PDA

View Full Version : Yams Every Jambo Deep Down Knows That The Hibs Way Is and Always Was The Only Way

hihohibby
07-01-2014, 01:53 PM
I feel so proud of the guardians of my club and eternally grateful that they saw fit to invest in creating a sustainable model and the building of solid foundations for the club that I love.
It really is excruciatingly painful for the institution known as HOMFC and its arrogant and deluded followers to witness their greatest rivals sitting in such a comfortable position both on and off the field; knowing deep down that the Hibs way is and always was the only way and the correct way -untainted, untarnished and honest.
Take a bow Mr Petrie and Co.:not worth

Keith_M
07-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Rubbish.

Hibs are somewhere between 9 and 15 milion in debt and only survive because of generous handouts from Tom Farmer. It's true, a Jambo told me.

Oh and he mentioned 5-1, 1902, Wee Team and somthing about being worth it for the ride. Given the state of his face, I can't imagine what it was he meant by the last point.

Jim44
07-01-2014, 02:26 PM
I feel so proud of the guardians of my club and eternally grateful that they saw fit to invest in creating a sustainable model and the building of solid foundations for the club that I love.
It really is excruciatingly painful for the institution known as HOMFC and its arrogant and deluded followers to witness their greatest rivals sitting in such a comfortable position both on and off the field; knowing deep down that the Hibs way is and always was the only way and the correct way -untainted, untarnished and honest.

I honestly think you are being too charitable in suggesting that, 'deep down' the deluded fools know that our way is and was the right way. I would say that at least 90% of all Jambos seriously claim that their demise has been worth it and would go through it all again for their 'three hours of glory.' The end justified the means and they won't be convinced of any other scenario.

07-01-2014, 02:39 PM
I honestly think you are being too charitable in suggesting that, 'deep down' the deluded fools know that our way is and was the right way. I would say that at least 90% of all Jambos seriously claim that their demise has been worth it and would go through it all again for their 'three hours of glory.' The end justified the means and they won't be convinced of any other scenario.

That's how much hibs mean to them, worth it all because they beat us 5-1 in the final. Would they be saying it was all worth it if it was Kilmarnock or Aberdeen or Motherwell etc they beat in the final? Don't think so. I realise the win means more coz we are main rivals but worth all this for it? Don't kid yourselves.

TRC

thats because they will be debt free and the biggest club out with the old firm next year:blah::tee hee:

The Modfather

I don't know that simply not following the lead of a basket case like the Pub Team automatically equates to us having been well run. We have been well run at times under Petrie's stewardship, but the last 5 years have been criminal. Hopefully the decline looks to be being genuinely turned around under Butcher, but how Petrie has escaped scott free baffles and frustrates me.

Yours,

A grumpy git.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-01-2014, 02:43 PM
I don't know that simply not following the lead of a basket case like the Pub Team automatically equates to us having been well run. We have been well run at times under Petrie's stewardship, but the last 5 years have been criminal. Hopefully the decline looks to be being genuinely turned around under Butcher, but how Petrie has escaped scott free baffles and frustrates me.

Yours,

A grumpy git.

I concur, although as you say I do believe the turning point has been reached with the appointment of Terry. Hopefully it turns into a Perfect Storm for those of a Yammish persuasion!:I'm waiti

Hibercelona
07-01-2014, 02:49 PM
thats because they will be debt free and the biggest club out with the old firm next year:blah::tee hee:

In "3 months" apparently, according to the odd folk on sickbag.

They seem to have the idea that as soon as they're relegated to the Championship, their debt will just simply disappear.

Someone needs to try and explain to them that it doesn't work that way.

Jim44
07-01-2014, 03:41 PM

We know they've been saying this for ages while we've been saying, 'that's what they think'. Without dotting the 'i's and crossing the 't's what actually is the reality of their situation when they are relegated to the Chanpionship and come out of administration?

Kato
07-01-2014, 03:45 PM
My stock answer to any Jambo who claims "it was worth it" is "How can you say that when the full price hasn't hit home yet?"

Let's see what they are saying a year from now when they are playing in Div1 and getting humped OR aren't playing anyone at all as they are defunct.

Aldo
07-01-2014, 03:49 PM
My stock answer to any Jambo who claims "it was worth it" is "How can you say that when the full price hasn't hit home yet?" Let's see what they are saying a year from now when they are playing in Div1 and getting humped OR aren't playing anyone at all as they are defunct.

OR when the plug is finally pulled and they are relegated. Bajillions mentioned in another thread that BJ has asked for their monies upfront but have been told to bolt.

Desperate times = desperate measures.

Hermit Crab
07-01-2014, 05:00 PM

Cert to end up on kickback. Embarrassing.

Gerard
07-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Rubbish.

Hibs are somewhere between 9 and 15 milion in debt and only survive because of generous handouts from Tom Farmer. It's true, a Jambo told me.

Oh and he mentioned 5-1, 1902, Wee Team and somthing about being worth it for the ride. Given the state of his face, I can't imagine what it was he meant by the last point.

Why not say 48 million in debt:greengrin. They have memories of winning the Scottish Cup and 1-5 yawn
We have a future and many more chances for good memories.
We are Hibernian FC:wink:

Deansy
07-01-2014, 05:47 PM
In "3 months" apparently, according to the odd folk on sickbag.

They seem to have the idea that as soon as they're relegated to the Championship, their debt will just simply disappear.

Someone needs to try and explain to them that it doesn't work that way.

Why - they didn't listen when we told them they were going bust/doon ??

Phil D. Rolls
07-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Thank you Mr. Petrie.

jacomo
07-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Cert to end up on kickback. Embarrassing.

Do you really care? I gave up arguing with Yams years ago - they won't listen and the Tick Tock really was time running out for them.

They could have done something to avoid their current fate but its way too late now.