full strength sides in the East of Scotland Shield.

But also Played them for other things too like the Tom Hart Cup.

O'Rourke3
07-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Nope, relegated 3 times.

Around Christmas 80 I was at a function that both teams were at. I had no idea the scores that day and asked Willie Gibson how they'd gone on versus Thistle. Beat 2-1.NAE surprise then..... Face tripping him (and it was an ugly one). Next trip to the bar asked Willie O if we were going up. "Quite confident" was the modest reply...😯

Sent from my brain via Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-01-2014, 10:55 PM
I'm 30 later this year. My entire life has consisted of them cheating. None of my jumbo mates have got the first clue about the real Hearts. They won't listen when you try to tell them about their pish attendances pre Mercer. They are simply not interested. I know this stuff from speaking to my dad and reading stuff from the past. They've blanked it out from the history books. All they know-and care about-is 30 years of utter delusion and arrogance. **** them. I hope they rot

Deansy
08-01-2014, 07:12 AM
yes remember that as well, only difference now is there is more hatred now or was it like that back then but i never really noticed it as much. probably thats when the over spending started about mcdonald and jardine time and the hatred started to creep in. i had some good pals back then who were jambos but not sure if i would be pals with them today going by the way things have changed.

There is more hatred now - more from their side than ours, A large number of them are very quick to use '****/Vermin' re us - can't say a lot of Hibees use the same phrases back at them. Personally, I've always reserved those terms for the OF - but have been sorely tempted lately to include 'Skint FC' due to their pathetic behaviour in greeting/squirming about their situation. It is strange though, as you'd think there'd be more animosity coming from our side due to the derby-matches being one of the main benefits they've 'gained from' due to their 30+ year 'Cash-Bonanza' ??

p.s I also remember 'We'll meet again' at the PBS - superb - can't wait for it's repeat !!!

AndyM_1875
08-01-2014, 08:15 AM
My first memories of football are around the 78-79 season. I was a wee boy and remember that Hearts were absolute crap. Though some of you argue thereis more hatred now, it wasn't all sweetness & light back then either.

This is quite a find on YouTube showing a Derby draw & with fighting breaking out on the Terracing (no segregation in those days)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju4V5oi5yM4

Kojock
08-01-2014, 09:19 AM
My first memories of football are around the 78-79 season. I was a wee boy and remember that Hearts were absolute crap. Though some of you argue thereis more hatred now, it wasn't all sweetness & light back then either.

This is quite a find on YouTube showing a Derby draw & with fighting breaking out on the Terracing (no segregation in those days)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju4V5oi5yM4

Started going to the football mid 60s with my Dad and Bro. One week ER the next Tynie and we always cheered on the Edinburgh side. Thankfully we chose to support the green side. Was in amongst the Hear7s fans in 73 wearing my Hibs scarf without a hint of bother.

During the 70s there was fighting at nearly every game if you wanted it. You just went to the appropriate part of the ground.

Growing up I didn't hate Hear7s and would always want them to beat the Ugly Sisters. However that all changed when the Hear7s fans got way above themselves and the atmosphere at games became a lot more sinister.

I have to admit that when this all broke I wanted them to crash and burn, never to be seen again. This is much more fun tho watching them slowly disintegrate. Long may it continue.

AltheHibby
08-01-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm with Hamish. As far as I'm concerned it was Mercer that started the real animosity. Still, agent Vlad might still make Mercer's dream come true.

Tom Hart RIP
08-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Without checking I am certain that Hearts did not get relegated in 1977.
They went down in 79 and came straight back up. We went down in 80 and came straight back up.
They went down in 81 and didn't come back up till until 83. We didn't play each other in the league for 4 years.

Tom Hart RIP
08-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Much as I enjoyed beating Hearts throughout the 70s it was Celtic who were our main rivals.

AndyM_1875
08-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Without checking I am certain that Hearts did not get relegated in 1977.
They went down in 79 and came straight back up. We went down in 80 and came straight back up.
They went down in 81 and didn't come back up till until 83. We didn't play each other in the league for 4 years.

They did indeed go down in 77, their first relegation.
http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/sea/1976-77.html

We may not have played them in the league but we certainly played them the seasons they were in the lower league at least once in every season in a variety of less than friendly matches.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-01-2014, 08:24 PM
When relegated, 43% of them will start supporting 'the Rangers' instead.

Deansy
08-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Much as I enjoyed beating Hearts throughout the 70s it was Celtic who were our main rivals.

Aye, always seemed to bring back my namesake (Dixie Deans) for those games and he always seemed to score.

allezsauzee
08-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Nope, relegated 3 times.

It was hilarious when they failed to get promoted. Not only did they need to get beaten by Motherwell at home but Killie needed a turnaround in goal difference of 5 or 6 goals which they duly achieved. I do also remember being amazed at the number of people who only supported an English team turn up at school with a maroon and white rag round their neck when they eventually managed to get back up. Oh so fickle is the yam