PDA

View Full Version : Big Gaz

FitbaFolkKen
06-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Officially announced at Morton, good luck!

Hermit Crab
06-01-2014, 02:37 PM

Hope he gets himself back on track.

scott7_0(Prague)
06-01-2014, 02:38 PM
As harsh as it sounds , he is joke of a professional, spoiled his career by being an idiot off it.

Garry and Deek had the opportunity to go on and do great things in football, but lack of brains scuppered both of them.

hibbybob
06-01-2014, 03:05 PM
As harsh as it sounds , he is joke of a professional, spoiled his career by being an idiot off it.

Garry and Deek had the opportunity to go on and do great things in football, but lack of brains scuppered both of them.

Harsh - Yes

Pointless post - Yes

Why not just wish the guy good luck?

Bronson
06-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Fair play to him for swallowing his pride and making the drop down.

Such a waste of a talent though, shame.

scott7_0(Prague)
06-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Harsh - Yes

Pointless post - Yes

Because I was giving the opportunity to express my opinion.

Unlike some people I like to think if I have something I want to share I share it, not sit on it. :aok:

cleanyman
06-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Harsh - Yes

Pointless post - Yes

I don't think it was harsh at all, just stating fact.

Hope he does well, it's the kind of move he needs. If i was Riordan I'd be looking for a similar move as well.

hibeeleicester
06-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Hearts will be struggling to beat most of these teams next year:agree:

silverhibee
06-01-2014, 03:46 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25606788

Wilson
06-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Kenny needs something to happen for him. Morton are struggling. Hopefully Gaz can get himself back on track. This could be a good move all round.

06-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Hopefully he can finally get his life an his career back on track. He wasted what could have been a very successful career through being an idiot and choosing to continuously use drugs.

Shame really, but hopefully at long last he is gonna try get himself fit again and try salvage some sort of career in football.

essexhibee
06-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Watched an interview on Sky Sports this afternoon with him in it. Still looks overweight but hopefully he can resurrect his career at Morton.

He's a former player who gave us some great moments....would only ever wish him the best and hope that his personal problems are sorted now. It was clear he had a real drug problem and hopefully now he can stay clean. Good luck gaz.

Flanny boy
06-01-2014, 05:33 PM
We all make mistakes and fall short some more so than others
i wish Gary all the best for the future both on and of the pitch

.Sean.
06-01-2014, 05:40 PM
We all make mistakes, he has his flaws but he's no different to millions of others in his age bracket, he's just daft and in the public eye. If only everyone was as perfect as the .net choirboys who just love to stick the boot in eh.

He's gave us many a great memory and any time I've been in his company he's been great craic and a total gent. And he ****ing hates Hearts. All in all a good guy, could've and should've achieved more and he'll know that better than anyone so it's pointless sticking the knife in.

All the best GOC :agree:

Billy Whizz
06-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Good luck

jimmyboco1875
06-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Good luck bigman, hopefully you start banging the goals in soon, you will be playing the ****s soon

Hibrandenburg
06-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Harsh - Yes

Pointless post - Yes

Maybe because people blowing smoke up his arse for so long has got him where he is today? :dunno:

Still, hope he sorts his **** out, good luck!

jimmyboco1875
06-01-2014, 05:44 PM
We all make mistakes, he has his flaws but he's no different to millions of others in his age bracket, he's just daft and in the public eye. If only everyone was as perfect as the .net choirboys who just love to stick the boot in eh.

He's gave us many a great memory and any time I've been in his company he's been great craic and a total gent. And he ****ing hates Hearts. All in all a good guy, could've and should've achieved more and he'll know that better than anyone so it's pointless sticking the knife in.

This post is spot on btw

offshorehibby
06-01-2014, 05:48 PM
He's supposed to be on Sportsound tonight.

NAE NOOKIE
06-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Yeh there was lots of daft stuff, but the first goal in that magical dooing of the Current Buns at Ibrox in the cup and his last gasp winner against the Yams will always endear him to me.

Good luck Gaz ... Perhaps Deek could join up with him there .. could still be a formidable duo at that level.

sleeping giant
06-01-2014, 06:07 PM

Agree with all that.

Good Luck Garry. Hopefully score plenty.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Good luck Gaz:aok:

Unseen work
06-01-2014, 06:08 PM
I think gaz will tear that league apart. When he came back to us there was a lot of people moaning about him being unfit and he got 16 goals for a team that finished 11th! Get some match fitness and his touch back and he will score goals

scott7_0(Prague)
06-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Seems a lot of folk on here are starstruck - good bloke to be in company with or not, he has wasted his career with his daft ways. :agree:

That's all I am saying, good luck to the guy for trying again, but how many agains has or will there be.

andy1875
06-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Scored alot of goals in what has been the best Hibs team seen in my 29 years of following the cabbage under Mowbray.

Brought us £1.8million in transfer fees and if my memory serves me correctly, donated his signing on fee to Moscow back to Hibs.

In his second spell, he again scored alot of important goals in our fight for survival and run to the SC final.

He may have had problems of the field but I for one wish him all the best.

sleeping giant
06-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Seems a lot of folk on here are starstruck - good bloke to be in company with or not, he has wasted his career with his daft ways. :agree:

That's all I am saying, good luck to the guy for trying again, but how many agains has or will there be.

Nobody is arguing with you.

All the best though eh ?

Sir David Gray
06-01-2014, 06:40 PM
I wish him all the best at Morton and hope he can get his life back on track.

I was disappointed with him when I saw that picture of him in a nightclub hours after that game but he gave us a lot of good times in a Hibs shirt and I hope he can resurrect his career.

--------
06-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Fair play to him for swallowing his pride and making the drop down.

Such a waste of a talent though, shame.

Swallowing his pride?

He's lucky to get any offer with his history.

Just hope he doesn't let Morton down the way he's let Hibs down.

SanFranHibs
06-01-2014, 06:58 PM

Agree with Sean.

Good luck Gaz.

:flag:

Weststandwanab
06-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Agree with Sean.

Good luck Gaz.

:flag: Best of luck Gary.

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2014, 07:07 PM

Very good and generous post, completely agree. The big chap is a total gem. Yes he's been daft and probably hasn't maximized his potential, but few of us haven't been a bit crazy at one time or another, and if you've won a World Cup medal or the Nobel Prize in your particular field, you probably aren't on football websites.

Football fans can be very hard on players and scrutinize their lives a lot more intensely that they'd be comfortable with people doing to them. Not everybody is a (yawn) model pro, some folk like to live a little, and doing so in a goldfish bowl can be hard. Guys like Garry and Deeks are subjected regularly to the kind of provocations by bams and temptations that would grind down many of the self-righteous.

If he's got the zest for the game back and still has something to offer it, then all the best to him.

TRC
06-01-2014, 07:16 PM
I don't think people are kicking the guy when he is down, I think it's almost disappointment that this guy hasn't made it to the top of his game, when we all say him as a raw teenager looked fantastic and I'll always remember his goal versus the yams when we were down to 10 men, in the last few mins. as has been said I'm sure he knows he could've done better. met him a few times sure it was his aunty that worked in the bookies in jocks lodge, she introduced him to me and he was a gent.

hibbysam
06-01-2014, 07:18 PM

Exactly Sean.

The big man is a gent, who was given far too much money at too young an age! He wasn't the first and won't be the last... Scored us many a goal and made us millions into the bargain...

cmcd
06-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Harsh - Yes

Pointless post - Yes

Because Both Gary O and D R have been given chance after chance and blown them I just dont understand the love in with these boys There have been a number of great goalscorers in my lifetime who given their all for the club and conducted themselves in a proper manner

Iceman1875
06-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Hope he does well and scores goals to keep Morton up. I would be nice to see DR join up with him :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

CRAZYHIBBY
06-01-2014, 07:56 PM
He wanted to come back to hibs but fenlon said no

green day
06-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Because Both Gary O and D R have been given chance after chance and blown them I just dont understand the love in with these boys There have been a number of great goalscorers in my lifetime who given their all for the club and conducted themselves in a proper manner

Yep, both have done some silly things but....at that age I was a bam but got away with it out of the public gaze.

They were brilliant, shining stars of our game that maybe flew too close to the sun - and got burned.

But the only people they hurt was themselves, and I for one loved their time here.

That's why.

Oh, and youtube their goals if you need a refresher in just how talented they were - nobody in this league comes close, nobody.

Jim44
06-01-2014, 08:03 PM
He was meant to be on Sportsound tonight. but according to KMc, he didn't answer his phone. Tom English was right in there with "It's not like Garry to let you down."

SlickShoes
06-01-2014, 08:05 PM

Good

weonlywon6-2
06-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Met gary a couple of times,was really decent.

Best of luck,hope you do well

Sanger
06-01-2014, 09:11 PM
This post is spot on btw

Gave his Russian signing on fee to hibs acadamey

SeanWilson
06-01-2014, 09:14 PM

All the best big G!

Viva_Palmeiras
06-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Uncanny ...

http://m.scotsman.com/lifestyle/heritage/shallow-grave-bones-linked-to-burke-and-hare-1-3256053

calder45a
06-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Uncanny ...

http://m.scotsman.com/lifestyle/heritage/shallow-grave-bones-linked-to-burke-and-hare-1-3256053

Lol is that not Sir Tom to the left of Garry.
Uncanny indeed.

basehibby
06-01-2014, 11:59 PM
Good luck Gaz - hope you get in shape and are a resounding success at Morton, saving them from relegation so you can score some more goals vs the Yams next season thus extending and deepening their misery :thumbsup:

jacomo
07-01-2014, 12:05 AM

Well said.

Jones28
07-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Best of luck to gaz.

Was on course for a 20 goal season in his last spell with us until that horrific dip in form. 16 goals ain't to shabby though. Think he will romp div 1

ballengeich
07-01-2014, 01:23 AM
I hope he does well. He's made a lot of stupid mistakes, but from what I know he's only hurt himself, so good luck Garry.

Pretty Boy
07-01-2014, 01:26 AM
Hope this is a sign he is getting himself sorted out.

Good on him for being willing to drop down a level to get back playing. If he is focussed and fit then he will score goals for fun in the 1st Division. If he does that then i'm sure a few club in the Premier will take a look.

Good luck to him.

MontrealHibs
07-01-2014, 02:18 AM
Hope he does well, good luck!

edinburghhibee
07-01-2014, 03:20 AM
Still mind his goal at fir park a few years ago think it was in the cup 2-2 and we won the pens. He picked up the ball at the halfway went running directly at the Motherwell defence unbelievably put it past the centre half and strolled around the opposite side then stroked the ball home sure it was late on in the game too. That's what you get from the big man good luck to him and cheers for the goals

Squealing pig
07-01-2014, 05:02 AM
Good luck big man hope u fire in the goals and keep morton uup so u can score againt the jambos again ggtth

Itsnoteasy
07-01-2014, 10:22 AM

Good to hear Fenlon made 1 right decision.

micksoo
07-01-2014, 10:33 AM
I would love to see the big man do well. Good luck Garry!

The_Todd
07-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Hope they stay up and he helps them to pump the Hertz next season

lyonhibs
07-01-2014, 01:10 PM

I agree in principle but would contest the point that GOC is "no different" to millions of others in his age bracket. I've done my fair share of daft things after a scoop or 2 too many, but shoving ching up your snout, getting caught for it and then continuing to do it is a wee bit more than "daft" IMO.

Anyway, fundamentally he's scored a last minute winner against the filth and scored for us at Hampden. More - in a footballing content - than any of us have done. If he can shed the flab and stay away from the Bolivian Marching Powder, I reckon there remains a decent footballer in there.

Best of luck GOC.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-01-2014, 02:09 PM

You are showing your age, for most on here this pair are two of the less than a handful of great goal scorers that we've seen in a Hibs shirt.
Anyway, all the best to Gary, hope it works out for him.

olivebuzzer
07-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Good luck big man

Pretty Boy
07-01-2014, 03:07 PM
There's a good interview with Garry in The Sun today (it was left by someone in work. Honest!).

His own word are that he knows he has been an ******** and has to prove to people he had changed. Admits he made mistakes and just wants to play football. Also says he isn't hurt by what others say about him, he's hurt by the things he has done.

blaikie
07-01-2014, 03:53 PM
I might pop along and see the next Morton home game see how he gets on,Big mans made mistakes hope he learns from them and takes this chance.

Black Kyle
07-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Hope he does well for them and does what he does best. Scoring. Goals.

The Sea-gull
09-01-2014, 01:57 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25666800

Big Gaz indeed! Hopefully it is all muscle but that seems to be as big as I have ever seen him.

Still one of my favourite ever Hibs players though and hope he scores a barrowload and gets back to playing at a higher level before he is too old.

silverhibee
09-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Seemingly picked up a injury in a friendly against Partick Thistle the other day there, also still waiting for international clearance from Russia.

Niffy
09-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Good bit of chat last night on 810 from Kenny S. about Gaz.
Says he hopes he can get fit, and go on to better things again, where he believes he should be.

TRC
09-01-2014, 02:37 PM
chances of him talking deek into joining him

Niffy
09-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Someone texted that in and Kenny says he would love to...

fatbloke
09-01-2014, 04:20 PM
I might pop along and see the next Morton home game see how he gets on,Big mans made mistakes hope he learns from them and takes this chance.

Once he gets playing I say bring home home. With TB here we will see the real GO'C.