PDA

View Full Version : Yams Spiers on Sport: Gary Locke and the misery of Hearts

DanHFC1875
07-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Yeah, Yeah,,,... I know, not the most propular of chaps Mr Spiers... But an interesting read nonetheless.
The last couple of lines had to be put in to make Billy Clown look like the clown he is, but it probably is his real opinion.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/opinion/spiers-on-sport-gary-locke-and-the-misery-of-hearts.1389109696?_=acf10f2c0a9d00345c2f6be783fc70 68fe6a6bff (http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/opinion/spiers-on-sport-gary-locke-and-the-misery-of-hearts.1389109696?_=acf10f2c0a9d00345c2f6be783fc70 68fe6a6bff)

Thoughts? :blah:

ps...enjoyed reading this bit....'''...Hearts are doomed. They are going to go down.....'' :faf:

Saorsa
07-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Yeah, Yeah,,,... I know, not the most propular of chaps Mr Spiers... But an interesting read nonetheless.
The last couple of lines had to be put in to make Billy Clown look like the clown he is, but it probably is his real opinion.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/opinion/spiers-on-sport-gary-locke-and-the-misery-of-hearts.1389109696?_=acf10f2c0a9d00345c2f6be783fc70 68fe6a6bff (http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/opinion/spiers-on-sport-gary-locke-and-the-misery-of-hearts.1389109696?_=acf10f2c0a9d00345c2f6be783fc70 68fe6a6bff)

Thoughts? :blah:

ps...enjoyed reading this bit....'''...Hearts are doomed. They are going to go down.....'' :faf:He should just stick tae the golf, he kens **** all, Billy broon said so and he's been places.

DanHFC1875
07-01-2014, 03:18 PM
He should just stick tae the golf, he kens **** all, Billy broon said so and he's been places.

haha that's true, and done hings. :aok:

Oscar T Grouch
07-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Any chance of a cut and paste? My works mac blocks cookies:rolleyes:

DanHFC1875
07-01-2014, 03:22 PM

here you go gadge :aok:

Spiers on Sport: Gary Locke and the misery of HeartsPublished on 7 January 2014
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/spotlight_homepage/2014/1/1389109695-737.jpg
Spiers on Sport
Twelve months from now, Hearts could be in a very optimistic place, potently rebuilding in the SPFL Championship, with a fine crop of young players.
Even better, in terms of ownership, the club will surely be in the safe hands of the Foundation of Hearts, the highly-respected fans group.
But all of that is to be awaited. Right now, Gary Locke and his stricken squad are in a horrendous fix, being whipped on the park, sometimes embarrassingly so, and virtually guaranteed relegation in May.
Hearts fans must rue the day they ever encountered Vladimir Romanov. His legacy to the club, after seven years of disintegrating rule, is this abject misery and near-ruin.
Bitterness is now creeping in as well. Billy Brown, a Hearts assistant manager who is valiantly fire-fighting alongside Locke, has called for the current Hearts transfer embargo to be lifted, claiming "there has to be leeway" and that "enough is enough".
This could not possibly be allowed to happen - and it won't. There is enough of a siege-mentality around Rangers right now without Hearts suddenly being excused in mid-punishment for their misdemeanours, given the sanctions doled out to the Ibrox regime.
There would be uproar if the SFA were to suddenly say: "You know what…we've thought about what Billy Brown has said and, yep, enough is enough…we're lifting the Hearts embargo."
Clemency has to be merited - and in this case it is not. Both Locke and Brown have acknowledged in the past that Hearts deserved to be punished. That truth cannot be revoked.
Debate has also now surfaced about how well Locke and Brown are doing in their jobs, with their team currently 19 points behind second-bottom Ross County, having picked up 13 points from a possible 63 so far.
The last seven weeks have been particularly awful, with Hearts losing six and drawing two in eight Premiership matches, giving up all hope of top-flight survival.
There is no argument that Locke and Brown face a horrendous task. Their squad is young and threadbare. Jason Holt, one of their best players, is missing through injury. And no reinforcements are currently allowed.
This is one of the toughest gigs any Scottish manager could face - that is universally acknowledged. Nonetheless, Locke and Brown must still be judged on their work. Brown, in particular, has taken a hissy fit over some comments I have made, both in print and on air, in which I suggested that he and Locke could actually be doing better than they are.
Having acknowledged the scale of the job facing them, I still regarded the comments as totally uncontroversial and virtually beyond dispute.
Hearts have won just three league games all season - is it really the case that no other manager could have done better? Is it beyond the pale to even air such an opinion?
My view has never altered on Gary Locke. I believe he is standing up to this Hearts task gamely and bravely, and never shies away from the issues. He is to be greatly commended for that. Locke is no shrinking violet.
But he is also a young, inexperienced manager. A more experienced manager might have done better, or shown greater insight, in this situation. I repeat: "might have." I would think this observation would stand to reason.
Locke's team have won 3-1 away to Aberdeen already. They have beaten Hibs twice so far, once in the Premiership, once in the League Cup.
Winning is not beyond Hearts. Performing well, as Locke himself has said, is not beyond them. It seems to me that, as difficult as this Tynecastle situation is, praising Locke and criticising him must remain a part of our football debate.
Locke himself recently stated: "We can do better. We have to do better. There is no excuse."
I'm not sure if I would say "there can be no excuses" for Hearts. Clearly, there are extenuating circumstances. But, in the main, Locke himself appears to acknowledge that judgements must still be made.
Hearts are doomed. They are going to go down. But I don't buy the view that this should be the trigger for a widespread Jambo gloom.
It may well be that this great Scottish football club revives itself, comes good again in the lower league, and re-emerges in the top flight with a fine, fresh cast of players. I certainly hope so.
That day might even come with the same Gary Locke and Billy Brown at the helm. I hope that happens, too.

Hibbyradge
07-01-2014, 03:25 PM

There's the option to go to the full site at the bottom of the page too. :thumbsup:

Keith_M
07-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Sorry, but this is the part he has completely wrong...

"Hearts fans must rue the day they ever encountered Vladimir Romanov."

Doesn't he realise that, "given the choice, [they] would do it all again" (Ian Murray, MP) and it was all "worth it for the ride" (various yam Muppets)

DanHFC1875
07-01-2014, 03:29 PM

Doesn't he realise that, "given the choice, [they] would do it all again" (Ian Murray, MP) and it was all "worth it for the ride" (various yam Muppets)

haha, yeah I know and it's true loads of them do say that.
Just thought it was an article worth posting in light of Billy Clown's comments on Sportsound last night :na na:

Oscar T Grouch
07-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Thanks Dan, and Radge (noticed that after I posted:green grin)

grunt
07-01-2014, 03:31 PM
How can he say, how can anyone say, that FOH are "safe hands"?
And in whose eyes are FOH "highly respected"?

This kid of shoddy journalism does my head in.

DanHFC1875
07-01-2014, 03:33 PM

It is a pretty good attempt at sighting their ''best case scenario'' paving the way to lay into them or just tell the truth... but I don't totally agree with it all.. just think it's relevant haha

SanFranHibs
07-01-2014, 03:35 PM
here you go gadge :aok:

Spiers on Sport: Gary Locke and the misery of HeartsPublished on 7 January 2014
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/spotlight_homepage/2014/1/1389109695-737.jpg
Spiers on Sport
Twelve months from now, Hearts could be in a very optimistic place, potently rebuilding in the SPFL Championship, with a fine crop of young players.
Even better, in terms of ownership, the club will surely be in the safe hands of the Foundation of Hearts, the highly-respected fans group.
But all of that is to be awaited. Right now, Gary Locke and his stricken squad are in a horrendous fix, being whipped on the park, sometimes embarrassingly so, and virtually guaranteed relegation in May.
Hearts fans must rue the day they ever encountered Vladimir Romanov. His legacy to the club, after seven years of disintegrating rule, is this abject misery and near-ruin.
Bitterness is now creeping in as well. Billy Brown, a Hearts assistant manager who is valiantly fire-fighting alongside Locke, has called for the current Hearts transfer embargo to be lifted, claiming "there has to be leeway" and that "enough is enough".
This could not possibly be allowed to happen - and it won't. There is enough of a siege-mentality around Rangers right now without Hearts suddenly being excused in mid-punishment for their misdemeanours, given the sanctions doled out to the Ibrox regime.
There would be uproar if the SFA were to suddenly say: "You know what…we've thought about what Billy Brown has said and, yep, enough is enough…we're lifting the Hearts embargo."
Clemency has to be merited - and in this case it is not. Both Locke and Brown have acknowledged in the past that Hearts deserved to be punished. That truth cannot be revoked.
Debate has also now surfaced about how well Locke and Brown are doing in their jobs, with their team currently 19 points behind second-bottom Ross County, having picked up 13 points from a possible 63 so far.
The last seven weeks have been particularly awful, with Hearts losing six and drawing two in eight Premiership matches, giving up all hope of top-flight survival.
There is no argument that Locke and Brown face a horrendous task. Their squad is young and threadbare. Jason Holt, one of their best players, is missing through injury. And no reinforcements are currently allowed.
This is one of the toughest gigs any Scottish manager could face - that is universally acknowledged. Nonetheless, Locke and Brown must still be judged on their work. Brown, in particular, has taken a hissy fit over some comments I have made, both in print and on air, in which I suggested that he and Locke could actually be doing better than they are.
Having acknowledged the scale of the job facing them, I still regarded the comments as totally uncontroversial and virtually beyond dispute.
Hearts have won just three league games all season - is it really the case that no other manager could have done better? Is it beyond the pale to even air such an opinion?
My view has never altered on Gary Locke. I believe he is standing up to this Hearts task gamely and bravely, and never shies away from the issues. He is to be greatly commended for that. Locke is no shrinking violet.
But he is also a young, inexperienced manager. A more experienced manager might have done better, or shown greater insight, in this situation. I repeat: "might have." I would think this observation would stand to reason.
Locke's team have won 3-1 away to Aberdeen already. They have beaten Hibs twice so far, once in the Premiership, once in the League Cup.
Winning is not beyond Hearts. Performing well, as Locke himself has said, is not beyond them. It seems to me that, as difficult as this Tynecastle situation is, praising Locke and criticising him must remain a part of our football debate.
Locke himself recently stated: "We can do better. We have to do better. There is no excuse."
I'm not sure if I would say "there can be no excuses" for Hearts. Clearly, there are extenuating circumstances. But, in the main, Locke himself appears to acknowledge that judgements must still be made.
Hearts are doomed. They are going to go down. But I don't buy the view that this should be the trigger for a widespread Jambo gloom.
It may well be that this great Scottish football club revives itself, comes good again in the lower league, and re-emerges in the top flight with a fine, fresh cast of players. I certainly hope so.
That day might even come with the same Gary Locke and Billy Brown at the helm. I hope that happens, too.

But I am sure it filled some space !!!

The safe hands of the much respected FOH? Yes and the NHS was safe in Maggies hands.

Hearts are doomed, but this should not trigger widespread Jambo gloom? Unlikely to trigger a party at Robbo's.

It may well be that this great Scottish football club revives itself, comes good again in the lower league, and re-emerges in the top flight with a fine, fresh cast of players. Well if it is only 'might' even more cause for gloom. And though we can debate the timespan I think, in my opinion of course, if Hearts do survive it is obvious they will return to the top flight at some point. MAy just take a little longer than most Hearts fans think.

And if they don't survive, well that certainly is not a reason for widespread gloom...is it? :wink:

I think we could have written a better sit on the fence paragraph much better than this !!!

:flag:

DanHFC1875
07-01-2014, 03:39 PM
But I am sure it filled some space !!!

The safe hands of the much respected FOH? Yes and the NHS was safe in Maggies hands.

Hearts are doomed, but this should not trigger widespread Jambo gloom? Unlikely to trigger a party at Robbo's.

It may well be that this great Scottish football club revives itself, comes good again in the lower league, and re-emerges in the top flight with a fine, fresh cast of players. Well if it is only 'might' even more cause for gloom. And though we can debate the timespan I think, in my opinion of course, if Hearts do survive it is obvious they will return to the top flight at some point. MAy just take a little longer than most Hearts fans think.

And if they don't survive, well that certainly is not a reason for widespread gloom...is it? :wink:

I think we could have written a better sit on the fence paragraph much better than this !!!

:flag:

Aye, I agree. :aok:

Hibercelona
07-01-2014, 03:40 PM

That's what they'd all have you believe on the surface. But deep down, they're all planning their suicide attempts.

MoscowHibs
07-01-2014, 03:41 PM

Aye, I bet it wis seeing as it's the only ride they mutant munters wid get, sisters excluded.

the_ginger_hibee
07-01-2014, 03:44 PM
A 'bull**** sandwich' if I ever seen one...all so Spiers could get a retort in about Brown.

I think Spiers is pretty good but that article isn't much cop - what about more focus on real victims and the blase attitude during the Romanov era? (...and after!)

DanHFC1875
07-01-2014, 03:50 PM
A 'bull**** sandwich' if I ever seen one...all so Spiers could get a retort in about Brown.

I think Spiers is pretty good but that article isn't much cop - what about more focus on real victims and the blase attitude during the Romanov era? (...and after!)

I don't think he had a spare 3 months and didn't want to write war and peace.

hibsbollah
07-01-2014, 03:55 PM

Agree. Spiers can do much better. And once you start dignifying the likes of Brown with a response you've already lost.

Geo_1875
07-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Who is this Rangers that he mentions?

Deansy
07-01-2014, 03:59 PM
'the Foundation of Hearts - the highly-respected fans group'

Personally, I love Spiers's ultra-dry sense-of-humour !!

Hibercelona
07-01-2014, 04:00 PM

His sarcasm seems to go over quite a few heads.

Pedantic_Hibee
07-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Who is this Rangers that he mentions?

I call him out on that all the time on twitter and he never responds. Just another lapdog with a keyboard.

DanHFC1875
07-01-2014, 04:15 PM

haha yeah it is a good read.

His sarcasm seems to go over quite a few heads.

:top marks

Jack
07-01-2014, 04:19 PM

I think these are theoretical remarks.

In theory a football club in the hands of its supporters will be safe. Hibs for example is owned by a Hibs supporter and the directors and those working for the club are Hibs supporters. OK so ours isn't the fan ownership model, but it keeps us alive.

Likewise in an ideal world MPs should be highly respected, but thats another thread, and the former players, formerly of S.H.I.T. are highly respected in yam circles.

All very well in theory ;-)

grunt
07-01-2014, 04:25 PM
I think these are theoretical remarks.

Thanks, but it seems that his sarcasm went over my head.

SurferRosa
07-01-2014, 04:29 PM

I tweeted him regarding this very comment......

Me.. " @GrahamSpiers (https://twitter.com/GrahamSpiers) read Kickback. You`ll find they dont "rue the day they encountered Romanov. It`s all been worth it apparently. "

Needless to say, i never got a reply from him......but i got these..

" It has, whats different from before Romanov came in in terms of debt? Its been great! "

" Slightly simplistic take on it. The alternative would have taken us to this point far sooner. "

" Not to say it's been worth it. But it MIGHT have worked. Piemans way would NEVER have worked. "

It was all worth it. It seems. :coffee:

Deansy
07-01-2014, 04:31 PM

For 'FOH are safe hands' and 'FOH highly respected' see HIBCERLONA answer at post 21 ...............

grunt
07-01-2014, 04:37 PM
For 'FOH are safe hands' and 'FOH highly respected' see HIBCERLONA answer at post 21 ...............See my post 25 ...

:agree:

Baader
07-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Couldn't take it seriously after only 4 lines:

"Foundation of Hearts, the highly-respected fans group"

Hahaha!

Danderhall Hibs
07-01-2014, 05:04 PM
I call him out on that all the time on twitter and he never responds. Just another lapdog with a keyboard.

That's definitely not true, he's one of the only journalists that acknowledge Rangers shut down and started again. He's said it countless times on bbc radio.

Pedantic_Hibee
07-01-2014, 05:07 PM
That's definitely not true, he's one of the only journalists that acknowledge Rangers shut down and started again. He's said it countless times on bbc radio.

Has he?! Seriously?

He constantly refers to them as "Rangers" which irks me. "Rangers" are dead.

Dunderhall
07-01-2014, 05:10 PM

Billy, I know you've been places, but are you sure about this set up for kick off?

Danderhall Hibs
07-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Has he?! Seriously?

Seriously. I'm sure he even said he had checked with liquidation experts on the meaning of liquidation.

Chuck Rhoades
07-01-2014, 05:32 PM
On 810mw now

rossevenil
07-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Shaun Lawson speaking as the King Roaster!! lol

ekhibee
07-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Speirs is busy doing his bit to get Boyd to go to Notts Forest on Sportsound right now.

ekhibee
07-01-2014, 06:00 PM
He's actually annoying me even more now. Boyd is not buying it but Speirs keeps on harping on about he has to/should go to Forest. He keeps on adding this crap every two seconds, 'Killie fans will hate me for this' then starts again about how Boyd should really go to Forest. I know this is a thread about other things Speirs has written/ said, but I'm sorry, I really don't trust him. He's been in a constant love affair with his own voice for as long as I can remember.

Keith_M
07-01-2014, 06:05 PM

Has he?! Seriously?

Actually, he has said that quite a lot.

He's also highlighted the number of people that have said that the previous Rangers were/would be no more and their history would be gone if liquidated, e.g. Chuckie Green & Jumbo Traynor

cabbageandribs1875
07-01-2014, 06:08 PM
only caught the last 15 mins and it went like this

spiers= go to Forest

boyd= blah blah happy playing at killie

spiers=go to Forest

boyd= blah blah happy playing at killie

spiers= go to Forest

boys= blah blah happy playing at killie

and so on and so forth...loady repetitive p@sh, boyd was already on the programme on saturday past

stu in nottingham
07-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Speirs is busy doing his bit to get Boyd to go to Notts Forest on Sportsound right now.

Not sure what would make him think Forest are interested in Boyd. They do need a striker and I could be mistaken but I think Forest are shopping in a more expensive market.

No mention of it in the local media here.

Hibercelona
07-01-2014, 06:13 PM
I don't see Boyd going to Forest.

Iceman1875
07-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Enjoyed the show tonight, Boyd actually comes across fairly decent. Spiers asked some challenging questions but like other posters have said didn't let the forest thing drop. I hope Boyd comes to us in the window :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

JimBHibees
07-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Enjoyed the show tonight, Boyd actually comes across fairly decent. Spiers asked some challenging questions but like other posters have said didn't let the forest thing drop. I hope Boyd comes to us in the window :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Agree thought Boyd came over well. Most interesting thing to me was Spiers outlining the influence David Murray had on sports journalists.

tamig
07-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Agree thought Boyd came over well. Most interesting thing to me was Spiers outlining the influence David Murray had on sports journalists.

Liked how Boyd told it straight. "They won cups with players on 10-15k who they couldnt afford. Theyre now being punished for that and have to accept it." Not heard that said too often on Sportsound. Nice one KB.

Geo_1875
07-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Actually, he has said that quite a lot.

He's also highlighted the number of people that have said that the previous Rangers were/would be no more and their history would be gone if liquidated, e.g. Chuckie Green & Jmbo Traynor

Yet he still refuses to call them The Rangers and perpetuates the myth for the masses. If he, and the rest of the media North and South of the border, had any balls they would make a stand and call their bluff.

Danderhall Hibs
07-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Liked how Boyd told it straight. "They won cups with players on 10-15k who they couldnt afford. Theyre now being punished for that and have to accept it." Not heard that said too often on Sportsound. Nice one KB.

Was he talking about Hearts or Rangers?

tamig
07-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Was he talking about Hearts or Rangers?

Hertz. The whole programme was about them more or less.

Phil D. Rolls
07-01-2014, 08:18 PM

Empty phrases, that do not stand up to any evaluation. They mean whatever the reader wants them to mean. Sort of like "debt free".

.Sean.
07-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Going against the general consensus on here but I don't mind Spiers at all really. Good article.

DanHFC1875
07-01-2014, 08:51 PM

Hit the nail on the head. He's not anti Hearts or Pro Hibs and yeah, we know that rangers did the same and they went bust. Spot on about Hear7s

tomf
07-01-2014, 10:14 PM

I couldn't agree more with this post. I had a look at the their fan site the other day after reading so many negative comments about it and I was disappointed to read the thread asking if they would do it all again because I couldn't find a single dissenting voice. It would appear that they have learnt nothing; they show zero contrition and they seem to think it was a great ride and well worth it to have beaten (cheated) us in a cup final. Most of the contributors said that they would happily do it again. The lack of repentance alone should determine that they face the full punishment without any thoughts about leniency. I don't often comment on this site and the last time I did caused uproar with their fans (so I know that some of them will read this) but I just want to ask them a few simple questions, namely...What would it take to make you regret the financial doping that has brought you to where you are? Would it be forever being regarded as cheats? Would it be losing Tynecastle? Going into liquidation? Falling into the lower leagues or simply disappearing from the football map (and if you don't even mind that because it was all worth it to beat us then I would ask you how many Third Lanark cup wins are remembered). Basically; is there a limit or is anything acceptable as long as you beat the best team in Edinburgh?
I should also say that the only place I have read any sensible assessment of their position has been on this site by Hibs fans. They have chosen to ignore the warnings and simply mock. The media reporting has, at times, been as deluded as their fans and none of it has helped them grasp the reaity that, barring a miracle, they are gone.

Nevi_SOL
07-01-2014, 10:40 PM

Very well said Mr Boyd

matty_f
07-01-2014, 10:45 PM
I couldn't agree more with this post. I had a look at the their fan site the other day after reading so many negative comments about it and I was disappointed to read the thread asking if they would do it all again because I couldn't find a single dissenting voice. It would appear that they have learnt nothing; they show zero contrition and they seem to think it was a great ride and well worth it to have beaten (cheated) us in a cup final. Most of the contributors said that they would happily do it again. The lack of repentance alone should determine that they face the full punishment without any thoughts about leniency. I don't often comment on this site and the last time I did caused uproar with their fans (so I know that some of them will read this) but I just want to ask them a few simple questions, namely...What would it take to make you regret the financial doping that has brought you to where you are? Would it be forever being regarded as cheats? Would it be losing Tynecastle? Going into liquidation? Falling into the lower leagues or simply disappearing from the football map (and if you don't even mind that because it was all worth it to beat us then I would ask you how many Third Lanark cup wins are remembered). Basically; is there a limit or is anything acceptable as long as you beat the best team in Edinburgh?
I should also say that the only place I have read any sensible assessment of their position has been on this site by Hibs fans. They have chosen to ignore the warnings and simply mock. The media reporting has, at times, been as deluded as their fans and none of it has helped them grasp the reaity that, barring a miracle, they are gone.

You'll just get the standard response. 5-1, 1902, big team. Asking them for a reasoned response is similar to asking a pig to solve a Rubik's Cube.

--------
08-01-2014, 12:29 AM

That occurred to me too. the only FOH I know of is a group of former Romanov groupies and their half-witted dupes.

As far as I'm hearing, any half-sensible or respectable members of FOH are clearing out fast, before the roof falls in.

Andrew Gibson, Glasgow (Glasgow? Why's he not supporting Partick Thistle or Clyde or Albion Rovers or someone else more sensible than Hearts?) may well be right in fearing a sudden demand for big bucksarriving from Lithuania. After all, they have the curious idea that they're entitled to their money - something that seems to have escaped the Ludicrous Billy Brown in the last few weeks.

It would be nice if Spiers had actually spelled it out - the present Hearts fans, manager, assistant manager, and officials aren't innocent bystanders mown down by flying debris from a disaster that was none of their making. They were art and part of the swindle that Romanov and his cronies perpetrated on Scottish football, and they gave their full and enthusiastic approval and support to him from the word "go".

They deserve all they're getting these days. In fact, in my humble opinion, they're getting off very lightly indeed. They still have a team to go watch - though it appears that fewer and fewer of them have any stomach for doing so any longer.

Lots and lots of empty seats in the shabby old Wongadome last weekend ...

You'd almost think Hearts were a wee team.

--------
08-01-2014, 12:33 AM
I should also say that the only place I have read any sensible assessment of their position has been on this site by Hibs fans. They have chosen to ignore the warnings and simply mock. The media reporting has, at times, been as deluded as their fans and none of it has helped them grasp the reality that, barring a miracle, they are gone.

Superb post! Excellent. :top marks

Viva_Palmeiras
08-01-2014, 09:30 AM
You'll just get the standard response. 5-1, 1902, big team. Asking them for a reasoned response is similar to asking a pig to solve a Rubik's Cube.

Since they like numbers - how is 77 as a percentage wanting Locke oot?!

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-hibs-round-up-4-hibs-stars-out-mcgowan-1-3260502

DanHFC1875
08-01-2014, 09:58 AM

Everybody saw it coming so long ago, not sure why no Hearts fans did. Surely a fair amount of them must have, surely?!

ha true